Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

got the potstickers but i think the normal prep is kinda boring... i boil them in chicken broth with some soy sauce and pepper, hit them with a little vinegar when they're done, then eat it as a dumpling soup... pan frying them to make gyoza is pretty good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They have brought out the pumpkin streusel muffins and boy, am I now fat as gently caress eating just one. So messy. So good. So... 750 calories.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I got a Sherpa throw for my wife today PBUC

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I went today, which was foolish. But I haven't restocked the freezer since before Hurricane Irma hit us, over three weeks ago, and we were out of lots of stuff. I bought a four-pack of ground turkey, a two-pack of ground bison, a pack of eight lamb loin chops (divided into two bags of four each to freeze), and a two-pack of Kirkland thick-cut bacon, plus a 40-pack of Carnation chocolate instant beverage mix for my wife, and a thing of spicy ahi tuna poke for a quick snack tonight.

I couldn't even get near the gas pumps, much less the food court. Normally I go at night after work, and today reminded me of why.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Garcin posted:

Please experience the crab-stuffed salmon at least once in your life. It's so incredible.

:stare: I want it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Spoondick posted:

got the potstickers but i think the normal prep is kinda boring... i boil them in chicken broth with some soy sauce and pepper, hit them with a little vinegar when they're done, then eat it as a dumpling soup... pan frying them to make gyoza is pretty good too

Not sure I'm on board with this but I'll give it a try.

So glad they got Ling Ling back though. Had them for lunch today (steam then fry) and hot drat I am a happy man.

Also my soon to be ex wife just got a job at Costco, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mons Hubris posted:

I got a Sherpa throw for my wife today PBUC

Good luck ever getting her out from under there. Gone forever into its embrace.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Went to the 'co and got a roast chicken, some ground turkey and some rolls to make some sandwiches to take to the ball game. Grapes too. Love Costco green grapes.

Passed on the kbbq pork jerky this time because it's just got so much sugar :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

How you gonna close at 6:00 on Saturday? I need some frozen yogurt and Kim Crawford wine

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Costco employees deserve to have an early day off to have Sunday dinner with their families

PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's Saturday

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Oops, I must have subconsciously read Sunday since my 'Stco only closes at 6 on Sundays.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got here at 10 am, in and out in 30 minutes, $185 spent.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco wrung another 2.5 mil in tax breaks from our city by threatening to build in another city but luckily the council caved and we are for sure getting a Costco finally (with car wash) praise be capitalism and praise be Costco.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

One does not simply refuse Costco

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

FCKGW posted:

Costco wrung another 2.5 mil in tax breaks from our city by threatening to build in another city but luckily the council caved and we are for sure getting a Costco finally (with car wash) praise be capitalism and praise be Costco.

lol that youre happy about that

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Got cartjacked at costco today, already had a couple items in it too. I guess someone just decided they too wanted milk, jarlsberg, and those thin margherita pizzas. Was just stopping to look at those nature's bakery fig bars on sale, and politely put my cart off around the side that least affected traffic while I read the box, and them blamo someone had just absconded with our carefully picked goodies. I've had people occasionally put things in my cart, realize their mistake, and take it out, but we even looked around for a bit, whoever took it booked it off to the other side of the store immediately and kept it.

Ended up still being worth the trip tho, that jarslberg is on a real good sale (if you get the smallest wedge you can find) and celebration cracker collection is fantastic on sale, normally the cracker packs inside them are like 2+ dollars and you get 5 for 5.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155788334337299&id=175286417298

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

lol that youre happy about that

Well the options were give the tax breaks and keep them or they literally move across the street to the shopping center in another city and we still shop there but get no revenue.

They're the anchor for the whole shopping center they're worth more than 2 mil to the city in the long range

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dangerous Minority posted:

They pay me 13 bucks an hour to push carts around a parking lot and put stuff in boxes for people. That's pretty neat.

I used to work there, they treat their employees well aside from usual shift shenanigans for part time employees.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

What's the deal with all the coats at the co?

They're all ladies. The wife got a nice Kirkland one, and now I want one. Just not in the ladies cut.

Literally all the coats in the shop were ladies. Not a men's rack to be seen.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Women get cold easier, my GF got her a Sherpa and her and cat are in love, I started sweating and felt sick, it's not cold enough yet.

I will plan on layering later but end up screwed when she triple layers blankets on the Sherpa in winter somehow.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Women get cold easier, my GF got her a Sherpa and her and cat are in love, I started sweating and felt sick, it's not cold enough yet.

I will plan on layering later but end up screwed when she triple layers blankets on the Sherpa in winter somehow.

:biotruths:
Here in Florida Costco has this weird thing where some stuff that gets sold up north gets sold down here, like a bunch of those '32 Degree HEAT' things. Nobody in Florida actively goes and looks for long johns and warm underwear Costco what are you doing.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Garcin posted:

Please experience the crab-stuffed salmon at least once in your life. It's so incredible.

No joke this is worth your membership alone. It's not super cheap but daaaamn if it's not delicious. Then again, each one should be like 2 meals.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The local 'co (I got three within about 10 minutes driving distance) started selling Kirkland Sangria.

God drat PBUC because that thing should be sacrament wine prior to any good Dog Trip.

naem
May 29, 2011

My Costco had a giant display of size medium grey wool peacoats (fancy Calvin Klein ones) for like 5 years

Only medium though

Nice coat but it weirded me out after a couple years. Why only medium

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FCKGW posted:

If it makes you feel better sports teams do this for way more money and way less benefits back to you.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Hit the co for some sherpa blankets and now it's magically 85 degrees

And a berry sundae 🙏

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

COMRADES posted:

If it makes you feel better sports teams do this for way more money and way less benefits back to you.

You should see what that piece of poo poo Scott Walker did to us. We just got a $3 billion dollar bill for a single foreign company who had suicide nets on their buildings for jobs that may or may not even come!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALi82vwDow

First 5 seconds of this video

and the last 10 seconds

that's all you need to watch

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 2, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

COMRADES posted:

Yeah i'm not too upset about it. We're a small but fast-growing city that's running out of free land and our neighbour city is expanding super fast so our city needs to lock some big names to the last remaining parcels in the city or they will literally build across the street in another town that's 4x our size and we see none of the long-term tax benefits.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

FCKGW posted:

Yeah i'm not too upset about it. We're a small but fast-growing city that's running out of free land and our neighbour city is expanding super fast so our city needs to lock some big names to the last remaining parcels in the city or they will literally build across the street in another town that's 4x our size and we see none of the long-term tax benefits.

what area of the country/world are you in?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

and the last 10 seconds

I... want to make ropa vieja. A large quanity of ropa vieja.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

and the last 10 seconds

you know you're a baller when you got not one but two dishwashers in your kitchen

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
I just came back from Costco and got a fuckton of vitamins on the cheap. Hell yeah.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

and the last 10 seconds

My local butcher is actually cheaper than Costco on most meats. I get delicious ribeye cap for $6.99 a pound while the 'co wants $18.99. I've gotten similar deals on brisket, while pork shoulder is always cheaper at Costco.

I know it's a sin, but don't just take it for granted that every meat is cheaper at Costco. Shop around.

The downside of the local butcher is no dog/drink for $1.50

GBoat
Dec 4, 2008
Hello there, Costco EXECUTIVE MEMBER™ here, checking in to say that I have scoured the earth from end to end searching for great deals. I am happy to report that the Costco Hot Dog and a Drink combo for one and a half United States Dollars remains the greatest deal on this planet.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

GBoat posted:

Hello there, Costco EXECUTIVE MEMBER™ here, checking in to say that I have scoured the earth from end to end searching for great deals. I am happy to report that the Costco Hot Dog and a Drink combo for one and a half United States Dollars remains the greatest deal on this planet.

:hellyeah:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

what area of the country/world are you in?

SoCal, inland empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
going to costco in about an hr, need to pickup 4 bags of the funhouse candy for halloween :spooky:

(also to kill myself with diabetes, but mostly for halloween)