Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

General Dog posted:

Didn't Michael tell him directly he's in the Bad Place? Or was he still too dense to understand (this time)?

He was literally do dumb to remember and/or comprehend what Michael meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
So many great signs this episode.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

"Michael, I'm pregnant and it's your baby!" got me hard.

I feel like I can't wait a week.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"Caviar on a Stick"

I have no idea where this show's going now but I second this

Ernie. posted:

I can't wait a week.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Hey... aren't trains neat? :3

Choo-choo!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
"I know everything that happened in your life and it was all stupid."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't wait for The Vicki Show Starring Vicki

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:allbuttons:

how the fork will anything ever top that episode. oh my god

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure this ends with them teaming up with Michael in some way, at least temporarily, since Michael ends up in as bad a situation as they are.

drat you called it a week in advance!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

clown shoes posted:

So many great signs this episode.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone know what the delay for new episodes going up on Hulu is? I missed the premier date by a few days.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thingyman posted:

Anyone know what the delay for new episodes going up on Hulu is? I missed the premier date by a few days.

3 AM EST

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This episode was goddam masterful, holy shirt :stare:

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress yes, thanks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This season has been really good and has made me laugh way more than season 1 already.

The frequency with which Chidi gets wrapped up in Eleanor's poo poo is amazing. "THE PIG'S GETTIN' ANGRY!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I immediately had to watch it a second time, it was so good.

Janet and Michael in the jazz band :3:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy gently caress, this episode. Holy gently caress, this episode.

e: I wanna see more of magma golem Todd.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that was the best episode this show has had, like, by far, and i'm not calling the rest of the show bad, that was just, holy gently caress

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I laughed at “I’ve only said ‘I love you’ to two men my entire life. Stone Cold Steve Austin, and a guy in a dark club—who I mistook for Stone Cold Steve Austin.” harder than I have at a TV joke in a long time.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The writer of tonight's episode, Megan Amram, is hilarious.

More food puns:
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/913642289834090497

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
This show is utterly delightful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't notice until the second time that one iteration Michael made Tahani and Eleanor soulmates

wanna see that one :wink:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god, how do they keep doing this

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

clown shoes posted:

More food puns:

Squab Goals should have been in the show

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I have no words

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobulus posted:

At the rate we're going, they're going to team up with Michael in the next five minutes, and topple heaven by the 4th episode

Lotto numbers?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was one of the best episodes of TV of this whole year, god drat

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

clown shoes posted:

More food puns:

Ponzu Scheme hahhahaha. Ay dios mio!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, now that their secretly best buds, will Michael give them back their memories? Because that would be quite the experience. Imagine decades worth of knowledge suddenly coming back to you.

Actually, he's probably unable to do that. He keeps returning them to factory settings, I don't think he makes backup copies of their memories.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 29, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, now that their secretly best buds, will Michael give them back their memories? Because that would be quite the experience. Imagine decades worth of knowledge suddenly coming back to you.

Actually, he's probably unable to do that. He keeps returning them to factory settings, I don't think he makes backup copies of their memories.

I don't know if it would make much difference since they always end up following the same character arcs and arriving at the same conclusions anyway.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I lost it at "extra sticks."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

After that episode I'm convinced this is the best show on TV right now by a huge margin. God drat that was brilliant.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Harrow posted:

After that episode I'm convinced this is the best show on TV right now by a huge margin. God drat that was brilliant.

Absolutely the best and it's not even close.

This show needs to win all of the Emmys. All of them.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

So uh I was thinking this season might be a reset per episode with wacky hijinks and variations with something like this for a finale then they just go and blow it all on the 2nd episode.

I have zero idea where this is going now.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I wanted to see the version where Tahani was Eleanor's soulmate. :smith:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

VodeAndreas posted:

I have zero idea where this is going now.

Evil Ted Danson teaming up with the humans is the best possible outcome and no matter what route this takes next, it's going to be amazing. He'll have to work against the other demons, too! :neckbeard:

nooneofconsequence posted:

I wanted to see the version where Tahani was Eleanor's soulmate. :smith:

The first thing Eleanor does is confess, so this would have lead to Tahani having a major moral holier-than-thou moment and it would've gone off the rails almost instantly.

broken sm57
Apr 5, 2015

clown shoes posted:

I'm going to reiterate my theory from the last thread that probably won't be proven/disproven for many seasons but here goes: Michael is the Devil. No one knows he's the Devil. No one is in on it. This premiere only cemented this idea in my mind. He's literally torturing everyone, from the main characters, to the "actors" who are supposed to be in on it, to the judge who just wants this little experiment to be over. Even the name Michael means "who is like God?"

Michael is the Devil.

I bet this is right. I was onboard with the michael is in his own bad place after last weeks episodes, but this weeks episode leaned into that idea so hard, that I think it must be misdirection. He's Satan doing an undercover boss to torture all his employees with false incompetence.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Rappaport posted:

Evil Ted Danson teaming up with the humans is the best possible outcome and no matter what route this takes next, it's going to be amazing. He'll have to work against the other demons, too! :neckbeard:
Let's see, Michael wants to make it appear to everyone else that the humans are being tortured, the humans don't want to be tortured, so the deal must be something like "you guys pretend to be miserable and don't let on you've figured this out, and in return you can have anything you want." Like a mini-paradise in hell they can hang out in when nobody's watching. A four-person budhole, if you will.

EDIT: Although I wonder what Eleanor's plan was going to be before Michael proposed the alliance.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
What the gently caress even is this show? How is it so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This episode slayed me. I'll third or fourth that I'd have loved just a glimpse of Tahani and Eleanor as soulmates. I know it's early but this second season is building off the first so well. We spent so much time learning about all the characters and all of this works so well because of that.

• Locked thread