Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

AJ_Impy posted:

CMD:/> DIR ');DROP TABLE ADMIN;--

Do it. I swear to god, if the Resistance forgot to sanitize their inputs....

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd assume we're grandpa again. Did we ever get a good look at ourself when we were on-mission?

e: Oh, right, we were wearing a helmet.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

Crazycryodude posted:

Do it. I swear to god, if the Resistance forgot to sanitize their inputs....

Gentlemen, I do believe we're barking up the ACCESS DENIED tree.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Where's Hackerman when you need him?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
If we want control we're going to have to find a professional to give it to us. It could be that the status quo is in our interest, though...

Find somewhere private to examine/load the Windows package

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Check current status Also pet passing dog

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

dont be mean to me posted:

What do we look like now?
You draw your knife and use it as a makeshift mirror:

AJ_Impy posted:

ACCESS DENIED

wjs5 posted:

Check current status Also pet passing dog

You feel ok? You don't seem to be able to run any kind of formal diagnostic through your headware. You take a few experimental paces back and forth and walking feels smoother somehow? Your coordination, balance, and reaction time are all better than you remember them being.

You're underground:

There's plenty of concrete and steel, but no dogs.

I wanna say that the cyber-capybaras had a system crash but the truth is that my all too human failings have been behind the delay. Update ETA tomorrow night.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

I wanna say that the cyber-capybaras had a system crash but the truth is that my all too human failings have been behind the delay. Update ETA tomorrow night.

Hope midterms when okay.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

Hope midterms when okay.

they went well, it's just hard to block out a time to write and think with everything else on my mind

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

they went well, it's just hard to block out a time to write and think with everything else on my mind

Well, first and foremost, take care of yourself. Don't strain yourself too much for a silly internet game.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Crazycryodude posted:

find a lovely hotel to stay the night in.

With everything that's happened, you need some time to rest and think. Your not even sure your old home exists anymore, so you settle on finding a cheap hotel. You make your way out of the sublevel you woke up in out into the street

As you walk, you skim the wires. Their constant hum has become something more, something deeper, sinking into your mind to dwell among your innermost thoughts. Your search for a hotel is answered by a thought that leads you on and on...

Your reverie is broken by the nagging feeling of being watched. The other people on the street are looking at you. All of them. Some simply stare, while others hastily duck and scurry away. A few even laugh and wave. You're puzzled, until you spot a cast on one of their terminals: you robbed the Met?? Four people are dead by your hand, and your bizarre performance/murder spree is the talk of the town. You

A) Revel in it!

You struck a blow for the common man against a symbol of the capital class who would turn even art into another commodity to be bought and sold! You don't remember doing it but you sure as hell would do it again!
B) Are confused
You don't remember any of this? Did this happen during that day and a half gap? You assumed that was just recovery time from the incredibly invasive surgery(?) you underwent. Is this your job now?
C) Are ashamed.
You strike at corps, not people. You have blood on your hands and you don't even remember how it got there.
D) Something more complicated
Write in

An intruding thought bursts into your mind
SECURITY INBOUND

A) Try for a safehouse!
Your head throbs when you think of one. You think you know where to go? Why does your new sense seem so ... reluctant?
B) Back underground!
You know the way, and you know you can lose your pursuers in the tangle of tunnels. Getting back out may be an issue though.
C) The Shard
Any good criminal conglomerate knows to hire their own security, and they're not likely to care about your heist? stunt? They will likely care about the heat you're bringing to their doorstep however.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 30, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Also I may have randomly banned myself as part of a gbs thing. Worry not, I will rereg if that is the case.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D ....really need that access. Try to recall the events described, and use that mental state to attempt to brute force past the access lockout.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
C but wave back at the people
B
guess we'll do without a bed tonight :sigh:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

AJ_Impy posted:

D ....really need that access. Try to recall the events described, and use that mental state to attempt to brute force past the access lockout.

Do you need it enough that you'd stand in the middle of the street messing around in your head while the cops roll up on you? (you haven't picked an escape option)

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 30, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A
B

:anarchists:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You
D) Something more complicated
Write in

Get that deep, sinking, 'I'm so screwed' feeling that you are well and truly in over your head, and have no idea what the gentle caress is going on.

Have Blue posted:

SECURITY INBOUND
C) The Shard

If the Criminals don't kill you outright for bringing this much heat to their home, you might be able to do business with them.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

B B

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

p.s. So far this is loving great.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B "What the hell did they make me do? Why did I dance like an idiot?"
A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BB

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We should turn ourselves in to the police. I'm sure the authorities will help us sort this out if we're upfront the situation.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

1: B "jesus gently caress it's like my head's a bag full of idiots on a dead gay comedy forum" :v:
2: A

edit: Turning ourselves in is liable to end in one of three ways.
1: We're tried and incarcerated in a maxsec secure housing unit as a cyberpsychotic and dripfed a haldol/lithium cocktail for the rest of our meatbody's natural lifespan with no possibility of rehab or parole.
2: We're gunned down by an ESWAT team carrying large calibre firearms.
3: We're assassinated en-route or during prisoner transfer by our invisible friend or his associates. Probably through the use of a micro-explosive implanted at the base of our brainstem.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 30, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

40 minutes of Ruiner and and I can safely say it feels like Woven Wires: Twinstick Shooter Edition

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
uh so a lot of things happened last week. I'm not dead, just resting. Update ETA tomorrow night

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

uh so a lot of things happened last week. I'm not dead, just resting. Update ETA tomorrow night

Hope you're okay, glad you're back!

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Confusion cut with fear swirls through you. Something else is living in your head, cutting off everything but "you". Something that knocked over the Met. You barely understand what's going on, but you do know that you shouldn't get caught. You take off sprinting back towards where you emerged.

Wasting no time you head down,

plunging deeper into the guts of the city.

The hum of the wires fades, replaced by the rumble of machinery and a rush of fluids.

You're safe. You think.

You don't like being down here.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Take off my helmet. Look in a puddle. Am I still me?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Brain Candy posted:

Take off my helmet. Look in a puddle. Am I still me?

You reach up to remove your helmet and your hands freeze.

NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Scream futilely at the living hell our life has become

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo: oh dear.

Search for a map of the underground and plot our current location on it. Keep moving.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You don't like being down here.

CMD:>Uplink -Gates "How now brown cow?"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Keep moving. See if there are any objects inside your zippers and pockets.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CourValant posted:

CMD:>Uplink -Gates "How now brown cow?"

Who is this Gates person?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

super sweet best pal posted:

Who is this Gates person?

The 'guy' that gave us the boxed 'Windows 2077'; I'm assuming that we still remember everything up to the first blackout.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Crazycryodude posted:

Scream futilely at the living hell our life has become

You stand frozen, still trying to force your hands closer to your head. It doesn't work and they remain awkwardly hovering in front of you.

You reluctantly stop trying to remove your helmet and they relax, becoming yours again. Frustration bubbles up within you and you lash out without thinking!

You chip the concrete and dust rains down! Through the drifting dust, the room looks different. More solid somehow? The feeling quickly fades.

QuoProQuid posted:

Keep moving. See if there are any objects inside your zippers and pockets.

You have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (metal?)
1 set of armor(?)+helmet (Your clothes are thick and stiff, seemingly reinforced with ballistic weave. There's no kind of tab, logo, or label on any of them.)
1 knife (steel, standard)
1000 credits on an anonymous chip
1 copy of Windows 2077, still in its shrink wrap

CourValant posted:

The 'guy' that gave us the boxed 'Windows 2077'; I'm assuming that we still remember everything up to the first blackout.

Have Blue posted:

The last thing you remember are those *shudder* wires.

Hexenritter posted:

:laffo: oh dear.

Search for a map of the underground and plot our current location on it. Keep moving.

The strange sense that led you on outside is gone. Somewhat at a loss, you begin investigating the room and find odd marks. Scattered among the worn graffiti are several different repeating symbols:

A faded 10. It looks laser etched? It seems like some kind of sector marker.

A series of scratches which look like claw marks? They can't be though, they're too regular and too deep.

A pale blue rectangle in chipped paint.

Each seems to lead off in a different direction.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

A pale blue rectangle in chipped paint.[/b]

Each seems to lead off in a different direction.

This.

I'm choosing to interpret this as a BSD.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

This.

I'm choosing to interpret this as a BSD.

Ooh, good one. Yeah, follow the BSoD

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Follow the Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rectangle!

e: When you think about it, a rectangle's just an arrow that's missing a triangle at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSMzzXmiEO8

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 10, 2017

• Locked thread