Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That was great and hilarious. Susie having no reservations about losing it on the assistant had me dying laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

explosivo posted:

Did anyone else immediately google "Ted Danson" to make sure him and Mary were still married IRL? :ohdear:

Yes. I'm assuming that will come up later.

There really wasn't 40 minutes worth of good stuff here

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo this is so goddamn amazing already! Curb is easily my favourite tv show of all time and goddamn, just as fresh as ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"You know why I'm laughing? The sadness of your entire existence."

"I take that as a compliment"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love Larry & Leon's relationship so much :allears: Larry & JB have such goddamn great chemistry.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Calling it now, Cheryl and Ted get together and its one of the main storylines of this season.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Leon rules lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gotta be some foreshadowing with Kimmel talking about marrying the assitant. Not him specifically, just in general

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So happy with that episode. Is this the only show that can take such a long break and come back the exact same?

Also, who was the actress who played Betty the hairdresser's fiancé? I know I recognise her but there's no IMDb credit.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Escobarbarian posted:

So happy with that episode. Is this the only show that can take such a long break and come back the exact same?

Also, who was the actress who played Betty the hairdresser's fiancé? I know I recognise her but there's no IMDb credit.

Nasim Pedrad from SNL

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

I was extremely excited to hear about Curb's return and boy am I happy!

This Fatwa ark looks like it's going to be great.

The one-liner highlight of that episode was probably "Stop saying ajar!"

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

It's hard for me to look at Ted Danson the same after watching The Good Place, but I'm so glad he's back.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why do females think they're entitled to having the door held open for them

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A very good episode

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was great. I'm so glad this show is back

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
How the director shot the scene in the restaurant and cut to Larry in his "disguise" was great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I keep loving laughing to myself over "Larry David's Office, what the gently caress is up?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"Put the loving thing back, you rear end in a top hat."
"gently caress you Larry, gently caress you!!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"I'm sorry, that bitch got foisted."

Leon as Larry's assistant for the whole season would probably be a little too broad for Curb but I would love it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why do females think they're entitled to having the door held open for them

You might have a problem with women. And people in general. Seek help.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

eyebeem posted:

You might have a problem with women. And people in general. Seek help.

You just spent time to go through his rap sheet and highlight his probations in order to own him. I think you are the one who needs help

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Calm it down with the slapfighting, goons.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That episode had some VERY funny moments but it also felt dated and from another era and didn't land the ending. Also, an old white guy walking around being an rear end to people resonates a little differently in a world where Trump is the president....

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I think my favourite bit was when Larry and Richard Lewis are doing the "come over here" gestures to each other and then Larry whines that they didn't meet exactly in the middle and he had to walk a bit further.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

god drat this show is so loving good yall

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

mcmagic posted:

That episode had some VERY funny moments but it also felt dated and from another era and didn't land the ending. Also, an old white guy walking around being an rear end to people resonates a little differently in a world where Trump is the president....

With one exception literally every president has been an old white dude.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I keep loving laughing to myself over "Larry David's Office, what the gently caress is up?"

Same but whenever I think about Leon calling a disabled woman a "limpy bitch".

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
"Let's just say her uncle hosed her."
"Recently?"
"Nah, nah, years ago."

Vogler fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 3, 2017

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Also, an old white guy walking around being an rear end to people resonates a little differently in a world where Trump is the president....

Yeah, Larry David's whole shtick just doesn't work now that Trump's president.

Oh wait, no, that's nonsense. Never mind.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
overall I really liked this episode. got some good laughs. but I felt they forced in the "pretty pretty pretty pretty good" just so Larry could say his cactchphrase

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I might be mistaken, but Larry seemed to take more delight in being an rear end in a top hat than he has in previous seasons.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, for some reason Larry insisting that the hairdresser had to be a groom and not a bride seemed a bit beyond the pale to me. I realize that Larry is an rear end in a top hat and you're not supposed to agree with him, but instead of laughing and nodding my head because "this time he's saying what we're all thinkin'!", this time he's definitely not saying what I'm thinking.

But I liked the rest of the episode, especially that moment where he and Richard are negotiating the terms of their visit from opposite sides of the room that another goon mentioned earlier. And Suzie going from yelling at and berating Larry one moment to calmly chit chatting with him the next moment will never stop being funny to me, ever.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Curb has always been kinda half-and-half when it comes to Larry being in the right or in the wrong. Sometimes he "says what we're all thinking", other times he's completely wrong and inappropriate. They're both funny.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He was wrong about insisting that the hairdresser should be the groom.

He was right that she made more sense as a groom.

One of those "He's saying what I'm thinking, but he shouldn't actually say it this time" things.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I'm still laughing at the one asking if he needed a hobby and Larry going on a whole tangent about catching butterflies as a child before she frustratingly yells "I DIDNT EXPECT AN ACTUAL ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone was wrong

Larry was wrong for saying the hairdresser should be the groom, and both the hairdresser and her girlfriend were wrong for perpetuating the bride/groom dichotomy in their gay marriage

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

eyebeem posted:

He was wrong about insisting that the hairdresser should be the groom.

He was right that she made more sense as a groom.

One of those "He's saying what I'm thinking, but he shouldn't actually say it this time" things.
Ultimately though his door holding foibles showed that he was actually wrong that it made more sense for Betty to be the groom. and I think that was on purpose. But yeah I don't know why one woman is gonna be the "bride" and the other the "groom" anyway.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fast Luck posted:

Ultimately though his door holding foibles showed that he was actually wrong that it made more sense for Betty to be the groom. and I think that was on purpose. But yeah I don't know why one woman is gonna be the "bride" and the other the "groom" anyway.

As per the door comment, I totally get the "Larry Davidness" or not wanting to offend someone he thought would react negatively to having a door held open for him. He was actually making an effort to be socially intelligent, but was wrong in his assumption. That's part of what makes CYE great... it speaks to all of societies intricacies and our right/wrong/indifferent attempts to conform to them or, in Larry's case, question them.

He is the kind of guy that will hold a door for someone, but also to obsess over the length of time he should be expected to hold a door and if the person in question would react negatively or positively to having a door held open for them.

The expectation I had was that he would hold the door open for her, she would get pissed about it, and he would defend holding the door open as a kind gesture that she should be appreciative of. The show turned my own assumption on it's head, which is great poo poo.

As for weddings, who cares. Some women want to wear a dress, and some want to wear a suit.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Couldn't stop laughing at his disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm still laughing at the idea that the Iranian government put out a hit on Larry and it's essentially Leon's fault

• Locked thread