Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Just lol if you watch this year's President's Cup. It's gonna be a drubbing, could even be 20-10.

No need for condescension, plus USA only has a 2 pt lead right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

No need for condescension, plus USA only has a 2 pt lead right now.
Not meant to be condescending, just saying this year's event is about as exciting as the Solheim Cup.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
zzzzZZZZzzzzz on golf until Kapalua in January.

I hope the :vuvu: :australia: win just to irritate the Trumpstaffel.... :sad:.

I don't even give a poo poo about playing right now let alone watching....even though the weather is finally under 100.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 29, 2017

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Keyser_Soze posted:

zzzzZZZZzzzzz on golf until Kapaula in January.

I don't even give a poo poo about playing right now let alone watching....even though the weather is finally under 100.

Same, President's cup just doesn't do anything for me.

My next round will be in Hilton Head in 2 weeks, super stoked. I'm gonna hafta hit the range a few times after work next week so I don't go out there and embarrass myself though.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My league is pretty much done for the year and I'm way out of it, but I still have a match play final four I made it in to, so I'm just resting my back until then.

It's weird, I usually burn out in September each year but this year I've just lost all motivation to spend an hour going to/from the driving range at least once per week to stay decent and then spending 8+ hrs prepping, driving to, playing Saturday rounds and driving home. :smith:

I think I'm ready for old man play 9 with a pushcart early in the morning 2x per week and don't keep score golf. :corsair:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Currently without irons, trying to wait for a good deal on a used set. No golf for the foreseeable future. :smith:

Short story about PGA Superstore. When I had them measure the 6 iron of the Titleist 716 MB I had for a week, the guy was like, "it's 30*, spot on."

I told him the spec loft of the iron is 31*, to which he replied that he was surprised it wasn't actually stronger since it's a newer club. Bitch does this look like a TaylorMade shovel to you? If I had dropped off the club with instructions to restore the lofts to standard, I probably would have gotten back a 27* club. :fuckoff:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihU025nGlIY

Life is now imitating art

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 30, 2017

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Just lol if you watch this year's President's Cup. It's gonna be a drubbing, could even be 20-10.

It might actually be worse than that. The US can clinch today.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

It might actually be worse than that. The US can clinch today.
If that happens, they should do something crazy for the singles tomorrow like playing with your opponent's clubs.

What, you think that'll make a mockery of the event? You mean the event that's clearly a cash grab exhibition?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

US just won two matches, leading in the other two.

:smugdon:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Josh Lyman posted:

If that happens, they should do something crazy for the singles tomorrow like playing with your opponent's clubs.

What, you think that'll make a mockery of the event? You mean the event that's clearly a cash grab exhibition?

Can't happen. The "others" are one up with one to play, so best case a push, for a 15-2 1/2 lead, making tomorrow necessary.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Jesus, imagine the trash talk Hoffman and Chappell are gonna hear in the team room for choking AND forcing someone to give a poo poo and play tomorrow.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Kameh posted:

Jesus, imagine the trash talk Hoffman and Chappell are gonna hear in the team room for choking AND forcing someone to give a poo poo and play tomorrow.

I suspect no one will still give a poo poo tomorrow. It could be "wacky golf hijinks!"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

torgeaux posted:

I suspect no one will still give a poo poo tomorrow. It could be "wacky golf hijinks!"

Phil plays off of like a 2 right handed. He should do it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Shrapnig posted:

Phil plays off of like a 2 right handed. He should do it.

He did once tee off on a par 3 with a putter in collegiate competition.

And, it's over. 2 up with 2 to play in one match, and the US needs 1/2 point.

edit: And as soon as I posted, he won the match.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 1, 2017

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I don't know about other countries but the President's Cup is a relatively big deal when they hold it here in Australia. The two tournaments at Royal Melbourne have been hugely attended and shown on free to air TV. Hell, the World Cup of Golf can sometimes be a big deal here (I went when Day/Scott won it). You still see highlight reels of Craig Parry's chip in against Tiger from '98 (The only International win) on generic sports/golf shows.

I'm hoping to go in two years when it's back here.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spamman posted:

I don't know about other countries but the President's Cup is a relatively big deal when they hold it here in Australia. The two tournaments at Royal Melbourne have been hugely attended and shown on free to air TV. Hell, the World Cup of Golf can sometimes be a big deal here (I went when Day/Scott won it). You still see highlight reels of Craig Parry's chip in against Tiger from '98 (The only International win) on generic sports/golf shows.

I'm hoping to go in two years when it's back here.
You guys had the AFL Grand Final this weekend too. Surely that trumps the President's Cup.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

You guys had the AFL Grand Final this weekend too. Surely that trumps the President's Cup.

Well yeah but that trumps everything. We had a grand final public holiday on the Friday before the game (which is on Saturday).

But as golf goes I think it's probably the biggest thing we have, particularly now the Australian masters is gone.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This, this is amazing

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGamZEazEGj

Press conf after Pres Cup.

DJ is looooooong gone stoned and/or drunk lol

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
My buddy posted this picture of himself from the tournament and regardless of your political affiliations this is the kind of photo you print and keep forever.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Went to the range today and hit every Drive with a snap hook worm burner that was just the worst shot ever. Such a bad feeling and now I have a scramble to play tonight.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

This, this is amazing

LOL DJ roasting Spieth while wasted.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

LOL DJ roasting Spieth while wasted.

And he was soooooooooo wasted lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

This, this is amazing

This is a half hour of drunken gold.

21:30 in Rex Tillerson calls out DJ, DJ responds, "Really, why?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

This, this is amazing

Pro timecoded click https://www.pscp.tv/PGATOUR/1yNGamZEazEGj?t=27m38s

Hilarious that Jordan "Golden Boy" Spieth has lost all 5 singles matches in the Ryder/President's Cups he's played in.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 3, 2017

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I went to my buddy's house for dinner last night and when I walked in he handed me his Caddy's Bib from the President's Cup that he had Patrick and Jordan sign. It's awesome. I can't wait to get it framed.

He also said Chappell's caddy passed out in the hotel hallway Sunday night before they could ever even make it to the club they were going to and that DJ was so trashed by 7 o'clock that Paulina made him go back to the hotel room instead of going out. He also says Paulina has 2 nannies for their kid and 1 nanny for their dogs which seems excessive but I'll never have that much money so who knows.

Overall he said it was a great time, not as exciting as the Ryder Cup for obvious reasons but that it was a lot of fun. He said it was so boring on Saturday that DJ's brother (his caddy) was betting on football games during the round.

I'll post pics of the bib when I get it all framed. Not sure where I'm going to put it and my flag in my new apartment yet but we'll see.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I bought a used Ping G 6 hybrid. I like it a lot.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Tiger given the all clear for full swings. Look out Champions Tour!!!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Ksigs!

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sig...1&storeId=10301

pmac
Jun 12, 2007

Halo14 posted:

Tiger given the all clear for full swings. Look out back surgeons!!!

Fixed that for ya :(

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I just bought some chromesofts the other day but I still ordered two of the ksigs anyway. I'll just save them for next year I guess.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is very tempting, especially now that I have a Costco card, but my udnerstanding is their closer to a Chrome Soft than a Pro V1x, and I already have 66 Pro V1x's sitting around.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

This is very tempting, especially now that I have a Costco card, but my udnerstanding is their closer to a Chrome Soft than a Pro V1x, and I already have 66 Pro V1x's sitting around.

I mean can you beat 75 for 4 dozen on that anyway?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Members only this time :(

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
What drivers y'all got?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Homestar Runner posted:

What drivers y'all got?

A Ping Anser lefty that I scooped at my local used store for 50 bucks.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

What drivers y'all got?

Nike vapor fly pro

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

What drivers y'all got?

Cobra King F6+

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Nike Sasquatch sumo2. It came with a set of clubs I got off eBay for like $80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Taylormade Burner from 2009 or so. I could probably up the stiffness of the shaft but its pretty sweet nevertheless