Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sarcastastic posted:

Conversely, if it tells you to not kill anything, Rhino is a bad idea because on my way out of the level, the ground pound killed a maggot or something and screwed me.

Careful about bullet jumping it does damage too. Usually not enough by itself to kill something but can detonate barrels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm real confused/infuriated by my current riven as well. 12 kills in a row while wall clinging/ wall running, no touching the floor or raising alarms. Sounds simple right? I'm on Loki, raining fire downs on crowds with the ignis or lenz and not a single kill is actually counting. What the gently caress? Maybe I need to switch off capture missions? Next try I'll consider the lua crossfire, that ought to give plenty of crowds.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm real confused/infuriated by my current riven as well. 12 kills in a row while wall clinging/ wall running, no touching the floor or raising alarms. Sounds simple right? I'm on Loki, raining fire downs on crowds with the ignis or lenz and not a single kill is actually counting. What the gently caress? Maybe I need to switch off capture missions? Next try I'll consider the lua crossfire, that ought to give plenty of crowds.

Yeah the one I mentioned has been a real pissoff. Level 30 survival or higher, complete mission with no kills and decaying key. Ran it twice with a friend. Is he not supposed to get kills? I dunno, but I failed both those times (though the first run had the one kill at the end from either bullet jump or ground pound so who knows)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sarcastastic posted:

Yeah the one I mentioned has been a real pissoff. Level 30 survival or higher, complete mission with no kills and decaying key. Ran it twice with a friend. Is he not supposed to get kills? I dunno, but I failed both those times (though the first run had the one kill at the end from either bullet jump or ground pound so who knows)

Nope no kills from anyone. Gotta just run around hitting lotus life support pods then run straight for the exit.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Reminder that you have to have the riven equipped in order for to fulfill the riven conditions. You don't actually have to use the gun it's on, I had a pistol riven with conditions like that wall clinging one Raptor is talking about and just wall clinged with Loki and a Some Prime during a Saturn defense and got it opened up asap.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sarcastastic posted:

Yeah I've had to do yours before as well. Went loki with long duration invis and just smashed all the containers. Finally did this one too, Lua crossfire got it for me. I think it wasn't letting me get credit after completing the objective. Or taking down the target counted as an alarm, I quickly found out that defense and mobile defense auto fail you,

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Raptor1033 posted:

I like to go to Akkad with Ember for that one. Just turn on World on Fire and wall cling along a flat wall, hop along the wall to regain your wall-cling stamina as needed until you complete the mission.

Although I've never seen it where you cant activate alarms, and I think Defense missions automatically fail those... Give ember a try in something else then I suppose, where you can kill enemies before they even set off the alarm.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Anything that isn't just no deaths I always do with limbo.

I wish limbo was more useful in actual gameplay but it's just so slow and tedious to get things into the rift that you're better off just being invincible with nidus or anything else.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Just finished The Second Dream. Holy poo poo!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I was able to do a couple of rivens at the same time recently: 20 kills in a row without touching the ground, and sustain a 3x combo for 30 seconds with the hobbled dragon key. Both were really easy on infested survival with Loki.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

TheMostFrench posted:

I was able to do a couple of rivens at the same time recently: 20 kills in a row without touching the ground, and sustain a 3x combo for 30 seconds with the hobbled dragon key. Both were really easy on infested survival with Loki.

You can easily do the combo one by attacking Kuva turrets or a siphon while invisible. It registers the hits so you can just take your Ivara and spam melee on it till you get your riven unlocked.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

randombattle posted:

Anything that isn't just no deaths I always do with limbo.

I wish limbo was more useful in actual gameplay but it's just so slow and tedious to get things into the rift that you're better off just being invincible with nidus or anything else.

One of the goons built Limbo exclusively around 4 and cast time reduction. Doing Hydron felt like a rave with gratuitous strobe light but everything died immediately. It was almost like playing with an Ember.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Kryopsis posted:

One of the goons built Limbo exclusively around 4 and cast time reduction. Doing Hydron felt like a rave with gratuitous strobe light but everything died immediately. It was almost like playing with an Ember.

The only way to play Limbo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kryopsis posted:

Rhino Stomp is just as good.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I was on a Hydron team centered around a Loki using Irradiated Disarm and the Zenistar disc. was more effective than I figured it would be.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I personally don't find it that bad to just hang in the rift, then leave and press 1 when I find a bunch of people close together, leave a bunch of floating explosives on them, repeat. You can even use the 3 to get extra guys in the rift if they crowd around, the main thing that bothers me is that sometimes the rift particles get stuck on enemies even when they aren't rifted.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Rhino Stomp is just as good.

Rhino stomp doesn't deal percentile maximum HP damage.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Alright just hit mastery 4 for the first time and it was strongly advised by several people I start working on a Hek, Ignis, and something else but I've forgot. What are some other good options for MR 4?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Murvin posted:

Alright just hit mastery 4 for the first time and it was strongly advised by several people I start working on a Hek, Ignis, and something else but I've forgot. What are some other good options for MR 4?

MR 5 here and I have nothing but praise for the Hek, it's excellent for running around and quickly dispatching small groups of enemies. The Boltor is a great rifle for mowing down hoards during defense or survival missions. The Lex is a good Pistol/Sniper Rifle. If you can get good at melee slide attacks, the Dual Zorens will turn you into a lawnmower. If you're feeling ambitious (and lucky) you can try farming the Stalker and stealing his bow, The Dread, which is insanely good and relatively easy to build.

The problem is, in order to keep raising your mastery rank you'll need to keep leveling up new weapons, which means your favorites will be gathering dust once they hit rank 30. A lot of the weapons that get recommended are either locked by mastery rank, or require materials that aren't available early on. Like my Sonicor blueprint that requires me to farm thousands of plastids. :psypop: Or the Ignis, which requires Detonite Injectors, shitloads of Nano Spores, and a Forma. None of this is easy to get as a new player. Fortunately, there's a bunch of crappy weapons that are on sale for credits in the market, no build time or materials required. Buy them, level them, and scrap them. Using lovely guns will make the endless resource farming slightly more interesting, and make you appreciate good weapons all the more.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 2, 2017

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

S.D. posted:

I was on a Hydron team centered around a Loki using Irradiated Disarm and the Zenistar disc. was more effective than I figured it would be.

Don't use Irradiate if you want it faster. Also, someone should bring a Fastnova to make it even faster.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Murvin posted:

SONICOR and you can beg for a lex prime but it's mastery 5. There are a TON of totally common primes kicking around these days so feel free to just straight up ask for those sets in clan chat, Lex, Bronco, Braton, Burston, Paris and more I just give them away to newbies for free. Bronco got a recent buff and Paris has always been solid. The braton and burston might not be particularly good but they are fun and not a total waste of a newbie potato.

Avulsion posted:

MR 5 here and I have nothing but praise for the Hek, it's excellent for running around and quickly dispatching small groups of enemies. The Boltor is a great rifle for mowing down hoards during defense or survival missions. The Lex is a good Pistol/Sniper Rifle. If you can get good at melee slide attacks, the Dual Zorens will turn you into a lawnmower. If you're feeling ambitious (and lucky) you can try farming the Stalker and stealing his bow, The Dread, which is insanely good and relatively easy to build.

The problem is, in order to keep raising your mastery rank you'll need to keep leveling up new weapons, which means your favorites will be gathering dust once they hit rank 30. A lot of the weapons that get recommended are either locked by mastery rank, or require materials that aren't available early on. Like my Sonicor blueprint that requires me to farm thousands of plastids. :psypop: Or the Ignis, which requires Detonite Injectors, shitloads of Nano Spores, and a Forma. None of this is easy to get as a new player. Fortunately, there's a bunch of crappy weapons that are on sale for credits in the market, no build time or materials required. Buy them, level them, and scrap them. Using lovely guns will make the endless resource farming slightly more interesting, and make you appreciate good weapons all the more.
Everyone always wants to farm plastids. Just shout that you want to make a plastids group and you'll get at least one other person, which is all it takes, and as a newbie you'll get a ton of credits and stuff that helps tangentially. You can even just straight up beg for an index carry and crank out a half million credits pretty easily.

Washout fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 2, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Plastids are on Saturn and MR5 is right about where you need to start also farming O cells for Primes anyway I think.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i'm playing this game and i have the infestation-something-or-other warframe and it owns

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
Thanks for the heads up guys. I can always rely on this thread to point me in the right direction.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Kryopsis posted:

Rhino stomp doesn't deal percentile maximum HP damage.

It doesn't need to, it's strong enough to be used in a berehynia setup if built right.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

It doesn't need to, it's strong enough to be used in a berehynia setup if built right.

When I need Meso Relics I just dust him off and drag him for 10 rounds of Io. I get my relics, people are happy they get to level stuff

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Can someone explain this magical Limbo instagib 4 build? Maybe it will help soothe my hatred of top-hat-man.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

applied to the clan and just started with excaliber, game owns. i just killed vor, should I just keep going and clearing points on the map?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

queeb posted:

applied to the clan and just started with excaliber, game owns. i just killed vor, should I just keep going and clearing points on the map?

Yes. Opening all the nodes on a planet is good, but in the beginning you'll benefit more from opening junctions. They each have different requirements, iirc the ones for Earth are super simple.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

queeb posted:

The general Arc for new players is to unlock junctions through Saturn. This will get you access to all resources that you need, but much more importantly introduce you to nearly all major mechanics and will probably give you a good idea of what goals you want.

At a more micro level, you'll want to get showered with clan goodies, build rhino and hek, and work on getting good at the mobility part of the game.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Can someone explain this magical Limbo instagib 4 build? Maybe it will help soothe my hatred of top-hat-man.

Tips and tricks. The longer you let it run the more bonus damage you get, but the smaller the radius. Also if you spam 4 and just keep clapping, it'll causes epileptic seizures and also does a ton of damage over a huge radius. It will also drag other limbos out of their Riftwalk and thats hilarious.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The bonus damage (not the initial hit) maxes at 10% of the enemy's health and I THINK it is based on remaining health not max.

Letting the bubble collapse hits them for 300 nonscaling impact damage.

I was playing around with it a bit and I got similar results with Nezha Divine Spears and Rhino Stomp.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Thanks for sharing the build. I don't have all of the mods but I'll definitely give it a shot!

Brainbread posted:

It will also drag other limbos out of their Riftwalk and thats hilarious.

Nothing funny about that. :smith:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The bonus damage (not the initial hit) maxes at 10% of the enemy's health and I THINK it is based on remaining health not max.

Letting the bubble collapse hits them for 300 nonscaling impact damage.

I was playing around with it a bit and I got similar results with Nezha Divine Spears and Rhino Stomp.

I'm going over the Warframe wiki article about Limbo's abilities and there is crucial information missing. A lot of people have expressed their annoyance at the poor ability descriptions and general lack of important information available from within the game client but it's remarkable that it's still not addressed.

Kryopsis fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 2, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I'm home today so I just tested it out. It appears there is a small amount of nonscaling damage every time the enemy comes into and out of the rift, on top of the initial powerscaling damage for cataclysm.

If the bubble perimeter moves past them they pop out of the rift and only take a small amount of nonscaling damage.

If the bubble duration hits 0 and pops with them inside it they take the damage for coming out of the rift, AND 10% of their remaining health as damage, which also is subject to armor reduction.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: the bubble collapse damage is actually based on how many enemies are in the bubble when it collapses

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 2, 2017

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Edit: the bubble collapse damage is actually based on how many enemies are in the bubble when it collapses

So, just keep clapping real real fast fast then.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brainbread posted:

So, just keep clapping real real fast fast then.

They thought of that. You only get a % of damage based on how long they're in the bubble. The numbers are a little wonky and hard to figure out. That's why I sort of prefer other frames for murdering and Limbo for mobile defense and excavations, but it is fun.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Starting to get interested in raids but a guide somewhere listed just a handful of frames as "raid viable". Is this just dumb tryhard pubbie talk or is raid content actually challenging?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Electrophotonic posted:

Starting to get interested in raids but a guide somewhere listed just a handful of frames as "raid viable". Is this just dumb tryhard pubbie talk or is raid content actually challenging?

There's a few frames that you really want to have along on raids (like irradiating disarm loki, afaik-- it's been a while) but once you've got those in your party you can pretty much bring anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Electrophotonic posted:

Actually Challenging in the same way pulling out healthy teeth is Actually Challenging. I mean, sure, you can do it. But why.