Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The various improved source ports of Doom added intentional portal effects many years back, so WADs meant for those engines like ZDoom have bee using them for a while. The interesting thing with this portal effect here is that it turned out to be working all the way back to like 1993 in the original program. Although most people who stumbled across it when making maps would probably have not wanted the effect and just "fixed it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
BUILD engine games (like Duke 3D) could have overlapping sectors which sound like what you're describing as well.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
To be fair, Kaleido Bloodlust is a legit awesome name for a member of a metal band.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That was kinda it, the one I'm thinking of had the guy running in and out of the rooms and shooting a bunch of rockets through them.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

BUILD engine games (like Duke 3D) could have overlapping sectors which sound like what you're describing as well.

I used to milk the gently caress out of that fact when I made Build engine maps. I could also make driveable tanks with explosive shell emitters.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

That was kinda it, the one I'm thinking of had the guy running in and out of the rooms and shooting a bunch of rockets through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8F9Eh43Qw this one?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's absolutely it and there's no way I would've found that video on my own.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Hexenritter posted:

I used to milk the gently caress out of that fact when I made Build engine maps. I could also make driveable tanks with explosive shell emitters.

Jurassic Park (:nws: for a naked woman in one of the screenshots) for Shadow Warrior Classic imeditaly comes to mind except I don't remember if the Duke 3d version of the mod had the vehicles be accessable.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 2, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
There was an Overlook Hotel map for Duke3d that actually kept the impossible geometry of the hotel in the movie.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Jurassic Park (:nws: for a naked woman in one of the screenshots) for Shadow Warrior Classic imeditaly comes to mind except I don't remember if the Duke 3d version of the mod had the vehicles be accessable.

Why is it anime

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Furia posted:

Why is it anime

Did you not play the original Shadow Warrior?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

Did you not play the original Shadow Warrior?

This. Shadow Warrior took the piss out of everything East Asian so why would it not have anime girls?

I seem to recall the blue-haired bare-tittied animu girl in the hot tub was an actual in-game asset.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hexenritter posted:

This. Shadow Warrior took the piss out of everything East Asian so why would it not have anime girls?

I seem to recall the blue-haired bare-tittied animu girl in the hot tub was an actual in-game asset.

I think you're giving too much credit to the developer's inability to tell different kinds of asian cultures apart.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

I think you're giving too much credit to the developer's inability to tell different kinds of asian cultures apart.

for some reason this sentence broke my brain and I can't tell if you mean I'm giving them too much credit and they're a bunch of racists who think all East Asians are from the same country and sound alike or if you're saying the opposite.

I don't know why, I'm not dumb, honest.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:nws: But here, if you wanna see the actual in game graphics https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/shadowwar/sheet/24878/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Hexenritter posted:

for some reason this sentence broke my brain and I can't tell if you mean I'm giving them too much credit and they're a bunch of racists who think all East Asians are from the same country and sound alike or if you're saying the opposite.

The original Shadow Warrior was kinda racist

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

There was an Overlook Hotel map for Duke3d that actually kept the impossible geometry of the hotel in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUIxXCCFWw

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hexenritter posted:

Should've been "ability" and not "inability", I'm assuming.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

Well, yeah, everybody knows that.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

only kinda? I would not be surprised if the games's working title was G*** Nukem :v:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thefluffy posted:

only kinda? I would not be surprised if the games's working title was G*** Nukem :v:

my god that would have been amazing

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Stellaris recently released DLC focused on playing as interstellar machine empires. One of the machine people you can choose to look like is a floating squid orb. Its my favorite of the new robots and a modder improved upon it.

Species portraits are animated in Stellaris, which requires a lot of work. As a result most portrait mods are just static image but this uses the original animations. The fish moves around fine with the animations even though it is just still images of fish. I wish the creator had included a gif because it looks really neat in motion.

e: Someone else had a similar idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzIsVXku3c

The fish in this one doesn't look as good but that brain is pretty dope.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 3, 2017

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Shadow Warrior is Duke Nukem with the sexism replaced with racism.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't feel like Duke Nukem was devoid of racism, or Shadow Warrior of sexism, but I'm not nostalgic enough to be sure.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

TTBF posted:

Stellaris recently released DLC focused on playing as interstellar machine empires. One of the machine people you can choose to look like is a floating squid orb. Its my favorite of the new robots and a modder improved upon it.

Species portraits are animated in Stellaris, which requires a lot of work. As a result most portrait mods are just static image but this uses the original animations. The fish moves around fine with the animations even though it is just still images of fish. I wish the creator had included a gif because it looks really neat in motion.

e: Someone else had a similar idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzIsVXku3c

The fish in this one doesn't look as good but that brain is pretty dope.

Oh man, I came here to post that. :argh:

I noticed that SkyUI is launched for Special Edition. Is this a paid thing or not?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Glagha posted:

Shadow Warrior is Duke Nukem with the sexism replaced with racism.

It's really more "in addition to" rather than "replaced"

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't feel like Duke Nukem was devoid of racism, or Shadow Warrior of sexism, but I'm not nostalgic enough to be sure.

I can't think of anything specific that stands out as racist in Nuke 3d though, no idea about the remake or the other ones.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

quote:

Alexius teen follower with teen voice and in a few flavors. And added a child vampire follower.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
it's okay because vampires are meant to be horrible and creepy as they stare at you with their empty eyes

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slime posted:

it's okay because vampires are meant to be horrible and creepy as they stare at you with their empty eyes

yeah plus she's like three thousand years old so it's ok to hit that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i think part of what really messes with me with all the follower mods is that they're nothing more or less than any other follower. frequently less, since vanilla followers have unique interactions and quests and so forth. it's literally just some airbrushed doll following you around and there's no interaction possible from there.

this is apparently not important to most people and these mods get more downloads than this thread has views.

of all the low hanging fruit follower mods that get posted here, this is the thing that consistently breaks my brain.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Coolguye posted:

i think part of what really messes with me with all the follower mods is that they're nothing more or less than any other follower. frequently less, since vanilla followers have unique interactions and quests and so forth. it's literally just some airbrushed doll following you around and there's no interaction possible from there.

this is apparently not important to most people and these mods get more downloads than this thread has views.

of all the low hanging fruit follower mods that get posted here, this is the thing that consistently breaks my brain.

What, you mean you don't like constantly having an anime-faced, skimpily-clad piece of someone elses wank material following you around and silently judging you for being a naked muscle wizard?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
There's the usual horrifying things for Fallout 4 followers ("now you can make Dogmeat your lover to gain the Lover's Embrace perk!" :barf:), but there's a (very few) neat ones, like the drone miniature Vertibird or jet fighter followers you can have - Verti even does attack runs on enemies! :bustem: Or Pugmeat - a small pug follower...

.. for Dogmeat, not you. :3

(Someone probably made it so you can gently caress your drone for Lover's Embrace, though. :suicide:)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hexenritter posted:

yeah plus she's like three thousand years old so it's ok to hit that

That is a character in vanilla Skyrim, yes.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

(Someone probably made it so you can gently caress your drone for Lover's Embrace, though. :suicide:)

If it's not a sex drone, why would you even want it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Robots deserve to love too

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Guy Mann posted:

Babbette is at least just a background character and not designed to be actual wank material, though your introduction to her is her telling everyone about how she lured in a pedophile and killed him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Mann posted:

I guess this is that famous skyrim weather I've heard so much about.

Shut the hell up Serana.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arcsquad12 posted:

I guess this is that famous skyrim weather I've heard so much about.

Shut the hell up Serana.

There's an assassin in the dark brotherhood that's a child. Also a hundred-some year-old vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Unlike the horrible American Girl Doll in Vampire Outfit linked above though, Babette in the Dark Brotherhood would probably just kill you if you tried anything.