Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What's Tim Storm doing in the Pumpkin Zone?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Can you paste the details? I'm interested in them but want to avoid the 9,000 pop ups from PWInsider on my phone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Can you paste the details? I'm interested in them but want to avoid the 9,000 pop ups from PWInsider on my phone.

NWA On Demand streaming service shutting down (by-product of Corgan's buying Tharpe's interest in the Paul Boesch Houston territory library. Library ownership stays with the Boesch family but Corgan will have ability to control the library going forward)
All member promotions with licenses to use the NWA initials and branding under the company's Bruce Tharpe ownership end the day before. Going forward as of 10/1, the NWA will be whatever Corgan and Lagana lead it to be
Current champ Tim Storm appeared at last night's Championship Wrestling Hollywood taping and teased a feud with Nick Aldis (aka Magnus from TNA)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/10/02/billy-corgan-officially-announces-rebrand-nwa

I guess we can change the title back

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is the worst lede of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So his 20 year plan is to hire Dave Lagana, work with other promotions and find a money mark. How could this go wrong.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that is the worst written article to ever exist on the internet. content aside, even

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestling is ready to return back to the future

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

they make you think it's going to be a KUSHIDA puff piece and then bam it's Billy Corgan.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh poo poo, Billy is going to have DOC and Marty Jannetty team up?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

he spent half of the interview talking about TNA and Anthem and their relationship and how he hopes to work with them again, and his offer for an NWA invasion of Anthem Impact TNA Wrestling. this is some spurned lover kind of poo poo isn't it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Aye Doc posted:

he spent half of the interview talking about TNA and Anthem and their relationship and how he hopes to work with them again, and his offer for an NWA invasion of Anthem Impact TNA Wrestling. this is some spurned lover kind of poo poo isn't it

Stockholm Syndrome

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Oh poo poo, Billy is going to have DOC and Marty Jannetty team up?

Too bad DOC is still in the WWE, a promoter should keep it under its sleeve for when he's released.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

This is it. This is how Anthem Impact TNA Wrestling becomes NWA TNA Impact Wrestling again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

This is it. This is how Anthem Impact TNA Wrestling becomes NWA TNA Impact Wrestling again.

And then they air the first weekly TNA PPV again, and it just cycles all over again

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Super No Vacancy posted:

There was a quote from Billy Corgan from some article a while ago that was posted in the TNA thread where he tries to explain what his idea of what "a reformation of the way in which wrestling is viewed" means

quote:

Corgan believes his ideas will "break new ground." In 2015, he said, "Those social and cultural issues that are sort of a "don't go there subject" will result in themes that will feel more meaningful to current audiences. "I think there's an endless supply of things in our culture where people are dealing with race or with gender, etc., and you can get into these things in a way that is both revelatory and enlightening. Treated the right way, ultimately, the good guy wins. The right ideas win."

I stand by my post from that thread that it sounds like he's talking about Scientology

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lovin this little scene-setting paragraph

quote:

Vince McMahon clearly has a plan of where he wants to bring WWE, with a yearly benchmark at WrestleMania. Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff has also developed concrete goals. Anthem Executive Vice President Ed Nordholm, who oversees Impact Wrestling, admitted that his company did not have a plan upon its purchase, which has continued to lose money over the past 12 months.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Numero6 posted:

Too bad DOC is still in the WWE, a promoter should keep it under its sleeve for when he's released.

Are we sure they don't have footage of him from, like, five years ago or whenever Aces & 8s were that they can use?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Arguably TNA would be better booked if they told everyone to improvise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Billy Corgan has probably purchased the National Wrestling Alliance

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bruce Tharpe is going to end up with NWA again and a co-writing credit on Gish.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Billy Corgan has probably purchased the National Wrestling Alliance

the article clearly states he has purchased the national wrestling association MRT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

the article clearly states he has purchased the national wrestling association MRT

Imagine if Tharpe sold him the 1930's-40s era National Wrestling Association.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Numero6 posted:

That's why they are going BACK to the future!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine if Tharpe sold him the 1930's-40s era National Wrestling Association.

Tharpe is my hero

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope Tharpe wore his wonderfully horrible jackets during contract negotiations, and dazzled Corgan with style.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Corgan did a podcast interview. Highlights: Weekly free internet TV, hoping to start running shows in spring 2018, and no more NWA licensee promotions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did he give any kind of justification for ending the licenses?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The promotions were of such low quality that they reflected badly on the brand.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

The promotions were of such low quality that they reflected badly on the brand.

This is....surprisingly aware of Billy?

And did he specify what 'free internet TV' meant, like havig his own NWA website he'd be streaming on, Twitch, etc.?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dave lagana did a 3hr interview on the last wrestlenomics radio about the nwa, branding, digital marketing etc... and basically said they want to start small and have a laser focus on exactly what nwa is/means and they get nothing out of having a bunch of satellite feds and it actively dilutes the kind of "brand building" they're after

if you can tolerate the language of ted talks and nu-media it's a solid interview. The 20 Year Plan is real

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Obviously rename NWA to TWA and turn it into the Twitch Wrestling Alliance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

dave lagana did a 3hr interview on the last wrestlenomics radio about the nwa, branding, digital marketing etc... and basically said they want to start small and have a laser focus on exactly what nwa is/means and they get nothing out of having a bunch of satellite feds and it actively dilutes the kind of "brand building" they're after

if you can tolerate the language of ted talks and nu-media it's a solid interview. The 20 Year Plan is real

20 year plans don't put asses every 18 inches like those rinky dink NWA-licensed texas feds were doing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wow a guy said semi reasonable things in 20 min interview time to act like this will be successful despite all evidence to the contrary

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

Dave I hate to tell you this buddy but the NWA meant a bunch of satellite feds to begin with!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So they're going to have an alliance with exactly 1 member

This is somehow stupider than when there were to 2 people in the one warrior nation.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wow a guy said semi reasonable things in 20 min interview time to act like this will be successful despite all evidence to the contrary

It won't take off in any way but maybe some cool people will get paid and they'll do something weird nobody else is doing

The amount of times I've heard Lagana reference Jake Paul is astounding. You're telling me you don't want to see them promote Tim Storm like a vine star?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wait, Lagana and Corgan? This is gonna be a hot garbage fire.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

So they're going to have an alliance with exactly 1 member

This is somehow stupider than when there were to 2 people in the one warrior nation.

It is an alliance of people, not corporations (which are also people.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They plan on working with other companies just not other NWAs