Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was busy being awesome on Agents of SHIELD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

STAC Goat posted:

He was busy being awesome on Agents of SHIELD.

True, but now its time for him to be on a DC show!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

One thing I love about the arrowverse is how its main casting pool is Spartacus. Where is John Hannah?

Somehow I don't think the CW can afford John Hannah

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

bobkatt013 posted:

Where is John Hannah?
Too soon :smith:

http://i.imgur.com/toWNkKe.gifv

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

muscles like this! posted:

Not really a big surprise but they've confirmed Snart is back again this season but will be a different take on the character. They haven't exactly clarified what that means yet.

Snart's back with a new bae

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I... what

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was on last season of Agents of SHIELD and they killed off his character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was way too beautiful to spoil.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Agents of SHIELD. Don't read if you're ever going to watch: The plot this last season involved a complex AI and an elaborate virtual construct that several characters were imprisoned within.

John Hannah's character built the construct and developed the AI with more or less altruistic intentions, but lost control of both. By the end, his physical body had died and his consciousness existed only within the construct. When it began shutting down, all he could do was wait for death. Which in that context looked like blinking out of existence.

It was actually pretty poignant, AoS has gotten pretty good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

New trailer! :woop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2T51tA8Vc

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"We actually saved the world - twice!"
"So why does it still suck?"

I like this new character, she can stay.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

He was on last season of Agents of SHIELD and they killed off his character.

Somehow I thought that was another cooperative commercial.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

lotus circle posted:

"We actually saved the world - twice!"
"So why does it still suck?"

I like this new character, she can stay.

That was a great intro to a new character for this show. Just the perfect kind of meta-joke that last season was crammed with. I'm so goddamn stoked for this.

I can't wait to see how these idiots gently caress poo poo up now.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I like LoT because it stopped taking itself so seriously and reveled in the CW suck. It's refreshing and was my favorite show of the lineup last year.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I kinda wished right after they said "Don't call us heroes, we're legends.". It would have cut to Reverse Flash saying "Their idiots." Then a montage of them loving up time while hi fiving but I guess that would have been too on the nose.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Its Rinaldo posted:

I kinda wished right after they said "Don't call us heroes, we're legends.". It would have cut to Reverse Flash saying "Their idiots." Then a montage of them loving up time while hi fiving but I guess that would have been too on the nose.

They should say "Don't call us heroes; we are a cautionary tale."

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Brandon Routh's wife has been cast as Darhk's daughter. I've liked her in other things so I'm OK with that.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/31/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-courtney-ford-darhk-daughter/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat didn't realize she was married to him. Yeah I've liked her in other stuff too. No complaints.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Brandon Routh's wife has been cast as Darhk's daughter. I've liked her in other things so I'm OK with that.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/31/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-courtney-ford-darhk-daughter/

I have met this lady and she is very nice and funny so I approve of this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Sara Lance: TARGET AQUIRED

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sara Lance: TARGET AQUIRED

OMG! I never knew I needed Sara to seduce Dahrhrhhhk's adult daughter until right now! Imagine his reaction!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

OMG! I never knew I needed Sara to seduce Dahrhrhhhk's adult daughter until right now! Imagine his reaction!!

Imagine if it was the other way around and Sara's reaction to that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm glad Mick is back and trolling historical figures. What historical boogiemen will he take down this season?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I hope there are some shenanigans that put Mick in a firefighter role

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mick's going to cause the Great Fire of London

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mick's going to go to a Nazi book burning ceremony and feel very conflicted

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Mick's going to go to a Nazi book burning ceremony and feel very conflicted

He'll split the difference and throw the Nazis on the pile

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Nazi dumbasses didn't even realise that I replaced all the books they're burning with copies of Mein Kampf!"

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

WhyteRyce posted:

Mick's going to cause the Great Fire of London

I was leaning toward the Great Chicago Fire myself.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm glad Mick is back and trolling historical figures. What historical boogiemen will he take down this season?

Given the Arrowverse's history of mercilessly dunking on the alt-right, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw Mick set an entire Klan rally on fire this year.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

Given the Arrowverse's history of mercilessly dunking on the alt-right, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw Mick set an entire Klan rally on fire this year.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Has Teddy Roosevelt shown up yet?

That could be fun.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Wait, what?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I won't rest until Mick somehow kills Hitler.

He really hates Nazis.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Did you not watch at least Supergirl and Legends last year? Season 2 of Supergirl was a non-stop parade of making GBS threads on Trump and Trump supporters' worst qualities. The season finale's title was a riff on Mitch McConnell's epic backfire of a line "Nevertheless, she persisted". And when the Legion makes Doomworld, Trump is explicitly the President in that timeline, and it's treated as 1) a joke, and 2) a Bad Thing.

bentacos posted:

I won't rest until Mick somehow kills Hitler.

He really hates Nazis.

That's one of the more admirable qualities about Mick. Dude's a self-serving tormented brute... but he fukkin HATES Nazis.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

There needs to be an episode of them returning to this President Trump 2017 world and then they figure out how to fix the timeline.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yer Burnt posted:

There needs to be an episode of IRL them returning to this President Trump 2017 world and then they figure out how to fix the timeline.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Another trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuX8cuZoNA

Can't wait for Mick's Aruba party

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

WhyteRyce posted:

Another trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuX8cuZoNA

Can't wait for Mick's Aruba party

I was waiting for them to use that song since I heard it for the first time.

I am not sure if I am happy or disappointed. It is just so goddamn obvious,

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Haven't forgotten about a new OP. Had one ready to go but my logic board failed, so I'm starting from scratch. Should be up within the week.

• Locked thread