Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I prefer calling it the Nickelback of gaming. Everyone hates it but somehow it's still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Qmass posted:

Seems fine/good. Plays very much like other ground based cods. I skipped the last couple modern ones so it feels fresher again than someone that has been playing cod non-stop perhaps.

I have played plenty of mw2/3 + blops 1-3 and there is no way you can call this terrible if you like cod. This is the mcdonalds of gaming, you know what you are getting.

This is pretty much it. It's a CoD game and if you haven't played one in awhile you might enjoy it.

Lots of cheesy tactics like diving to the ground anytime you see an enemy. Prepare to get frustrated by try hards.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

widespread posted:

No Garand buff I see. Or is the Garand actually good this time around. Because I remember not liking the handling of the Garand back on PS4 beta.

It was already good.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm looking to play IW or blops3 tonight, will be on later goonfriends (revotfel)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

feverish and oversexed posted:

I'm looking to play IW or blops3 tonight, will be on later goonfriends (revotfel)

Alright. I can swing 9:30/10pm.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLuukI572Wg

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Popete posted:

This is pretty much it. It's a CoD game and if you haven't played one in awhile you might enjoy it.

Lots of cheesy tactics like diving to the ground anytime you see an enemy. Prepare to get frustrated by try hards.

Oh good, it's BF2 all over again.

So is the M1A1 good? That was my favorite in CoD2. Nobody used it and it gave you the fastest movement in the game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I wonder if the reason they've been putting so many WWII era guns into IW is a hedge for when Dubya Dubya Two players say, "gently caress this boring poo poo," and come back to jet packs off the ground... :tinfoil:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I wonder if the reason they've been putting so many WWII era guns into IW is a hedge for when Dubya Dubya Two players say, "gently caress this boring poo poo," and come back to jet packs off the ground... :tinfoil:

I think it's more of IW being creatively bankrupt and just throwing them in because they have no idea what the gently caress they're doing.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I like to think they're just practicing making everything pretty and detailed and visceral for when they remake MW1/2 and BLOPS like this, heh

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Oh good, it's BF2 all over again.

So is the M1A1 good? That was my favorite in CoD2. Nobody used it and it gave you the fastest movement in the game.

The Carbine is fun and good. Compared to the Garand it requires an extra shot to kill at close to mid range, but the high fire rate gives you more of a chance on these tiny maps plus it isn't heavily affected by aimpunch/flinch like the Garand is.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I like to think they're just practicing making everything pretty and detailed and visceral for when they remake MW1/2 and BLOPS like this, heh

They already remade COD4. They added micro transactions, ruined the spawns, and charged more for the dlc than it originally cost.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

They already remade COD4. They added micro transactions, ruined the spawns, and charged more for the dlc than it originally cost.

And used IW's netcode and tic-rate, until they gave in and gave it a slight bump up.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

I'm not sure if it's a loading, or some weird HDD issue, but my game has this sorta micro stutter that is really, really obnoxious. Game doesn't feel smooth even though it's running at 80+ FPS.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Try lowering your settings. I experienced the same thing on Extra everything even though I was over 150fps at times

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

And used IW's netcode and tic-rate, until they gave in and gave it a slight bump up.

IW's net code works just fine,* though?

*if you're in America

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
So after I launch the game after playing earlier I get this screen and it stops working.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This game seems pretty bad and not at all good in any of the ways World at War was. Tiny playercounts on tiny maps. At least it runs well.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Maybe it's just because I skipped the last like 4 CODs but this felt really fun. After playing Destiny 2's garbage PVP it felt fun to actually shoot a man and kill him. I only broke even for the most part but it seemed pretty fun. Like the Gibraltar map a lot, not as crazy about the Ardennes.

Will probably pick this up even though I'll probably just keep playing Destiny.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Maybe it's just because I skipped the last like 4 CODs but this felt really fun.

Same. The last CoD I played was MW2's free MP weekend. Before that it was way too many hours of 4. It's different in that everyone is zooming around, but still fun.

Not $60 fun, but I'll enjoy playing it some this weekend.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm pretty sure this game has now ruined my shotgun fetish in other games.

Other games simply don't have incendiary shotgun shells.

I'm going to have to buy this, aren't I?

gently caress.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I unlocked the underslung elephant gun for the Luftwaffe Drilling and holy poo poo it's the worst thing.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ardennes looks like it was cobbled together in 15 minutes on a whim. That map is a little underwhelming, but the other maps are alright. It's hard for me to hate on a game that has a silenced Grease Gun in it...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I kind of hate every map in this so far- However, gently caress everyone who wanted to take the series 'back to its roots' we could have had Advanced Warfare 2 instead of this, you braindead cocksuckers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The division stuff is kinda neat though.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
War mode is a ton of fun, especially with the incendiary shotgun. Is there any chance that it will have a decent playerbase on PC?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Hackan Slash posted:

Excited to not buy this game again this year.

OP still better than the game, although I do miss the pulled pork picture. It looked delicious.

If only Activision could make a game as good as the OP.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I kind of hate every map in this so far- However, gently caress everyone who wanted to take the series 'back to its roots' we could have had Advanced Warfare 2 instead of this, you braindead cocksuckers

"We're tired of jetpacks and supply drops and the future sucks!"

goes to world war 2- an era that has been mined the gently caress out by cod- with even worse supply drops

Now that I think about it, I haven't tried Advanced Warfare 1 at all. Looks hella cool somehow.

Yes it me, the guy who liked the look of Ghosts

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Popelmon posted:

War mode is a ton of fun, especially with the incendiary shotgun. Is there any chance that it will have a decent playerbase on PC?

No. There is never a chance that CoD PC has a player base.

It's not quite Lawbreakers bad, but it's usually a few hundred at most.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you think Ghosts is good then you are a cool and good person.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Any cod that lets my dumbass get the nuke/moab/whatever is a bad cod.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Not buying this game but I'm having enough fun with the beta. I've not played a CoD since Blops1 so not having that burnout is probably a big contributing factor to enjoying the game. Loving the unironic STEAM reviews raging about being able to be a black woman.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've already run into a couple aimbotters in the beta Jesus Christ. No wonder the PC playerbase always dies.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haven't played a CoD since the first Blops and I missed the console beta. Most of the criticism I've seen so far is that it's just like every other CoD, so assuming I barely remember what that even means and I'm not burnt out on it, is it fun?

I've been getting most of my FPS fix from Battlefield 1, which I'm still having fun with, but I am oddly kinda ready to play a WW2 shooter again. I know CoD is way twitchier than BF and has insanely low ttk, so I'm slightly worried that teenager reflexes have atrophied to the point that I'll just be getting mercilessly slaughtered nonstop, but the new modes look interesting and the dedicated servers + high tick rate sounds very enticing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haven't played a CoD since the first Blops and I missed the console beta. Most of the criticism I've seen so far is that it's just like every other CoD, so assuming I barely remember what that even means and I'm not burnt out on it, is it fun?

I've been getting most of my FPS fix from Battlefield 1, which I'm still having fun with, but I am oddly kinda ready to play a WW2 shooter again. I know CoD is way twitchier than BF and has insanely low ttk, so I'm slightly worried that teenager reflexes have atrophied to the point that I'll just be getting mercilessly slaughtered nonstop, but the new modes look interesting and the dedicated servers + high tick rate sounds very enticing.

I've actually found the opposite, as an aged 34 year old. The low ttk means that if I play smart, flank, and get the drop on people, I can kill them much more easily. In other fps games, even if I get the drop on people, they can do some crazy 360 no scope bullshit and turn it around on me.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

DrNutt posted:

I've already run into a couple aimbotters in the beta Jesus Christ. No wonder the PC playerbase always dies.

Remember when we had servers and admins that could ban people immediately rather than after weeks?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

No. There is never a chance that CoD PC has a player base.

It's not quite Lawbreakers bad, but it's usually a few hundred at most.

Blops 3 sits at 2-3,000 most days. Maybe because it's good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Remember when we had servers and admins that were crouch only and would ban you immediately for not playing their way?

Fixed for what CoD servers eventually devolved into. :newlol:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Rare to not run into a blatant cheater game. In hindsight, what did I expect from a free to play beta of call of duty?

Incendiary shotguns still fun. Clunky forced menu interface and intermission is bother me now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Xenaero posted:

Rare to not run into a blatant cheater game. In hindsight, what did I expect from a free to play beta of call of duty?

Incendiary shotguns still fun. Clunky forced menu interface and intermission is bother me now, though.

Weird. I definitely ran in to a couple, but it was like 2 in over three hours of playtime, didn't seem terribly widespread.

• Locked thread