Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Meddle. Be my guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

100YrsofAttitude posted:

TLDR

##vote Mordiceius

This is just antagonistically obstructive.

I agree.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My observations after thoroughly reading what's been said:

Mord's dismissiveness towards the game structure is far more vitriolic than say, pmom's. Plus they vouch for pera for some reason. I get the impression that Mord has been granted extra information about the game that makes them feel above the rules, and I can't see how that benefit would be granted to town this early in the game.

100, I went back and looked over Mord's posts. While I agree that (s)he is "antagonistic" and "dismissive," I can't think of a good reason for why scum would expose themselves by vouching for another player (1) on D1, especially when there was minimal non-joke pressure on that player. Both the manner in timing strike me as odd strategy for an anti-town role.

If Mord does have additional information, I can't see how a scum player could be that confident.

I still prefer bminus for the lynch.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

QuoProQuid posted:

100, I went back and looked over Mord's posts. While I agree that (s)he is "antagonistic" and "dismissive," I can't think of a good reason for why scum would expose themselves by vouching for another player (1) on D1, especially when there was minimal non-joke pressure on that player. Both the manner in timing strike me as odd strategy for an anti-town role.

If Mord does have additional information, I can't see how a scum player could be that confident.

You know I'm not scum, because you are.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh no

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

pera I don't mind length, I find it hard you have nothing to add even at this point.

Do as you like but you'll never see me complain about posting or post length. If it really is that unbearable I just won't read it, but then that's on me and not you.

I just find it strange you don't have anything to say. Not only are you the center of the show, but you know, things are happening.

solid, that makes literally one of you. please don't post about your boner, it's awkward

you would think that would be both the case and the way things would measure out for a logical evaluation but no, it is not, it has never been, have you played mafia with these jerk offs before, who are you, what's in the box, why are we still talking about this

I'm really not, and they really aren't.

this is a stickup posted:

day one is really important, and significant, always

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Remember that this is plurality voting. We can (and should) split the vote.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm glad you brought that up, because I agree. we should split the vote, amongst every player, by having every player vote themselves, except me.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Do footnotes upset you, PMom? I know it has been a while since I've broken them out (1), but I am sure that you will agree that my David Wallace Foster (2) style posting has been a boon for the town in games past (3), (4). It isn't a perfect tactic. I know that some have criticized it as unnecessary and obtuse. Still others have pointed out that it can be obtuse (5) or unnecessary (6).

While the record is ultimately mixed, I feel that it has some utility in building cases (7). I can get carried away with the gimmick, but that is a risk for any poster.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Do footnotes upset you, PMom? I know it has been a while since I've broken them out (1), but I am sure that you will agree that my David Wallace Foster (2) style posting has been a boon for the town in games past (3), (4). It isn't a perfect tactic. I know that some have criticized it as unnecessary and obtuse. Still others have pointed out that it can be obtuse (5) or unnecessary (6).

While the record is ultimately mixed, I feel that it has some utility in building cases (7). I can get carried away with the gimmick, but that is a risk for any poster.

ah beans, messed up my own jokes again by failing to preview a post again

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

tbqh, there's no votecount in the op and i legit have no idea who is voting for whom

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (1): QuoProQuid
Diqnol (1): Jeabus Mahogany
100YrsofAttitude (1): Diqnol
Jonathan Fisk (1): Pinterest Mom
Tired Moritz (1): Tired Moritz
peramene (1): this is a stickup
Mordiceius (1): 100YrsofAttitude

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Mordiceius, peramene, Retro Futurist, vector_to

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 20 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

solid, that makes literally one of you. please don't post about your boner, it's awkward

you would think that would be both the case and the way things would measure out for a logical evaluation but no, it is not, it has never been, have you played mafia with these jerk offs before, who are you, what's in the box, why are we still talking about this

I'm really not, and they really aren't.

I dunno why you quoted my post at the end as if it's related to 100yrs calling you out for not posting, but I will quote it again as it is important and correct

this is a stickup posted:

day one is really important, and significant, always

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh man, if we split the vote I get to investigate two people???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

is this true?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

is this true?

Little Mac posted:

Please note that this game will operate under PLURALITY VOTING rules, and as such there will be no days where no one gets the vote. In fact, the Jury can split the vote to have the Judge render TWO verdicts.

Dunno if that's a hard cap

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm going to bed

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ty for the summary, 100yrs.

okay, let's vote for the one with the ugliest avatar

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think we can only split the vote if we pera and the other person tie, seeing as you're allowed only 2 verdicts.

GulagDolls posted:

I'm glad you brought that up, because I agree. we should split the vote, amongst every player, by having every player vote themselves, except me.

I will still genuinely do this. It'd be by far the funniest thing I will ever get to do in a mafia game. And if we still want another go, we can all agree to replay again in a more serious fashion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Personally I think they're bluffing and that they've got nothing. Also the fact that someone is being aggressive shouldn't discount them as scum. While I agree it's safer to keep quiet as scum on D1's that doesn't mean everyone does. You're saying that you don't see them as anti-town, does that mean you see them as pro-town? Because I don't see how anything they've done has been pro-town.

I'm not opposed to going after b-minus, but I can accept the narrative they've presented for now.

I'd say my 3rd choice is pera, partly because we'll benefit from the boon and the fact that she refuses to engage doesn't really make me feel bad about doing it.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm awake

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think we can only split the vote if we pera and the other person tie, seeing as you're allowed only 2 verdicts.

Nothing in the rules says this.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd say my 3rd choice is pera, partly because we'll benefit from the boon

You'll benefit from the boon.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Nothing in the rules says this.

L. Mac specifically wrote two, but that could've been arbitrary. Ninja edit: I'm assuming if it's two it includes the defendant.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

You'll benefit from the boon.

It's good for everyone. That said if pera's town, I'd much rather keep her around then get some silly benefit. I'm personally not wholly convinced.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ninja edit: I'm assuming if it's two it includes the defendant.

This is the point I'm contesting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Which is totally fair, that's my interpretation, but if he includes up to 3-way ties and whatever, the more the merrier. Or maybe it is just the top 2 votes, which maybe means the last 2 to be tied?

It doesn't really feel like an important point to argue.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Which is totally fair, that's my interpretation, but if he includes up to 3-way ties and whatever, the more the merrier. Or maybe it is just the top 2 votes, which maybe means the last 2 to be tied?

It doesn't really feel like an important point to argue.

Well I find the fact that you're trying to invent rules that keep pressure on the defendant suspicious. ##vote 100YrsOfAttitude

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Talk about over-reacting. I'm happy to accept another interpretation of the rules by someone more in the know. The only thing making pera suspicious are her own actions, specifically her lack thereof. The fact that neither of you is making any effort to prove her innocence isn't all that helpful. And I'd love to say that both of you are at least looking at other players, looking for a culpable individual, but that hasn't even been the case. You may act and grandstand as an attorney, but that hardly makes you one.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Talk about over-reacting.

'Sjust a vote dude, you're the one getting paranoid.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like to use italics and exclamation points when I start getting paranoid. I'm sure you'll note the difference, eagle-eye.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
god, why is everyone so paranoid? i thought we were deciding who to investigate

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
let's investigate 100yrs? I don't think there's any problems, unless anyone have another choice? :3c

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nah, 100yrs has No Chill, he's not a great person to investigate. I want to investigate someone hard to read!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we cannot investigate or causwe harm to 100yrs since he has shown himself to be the only non-coward in this town so far.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

we cannot investigate or causwe harm to 100yrs since he has shown himself to be the only non-coward in this town so far.

Pretty sure Tired Moritz voted themselves too.

Pinterest Mom posted:

nah, 100yrs has No Chill, he's not a great person to investigate. I want to investigate someone hard to read!

What's No Chill? And thank you?

I hope to be around for deadline. I'm having friends over tonight and who knows how long they'll stick around for (deadline being midnight for me). I hope to be able to pop in from time to time, get a quick idea where we are, and shoot off an idea or two. But I may not be able to do so. If Mord's not gonna happen I'll be happy to vote b-minus.

If we are being really pragmatic and are gonna investigate a hard to read person I say we choose Gulag or Fisk. I tend to have trouble figuring them out. The added-bonus is once we confirm Gulag as town for everyone, we can just have everyone killed as they've suggested. I also think Mord falls into this category of what the heck is he thinking

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
mmmmm

im starting to feel like 100yrs dodging the chance to be clear'd is a bit strange.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I dont think he wants to see the result of a test of his own alignment, because he knows what his alignment is already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah but if they are town, at least it means people would stop questioning it after all

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

mmmmm

im starting to feel like 100yrs dodging the chance to be clear'd is a bit strange.

It's not that. It just feels very wasteful. We lose a day altogether and nothing's changed. I also think being confirmed town would paint me as target to the scum. If they can't mis-direct people towards me, what good am I to them alive?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah but if they are town, at least it means people would stop questioning it after all

##vote tired moritz

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like it ##vote rf

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly, i just think you're scum.

##vote 100yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

we are friends now

• Locked thread