Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Can we record like Sasha did our deer hunt so we can

Attempt to call the cops, start recording, confront the gangers with said recording, defend ourself if necessary (hopefully they flee like the cowards they are) defend as in stall for time until cops show, then heal the victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Newcastle Brown Ale, I'm northern English, so bitters and ales are my poo poo (as well as mead). Just... please, for the love of all that is holy never drink a Newkie once it's hit room temperature.

I too am going to be heartbroken when this is over. I'm down with not switching because I've become rather attached to our scruffy little protagonist and her fantastic journey to friendship and adulthood. That's not to say additional stories from the POVs of other characters in the setting, perhaps in the future as extra CYOAs or miniCYOAs would not be welcome. It very much would.

Reading new post now.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Toughy posted:

Attempt to call the cops, start recording, confront the gangers with said recording, defend ourself if necessary (hopefully they flee like the cowards they are) defend as in stall for time until cops show, then heal the victim.

Can't heal a corpse. Also, I doubt we're technically literate enough to make a recording, if we even have something with a camera (do our goggles?).

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If we can easily start recording video, do it. If we can't, we shouldn't waste time trying to figure it out when there's a life on the line.

Stealth up and target the two true believers first, because they're blooded (thankfully not Blooded or we'd be hosed :v: ), ergo more directly dangerous. They will be armed, but they don't have their weapons drawn and we have the element of surprise. Target balls, heads and knees for maximum incapacitation. Do not hold back, ruptured testicles and broken bones are entirely valid options. The nugget will likely flake out once the two egging him on have gone down..

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Hexenritter posted:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Newcastle Brown Ale, I'm northern English, so bitters and ales are my poo poo (as well as mead). Just... please, for the love of all that is holy never drink a Newkie once it's hit room temperature.

I too am going to be heartbroken when this is over. I'm down with not switching because I've become rather attached to our scruffy little protagonist and her fantastic journey to friendship and adulthood. That's not to say additional stories from the POVs of other characters in the setting, perhaps in the future as extra CYOAs or miniCYOAs would not be welcome. It very much would.

Reading new post now.

You know, I think once the second act starts I'll write some short stories from the perspective of some of our favorite characters. I think that would sound like fun. I could do it at the start of each act to continue the trend like way back at the very beginning when we were choosing.

Toughy posted:

This is absolutely possible to do as well. However with the uneducated quality she has a hard time working with technology that anyone else could just turn on. In this case she'd have to roll a logic + computer roll. She doesn't have the computer skill so she'll have to default which means she needs a 5 or a 6 (a hit) on a one die test and if she rolls a 1 she critically glitches which is bad news for her in some way. She just needs a single hit so I may roll edge on this, but she can still not get a hit even with five dice but her chances of critically glitching goes down significantly.

Her intimidation skill is actually pretty good though, but she'll have penalties for making three bangers back down from a fight even if one is just peewee league. She'd need three hits on six dice (Charisma 4 + Intimidation 4 - 2 (one for each after the first)). Again, we can roll edge for 10 dice total (6 from the normal adjusted roll and + edge 4) which is possible to make them back down, but if we fail we lose the element of surprise and they'd really want her commlink which means it's 3 on 1 time or she has to run away. The guy may get spared though because if he dies and they're on camera it's bad news for him.

Normally her notoriety would give her an extra die, but she's not known here. Street cred and notoriety only apply if people know you. To them she's just a young girl in leather clothing with a staff.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 30, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly that's a lot of potential points of failure. I think it'd be more in-character for Fuzzy to take immediate action, even if her lethal instincts have been softened lately. Even if this isn't the objectively correct option.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I'm going to wait for another hour before posting. I want to give more people a chance to :getin: , but I'm chomping at the bit to write. So I'm going to write a little about some history and start at six.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Would it change the math significantly if we sneaked up, got a surprise hit in on one of the two bangers and tried to intimidate the other two from there?
A solid hit to the balls plus the new guy bailing might turn this from a 3v1 into a 1v1, which is a ton easier.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I'd rather not blow our element of surprise to try talking (or yelling, or whatever). If we're sneaky enough, we can land two hits and drop the two true believers with a quarterstaff to the balls or whatever before they even get a chance to react, and then the new guy can either run away or try and take us on. But focusing on just one dude and giving the other two time to get their bearings seems really dangerous.

Also, yeah, trying to film them and threaten them with the video seems like a whole bunch of rolls that could go wrong, I'd rather leverage our good sneakiness to get in a free whack or two. Besides, they're Humanis scumfucks, they deserve their teeth kicked in.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 30, 2017

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

I'd rather not blow our element of surprise to try talking (or yelling, or whatever). If we're sneaky enough, we can land two hits and drop the two true believers with a quarterstaff to the balls or whatever before they even get a chance to react, and then the new guy can either run away or try and take us on. But focusing on just one dude and giving the other two time to get their bearings seems really dangerous.

Also, yeah, trying to film them and threaten them with the video seems like a whole bunch of rolls that could go wrong, I'd rather leverage our good sneakiness to get in a free whack or two. Besides, they're Humanis scumfucks, they deserve their teeth kicked in.

Where do you get the second surprise attack from?

Ice Phisherman posted:

She can either sneak and get a surprise attack or run up on them and try to overrun them.

I figure we should use our surprise attack to get one of them as close to knocked out as possible and then follow that up with some intimidation, I doubt we can take both guys out in the surprise round.

I agree though that trying to record sounds like a bad idea considering our stats.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

quote:

she's fast and if she gets the drop on them she can attack twice.

I dunno if we'll roll well enough to get two, but apparently it's possible. Also, even if we just get the one dude, we should at the bare minimum keep up the momentum and get the other Human Nation guy before trying to intimidate the new guy.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Seattle Nazis are not new. Shadowrun really is a creation of the 80's. It's a look at what people thought the future was going to be in the 80's and as it's from the punk genre it has influences from stuff like punk music. Back in the late 70's but especially 80's punk was beginning to form. Music was one of the few good things to happen in the 80's, because Shadowrun really reflected the fears of the times. Influence from business, foreign competitors eating our lunch (especially the Japanese), racial tensions weren't all that great and the neo-Nazi movement was finding a friend in Nazi punk. More on that in a moment.

It's hard to pin down punk music, but the punk literary genre tends to focus on the political, the corrupt and social upheaval, often violent. I find punk as a literary genre to be incredibly relevant to today. Cyberpunk which we're focusing on tends to focus on the high tech low life. People rebelling against a wildly corrupt and oppressive system. Corporations and governments use technology not to uplift, but to suppress and the high tech low life uses the devil's tools against them. Normally these would be shadowrunners, but I think that we've sort of lost the plot by only for working for Mr. Johnson and not working for the people. Punching upwards, doing more damage to yourself to damage the powerful that is, to me is what Shadowrun should be about. At the same time if it didn't pioneer urban fantasy, mixing today with Tolkien or World of Darkness or Dresden Files helps distance ourselves enough from real social problems in a way that can be respectful. People like Bill Gates aren't people, but dragons and in myth we slay them. It's not violence between different skin colors, but people with pointy ears, short statures or tusks against everyday humans. Dropping an N bomb can absolutely gently caress up a tabletop game or story in a heartbeat. Racial epithets are incredibly charged and that's a story that personally I don't think I have the right to tell, especially in fiction. It requires a delicate touch that I don't think I could approach without acting like a racist. Calling a troll a trog or an elf a dandelion eater or a dwarf a stuntie evokes those feelings without evoking the years of racial violence and history. There is space to address the problem because we can talk about it by giving it distance and because we have distance from the topic of race we can talk about it honestly. Also I don't think I'd want to read something about human racial problems right now. Too real too raw too now. Orks and trolls and dwarfs and elves though? Totally can.

The punk music scene if I had to describe it is making the ugly beautiful. It celebrates individualism and despises trendiness. It's about giving a middle finger to poo poo like talent in favor of evoking raw feeling. To being honest to the point of brutality.

Those are broad strokes though because just like any music genre there are tons of subgenres and poo poo just may not apply.

Nazi punk subverts all of that. They take the punk aesthetic and drown it in fascism. You all probably knew that one cowardly, violent, exploitative, racist piece of poo poo back in school that everyone despised. Basically sociopath losers who only had the color of their skin going for them. Not all of them started this way, but you create a culture and you can twist a person's anger into another cowardly, violent, exploitative, racist trash animal. Nazi punk attracts these people like flies to a turd. That guy everyone hated? Imagine ten of them all in a group looking to beat on the weak. Now imagine a hundred in a concert hall. They're incredibly destructive and once they hit a critical mass they flow out into society like a plague and gently caress everything up. The punk community is often the vanguard of beating these people and their bands back into their Nazi holes and it's when they're tolerated that you get Nazis in otherwise liberal towns like Seattle or San Francisco.

That's basically what Humanis is. In the story they're losers that went legit and of course now having bought into the system they've begun to win. They're no longer against people, they're for something. They're not against other races, they're pro police. They're not against youth culture, they're pro family values. They're no longer about cracking heads with bats and beating on the weak. They're pro order. It's all code. But the recruiting ground never goes away so once these shitheels get power they keep their hateful breeding grounds alive and run interference for them. The 80's was lousy with these groups. After all it was the era of Reagan and hate groups use conservatives as human shields while conservatives tolerate them. I've felt this way for a long time having been a big fan of stuff like Shadowrun. Before they were just Nazis and of course you beat up Nazis. You shot Nazis in video games. They became comical. Zombie Nazis. Anime Nazis. Even diaper furry Nazis. poo poo like that.

In an odd twist of fate my views went from widely accepted to political without me moving much. These are just the times we live in I guess.

In short, my views weren't political. Instead, politics came to my views. Shadowrun is punk as gently caress and even when the Nazis went away from the spotlight, they never fully went away from the punk community. And don't even get me started on metal. I really do hope I haven't put you fine folks off by talking politics, but Shadowrun was created so we can address real problems at a respectful distance.

Also occasionally be a pink mohawk troll on a fat boy chopper firing a cyber rotary grenade launcher, because hey, who doesn't want to have fun?

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 30, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I agree with the surprise attack, but once they are aware of us after backstabbing one of the gang members we should intimidate the poo poo out of them.

We are a young girl dressed in loving rat leather with multiple knives. We have seen some poo poo in the barrens so we imitate some of that. We should be giggling maniacally and ask if they could spare some blood for our tea party or something that would throw off any normal person.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

sheep-dodger posted:

Where do you get the second surprise attack from?

It's part of the system's initiative mechanic. It means digging into the rules. Let's just say Fuzzy is fast and she almost always gets two attacks or actions per round and in very rare occasions she gets three.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We are a young girl dressed in loving rat leather with multiple knives. We have seen some poo poo in the barrens so we imitate some of that. We should be giggling maniacally and ask if they could spare some blood for our tea party or something that would throw off any normal person.

When you say it like that, it makes me happy to say that Fuzzy has fully embraced the punk nature of this game and it's due in large part to the choices of the thread.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, whatever the specifics are, I definitely want to save that ork and watch these Magical Nazis to get their asses kicked by a 15 year old girl with a bad haircut, not some corporate cops. The "act insane" plan sounds pretty good, actually.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

I dunno if we'll roll well enough to get two, but apparently it's possible. Also, even if we just get the one dude, we should at the bare minimum keep up the momentum and get the other Human Nation guy before trying to intimidate the new guy.

Ah, skipped over that then. My suggestion definitely wasn't intended to mean that we would stop at one attack if we get two, rather to focus our assault on one guy, then try to intimidate and hopefully only have a 1v1 to mop up.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I agree with the surprise attack, but once they are aware of us after backstabbing one of the gang members we should intimidate the poo poo out of them.

I totally dig this.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Ice Phisherman posted:

Cyberpunk which we're focusing on tends to focus on the high tech low life. People rebelling against a wildly corrupt and oppressive system. Corporations and governments use technology not to uplift, but to suppress and the high tech low life uses the devil's tools against them. Normally these would be shadowrunners, but I think that we've sort of lost the plot by only for working for Mr. Johnson and not working for the people. Punching upwards, doing more damage to yourself to damage the powerful that is, to me is what Shadowrun should be about.

(Sorry if this ends up being a triple post, phone posting is making this more difficult than it should be)
You know, one campaign theme I would really like to run at some point would be to have the players be a group of anti corporate terrorists that are driven by the desire to tear down the corporate power monopoly. I think it would be a fun experiment to explore what kind of ideology they would develop and how it would fit into the SR world. I'd imagine it would be about bringing back states as the principal actors and restore popular rule, but how could they try to accomplish this, how would they be utilized by other corps to get them to target their rivals, would the corps permit them to actually have much of a real effect even on one city as that would expose how lovely their system is etc.
I'd imagine that if the players were successful then at some point they would transition to a system where they administer the new city state and only occasionally take action themselves and have to deal with more geopolitics, like trying to avoid being completely embargoed by the megacorps, finding allies of opportunity and trying to shift opinions abroad about them.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Hexenritter posted:

Reading new post now.

Having once been desperately poor and a bit of a hard case I will drink anything alcohol at any temperature. I have preferences, but years of privation gave me an iron stomach.

As for CYOA's beyond this depending on interest and my level of burnout I may do a second year a bit down the road. I'm actually recovering from an injury right now so I have a ton of free time right now.

Been an hour. Writing time.

sheep-dodger posted:

(Sorry if this ends up being a triple post, phone posting is making this more difficult than it should be)
You know, one campaign theme I would really like to run at some point would be to have the players be a group of anti corporate terrorists that are driven by the desire to tear down the corporate power monopoly. I think it would be a fun experiment to explore what kind of ideology they would develop and how it would fit into the SR world. I'd imagine it would be about bringing back states as the principal actors and restore popular rule, but how could they try to accomplish this, how would they be utilized by other corps to get them to target their rivals, would the corps permit them to actually have much of a real effect even on one city as that would expose how lovely their system is etc.
I'd imagine that if the players were successful then at some point they would transition to a system where they administer the new city state and only occasionally take action themselves and have to deal with more geopolitics, like trying to avoid being completely embargoed by the megacorps, finding allies of opportunity and trying to shift opinions abroad about them.

You say corporate terrorist, I say activist. Depends on the methods. If were to write that I would want to keep it light hearted and fun and mostly non-violent. Not go deep on anti-branding (another name for corporate terrorism) because that poo poo can get dark quick.

That seems pretty high level stuff for me though. I want to keep the story grounded at least a little. Power creep ruins stories because a story can become too big to connect to. One of my favorite movies, Wreck-it-Ralph, was just about a video game character fighting in an old rear end arcade. Crazy low stakes to the viewer but all or nothing stakes to Ralph. I like keeping stuff low stakes, or at least if it gets high stakes making what we're fighting for deeply personal so we never abandon that connection.

I'm not saying it couldn't be fun to read if done well, but I don't think I could do that well. My specialty is with interpersonal conflict. If you want a book that does this sort of thing well I suggest reading something like "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress".

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 30, 2017

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Just gonna put this out there - Nazis are regrettably people too. They don't want to die, and most aren't hardcore enough to seriously risk it. Stab one and he'll probably bolt - and the others will probably scatter too.

Some fights are to the death, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get the gently caress out of dodge the second it looks like they might no longer be in complete control of the situation.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

jagadaishio posted:

Just gonna put this out there - Nazis are regrettably people too. They don't want to die, and most aren't hardcore enough to seriously risk it. Stab one and he'll probably bolt - and the others will probably scatter too.

Some fights are to the death, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get the gently caress out of dodge the second it looks like they might no longer be in complete control of the situation.

The rolls could go that way. And yup, still people. I'd 100% want to get people out of the life than beat them down. However, Fuzzy is going into this with non-lethal force. So let's see what happens.

After checking the thread I like the idea of being sneaking, whacking the poo poo out of some guys and then seeing if she can scare them. It's a dark alley after all.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Ice Phisherman posted:

That seems pretty high level stuff for me though. I want to keep the story grounded at least a little. Power creep ruins stories because a story can become too big to connect to. One of my favorite movies, Wreck-it-Ralph, was just about a video game character fighting in an old rear end arcade. Crazy low stakes to the viewer but all or nothing stakes to Ralph. I like keeping stuff low stakes, or at least if it gets high stakes making what we're fighting for deeply personal so we never abandon that connection.
You know, that's a good point, maybe in order to keep it more grounded you'd start out with introducing a neighborhood in one of the sprawls and make it about cleaning it up, getting rid of the gang bangers, drug pushers etc, that would probably inevitably bring you into conflict with the corporations that supply them or profit from their existence so that you could slowly up the ante while still having the neighborhood and its residents as a way to bring it back down to earth after higher stakes action. So in the end you might get more powerful, but the motivation is still to keep your friends save, make sure the old lady next door gets her insulin regularly and people are able to walk the streets at night.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Sounds kinda like Scrap Iron Man.

Also, if you're looking for a darker, grittier cyberpunk take that may or may not involve crusading against global capitalism at great personal expense, come check out this interesting new CYOA.

E: Oh you're not only already posting in that thread, but I quoted you as my first vote :downs: I still recommend it to everyone else, though.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 30, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Ice Phisherman posted:

“A restaurant full of spirits,” Sasha said, mysteriously. “I mean, we could go the aquarium, but we’d have to get suited up to be in the tank. You don’t even have to swim or get wet this way,” said Sasha. “Plus they serve awakened fish here prepared Salish style. Also these kelp pickle chips that I absolutely love.”

Man, this restaurant sounds awesome, also, very niche. Is there a large enough population of people who can perceive the astral to support a place like this?

Also, awakened fish? Does that mean its more sentient than normal fish? Is that like, eating dolphin?

Ice Phisherman posted:

CYOA Time

First combat of the game. Here are the stakes and situation:

Send a SOS message to Sasha. "Need Duncan and Beef, NOW. Track my location."

Then staff take down Rider, then start in on the 'Big Man.

Toughy posted:

Like this idea.

Ice Phisherman posted:

You know, I think once the second act starts I'll write some short stories from the perspective of some of our favorite characters. I think that would sound like fun. I could do it at the start of each act to continue the trend like way back at the very beginning when we were choosing.

Sounds good, any additional story from you would be welcome! :)

Hexenritter posted:

I'm down with not switching because I've become rather attached to our scruffy little protagonist and her fantastic journey to friendship and adulthood. That's not to say additional stories from the POVs of other characters in the setting, perhaps in the future as extra CYOAs or miniCYOAs would not be welcome. It very much would.

I disagree. Yes, Fuzzy is getting as comfortable as an old shoe, and I think that might make us complacent. I do want to switch perspectives, as it keeps the story fresh and honest. We don't want to keep playing favorites with our darling little barbarian.

Ice Phisherman posted:

They're no longer against people, they're for something. They're not against other races, they're pro police. They're not against youth culture, they're pro family values. They're no longer about cracking heads with bats and beating on the weak. They're pro order. It's all code. But the recruiting ground never goes away so once these shitheels get power they keep their hateful breeding grounds alive and run interference for them.

This hits faaar too close to home right now to be fantasy. It genuinely makes me despair if I dwell too much on it, and I distract myself with silly internet games.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Been an hour. Writing time.

Man, missed the cut-off.

Ice Phisherman posted:

I'm actually recovering from an injury right now so I have a ton of free time right now.

Are you okay?

sheep-dodger posted:

You know, that's a good point, maybe in order to keep it more grounded you'd start out with introducing a neighborhood in one of the sprawls and make it about cleaning it up, getting rid of the gang bangers, drug pushers etc, that would probably inevitably bring you into conflict with the corporations that supply them or profit from their existence so that you could slowly up the ante while still having the neighborhood and its residents as a way to bring it back down to earth after higher stakes action.

I can dig it. Maybe add Julie to the mix and we help establish a safe Ork neighborhood outside of the underground?

Crazycryodude posted:

E: Oh you're not only already posting in that thread, but I quoted you as my first vote :downs: I still recommend it to everyone else, though.

e: Thanks for the tip! :)Nevermind, we're already playing in it.:)

CourValant fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 1, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

I disagree. Yes, Fuzzy is getting as comfortable as an old shoe, and I think that might make us complacent. I do want to switch perspectives, as it keeps the story fresh and honest. We don't want to keep playing favorites with our darling little barbarian.

Barbarian she may be, but she's our barbarian. Also, Barbarian happens to be my IRL nickname and has been since my late teens so you calling her that just makes her all the more endearing to me :v:

I'm honestly good either way. More story is more story and IP's writing is, to me, like China white to a smackhead, so I wouldn't feel let down or upset if we did switch. I'm in this for the long haul and you're not getting rid of me :colbert:

quote:

This hits faaar too close to home right now to be fantasy. It genuinely makes me despair if I dwell too much on it, and I distract myself with silly internet games.

Spacemom is a strong independent black woman and she don't need no man, but don't you dare come between her and Candy Crush.

Don't worry, we're all trog-loving knife-ear fuckers around here so it's a safe space :)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

Barbarian she may be, but she's our barbarian. Also, Barbarian happens to be my IRL nickname and has been since my late teens so you calling her that just makes her all the more endearing to me :v:

I did call her our darling little barbarian. :)

How long have you identified with being a 15 year old little girl?

Hexenritter posted:

I'm honestly good either way. More story is more story and IP's writing is, to me, like China white to a smackhead, so I wouldn't feel let down or upset if we did switch.

Likewise.

Hexenritter posted:

I'm in this for the long haul and you're not getting rid of me :colbert:

Well, if cream and honey in your tea didn't put you off, I suppose I am stuck with you. :colbert:

Hexenritter posted:

Spacemom is a strong independent black woman and she don't need no man, but don't you dare come between her and Candy Crush.

Ya caught me! :)

To be fair, she's having 'Candy Crush' against her will; Shuttle-Mom isn't one to chase the sugar.

Hexenritter posted:

Don't worry, we're all trog-loving knife-ear fuckers around here so it's a safe space :)

Knife-ears are pretty. :ninja:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

How long have you identified with being a 15 year old little girl?

if my intermittent moodswings and petulance are any indication, a very long time :D

quote:

To be fair, she's having 'Candy Crush' against her will; Shuttle-Mom isn't one to chase the sugar.

I am now reading 'Candy Crush" as a euphemism for public group coital gymnastics at a wedding

quote:

Knife-ears are pretty. :ninja:

Yes they are.

Speaking of elves, the last Shadowrun character I got to play tabletop before our group drifted apart due to real life (and me moving to another continent) was a dark elf street samurai with a fondness for wrist-blades and a Panther assault cannon. He was the twin to another runner in our group. The (female) twin went out and paid for a male prostitute, who turned out to have HMHVV. Next thing you know, his sister's a vampire. Seeing the tactical advantage in this, he accepts the bite too. I'm not sure on the rules for vampirism in Shadowrun but he kept all his cyberware and could mist-form anything he carried. So, during a night-time raid on an Aztechnology compound that was building a battlemech prototype, he mist-formed up into a guard tower WITH the aforementioned assault cannon and depopulated the compound pretty much single-handedly.

At the time I was surprised at how powerful the character became because our GM was always one to respond poorly to attempts at powergaming, and the player of my character's twin loved pushing boundaries in that regard.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Fuzzy, Dave and Rider – August 24th – Saturday - Afternoon – Near downtown Tacoma in an alleyway

Fuzzy the scrounger, Fuzzy the huntress, Fuzzy the SINless barrens urchin would’ve just left this man to die. The old her would’ve viewed this in another light. He was weak, they were strong and risking injury to herself could mean death out in the barrens. However something tore at her heart when she thought about leaving him and the cries of the man made her touch her spear knife. She knew that this could go badly if she lost, but if she walked away she didn’t know if she could live with herself. She wasn’t that old Fuzzy anymore. She was new. She could read. She could cast magic. She could heal the injured. She had friends and they were friends she would have to look in the eye if she left this man to die. She didn’t want to disappoint them and she didn’t want to disappoint herself. There was no time to wait and call for help. There was only time for action. She had the power to change things. Not a lot, but far more than before. These men were busy beating on the weak. They didn’t look like they wore any armor beyond their coat. Only one had his weapon out and it was dark. She could get the drop on them. Fuzzy would be in her element and so she formulated a plan as she silently crept forward.

She pawed furiously at her AR goggles and in a stroke of luck she saw a word flash in the middle of her screen in red. She hoped that meant she was recording this because she only saw it blink twice and she still needed time and concentration to read. Time was something she did not have. Concentration was something she’d already committed to her hunt. She touched her spear knife and brought it to her hand. At first she defaulted back to the huntress and it silently formed into a spear. However she remembered what Marco said about the police, about why people weren’t usually armed or even knew how to fight, about jail and his strange idea Marco had about pass a fistem. With another touch to the spear it became a staff. She didn’t want to kill if she didn’t have to. They were not innocent deer, but a living creature cannot be brought back to life whereas a stunned one can be made dead later. No, she thought. She was not a pass a fist, but she would not kill unless she absolutely had to.

She felt the weight of the staff subtly change as the tip of the spear slid into the staff and made it more compact. She felt herself become one with the spear and silently approved of this and shifted her grip ever so slightly. Before on the beach she hadn’t noticed, but she knew how the hunt would sharpen her focus. Her heart pounded and her blood sang as she readied herself to leap at the men.

“Maybe I take an ear. I think it’d improve his looks,” Rider joked, darkly.

“How about you just kill his rear end instead of talking about it?” snapped the big one.

“Yeah, cut his trog throat, Rider. Kill his rear end,” said the smaller, his voice excited.

“Do it. Do it now,” ordered big.

“loving do it. I want to see him bleed so bad…” begged little.

“Please no…Please…I have a wife and children. Please…” wept the man.

“How about…” started big.

What he was going to say was lost. She drove the staff up and into his groin from behind. It was a quick strike that buckled his knees. It was dirty, but dirty is effective. He could do nothing but groan and Fuzzy hit him in the head with a second sweeping strike which knocked him to the ground.

The little and Rider scrambled back. Little reached for something, but was fumbling backwards. Rider rounded on her, but was slow. From the look in his eyes, it seemed that the little man was a coward, but Rider was prepared to fight. She wasn’t sure about this, but magic was something many were both terrified of and didn’t understand. She was awakened and barely understood her power herself, but she knew its reputation as one to inspire terror even when she lived in the barrens. She pulled her staff into one hand and thrust her open palm forward. She charged her heal spell and her hand began to glow white in the dark.

“Run away or face me,” she snarled.

Little’s movement backwards became a run and he stopped reaching.

“gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress, maaaage!” screamed little.

Life has a sense of humor it seemed. He turned around to sprint but hit a dumpster at full force with a hollow clang. He winded himself and his aborted sprint knocked him to the ground. Fuzzy leveled her glowing hand on Rider.

“And you, Rider? I know your name. Stay and bleed,” growled Fuzzy.

Rider hesitated at the show of force. He took a step back and then another. Fuzzy advanced with him so he couldn’t pull a gun before she could strike him. He swore, dropped his knife and ran away. He abandoned the men whose gang he wanted to join. However he may come back with friends and so she had to work fast. She wasn’t done.

“gently caress you, bitch,” gasped little.

The smaller man in the leather jacket struggled to get to his feet, but he’d hurt himself too badly on the dumpster.

“We’ll loving get you,” he swore.

“You got your rear end kicked by a fifteen year old girl,” mocked Fuzzy, “I somehow doubt it.”

She almost hit him with her staff, but realized that may hurt him too much. However, he could have been reaching for a gun. Better safe than sorry and she needed to be safe before she attempted to heal the ork. Instead of beating little with her staff she cocked her foot back and kicked him in the teeth. He didn’t even groan, but there was a crack that emanated from his mouth. He went limp. Fuzzy pulled back her boot and noticed that it had a tooth embedded in it.

“Gross,” she complained.

She wiggled her foot and tried to get it out before she poked at it with her staff.

“So gross,” she complained louder.

It came free and she realized she messed up. She was distracted in a critical moment and began to look for more attackers. She spun quickly and as a huntress, even checked above her which had saved her on more than one occasion. There was nothing. She released her spell and her hand went dim. She went to the man. He was wearing some sort of brightly colored uniform. It was far too cheerful looking to gang colors. He was beaten badly.

“Grabbed me out of my truck,” he said, and coughed, “I just deliver flowers…Jesus…You okay kid?”

“Yeah. You’re not. Hold still,” she said, “I’m going to heal you.”

She charged her only spell and put a single hand to his face. She wasn’t practiced, but she heard him groan with relief along with a heavily muffled groan and barely audible grind of bones shifting inside of him.

“Holy poo poo, wow. loving mage out of nowhere. Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo…Ahhh….That’s a little better, I can breathe without hurting, wow,” he said, amazed, “We need to get out of here. There might be more on the way. Did you call the police?”

“No, I don’t know how,” she said, honestly, “I got it on record I think though.”

“Weird kid. You some sort of thrill junkie? Well, not complaining. Thanks. Seriously. My commlink still works though. I’ll call. Any chance you can help me up?” he asked.

Fuzzy tried while his eyes went out of focus, and his cracked glasses lit up. One of his legs was obviously broken, but she picked the right side to pick him up and so he didn’t collapse. He groaned with pain, but the flower delivery man grit his teeth, moved with her help and talked to someone who wasn’t her as they struggled together down the alley.

“Hello, 911? gently caress this hurts,” he groaned, “I was assaulted and some people tried to kill me. I’m limping out of an alleyway with someone’s help. Two of the men are down and another ran away. I need help bad. They might be back with more. Please hurry. gently caress, kid, where are we?”

“Twenty-seventh place,” said Fuzzy, “We’re near a big lot with cars.”

She remembered. After all, she’d been singing street names and business names all the way here. It seemed so silly, but she fully knew where she was due to her ability to read.

“Twenty-seventh place near a car dealership,” he wheezed, “Yes. Yes, I’ll stay on the line. Thank you.”

He muted the microphone on his smart glasses and looked at Fuzzy as she helped him move to the end of the alley.

“You want to get out of here, kid? You might get in trouble. I could say it was me who did it,” he said, “I don’t think they’ll believe me, but you don’t want to get wrapped up in this.”

She looked at him with a small, lopsided grin and shook her head. She had no idea when the police might show up and didn’t want to abandon him. When they escaped the alley she took him five more feet and helped him sit down against a building. He gasped in pain and she tried her best to ease him down gently.

“Sorry. I’m not that good at healing yet,” she said, apologetically, “I didn’t get your leg and I can’t heal the same wounds twice. I would’ve waited for a friend who’s better at it than me but I needed to get you out of there.”

“You got something,” he said, teeth gritted, “Thanks, kid.”

The look of gratitude on the ork’s face meant the world to her. At least his teeth were all there and his face was mostly undamaged as he’d protected his head with his hands. He smiled through the pain with those large, brown eyes of his and swept his hair out of his face with his one good arm. Then he gaped at her in confusion.

“Holy poo poo, are you really fifteen? I thought you were…” he coughed, and continued, “J-Just shaming them. Holy gently caress kid, they could’ve killed you.”

“I’m going to go back and heal them in case they’re too badly messed up,” she said.

The man’s eyes flew open and he unmuted the microphone on his glasses.

“Whoa kid, that is not a good idea. Stay safe. They don’t deserve you sticking your neck out. Leave that to the police” wheezed the man, “Operator, there’s someone else here with me. A kid with some sort of stick saved me.”

“I don’t know how bad they’re hurt. Fights are messy. I don’t want them dead,” she said, “I can’t make them alive again. I hit that big guy pretty hard and I need to make sure he’s okay.”

Despite his protests she entered the alley. It was still dark, still deserted save for the hopefully unconscious bodies, she cast her spell. Once on the big man, who thankfully was still alive to feel it despite the blood around his head. It seems he’d fallen badly or she’d cut the skin with her second strike despite the blunt edge of her staff. His wound closed and she was satisfied. The other, smaller man got the same treatment, but that winded her a bit. Thought perhaps that was her coming off the adrenaline dump. She ran from the alley after healing the two and went back to the flowers man. He hadn’t moved.

“Keep a watch right. I’ll watch the alley,” she said, “Don’t let anyone jump me.”

“Sure kid,” he said, “Whatever you say.”

But the sirens were already blaring in the distance. Soon enough the police arrived in their black and blue vehicles.

“Knight Errant! Drop your weapon!” one yelled to Fuzzy.

The officer’s gun was drawn, but not pointed at her as he slowly advanced.

“Better do it kid. Don’t worry, we’re safe now,” said the flowers man.

Feeling a bit angry at having to drop her weapon despite having been the good person here, she sighed and dropped it. Then as ordered she went to her knees and put her hands behind her head. After the high of battle her adrenaline was souring and that usually made her moody. The treatment she got didn’t help her mood either. Spearknife was a solid weapon though. Maybe she might even name it.

“What’s your name, kid?” asked the man.

The police officers approached. Two more cars were on scene now, sirens blaring. The light hurt her eyes. It was growing dark not just in the alley, but the sun was setting.

“Fuzzy,” she said.

“I’m Dave. Nice to meet you,” said the ork, “You saved my life. Thanks kid. Hey um, officers? She’s with me. Those fucks in the alley tried to knife me.”

“Human Nation fucks,” said Fuzzy, “I beat them up.”

The police officers approached and slapped restraints on Fuzzy. Fuzzy fumed but stayed still as ordered. She’d be released later when the police officers secured the scene and found the two men in the alley beaten, but alive, though she’d need to give a statement. Dave the flower truck delivery man was alive. Fuzzy was alive. That was almost enough.

“Hey Dave? You deliver flowers, right? Do you think I can get some flowers?” she asked.

She was on the ground and her cheek was on the pavement. Despite that she winked at the man.

“I’ll buy your weight in flowers, kiddo. It might set me back a bit. At least twenty nuyen," he joked, “You don’t look like you weigh that much.”

He laughed, but grabbed his side and groaned. A woman, not police, but in a white uniform began to quietly speak to him and ask him about his wounds. Despite the life or death situation, despite her lack of wounds and despite the fact that she’d saved someone’s life she thought flowers might help her friends understand. She’d give them all away save for one. She would take choicest flower of them all for her very own. After all, her cabin was bare. What kind of huntress would she be if she didn’t take a trophy?

CYOA Time

Fuzzy didn’t run away because she wouldn’t leave Dave. The thread already decided this through its previous actions of treating people with kindness and respect and healing the dear. This is the culmination of all of its previous choices. Fuzzy then put herself back into danger because she is not fine with the potential of killing people who don’t need to be killed. Rider was not fast enough to call for backup. Again, if we were any less kind or nice to people Fuzzy would’ve just let them bleed. Even with all of this, but you all decided to go non-lethal and she didn’t have to kill to put them down, so she went back to make sure they were okay. All of you made this choice by treating people with decency and healing the deer.

What you fine folks are going to choose on the front end are the outcomes. One very positive thing is going to happen here with no consequences. Free and clear. After all, Fuzzy is a hero.If we take a negative outcome I’ll give you a choice of a second positive outcome. I will not tell you exactly what they all do. The negative outcome is another enemy with a one in six chance of showing up in certain places in Seattle. So if you choose one it’s consequence free. Choose two and Fuzzy’s crows a bit about her success and it gets spread around for good and for ill.

1. Contact loyalty bonuses.

2. Nuyen

3. New contact

4. Extra karma

5. Ork and troll approval

You will also get another smaller positive reward at my discretion. I will say now after the fact that walking away would have had negative consequences for Fuzzy. Not physical, but psychological. There was risk either way, though this was the riskier path and therefor should yield more rewards.

2 karma for surviving (literally this time)

2 for completing all objectives (Save Dave, drive off the gangers, get a photo of them)

1 for difficulty.

1 for being kind hearted and not killing any of them.

1 last karma because every last one of them eventually go to jail. They rolled shittily on their edge tests.

1 karma for healing an enemy and exposing herself to danger.

8 karma total. Since we’re at 22 earned now we get +1 street cred for hitting 20 lifetime karma and have 8 more to spend. Currently it only applies to Blake Island residents and people that know us, though.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 13, 2018

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CourValant posted:

Man, this restaurant sounds awesome, also, very niche. Is there a large enough population of people who can perceive the astral to support a place like this?

Also, awakened fish? Does that mean its more sentient than normal fish? Is that like, eating dolphin?

Awakened just means magically active. There are non-sentient magical creatures. Intelligent species are not on the menu of any place that would call itself decent.

So I did a full combat and recorded everything to keep it straight. I rolled more times than I would in a shadowrun game because this is a game that deals with feelings. That means fear and everyone was dealing with their fear, including Fuzzy. Everything I wrote was rolled for. Here's the report. I'll spoiler it because it's not necessary to read unless you're a grognard like me. It's pretty long. Shadowrun is not the best system. In fact it's over-complicated in my opinion. However, here it is in all of its glory. No writer fiat. Fuzzy got lucky. If the big guy didn't go down he would've started shooting and poo poo would've gotten bad fast.

Turn on camera and roll it. Spent edge. 2 hits. On and rolling.
Does it catch anything REALLY incriminating? 1 hit. Enough to catch them standing over a beaten man with a knife in one’s hand while one threatens him with the knife. It’s bad, but not rehashing what they did and their evil plan bad. They are egging the guy on to kill him though and that's definitely something.

Sneak test 3 hits +1 dice for the darkness
Their listen tests -2 for distraction -1 for darkness.
Enemies hits for listening : 1, 0, 1 hits. All failures. Fuzzy is quiet.
Initiative
15 – Fuzzy. Surprise round.
11 dice to attack twice. +9 for skill, +3 for reach, -1 for darkness. Attacking the big guy first.
2 hits. She has strength 4 and +3 damage from her staff. Two hits unresisted means nine stun damage.
Big guy resists with 4 body dice and no armor. One hit. He resists one damage. Eight of ten stun damage. He’s nearly out.
She gets three hits and the champ goes down as she brains him. He resists one damage. Eight damage. He takes two stun and six of ten physical damage as he goes down. Good thing she took the big guy out as he was the one with the gun.
New round.
New guys make composure tests not to freak out. Six dice each. They need at least one hit not to panic and get negatives. Glitches means they run away. Critical glitches mean they knock themselves out like dummies.
Critical glitch. Three ones out of six. The smaller guy who is not Rider trips and falls in the alleyway and smacks his head against the dumpster. He’s resists enough damage to stay conscious (7 stun), but is stunned for a round as he rolls another glitch. He gets a -5 to his initiative and another -2 for being injured. If he doesn’t roll high enough he doesn’t get to act.
Rider gets a single hit and doesn’t freak out. Intiative time.
Fuzzy – 17
Rider – 7
Other guy – 5 with penalties. He’s also prone.
Fuzzy goes first and will be able to attack twice because initiative gives more rounds for each point in the tens spot. 17 means she acts twice, one on 17, one on 7. She uses intimidate, but wants to juice up the fear with some terror of magic. With a flourish she uses her heal spell at force 3 to add to the effect and her hand glows. They know she’s a spellcaster, but don’t know she can only cast heal. Fuzzy rolls to resist drain of Force -4 (spell is Force -4 drain) +3 (Reckless casting so she can intimidate in the same round). Only needs to resist two stun. Fuzzy gets two hits and takes no stun damage. She uses intimidate and is at an 8 to start with, -1 for there being two of them, +2 for being a mage, +2 for the surprise. Going to roll edge to make it stick for an extra +4 dice. 15 dice total to intimidate. She needs a two or better.

Five hits. Rider runs away and drops his knife. The other guy is too hosed up to move much so she kicks him enough to put him out because if he can’t run, he’s a threat and she doesn't know if he has a gun (he doesn't, has has a knife). Night night sweet prince. One hit is enough to do it because he’s out of dice to defend with. Fuzzy does four stun damage with her boot which is just her strength. Two is enough damage to put him out and he receives two more physical as stun bleeds over into physical damage. He lost some teeth.

The victim is conscious, but beaten up bad. He’s an ork, but a small one. Only ten physical and nine stun boxes. I’m going to say that (after a 2d6 roll) seven of those boxes of physical. You can’t heal stun in shadowrun with spells, only stim patches those are out of Fuzzy’s price range. However she can keep him from bleeding and heal those broken bones and internal injuries. She has a spellcasting skill of 2 and 4 magic for a total of 6 dice. Using edge could overcast and potentially physically harm her, so it’s just 6 dice. Two hits. He still has some breaks, but they’ll heal faster and the internal bleeding is gone. It takes two rounds.
She rolls a final etiquette roll to calm the guy down. Having just saved his life like motherfucking Batman she gets a bonus two dice and another bonus die for being in the dark and him not going immediately for youth discrimination despite himself for a total of 8 dice. Two hits. He’s no longer terrified. Not great, but not terrified.
She decides to stay with him because he’s having a hard time moving. After all, Rider might have went for friends. She tries to give him a shoulder to lean on. Eight dice in lift in carry which is strength plus body. She needs to beat a three because he’s pretty hosed up still. He can add 3 with his body plus strength minus his wound injuries (of which there are lots) dice to help and if he gets any rolls he can add to her pool. One hit. Nine dice. Six hits to get him out of there. Critical success. Fuzzy is a hoss.
Fuzzy puts him down at the entrance to the alleyway near her side, calls for help, asks the beat up guy to call the police because she literally doesn’t know 911.

He calls, she asks him to ask if she should render aid. They say no and she makes a composure test to at least heal the big guy because he was in a bad way when she left him and she knows how bad those wounds could theoretically be deadly and doesn’t want to kill anyone through callousness because she’s not a sociopath and we’ve been playing her as a soft hearted person. Badass Fuzzy who kills deer would’ve let him bleed with no test. 9 dice to resist fear in case Rider brings friends. 4 hits. She goes in.

Having no skill in first aid and it’s dark, she just heals him and hopes for the best. Six dice again. One hit. It doesn’t work great, but she’s convinced he’s stable. Drain is 2 possible stun and she rolls three hits. No stun. The other guy she kicked gets the same treatment just in case. Fuzzy is kind. Three hits. He’s physically 100%, but still stunned and minus some teeth. Drain is 2 possible stun again. She takes one point of stun, the only point of damage she took from the entire fight. She got really lucky.

Sirens come and she’s standing vigil over the man. Only when the cops come does she think to call Sasha. Too late. Not getting jumped was more important.

Rolls to see what happens to these guys, because why not? They have three edge (luck, essentially) a piece to resist going to jail for a long, long time. Fuzzy takes away one of their dice with the one hit she got from her lovely cell phone camera style commlink and AR glasses in the dark.
Big guy: Critical glitch on two dice. He’s linked to an unrelated murder and he goes down with an extra assault and battery charge. Life sentence. 25 years with no chance of parole.
Smaller guy: one success one failure. Glitch. Not as bad. Unrelated manslaughter and a number of other crimes. 10-15 years. However he’ll be out in the minimum.
Rider: No hits no glitches. Assault and battery. Second degree. Fuzzy caught him slapping the man with the knife, but he never actually stuck him. 3-12 months probation with a clean record. Rider is street scum, so he’s facing 2-5 years in state prison.

No one gets off. Fuzzy is unharmed save for one stun. The cops’ response time is good enough that Rider can’t call for backup fast enough. End encounter.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 1, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think we should take the new enemy, and for our bonuses a new contact and ork/troll approval. Nuyen we can make anywhere, any time. Karma is harder to come by, but we're still managing pretty well, especially by playing a "nice guy" character. The real valuable thing in this world is friends, let's get as many as we can. I'm not particularly worried about the enemy, it'll presumably be some Aryan Human Nation scumfuck we weren't gonna like anyways.

Honestly I wouldn't have gone back to heal those losers, but I guess Fuzzy is a better person than I am. I guess it's slightly more embarrassing that they both got their asses kicked by a 15 year old girl and then got healed by the same? I dunno, I'm just not particularly compassionate towards their type. I think Fuzzy can have a pass, though, because her philosophy right now is "don't hurt people more than you have to" without too much nuance.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 1, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah I personally would have been fine with her leaving them fully injured but seeing how our past votes and interactions are shaping her personality and moral compass - and on top of that she'd pretty much literally only just learned about police and how beating people up is a crime that the police punish - I'm completely fine with her healing them. It made sense and doesn't feel out of character at this point.

I'm with Cryo, taking the new enemy is fine because contacts are more valuable and meta approval as a human is worth its weight in gold.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Crazycryodude posted:

Honestly I wouldn't have gone back to heal those losers, but I guess Fuzzy is a better person than I am. I guess it's slightly more embarrassing that they both got their asses kicked by a 15 year old girl and then got healed by the same? I dunno, I'm just not particularly compassionate towards their type. I think Fuzzy can have a pass, though, because her philosophy right now is "don't hurt people more than you have to" without too much nuance.

Neither would I. However we've been going the 100% paragon route with Fuzzy so far. I know this is unorthadox for a CYOA, but I think that rolling up the thread's choices and choosing based on what all of you have chosen as a group before is interesting. You all didn't explicitly choose for her to be a good person. You implicitly chose to. If she lied to Sasha, played politics with Kenji, ignored Julie, convinced Sasha to kill the deer or had a falling out with her anyway when they disagreed, even went to the ACHE ghetto without Puppy, I would've given you all the choice of going back to heal them. In fact I'm going to give 1 more karma for healing them and exposing herself to danger and healing a fallen enemy. Doing good things in Shadowrun earns you serious karma.

On the other hand if we'd been a jerk to everyone we'd be lower in karma but probably rolling in nuyen. Also the choice would've been to kill them all. Fuzzy's moral compass reflects everyone's choices within the thread. I just guide her from decision to decision. You folks make those important decisions.

However our moral compass right now is back in the thread's hands. If you folks want to roughen her out to make her calls more ambiguous feel free. It will matter in the moment and matter later when we fight and I take control.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 1, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I like it. Our votes aren't a simple causal mechanism, they're a fundamental shaping force. Explicit voting versus implicit nature.

quote:

100% paragon

I always lean this way on a first playthrough. I use the 100% renegade/darkside run as a reward afterwards and revel in it in ways that make me all tingly inside.

quote:

If you folks want to roughen her out to make her calls more ambiguous feel free. It will matter in the moment and matter later when we fight and I take control.

They were unequivocally Bad Men™, but Fuzzy is still finding her place in the world and hasn't been introduced to more ambiguous and loosely defined concepts like justifiable homicide and necessary evil. She's only just coming out of the shell her upbringing and environment required her to create, and is turning out to not be a jaded, cynical rear end in a top hat in spite of her origins. It's really nice to read, actually.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 1, 2017

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
I definitely think we should get a new Contract and/or approval in the goblinoid communities. Both, ideally. Nazis are an enemy I'm willing to have - and one we're guaranteed to pick up sooner or later, rolling with Julie. This will all really help us run in similar circles.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah I actually like that our votes influence some things like that. It's perfectly in character for Fuzzy to go back and heal those guys, both because she's turning into a super nice person, and because she's still working out her moral framework and doesn't have things like "justifiable evil" nailed down yet. I mean, the kid's 15, she's doing great with that in mind.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I love the outcome and we should get karma and meta approval. Flower guy seems nice, but what kind of goodies would we get out of a florist as a contact aside from flowers? I think even more karma is worth it in this scenario.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Me on my SA bookmarks page at any time during the day because of the CYOAs I'm reading, this one especially: :f5h::f5:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I love the outcome and we should get karma and meta approval. Flower guy seems nice, but what kind of goodies would we get out of a florist as a contact aside from flowers? I think even more karma is worth it in this scenario.

Friendship is its own reward :colbert:

Also, I see it as less about physical goods and more about having, well, connections. We're not a shadowrunner (yet), we're a high school kid. A florist is a super useful connection. He's got a truck, he's got a shop we can hang out in, he's probably got a cool family to make even more friends among, and he's an adult who can vouch for us. Those are all great things for high school shenanigans. Especially that last one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, contact and meta approval sounds pretty alright, not least of which because there's a new friendly face entering Fuzzy's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

All right. I still got some words left in me for tonight. I'm going to write something in half an hour. A sort of Saturday epilogue, church and if I'm right it looks like people want meta approval, a contact and an enemy. So not only is Fuzzy a good person, she wants people to know about how great she is. Unless something changes I'll introduce Fuzzy's ork nickname. Fuzzy Nogway. What does Nogway mean? Well you'll find out soon. So I'm going to write some more tonight before I go to bed.

Also, and this is important, I want the thread to think long and hard if we want to stick with Fuzzy or not. Since there are four planned arcs we can technically dedicate one arc to each of the three and have our favorite character return as main character for the fourth. The fourth is scheduled to be a serious crucible though and the one taking point will be in the most danger. I want to know if we're sticking with Fuzzy before I end Marco's church aside for reasons I'll go into below.

If the thread decides to switch I will start writing her arc epilogue the way I want to as you folks will have relinquished control as a character. Somehow coming back on Sunday on the school boat literally covered in flowers so thick it's even in Christina's lap and riding high on saving a man from being murdered, Fuzzy is going to discover her feelings for Sasha because life and death situations clarify muddled feelings pretty well. Anyone can buy flowers, and a corp teen can buy enough to fill several boats, but earning them from a grateful man and discovering her feelings for Sasha is the perfect setup that I would dream of to write for one of my old novels. That is a setup I couldn't dream of for one of my old novels when I just worked on my own.

I am a romance writer and there is no way I can possibly ignore that setup. No loving way. I did not plan this. I am a slave to my own creative impulses. Dave the flower delivery guy was a throwaway character I wrote on a whim. I am a 32 year old man. I am also a hopeless romantic and adore happy endings, or at least happy for now endings. Fight me irl. :colbert:

Plus I'll say that Julie suddenly finding two of her new friends only have eyes for one another would make her feel like she's a third wheel.

That said we can stick with Fuzzy or go with Kenji. If we stick with Fuzzy I will swallow my romance novelist urge and not go with the boat full of flowers routine if the thread so chooses. It will be a hard swallow, but I'm good to my word. This is a CYOA after all.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 1, 2017