Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Instead of blue eyes the Fremeth have black and yellow teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Paul Meth'Dealer

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wish I'd read enough Dune to make a Breaking Bad joke here.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

teach me the weirdo way of combat

This is one of those bait and switch sentences that becomes funnier with every word. I can't stop giggling.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I will not do meth.
Meth is the mind-killer.
Meth is the little death that brings total obliteration.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
My immobile rear end be traveling af

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It is by the use of meth that thoughts acquire speed, the skin acquires scabs, the scabs become a warning.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Code Jockey posted:

I can tell this isn't a loss edit because all four panels contain a tragedy

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Paul Meth'Dealer

emptyquoting this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You know, I've had a lot of lovely sexual experiences, but at least my first one was really good.

mods please rename me Inexplicable Humblebrag

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

Geese only attack you because secretly they have a crush on you.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

They're very gandere.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Jukebox Hero posted:

As a guy who likes Devil May Cry, DmC can gently caress off with its stupid, punk-rear end edgy Dante. He chugs whiskey from a bottle and lives in a trailer, he's a piece of poo poo. Classic Dante didn't have 'misery' ingrained into his character design, he liked pizza and kills demons in goofy ways

NeoDante is just this whiny gently caress who doesn't even have powers when you're not controlling him(seriously, in most cutscenes in 'the real world' NeoDante is functionally a normal human, but in the Silent Hill alternate dimension he's stronger than anything else, completely missing the "skilled fighter who is weaker than his enemies" angle for this weird superhero poo poo) and mostly stands around or gets told what to do by his brother or one of the few women the story doesn't kill. She gets beaten up a lot and there's a few rapey moments with her and villains, but she gets off easier than the pregnant woman Dante's brother shoots in the stomach with a rifle, then waits until she starts crying before he shoots her in the head. Our heroes!

The loving mop scene is just such a direct "gently caress you" after the months of the designer posting pictures of Classic Dante edited into Fight Club screenshots to prove how "stupid" the character we thought was cool for the last four games looked. If you haven't seen the loving drama they kicked up when people said their edgy teen punk bitch kid was an edgy teen punk bitch, look it up, it was idiotic how they tried to convince people "No he's totally cool you loving nerds!"

And after all that they just happen to include a joke about how New Dante has COOL HAIR, not like that OLD BITCH, OLD DANTE and yes that's what its about don't be obtuse.

Hellblade is definitely looking to be a step in the right direction but that dev was AMAZINGLY unprofessional. They would write things for Enslaved that made the editors eyes bug out; The peaceful yet scrappy hero, in the original script, at one point kicks a man off a cliff to his death for no reason other than, I quote, "to show he's tough." They're growing up, but DmC was absolutely made by a team of people who would take a cheap shot at the things 'bad' DMC fans liked and were criticizing them over.

I'll take the garlic steak burger and a milkshake, can I get the fries with no salt? My electrolytes are hosed.

Jukebox Hero posted:

He wakes up and starts drinking whiskey straight from the bottle in a dirty, lovely trailer on the docks before a big generic demon attacks and they do a few scenes referencing DMC3. The intro emphasizes that he lives in squalor and has no taste.

DMC3: RealDante almost dances out of the shower in his private residence/business office, answering the phone with a casual yet practiced response: Dante is an expert, he cares about his personal hygiene, and the multiple conscious ways he's a buffoon(when he breaks the jukebox, his love of pizza) demonstrate that his cool posturing and taunting is tempered by actual flaws that are played for both comedy and drama, instead of nondescript angst. And they actually did it on purpose; New Dante chugging whiskey from the bottle is supposed to be cool and not something a seventeen year old at a party does.

I say all this as somebody who thinks that the weapons in DmC were a taint hair away from being cool, those razor boomerangs were awesome even if they were pretty much useless; Across three playthroughs of DmC I never felt like anything but the demon axe you get first was really worth using, especially when you get its multiple ranged attacks that still do full damage....

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Dante is now a smelly carny with a drinking problem who's definition of fun is abortion jokes and saying 'gently caress' a lot."

Have we forgotten "flock off, feather-face?"

I was referencing DMC3 because we were talking about Young Dante, in both old and new flavors, but we can totally contrast smelly hobo Dante's wake up call with the intro of DMC1, a somewhat roughly translated ps2 game from a console generation before DmC, where Dante shrugs off massive amounts of injury including a series trademark impalement, demonstrates huge magical and physical strength, and, again, treats the subject at hand with appropriate levels of seriousness. Dante isn't always a cocky poo poo, he just usually is.

New Dante is like half of the problems in DmC and I have so many words about how they hosed it up you will not even believe it.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Skipped to the end but still liked the joke

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i just moaned like a dying steer

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

idgi

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

"THEY REMADE GAME I LIKED AND I DIDN'T LIKE IT LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HOW I DIDN'T LIKE IT"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The picture is of a save point from the role playing video game Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. The save points in Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa recite quotes from angry posts about video games on the internet.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like I need an almanac and ether to understand this thread sometimes

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

The picture is of a save point from the role playing video game Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. The save points in Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa recite quotes from angry posts about video games on the internet.

All of the save point rants in BSUaJG are real forum posts too.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I feel like I need an almanac and ether to understand this thread sometimes

I think maybe absinthe? Hard to know sometimes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Guy Mann posted:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jz0x5SDGFM

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The idea that there are people out there who haven't played Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden makes me sad. It's a shining light in the darkness and I have faith that Barkley 2 will come out in our lifetimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1cOvZ3nS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Meh, I don't like sports games.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

funmanguy posted:

Wrong answer, sports fan

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

funmanguy posted:

How do you feel about gun's?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

The free cookies at the office are the commons and Im the tragedy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I kind of want to play a game where the hero is carnie trailer trash, though then again we already had No More Heroes, where the protagonist is almost certainly a goon.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I will play Barkley when I am good and drat ready. The more people yell at me to play it, the further it gets pushed down the To Play list. I will get to it when I am ready to, and not before.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I will play Barkley when I am good and drat ready. The more people yell at me to play it, the further it gets pushed down the To Play list. I will get to it when I am ready to, and not before.

dont play it

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It is not a good game.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I tried to play it once and I couldn't get into the combat system.

I did absolutely love the LP of it though so there's that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

nah they're all made up except the last one that complains about the other save points

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dabir posted:

nah they're all made up except the last one that complains about the other save points

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think maybe absinthe? Hard to know sometimes.

Maybe. They say absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Inescapable Duck posted:

I kind of want to play a game where the hero is carnie trailer trash, though then again we already had No More Heroes, where the protagonist is almost certainly a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

/r/relationships: You know what's easier to find than a two bedroom apartment for a sex offender?

Pvt.Scott posted:

An E/N success story?