Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Penn Jillette seems like less of a shithead these days.

The more intelligent lolbertarians are able to twist their insane ideology to sound rational like that.

Also I know it was last week but Bill bitching about getting one of those pepper packets is peak Bill Maher old man yells at cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That spat with Parsons last week over the bravery of terminally ill cancer patients was the pettiest of smarmy derails, good lord.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Holmes isn't quite on the level of a bottomless bucket, but drat if she doesn't carry a needless and vast amount of water for the worst sorts of institutions.

never trumper or not, how does any black republican in 2017 not see the writing on the wall?

that holmes lady isn't an obvious buffoon like herman cain or thomas sowell where she'd be unemployable anywhere else

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a black republican is like a white hotep. poo poo does not compute.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Everyone has their price.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Origami Dali posted:

That spat with Parsons last week over the bravery of terminally ill cancer patients was the pettiest of smarmy derails, good lord.

Yeah it was pathetic. Even if you are terminally ill it is some amount of brave to volunteer to be experimented on instead of living your last days at peace with your family.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Jesus Christ S.E. Cupp is stunningly stupid. And jeez it wouldn't even bother me if she was just dumb but it's the kind of stupid that think's it's smart. Like what is an overhyped hurricane? This one drives me insane when people say this. Like just because it may not murder people at the time it happens, you still have weeks of flooding to deal with and river cresting and all sorts of poo poo that happens even after the storm has passed. Like seriously the U.S. has been extremely lucky they've mostly steered clear of major population centers. Thousands in small towns and rural areas still get hosed. PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO CLEAN UP FROM MATHEW A YEAR AGO! I've been through about 10 of these fuckers and even the baby rear end stupid tropical depressions gently caress people's poo poo up.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 9, 2017

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ken bone? oh how topical

edit: lol at his loving nonasnwers to everything. what was the point of him being on

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 9, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tr33 posted:

Jesus Christ S.E. Cupp is stunningly stupid. And jeez it wouldn't even bother me if she was just dumb but it's the kind of stupid that think's it's smart. Like what is an overhyped hurricane? This one drives me insane when people say this. Like just because it may not murder people at the time it happens, you still have weeks of flooding to deal with and river cresting and all sorts of poo poo that happens even after the storm has passed. Like seriously the U.S. has been extremely lucky they've mostly steered clear of major population centers. Thousands in small towns and rural areas still get hosed. PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO CLEAN UP FROM MATHEW A YEAR AGO! I've been through about 10 of these fuckers and even the baby rear end stupid tropical depressions gently caress people's poo poo up.

it's like they aint never heard of better safe than sorry.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Bone Cupp was suffering. One of those rare instances where OT not happening was actually value in the end.

That poor kid had no idea what Maher was going on about Millennial-wise with his now desperate schtick given what he specifically came back on for.

Next week will be Leibowitz, probably in the wake of Hillary's book...which should also equate to way more daggers out for Sanders given how last time went. Rushdie as well to give him more cause to stir up on the Islam front....really this has become an odious pattern of late in terms of booking an ever narrowing pool of folks that serve to back him up on one or more of his worst particular things latched on to as opposed to even the overdone claims about wanting discussion couched around All Views on the panel for effect.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So is the three person panel thing totally dead now?

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I want to say there was a third person in the ending scroll to get things back to normal, but I forget who that might've been.

This has definitely been the most prevalent season or so yet of the show as far as having a reduced panel though, and almost always to no good effect.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They should cancel this bullshit and replace it with Veal Time with Phil Lamarr. I'm outta heah! Oh!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ExiledTinkerer posted:

I want to say there was a third person in the ending scroll to get things back to normal, but I forget who that might've been.

This has definitely been the most prevalent season or so yet of the show as far as having a reduced panel though, and almost always to no good effect.

To be fair, I imagine its rather hard to book conservatives who wont just blather outright lies, so I feel for whichever producer has to find people to put on the panel. Regardless, it definitely doesn't help Maher's image as an old man shaking his fist at the kids on his lawn... :corsair:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if it's a function of age that makes all these people contract centrist brainworms

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i wonder if it's a function of age that makes all these people contract centrist brainworms

Somewhat. I think it has more to do with them being wealthy and comfortable. Why change anything when I got mine?:smug:

I think I’m gonna skip the show for awhile since it’ll probably be endless parroting from Hillary’s new book.:barf:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 16, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think I’m gonna skip the show for awhile since it’ll probably be endless parroting from Hillary’s new book.:barf:

not yet but tim gunn is rehashing that old george will article bitching about why nobody wears a 3 piece suit every time they leave the house

e: and bill's turned into a no fat chicks bumper sticker

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 16, 2017

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
The show is p.terrible, but his last words are consistently p.good.
He was foaming at the mouth during the vaginal rejuvenation part
Yay California

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its absolutely amazing how they can spent 40 minutes on "But what can the democrats dooo to not be a joke anymore?" And then have loving Tim Gunn come on immediately afterward with his dumb poo poo and not one of them makes the connection

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, when the lead off was an NYT apologist after their grand post-election fleecing in the spirit of Stein---it being downhill from there was a foregone conclusion.

Strangest line of disparaging Sanders yet, Liebowitz really does hate the man more than Trump just on sheer deep seated ferocity...which is telling. Whole of the panel continued to nod along with the idiocy about not needing introspection in the slightest, rattle cup on cage at mean old universities(I swear, Maher has gone on more about this "snowflake" bullshit than even his troubles with Islam) despite the dissonance later in the very same drat episode's OT when it came to Manning and Harvard, etc.

Don't recall the line for next week, but I want to say it was another bombed out assortment of folks on the right.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I was hoping that Maher would ask that former WSJ dude about climate change, but of course they bonded over how they make both sides angry. Ugh.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

I was hoping that Maher would ask that former WSJ dude about climate change, but of course they bonded over how they make both sides angry. Ugh.

bret stephens is an exceptionally odious turd even for the nyt opinion page

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

ExiledTinkerer posted:

...which should also equate to way more daggers out for Sanders given how last time went.

You could not have predicted that more accurately. Jesus Christ. Why the gently caress is it so important for Democrats to require everyone on the left to wear the same badge?

Besides all of the obvious Russian propaganda thrown at conservatives last year, this mentality against Sanders is exactly why some switched over to Trump at the last minute and it bothers me that they think it was only because of their dislike for Hillary.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
gently caress Fran Lebowitz.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

SyRauk posted:

Why the gently caress is it so important for Democrats to require everyone on the left to wear the same badge?

Because it worked for the GOP... :smith:

TheBizzness posted:

gently caress Fran Lebowitz.

Her criticisms of Sanders sounded a little like self-loathing. :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why are these people so loving immature. you're twice my age just say you were wrong. how the gently caress you gonna keep blaming sanders. if anything dude used kid gloves with clinton.

he's the most popular politician in america (and the group he's least popular with is white guys) and she's got trumpian levels of popularity. how are they this stupid.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Pretty sure now, in aggregate of her appearances, that Leibowitz is well on the Steinem and such line of Clinton folks---the whole "place in hell if you don't rally under her" faction.

Rushdie also covered the other half of the spread---the whole "utterly forget about them both*", which takes it a step beyond not even choosing introspection towards outright erasure for the impetus of contemplation...with the obvious built in red herring as Clinton is absolutely somebody they want to have around compared to Sanders illuminating the absolute shambles the Democrats are in right down to the very foundations.

It must be an interesting time in the head of Nader nowadays to behold somebody being turned into an even more vilified scapegoat to suit macabre party machinations in the guise of Sanders after him having to deal with that artificial contrived albatross for well over a decade now.

As far as guests go, well, Maher could always just hook back to celebs and non-wonks from all walks of life as was a bit closer to the old days----more than 1 or 2 token scientists in pet fields, more than just West when it comes to somebody that can talk about the plight of the poor, etc. Make a real push to get some utterly new folks to premiere on the show for the sake of the roving myriad issues as opposed to just stacking a deck of craven cheerleaders or limp adversarial foils.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's annoying how they're all so stupid that they don't get it isn't about bernie it's about policy. it's the opposite of the clinton crew.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's annoying how they're all so stupid that they don't get it isn't about bernie it's about policy. it's the opposite of the clinton crew.

They're rich as gently caress; they don't care. Fran Lebowitz all but literally said "gently caress you got mine" when asked if america is an ageist country.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
That has got to be one of the more cringe worthy episodes I've ever watched.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

That New Rules was pretty entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mDl8GqRxuw

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Well, Frank at least got most of the idiocy stirred up and out of the way at the start....so that's something.

I could almost swear he's done an earlier version of the cap for New Rules already---which is kind of odd and not something I recall ever happening prior.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
did bill or anyone on the panel mention the new defense spending bill? how the increase in spending alone is worth more than all public university tuition accrued per year?

or is he still foaming at the mouth about snowflakes and campus protests?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

They did mention military spending but not that specifically and of course they didn't connect it to the not-killing-impoverished-browns uses it could be put toward in any meaningful measure.

Too busy yelling at clouds about fantastical idiot non-centrists with Barney Frank to think about stuff like that.

Oh and allow me to add a few items to the list of things "millennials" would have if they were born during the baby boom in addition to toilets to read on: any loving chance to ever have houses, savings, job security...

IRQ fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 23, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

ken bone? oh how topical

edit: lol at his loving nonasnwers to everything. what was the point of him being on

I believe Bill may be having trouble getting guests. This may be why the two panel thing is becoming more common. They should have Julian Assange on rather than Ken Bone. I hope he's still alive.

Bill's still going too easy on Trump. Trump has not repealed and replaced the ACA. Trump has not lowered taxes. Trump has not lowered the US national debt. It just crossed that heretofore mythical threshold of twenty trillion USD. Trump is busy tweeting about football and basketball though. The great dealmaker still hasn't released his tax returns.

This is why national politicians should be forced to sign contracts when they take the oath. So when they lie and dupe millions there are actual repercussions...like jail perhaps.

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Tail end of New Rules was just just embarrassing especially given how poorly he did framing his domestic pivot from the start of the show before he immediately lost the thread on it.

So many new rules are just Bill attacking fat people. And he's getting more nonsenical. Trump can't be a Nazi and a Russian simultaneously.

I'm surprised Jesse Jackson came on after Bill roasted Jesse Jackson Jr. for weeks for embezzling all that money.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Well, Morello tried to an extent---but there was only so much traction he was ever going to gain with this lot. Drawdown guy was one of the more interesting guests in awhile between the interview proper and OT.

Absolutely has to have been the longest New Rules segment/closer in the history of the show---absolutely should've given them pause for going through with it and going all in on it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill taking a knee after making GBS threads on Kaepernick last year was too much for me. He's a loving hack, even more so since Trump won.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I liked the New Rules. It was fun to see them do ~TV stuff~ with a script, acting, and camera work. Bill even kept the accent up the whole time and there weren't any hiccups.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bill taking a knee after making GBS threads on Kaepernick last year was too much for me. He's a loving hack, even more so since Trump won.

yeah he ruined it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Mike Pence aka Mike Pence.