Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

What am I supposed to do with all of these games?!?

quit your job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Calaveron posted:

October's insane with Shadows of War, Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey holy cow

And Wolfenstein II.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MarcusSA posted:

What am I supposed to do with all of these games?!?

Bring your switch to work

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Get stuck in the airport lounge for 4 hours and have a FIFA tournament

at least that's what i did yesterday

then played golf story on the plane

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“tap my mountain”" post="“476999781”"]
Bring your switch to work
[/quote]

Or quit your job.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I really like it when games come with a reversible cover that you can flip around to have really nice box art, but the art on the inside is always so much better that I'm left wondering why they didn't just use it as the regular cover that people see on store shelves. Splatoon 2 has one of the coolest covers I've ever seen on the inside, while the outside makes it look like you're buying an early 00's PC shovelware game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm super tempted to bring my switch to work but I know it would then be super tempting to just shut my office door and play all day because I have poor impulse control.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Louisgod posted:

Yeah I don't think people realize how much of a powerhouse the Switch is in just 9 months of being released. Literally every previous Nintendo console and handheld has had an amazingly lovely first year; even the 3DS struggled for 9 months until MK7, Mario 3D Land and MH came out later that year. Before that point it was looking like the Vita was prepped to take a heaping dump all over it.
Didn't the Gamecube secretly have a really good launch year? Or am I just like merging three years together in my head.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I really like it when games come with a reversible cover that you can flip around to have really nice box art, but the art on the inside is always so much better that I'm left wondering why they didn't just use it as the regular cover that people see on store shelves. Splatoon 2 has one of the coolest covers I've ever seen on the inside, while the outside makes it look like you're buying an early 00's PC shovelware game.

Yeah but don't you think it's nice that they didn't cover the good side with a bunch of lovely logos

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fly with me posted:

And Wolfenstein II.

i think this only hits the switch in 2018

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

This will be the third time I purchase Stardew Valley.
No regrats.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

alf_pogs posted:

i think this only hits the switch in 2018

I was going to make this same post, but Shadows of War was mentioned so I assumed it didn't mean Switch only games.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Yeah but don't you think it's nice that they didn't cover the good side with a bunch of lovely logos

I guess so, I hadn't thought of that.

Giant ESRB logos on the front cover really needs to stop because people completely ignore them anyway and it's also printed on the back for the six people who care.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Didn't the Gamecube secretly have a really good launch year? Or am I just like merging three years together in my head.

It did have Rouge Squadron 2 and Melee as launch titles, and Luigi's Mansion which is only recently getting the love it deserved.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you go back to all the old Luigi's Mansion reviews they all score the game low because their main complaint is literally "But I wanted a Mario game"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I guess so, I hadn't thought of that.

Giant ESRB logos on the front cover really needs to stop because people completely ignore them anyway and it's also printed on the back for the six people who care.

I guess the obvious answer is to print the good side on both sides, one with logos and one without

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"every Nintendo console launch ever has been bad" ~ some chump on the internet that probably played Super Mario World nonstop for months when it came out just like everyone else on the planet

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
hi5 to the switch-at-work crew

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Melee wasn't a launch game I thought? It came out like, a month later or something.
Still, the Gamecube came out in November and a lot of people like me got it for Christmas along Melee and Rogue Squadron (what a great Christmas :allears:) so I guess the point is moot.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Luigi's Mansion is genuinely one of my favorite games to play every October.

I got that and Rogue Squadron for Christmas when it was released. GameCube has so many good games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If we go by the North American release date Metroid Prime squeezes into the GameCube's first year and that game is a GOAT contender.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used to work a 12 hour shift on Sundays with maybe 2-4 hours of actual work to do. My computer had 2 28” monitors, only one of which was actually needed for work.

That was a year before the Switch came out :smith:.

Of course, now I work from home—but it’s during the week, so I don’t actually have time to do anything but work with the occasional forums check while I’m on the clock.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Calaveron posted:

October's insane with Shadows of War, Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey holy cow

I recently finish Shadow of Mordor and the ending 'fights' really soured me on the game because it was such anti-climatic QTE garbage that if they weren't going to give you a decent fight (no the pre-Tower fight doesn't count) then just make it a cutscene.

Still going to eventually get Shadow of War but I hope it has a better ending. I can't imagine it'll be worse than Shelob's makeover or the various other bad fanfic that the game uses to create its backstory.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If you go back to all the old Luigi's Mansion reviews they all score the game low because their main complaint is literally "But I wanted a Mario game"

A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did they fix bomberman? is it any good?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All gam s are fun on Nintendo Switch, the most fun console.

who even has gams, pauline i guess?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

bowmore posted:

did they fix bomberman? is it any good?

For the most part, yes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
also true story it was not Melee that made me ask about the Gamecube, but the humble Pikmin

game ruled

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I keep managing to talk myself out of re-buying Breath of the Wild for Switch.

But I do still need to check out the DLC...and it looks real good on that screen...

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you haven't played BotW in Master Mode you haven't played it at all.

Stardew is only £11! That's a great price. Any must know tips for new players?

Is Axiom Verge good? I loved Shadow Complex.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

i also loved Shadow Complex! what a good game. i really wanted to like Axiom Verge a lot but i found it a bit same-ey? i never finished it and got bored from staring at warping pixels the whole time. i never got hooked by it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guys. I want another Star Fox game.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Guys, guys: (Golf Story spoiler) you fight the undead using the combined power of the snack cart and golf

GOTY

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Same.

GameCube chat earlier/re-watching rogue one also got me jonesing for a new rogue squadron game.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 3, 2017

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Zero came out barely a year ago.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

spit on my clit posted:

If you want the full story, read from this post onwards.

Wow, that is unfortunate. I am not into mods (other than texture packs for Elder Scroll and Fallout games), but that is pretty gross that CF doesn't come out and be more vocal on behalf of their community/customers, and possibly even helps ban people and remove bad reviews. Maybe Stardewhen is now Stardewon't in my book. Will go ahead and just get Golf Story now. I was holding out for Stardew Valley on Thursday and then just get to Golf Story after I finish Odyssey.. not anymore.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cobalt Viper posted:

Zero came out barely a year ago.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd buy a Zero DX with online multiplayer.:unsmith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alan_Shore posted:

If you haven't played BotW in Master Mode you haven't played it at all.

Stardew is only £11! That's a great price. Any must know tips for new players?

Axiom Verge is like if you took a Metroid game and made all the movement, weapons, enemies, bosses, graphics and music incredibly bad,slow and boring.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

Axiom Verge is like if you took a Metroid game and made all the movement, weapons, enemies, bosses, graphics and music incredibly bad,slow and boring.

Agree. It tried so hard to be Metroid that it was really boring to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah if you can get Axiom Verge cheap on steam then go for that, or buy the metroid 2 remake. I didn't think it was very good.

• Locked thread