Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Weellllp mass shooting outside the Mandalay Bay.

it's time to get rid of usada, if gleison tibau was there he could have stopped them all and got joe rogan to say he won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's time to get rid of usada, if gleison tibau was there he could have stopped them all and got joe rogan to say he won

Well that, and I'm wondering if they'll postpone the card that's happening in 5 days.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Well that, and I'm wondering if they'll postpone the card that's happening in 5 days.

Since the guy got killed I doubt it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Since the guy got killed I doubt it

You're probably right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd imagine it would depend more on the progress of the police investigation more than anything, and I can't imagine that would take so long as to stop public transit through the area on Saturday.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

CommonShore posted:

Nothing stops. Nothing... or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been hosed by a train! And the library? Gone... sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jay z's sedan posted:

Nothing stops. Nothing... or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been hosed by a train! And the library? Gone... sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?

This is the most lucid post you've ever made.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
First comment here is glorious.

https://twitter.com/JohnyHendricks/status/914630326726643712

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

:lol:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
First off I'd like to say RIP to the victims of the deadliest spree shooting in American history, second I'd like to say I hope this doesn't impact me watching lightweights fight in glorious 480p on a Russian stream while I post "uhhhh nice tattoos IDIOT" in the game day thread.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
I was planning to go to UFC 216. Wouldn't think the shooting would it effect it beyond there being additional security. Not much you can do about somebody unloading on a crowd from a hotel balcony anyway. Really sucks for everybody effected by the shooting.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

chaleski posted:

lmao what a loving kook

Shut up before I ankle pick you.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
[quote="“Work Friend Keven”" post="“476977529”"]
First off I’d like to say RIP to the victims of the deadliest spree shooting in American history, second I’d like to say I hope this doesn’t impact me watching lightweights fight in glorious 480p on a Russian stream while I post “uhhhh nice tattoos IDIOT” in the game day thread.
[/quote]

Lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

http://twitter.com/JohnyHendricks/status/914898119673790468

johny has changed his stance

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

rofl

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

First off I'd like to say RIP to the victims of the deadliest spree shooting in American history, second I'd like to say I hope this doesn't impact me watching lightweights fight in glorious 480p on a Russian stream while I post "uhhhh nice tattoos IDIOT" in the game day thread.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Work Friend Keven posted:

UFC is worse than esports and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Just gonna quote this all over again now that the MDI is over. I hope that someday in my lifetime I will see a UFC title fight as good as that final series was.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ad by Khad posted:

Just gonna quote this all over again now that the MDI is over. I hope that someday in my lifetime I will see a UFC title fight as good as that final series was.

shut up

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Loser takes winner's name :ohdear:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If Kevin wins this weekend the lightweight division gets real weird. I can't imagine Conor fighting a nobody like Kevin Lee and I'm pretty sure Kevin would get loving murdered. I don't know what to make of Khalabeeb waiting in the wings either

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
If Tony wins, he can fight Conor. If Kevin wins, he fights khabib, loses and then we get a few glorious months of conor and khabib throwing insults at each other.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gay Horney posted:

I don't know what to make of Khalabeeb waiting in the wings either

I personally think he'd have a better chance of fighting at lightweight if he skipped the wings.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Has there ever been a main event in the UFC where the favorite comes in and easily smashes rounds 1 and 2, loses a close round 3, loses an even closer round 4 after a shocking scramble at the bell, and then proceeds to win most of round 5 before losing the decision to the underdog in the final minute?

Because hell, I'd watch that fight.

I'll make it even easier: has there ever been a main event/title fight in the UFC where somebody wins rounds 1 and 2 and then loses the next three?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ad by Khad posted:

Has there ever been a main event in the UFC where the favorite comes in and easily smashes rounds 1 and 2, loses a close round 3, loses an even closer round 4 after a shocking scramble at the bell, and then proceeds to win most of round 5 before losing the decision to the underdog in the final minute?

I'll make it even easier: has there ever been a main event/title fight in the UFC where somebody wins rounds 1 and 2 and then loses the next three?

Hahaha haha haha don't post

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

you dont really sound like you actually wanna hear an answer, but silva vs bisping is one relatively recent fight that happened like that

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I.N.R.I posted:

you dont really sound like you actually wanna hear an answer, but silva vs bisping is one relatively recent fight that happened like that

Thanks, I will actually check that one out

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

sounds like robbie lawler vs hendricks 2, vs macdonald 2 and vs. condit also

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ad by Khad posted:

Check out Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Cláudia Gadelha from The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale from last July. Gadelha took the first two rounds comfortably 10-9, lost the third 9-10 and was then smashed up for two rounds.

FightPass link here if you've got it.

More recently, Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker is basically the same blueprint and features an incredibly savvy and well-paced effort from Whittaker.

Link here.

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 3, 2017

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

If Kevin wins this weekend the lightweight division gets real weird. I can't imagine Conor fighting a nobody like Kevin Lee and I'm pretty sure Kevin would get loving murdered. I don't know what to make of Khalabeeb waiting in the wings either

i think kevin could cause problems for conor if he could get him down. and he would have a five-inch reach advantage on him, which is pretty crazy given how much reach conor has for LW. and Lee seems like a good guy to hype up a fight with Conor if he got a big stage. i'd like to see him or khabib next more than diaz or ferguson, although any of those four fights would be good. gaethje's up there with them too.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Glover vs Gus fight was one sided as gently caress but Gus still made harder work of it than he needed to. Teixeira was clearly outmatched from the get go and Gus was sprinting out of range at the first sign of offense. Frustrating fight, really.

I have a theory about Gus' habit of running, that it's a bait. It looks awkward and weird, like a lot of Gus' footwork, and so people think they've got an opening, chasing him. They're actually just wandering into his range, which he sets pretty accurately.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Ad by Khad posted:

yeah to add on, lawler-mcdonald is like this. mcgregor-diaz 2 is also similar

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
also woodley / thompson one and two.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Any fights where an obese Korean sits in a chair and slowly boringly beats a obese Korean with glasses?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

Any fights where an obese Korean sits in a chair and slowly boringly beats a obese Korean with glasses?

lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I've seen more than enough of Tim Sylvia to know what an obese sadbrain looks like slowly boringly beating somebody.

edit: excuse me, two-time UFC champion Tim Sylvia

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ad by Khad posted:

Yoel Romero/Robert Whitaker pretty recently

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ad by Khad posted:

two-time UFC champion Tim Sylvia

trashweight.txt

poo poo, someone must have the link to the thread that someone wrote about how bad Heavyweight has been in MMA. Post'em if you got'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Derrick Lewis' main motivation to beat Fabricio Werdum is to get revenge because he couldn't eat junk food while training.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/62375-derrick-lewis-plans-to-punish-fabricio-werdum-he-made-me-miss-the-mcrib

• Locked thread