Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The art book being delayed until 2018 makes me think we won't get the season until 2019 because we can't possibly get two VB products in one year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Gary's character arc is the only reason I stuck it out through season 5, which was meandering and aimless throughout.

Like when Gary squares up against Brock and not only lands a hit but then puts up a better fight than anyone else since Molotov or the buff lady from the jungle, I literally said "ok this was worth it".

Plus it doesn't matter if a character's dead if they are constantly being given new lines and jokes. He was still a constant for a while after he died.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dunno why they just didn't hire ray romano, its not like he was doing anything for a decade after raymond ended

no way those penny-ante operators at Adult Swim are paying scale for a character who doesn't even make the title cards

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
jackson publick: uhh mr romano we were wondering if you might use your raymond voice in our show
ray romano in normal voice: nah that poo poo kills my throat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ever heard Gilbert Gottfried using his normal voice?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I wouldn't be disappointed if the monarch recruited henchmen again (maybe as the blue morpho?) and one of them ended up being 24's brother and sounded like raymond's brother on that show.

You joke but Brad Garett is a somewhat prolific voice actor going back to OG Transformers (doing Trypticon), even doing Lobo in the DCAU. He hasn't done TV voice work in the last while, but if they can provide him enough pay and regular work, I could see him doing some roles on the show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You guys realize the show has like a $500 budget and maybe five regular voice actors right?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

At this point I'm pretty sure Warburton does it for a sixer and a back rub.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Two-Ton 21 is one of my favorite things about this show. I love me some 24 in the early episodes, especially the Dark S Seven maneuver bit, but 21's character arc is just the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwL8ESU97s

Also, his fight with Brock when he "almost had" him is a high water mark with the show for me. Just a great character moment in general for the show.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

raking leaves at the monarch's suburban home is a funny henchman duty that I never really paid attention to

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
As fun as 21 and 24's dynamic was, can we really mourn the loss of that particular pairing on a show where we already have:

- Hank and Dean
- Hank and Dermott
- Doc and Brock/Hatred/Orpheus/Monarch
- Pete and Billy
- Watch and Ward
- Tim-Tom and Kevin
- Red Mantle and Dragoon
- Shore Leave and...just about anybody

Like 75% of the entire series is pairs of men ping-ponging pop culture minutiae and insults back and forth because

Mr. Nice! posted:

You gotta remember that most of this show is just Doc and Jackson sitting around bullshitting with each other.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The DVD commentaries are basically the show unrefined into a script

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

JethroMcB posted:

As fun as 21 and 24's dynamic was, can we really mourn the loss of that particular pairing on a show where we already have:

- Hank and Dean
- Hank and Dermott
- Pete and Billy
- Watch and Ward
- Tim-Tom and Kevin
- Red Mantle and Dragoon

Like 75% of the entire series is pairs of men ping-ponging pop culture minutiae and insults back and forth because

We don't have the moppets anymore. They ded.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

We don't have the moppets anymore. They ded.

They were indeed cut out of the story, with a knife.

They were excised from the narrative... with a knife.

... a bigger knife....

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm glad they died because they were loving annoying.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

seriously

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Conversely I loving love Watch and Ward and I hope they get on the council.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Crazy Ferret posted:

Also, his fight with Brock when he "almost had" him is a high water mark with the show for me. Just a great character moment in general for the show.

He fought like a chubby little tiger. :3:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

tarlibone posted:

They were indeed cut out of the story, with a knife.

They were excised from the narrative... with a knife.

... a bigger knife....

loving KNIFE!

JethroMcB posted:

- Hank and Dean
- Hank and Dermott
- Pete and Billy
- Watch and Ward
- Tim-Tom and Kevin
- Red Mantle and Dragoon

Doe + Cardholder

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

StalkofWheat posted:

Welcome to the Guild Resistance!

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

StalkofWheat posted:

I love the little kids table they sit on.

Cojawfee posted:

Agree. They were just such an odd set of characters for the show. That said, the Monarch scaring them was a great moment.

"Hench has killed Hench. Hence has killed ..."

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

StalkofWheat posted:

"How many Yaz albums do you have on this thing?"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Which is kinda funny because they only have 2.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Cojawfee posted:

Doc said that they deliberately kept writing them in the show because fans kept saying they were annoyed by them to the point where even they got annoyed when they realized they had almost written an entire season without putting the moppets in it. He apparently sent Jackson a text saying "gently caress, we forgot to write the moppets in"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Crazy Ferret posted:

Two-Ton 21 is one of my favorite things about this show. I love me some 24 in the early episodes, especially the Dark S Seven maneuver bit, but 21's character arc is just the best.

OGO

POGO!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

PLESIOSAUR!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

24 died in a car INTENTIONAL

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man I just watched the episode with the monarch and monstroso where he keeps offering the cigar

This show is just so much funnier than anything else on TV

Parkour Lewis
Apr 10, 2002

Yes I wanna play.
I really really do.

Data Graham posted:

Ever heard Gilbert Gottfried using his normal voice?

He did in "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Man I just watched the episode with the monarch and monstroso where he keeps offering the cigar

This show is just so much funnier than anything else on TV

Cigar?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You joke but Brad Garett is a somewhat prolific voice actor going back to OG Transformers (doing Trypticon), even doing Lobo in the DCAU. He hasn't done TV voice work in the last while, but if they can provide him enough pay and regular work, I could see him doing some roles on the show.

I can't hear Lobo as anyone *but* Brad Garrett now.

"Fragged my whole planet for a science project. Gave myself an 'A.'"

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Crazy Ferret posted:

Heh, just realized that in the Monarch's domain "Field Duty" means raking leaves.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

As is always the case, New York Comic Con is coming up in a week and I've got no ideas for costumes, despite compiling a list for the full year*, and I decide that maybe I'll go against that moral code and recycle a costume for once

Then I had a few glasses of scotch and here we are

So uhhhhhhh I guess this is happening?

* just after NYCC last year I came up with the idea of dressing as Brrrrrick Frog but given the current political environment I really really don't want people thinking I'm a nazi dressed as Pepe

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What episode was it where Dr Zinn talks about to avoid a blunderer or whatever?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

The one where they're building the ray shield for gargantua-2 and turn a bunch of college interns into metahumans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoSN7oalIec

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This is our crime robot, we call him CrimeroBot

I've programmed him to only think about crimes!

He's obsessed with it!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think it's St Cloud watching it in "what color is your cleansuit?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think it's St Cloud watching it in "what color is your cleansuit?"

Correct. It's his welcome to the guild video. I posted the clip of it a week or two ago in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Here it is