Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Inhumans? More like poo poo POO MAN.

Pee-yew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ojjeorago posted:

It should be canceled.

If you don't watch, it's like *you* cancelled it.

For instance, I stopped CBS from broadcasting over a decade ago.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Xealot posted:

I stopped CBS from broadcasting over a decade ago.

hosed up if false.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

If you don't watch, it's like *you* cancelled it.

For instance, I stopped CBS from broadcasting over a decade ago.

You failed, they just bought a lovely TV station in my country.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Inhumans to be preempted by the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

Kinda like Heroes Reborn. They said they have no plans for another season, then the series ended with a tease for another season.

They didn't even have a plan for the season which aired.

God that was such a loving trainwreck I couldn't even hate watch it to mock it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can tolerate some pretty terrible TV and even I bailed on Heroes Reborn after the second episode.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
They just released a poster for season 5

Oasx fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 26, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not much to get psyched about in that, is there.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Oasx posted:

New sprinkler system? New plumbing at SHIELD HQ?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Oasx posted:

At least one character will be trapped in an airlock. A character may die in an airlock. My money's on Simmons for maximum pathos.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bruceski posted:

Not much to get psyched about in that, is there.

looks like they're staying in space for a while

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

homullus posted:

At least one character will be trapped in an airlock. A character may die in an airlock. My money's on Simmons for maximum pathos.

It's alright, Fitz can teach her how to recover from brain damage caused by lack of oxygen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So not really surprising, ABC wanted to cancel AoS, but Disney told them no.

https://mcuexchange.com/abc-cancel-agents-shield-disney/

I've been saying since the start, AoS will be on the air for as long as Disney wants it. Maybe they wanted to replace it with Inhumans, but I have a hard time believing the show will do even near AoS's ratings.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I've been saying since the start, AoS will be on the air for as long as Disney wants it. Maybe they wanted to replace it with Inhumans, but I have a hard time believing the show will do even near AoS's ratings.

The article says I won't like this news but I love it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

But... is SHIELD gone?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that article words it in such a way that makes it seem less definite and more just that someone thought about it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

doesn't Disney, like, OWN ABC?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes. Agents of SHIELD is one of those "loss leader" things, Disney knows a TV Marvel presence is good for their bottom line, and overrode ABC.

With Squirrel Girl, Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger coming, AoS might not be as important time around, depending on how everything shakes out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am eagerly awaiting the space suit POV shots

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm psyched for Season 5 but that poster is a bit :effort:

I guess it's just a teaser but it's not exactly clear what they're teasing?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes. Agents of SHIELD is one of those "loss leader" things, Disney knows a TV Marvel presence is good for their bottom line, and overrode ABC.

With Squirrel Girl, Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger coming, AoS might not be as important time around, depending on how everything shakes out.

Well Inhumans sure as gently caress isn't a threat.

Oasx posted:

Jesus this sucks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That unnamed female-led neo-noir show ABC is developing is probably more of a "threat" to AoS than two shows on basic cable, and one on a streaming service, since presumably what Disney is after is a live action Marvel presence on every level of tv: broadcast, cable, and streaming.

I always thought abc missed a trick by not building an entire evening around Marvel (Make Mine Marvel Monday's),but I suppose AoS never quite did well enough to give the abc suits the confidence to go down that path.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Make Mondays Marvel

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

howe_sam posted:

That unnamed female-led neo-noir show ABC is developing is probably more of a "threat" to AoS than two shows on basic cable, and one on a streaming service, since presumably what Disney is after is a live action Marvel presence on every level of tv: broadcast, cable, and streaming.

I always thought abc missed a trick by not building an entire evening around Marvel (Make Mine Marvel Monday's),but I suppose AoS never quite did well enough to give the abc suits the confidence to go down that path.

If we're talking about threats, then what about the new series Fox is going to air soon? I think it was called Gifted or something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

That's what another article I read about it said. ABC wanted to kill SHIELD so it could focus more on Inhumans, Disney told them no. Though this could just be preemptive leaking to establish cause. "Well of course Inhumans was going to suck, Disney kept interfering and wouldn't let ABC focus on making it great."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mraagvpeine posted:

If we're talking about threats, then what about the new series Fox is going to air soon? I think it was called Gifted or something.

Gifted is a coproduction with Fox, so it's not quite the same as a show made by ABC studios.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mraagvpeine posted:

X-Men universe.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I'm psyched for Season 5 but that poster is a bit :effort:

I guess it's just a teaser but it's not exactly clear what they're teasing?

Infinity War will involve SPACE!. GOTG come from SPACE!. Thor & Hulk come back from SPACE!. They'll head to SPACE! to fight Thanos. Hence why AOS will be in SPACE! for Season 5. SPACE!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Infinity War will involve SPACE!. GOTG come from SPACE!. Thor & Hulk come back from SPACE!. They'll head to SPACE! to fight Thanos. Hence why AOS will be in SPACE! for Season 5. SPACE!

This has never been a bad idea and has always worked.:colbert:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The inverse property is also true for when you remove the SPACE element of your SPACE show!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I also would have accepted Gilligan's Island ..... IN SPACE! or Casper the Ghost ... IN SPACE! etc etc

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Oh no, those series sent me down the Wikipedia hole and now I've discovered The Partridge Family...IN SPACE!

I would totally be on board with a renaissance of sending nonSPACE shows to SPACE.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
gently caress, I wanted to include that one but couldn't remember which TV family it was.

Doggles posted:

I would totally be on board with a renaissance of sending nonSPACE shows to SPACE.

Yeah there was a real fad during that late 70s/early 80s of modernizing old TV IPs by transferring them into a space setting. I think Yogi's Space Race (basically Wacky Races in space) might have started the trend in '78. Wacky Races kept reinventing itself every decade or so in an attempt to stay relevant so they kept doing dumb poo poo like this.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 29, 2017

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Where's the gritty modern Galactica 1980 remake?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

A modern series about a crazy advanced space-faring race coming to present-day Earth to have wacky adventures? I have just the show for you!

Marvel's Inhumans :haw:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ojjeorago posted:

Where's the gritty modern Galactica 1980 remake?

I'm sorry, did you black out from rage at the end of the LadyStarbuck reboot?

:devil:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I would totally be down for a BSG sequel series where The Angels Formerly Known As Head Six and Head Baltar are tasked by God to be fairy godparents to the first sentient AI who learned from the internet. "No, T.I.M.M.Y., you do not answer every question with "Heil Hitler Bitch"".

Also here is the first 6 minutes of The Gifted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaNXf75-MDY

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
[quote="“CAPT. Rainbowbeard”" post="“476878418”"]
I’m sorry, did you black out from rage at the end of the LadyStarbuck reboot?

:devil:
[/quote]

No, too busy crying about the President and then laughing at that dumb robot montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inhumans starts tonight, someone make a new thread.

• Locked thread