Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Real hurthling! posted:

You hosed up Get pokken

I wasn't able to find a snes classic so honestly yeah I might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

how are we going to get dragonball z fighters z fighters then?

ZZ Top Dragonball Fighters

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Raserys posted:

I wasn't able to find a snes classic so honestly yeah I might

Pokken is great. It takes a bit of practice, but it's actually really accessible. I recommend it wholeheartedly, haven't regretted it a bit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

For anyone who likes to go physical and lives in the United States, GameStop is doing a B2G1 deal on used games and they're including the Switch. Valid until October 1st.

Ive done this deal before and always end up paying more than getting used games with shipping from the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jade Mage posted:

Pokken is great. It takes a bit of practice, but it's actually really accessible. I recommend it wholeheartedly, haven't regretted it a bit

Every character has a 2-3 button basic combo that you can win with if you play smart. Its a good game and the online is full of opponents rn.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pokken also has an amazing training mode that teaches you everything you'd want to know.

I haven't bought it again on Switch yet. Does the game have any graphical enhancements? It looked a bit rough at times on Wii U.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It looks good but idk.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Never played the Wii U version, but I really like the graphics and animation style of scizor at the very least

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Facetious posted:

ZZ Top Dragonball Fighters

Everyone's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed saiyan.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Policenaut posted:

For anyone who likes to go physical and lives in the United States, GameStop is doing a B2G1 deal on used games and they're including the Switch. Valid until October 1st.

Too bad they don't have Mario + Rabbids online, and the closest store to me that has a used copy is 1hr 20 min away. Otherwise I would get that + Splatoon2 + some other expensive game like Disgea5 or the like.... or at least get Zelda or MK8 and sell it on eBay for $40 or whatever.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Holy smokes I was tempted to ask for Steamworld Dig 2 on this and man, Nintendo just flat out doesn't do online gifts? What the hell.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

woop woop i got mario xcom and a snes mini

this nintendo life! oh man

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Holy smokes I was tempted to ask for Steamworld Dig 2 on this and man, Nintendo just flat out doesn't do online gifts? What the hell.

Nintendo still doesn't "get" the Internet yet. But to be fair, I don't think you can gift games on the PS4 either.

If you really want to, you can just give a eShop card code to someone and ask them to buy it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can't you buy a code off the Nintendo website store and then send that to a friend or does that automatically purchase it for your account?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/EpkA2MPgmAg

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

To think we and so many other people were worried (or hoping in the case of some people*) the Switch was going to fail right out of the gate.

*Man remember this was a huge Switch sentiment?

Late quote, but eh... That video and presumably channel is absolute cancer. As soon as he opened with a gimmicky canned catchphrase of "greetings and salutations" I knew anything past that would be total trash-fluff-filler material where the host drones on endlessly with neverending conjecture and idiotic hot takes.

:murder: Games "journalism" please. Opinions presented as objective news? That's lazy, uncreative soul-sucking garbage. Editorializing can be cool, but there needs have some modicum of self-awareness for it to be effective. Also please make it actually interesting to watch or read instead of incessantly prattling on.

fake edit: these opinions and impressions are solely based off of the first five seconds or so of that video. Literally the last complete word I recall was 'Tokyo'. I got the gist, and that dude objectively sucks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Colin Moriarty is a turd and I'm glad he got flushed.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Colin Moriarty, he was great in Who's Line Is It Anyway?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dizz posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Colin Moriarty, he was great in Who's Line Is It Anyway?

I hate this post on so many levels.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

:yeah:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

KingSlime posted:

it's totally worth $15 for what it's worth

it's exactly what it promises to be on the tin: a golf/rpg hybrid that plays well and is fun, has a meaty amount of content and sharp pixel graphics if you're into that (I am), and is really charming, nothin more n nothin less

Yea same. I don't "hate" indies but I sure as poo poo don't bother with 99% of them. What I saw of Golf Story was enough to take a chance on it, and I've been wanting a Mario Golf like game on Switch anyway. Well worth $15.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Imagined posted:

To me it just makes it look like an Android game made in RPGMaker. Not saying it is and it's a fun game, but that's what that mix of pixel art and razor sharp HD text and menus signals to me.

I agree, it rubs me the wrong way when crunchy old low res pixels and much higher res stuff gets mixed in. Pick one and stick with it.

The game is amazing and great though!

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
The original mario bros on Switch is $8.

They released super street fighter 2 on the switch at $40 that game is 297 years old. One Two Switch possibly the most disliked and under performing game ever released is still $40.

Nintendo don't care about you sale watchers.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
How common were sales on the WiiU store?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

This reminds me, I was just wondering recently whatever happened with that thing where Nintendo bought into stuff for screens with holes in them or whatever it was. I never even saw the fake NX, just remember people whining about it and didn't care enough to look.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

[quote="“Rufio”" post="“476915852”"]
[/quote]

Nintendo's eShop sales are almost always garbage, nothing like PSN/XBL sales where you often see 50+% off. This sort of excludes third party titles; for example, many of Atlus' games on 3DS were often 50% off or more once they'd been out long enough. Of course, the Wii U wasn't the 3DS when it came to third party offerings.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rufio posted:

Very common but nobody bought Wii U games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm still surprised that there was a Humble Bundle with WiiU and 3DS games at all. For the PAL eShops, no less.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Viewtiful Jew posted:

To think we and so many other people were worried (or hoping in the case of some people*) the Switch was going to fail right out of the gate.

*Man remember this was a huge Switch sentiment?

fwiw I still am worried. Nintendo is shaping up to have a good first year, but the worry for Switch (for me, anyways) has always been if they can keep up momentum. And it's not easy to believe they'll have as strong software sales when we know only so little of 2018's releases and it doesn't look to replicate all the strong releases this year.

At least Doom port has me hopeful that 3rd parties might actually consider giving Switch a shot now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A new Mario Kart would be nice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ventana posted:

fwiw I still am worried. Nintendo is shaping up to have a good first year, but the worry for Switch (for me, anyways) has always been if they can keep up momentum. And it's not easy to believe they'll have as strong software sales when we know only so little of 2018's releases and it doesn't look to replicate all the strong releases this year.

At least Doom port has me hopeful that 3rd parties might actually consider giving Switch a shot now.

Given the console sales since launch, you might see a downturn in new releases for a few months or so but that's only from companies getting caught short from waiting to see how the Switch did, and now working to get something out on the new machine that's turned out to sell obscenely well.

DOOM and Wolfenstein II in of themselves are also excellent marketing opportunities just by existing; "Look at what the new, portable, Nintendo machine can run". Even if it doesn't have obscenely top-end graphics, that's still pretty impressive for a handheld device.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

A new Mario Kart would be nice.

How would they top MK8, a lot of people really liked double dash... maybe like that?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maybe make Double Dash a mode so I can avoid that trash fire like the plague and people who love consuming garbage can have their toxic cake.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ventana posted:

Pokemon might be next year. That would be a pretty big deal. And they already announced Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem. Throw in a Smash port, maybe Animal Crossing and/or Switch Fit, and that's a real good year.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo still doesn't "get" the Internet yet. But to be fair, I don't think you can gift games on the PS4 either.

If you really want to, you can just give a eShop card code to someone and ask them to buy it.

Couldn't you gift games on the Wii though?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pokemon might be next year. That would be a pretty big deal. And they already announced Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem. Throw in a Smash port, maybe Animal Crossing and/or Switch Fit, and that's a real good year.

Don't forget Octopath Traveller and a Shin Megami Tensei game. I'd be a bit iffy on Pokemon getting out the door next year though, as they've had nothing to show for it yet and it'll be a pretty big game to put together from the ground up. That's not even including whether or not they go heavy on story and post-game content. Maybe around Christmas at the earliest, I'd say.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Mario coming up soon fellers, what are you worrying about

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Guy Goodbody posted:

We've had no signs of Animal Crossing beyond the mobile game so I thought they were focusing on that first. Smash port existing is still up in the air so we can only guess. I seriously doubt there'll be another [NIntendo] Fit game after the low sales of Wii U Fit. Of the rest, Pokemon is a strong seller but none of the rest I think would compare to Odyssey + Botw + Mario Kart + Splatoon 2 sales.

Keep in mind I'm only talking sales, not quality. I'm fine with the Switch quality as is, but it does look to me like Nintendo got a lot of their early strong sellers out and we don't know what things yet they'll bring out to switch. And because it's Nintendo, we can't really predict what exactly they'll do and just have to wait until they tell us.

Kurtofan posted:

Mario coming up soon fellers, what are you worrying about

All of this is about 2018 and beyond, not this year

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I'm worried the hat possessed Mario the same way it possesses everything it touches. You are playing the game as possessed Mario up until the end when the hat gets what it wants and turns on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pokemon probably will be 2019, Sun and Moon were only last year and there tends to be 3-4 years between major new Pokemon games.

• Locked thread