Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

N:

ESPN posted:

The two obvious choices in MMA would be a lightweight title defense against next weekend's interim champion or a third fight with Diaz (19-11). Diaz submitted McGregor in March 2016, before dropping a majority decision in a rematch five months later. Diaz has not fought since their second fight.

"I'm happy they're fighting," said McGregor, on Ferguson and Lee. "This is what I wanted, because they're all bums at the end of the day. Make no mistake about that. I'm just happy they're fighting. I want to see them compete."Too many of them pull out right at the wire, and we're still not at this fight yet. So, I'm just going to pray that this one goes ahead. Of course, Nate is still there waiting, but he'll be left waiting until we figure something out."

In addition to those two options, McGregor mentioned undefeated lightweights Khabib Nurmagomedov (24-0) and Justin Gaethje (18-0), as well as former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (25-2).

V: Fooking :lol: If Conor is booked against Khabib we'll never ever see either of them fight in the Octagon again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i doubt anyone is going to miss weight for a fight with conor

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Khabib supposedly turned down the fight with tony that lee got for the interim belt

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i doubt anyone is going to miss weight for a fight with conor

If one's knees are made of paper mache or their kidney's/liver shut down due to the weight cut they might not fight.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

kensei posted:

N: [url=http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20864646/conor-mcgregor-long-list-next-potential-opponent]

V: Fooking :lol: If Conor is booked against Khabib we'll never ever see either of them fight in the Octagon again.

Seriously, "booked to fight Khabib" should be a euphemism for retiring.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

If one's knees are made of paper mache or their kidney's/liver shut down due to the weight cut they might not fight.

ive seen khabib fight and he must be the strongest and fittest late stage AIDS patient in the world if thats actually the case which i suspect it isnt

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Khabib supposedly turned down the fight with tony that lee got for the interim belt

Now that's a duck, you got a source?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Sean Shelby says he offered him the fight for November 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PoKTIipgiA&t=32s

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That's a pretty good source lol. I couldn't remember where it came from

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Khabib will never fight anyone of merit again. That assumes he ever fights again though.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Wise Learned Man posted:

This is a great idea.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Wise Learned Man posted:

lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kensei posted:

N: [url=http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20864646/conor-mcgregor-long-list-next-potential-opponent]

I like Conor's style of trash talk, where he says things that don't make sense and periodically slips in an insult. I don't mean that sarcastically it's really effective, because it makes the other guy's response gibberish and and makes them mad at the same time. Diaz made him look stupid by just ignoring him and insulting him instead of responding, but most people get flustered. Like, if you try and respond by pointing out that if everyone else is a bum and everyone he fights is trash, his achievements are meaningless and all that poo poo about challenging himself makes no sense, he'll just say he forgot your name and call you poor

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

lol
https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/914019064153915393

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lmao what a loving kook

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He's another one of those dudes with a real disconnect between how cool he is in the ring and how much of a dickbag he comes across in social media and interviews. Put him in the Cody Garbrandt folder of "Guys I would watch fight all day every day but never want to hear speak again".

Princess
Oct 11, 2009

That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over!

Memento posted:

I gave it exactly the level of attention to detail W145 deserves.

I withdraw my objection and regret I protested in the first place.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I understood it as "still recovering from botched weight cut", not a duck. I don't think Khabib is ducking Ferguson, though he might if he thought he could get a fight with Conor out of it.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

He's another one of those dudes with a real disconnect between how cool he is in the ring and how much of a dickbag he comes across in social media and interviews. Put him in the Cody Garbrandt folder of "Guys I would watch fight all day every day but never want to hear speak again".

I remember him appearing in a bunch of press conferences wearing sunglasses indoors at age 32. That was really fuckin' stupid.

But then I also remember him and Dos Anjos having a sick back and forth fight for 25 minutes at full speed at altitude in Mexico, and that was fuckin' rad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

I remember him appearing in a bunch of press conferences wearing sunglasses indoors at age 32. That was really fuckin' stupid.

But then I also remember him and Dos Anjos having a sick back and forth fight for 25 minutes at full speed at altitude in Mexico, and that was fuckin' rad.

gently caress yeah. That RDA fight was insanely good.

UFC has just put up the Countdown show for 216. Derrick Lewis is a god drat gem of a human being.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

gently caress yeah. That RDA fight was insanely good.

UFC has just put up the Countdown show for 216. Derrick Lewis is a god drat gem of a human being.

I've been to Mexico City a couple of times and the altitude is a real thing. Climbing a short flight of stairs suddenly feels like an effort. That they fought five rounds, and both gave the impression that they could have gone another five, is loving insane.

I'm still sad that we never got to see RDA trounce Conor.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I wasn't really paying attention to the media stuff around Ferguson/Lee but my wife pointed out the t-shirt that Uncle Dana was wearing. I guess if you wanted to make sure the dudes main eventing one of your PPVs knew they were the consolation prize, there really is no better way than this.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

THis guys got what it takes to go far in the irony game.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Work Friend Keven posted:

THis guys got what it takes to go far in the irony game.

Well, if anyone would know, it would be you. How many layers of irony are you on these days Keven?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wise Learned Man posted:

I love this a whole loving lot :allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Jerusalem posted:

New thread title owns :hf:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

lol nice one

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Princess posted:

I withdraw my objection and regret I protested in the first place.

I went over my notes for the OP and I realised that when I was writing it up (using BBCeditor to preview what it should look like) and I realised that the only thing I actually saw was the awesome hair on the NYSAC official in the background. There was just a big blue-brown blur in the middle of the image where a champion should have been.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I understood it as "still recovering from botched weight cut", not a duck. I don't think Khabib is ducking Ferguson, though he might if he thought he could get a fight with Conor out of it.

i dont think he can make 155 any more, i hope he can tho

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the RDA vs Toby fight was not good at all, Tony poked him in the eye and it noticeably made RDA completely useless afterward. Tony got a very stern warning though so it was all fair.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It's the same poo poo where everyone is like good golly gosh Gustafson looked amazing vs texeira! He didn't look nearly so amazing before his opponent was half blind though

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

It's the same poo poo where everyone is like good golly gosh Gustafson looked amazing vs texeira! He didn't look nearly so amazing before his opponent was half blind though

He did, though. He was beating him both before and after.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought this was the rick and morty copypasta for a moment

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cool lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Snowman_McK posted:

He did, though. He was beating him both before and after.

Gus was winning the fight but it was actually a fight before he blinded him. Gus just completely eviscerating a mostly blind Glover was one of the hardest things to watch I've seen in fighting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is gustafsson on steroids?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The only fighters not on steroids are the Diaz brothers

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Glover vs Gus fight was one sided as gently caress but Gus still made harder work of it than he needed to. Teixeira was clearly outmatched from the get go and Gus was sprinting out of range at the first sign of offense. Frustrating fight, really.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Thank you for changing the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Weellllp mass shooting outside the Mandalay Bay.

• Locked thread