Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

You're underestimating how much geese don't give a gently caress. They try to scare away cars.

Did you ever see the movie World War Z?

Imagine that, but border collies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RatHat posted:

You're underestimating how much geese don't give a gently caress. They try to scare away cars.

Then the dog mauls them to death and the goose problem is still solved

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Then the dog mauls them to death and the goose problem is still solved

But isn't that a bit short sighted? What happens when we're overrun with border collies?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

spog posted:

Jumping frogs.

Albuquerque?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The best thing is THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS.

The elf shows up, three more times in Gerber's run with the Defenders, same set up (more or less --I think he was dressed as a Native American Shaman once), BANG. And no explaining what was going on,

And, when Kraft takes over the Defenders the Elf With a Gun shows up again to kill a kid and then gets run over by a truck. The end.

EDIT: Found a write up of it.
http://bronzeageofblogs.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-elf-with-gun.html

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Oct 3, 2017

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Zelder posted:

But isn't that a bit short sighted? What happens when we're overrun with border collies?

Tennis balls and Beggin' Strips. Failing that, Michael Vick and a pallet of 5 Hour Energy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zelder posted:

It'd be the 2nd cutest infestation ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After koalas right?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

It'd be the 2nd cutest infestation ever.

https://youtu.be/odjTApQaoJc

I do NOT get enough opportunity to post that video

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What a day to leave the punt gun at home

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Every time I see this gif I think of Doom 3 imps:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
A good bit my toe at a picnic once when I was five, and now o have a genocidal hatred of them well that's my good story.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I contract for border collies at my job. They do a great job. The thing about the geese is if you gently caress with them enough they'll just move. You have to have regular visits from the border collies but it's the only way I've found to reliably keep the geese away.

What the gently caress is your job and how do I steal it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zelder posted:

What? This is the opposite of a problem!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I lived in an apartment complex that had a big central area with a pond, a pool, and some grass. There was a goose that was always hanging around there, and it was the biggest rear end in a top hat in the whole world. It would constantly charge at people anywhere within the vicinity of that very large central area. I don't believe it was protecting a nest either, as I lived there about a year, and never saw any other geese.

Geese loving suck. They are huge pricks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Base Camp Blanket posted:

I lived in an apartment complex that had a big central area with a pond, a pool, and some grass. There was a goose that was always hanging around there, and it was the biggest rear end in a top hat in the whole world. It would constantly charge at people anywhere within the vicinity of that very large central area. I don't believe it was protecting a nest either, as I lived there about a year, and never saw any other geese.

you have to eat the goose

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
[quote="“Away all Goats”" post="“476964683”"]

[/quote]

[quote="“hard counter”" post="“476964891”"]
a drat fine 4 panel lost.jpg
[/quote]

Not with a delivery in the bottom right it isn't.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rolo posted:

Not with a delivery in the bottom right it isn't.

👌

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:xd:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EmmyOk posted:

After koalas right?

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oLu7znwQ0&t=40s

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

EmmyOk posted:

After koalas right?

Border collies don't tend to give you chlamydia. (Well, except if you're Morally Inept I suppose)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

[quote="“Rolo”" post="“477003504”"]
Not with a delivery in the bottom right it isn’t.
[/quote]

poo poo

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Bad Wolf posted:

Border collies don't tend to give you chlamydia. (Well, except if you're Morally Inept I suppose)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYgg8c6KQU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Part of Everything posted:

Geese are basically mirrors of people. Meaning, they won’t act like an rear end in a top hat if you don’t. Also, I’ve worked at UW for 15 years and have never once heard of broken limbs caused by geese. I’ve also never been attacked by one because I don’t barrel through flocks of them like I own the place.

Geese need to get get with the times. This is the anthropocene not the goose age. If they didn't want us trampling their babies they should've beat us to developing tools, agriculture, and fart jokes.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FreudianSlippers posted:

Geese need to get get with the times. This is the anthropocene not the goose age. If they didn't want us trampling their babies they should've beat us to developing tools, agriculture, and fart jokes.

They could have skipped the first two for expediency's sake even. Bunch of layabouts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Counterpoint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nene_(bird)

Nene are super chill and awesome. They'll walk right up to you, not to attack you, but just like to see what you're up to. They don't honk, they make this sort of muttering noise with a lot of variation that sounds like they're kinda just talking to themselves. They're way :3:

http://www.jaymiheimbuch.com/blog/2014/11/25/a-nod-to-nene-how-hawaiis-native-goose

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Times are tough over at AFLAC.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Counterpoint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nene_(bird)

Nene are super chill and awesome. They'll walk right up to you, not to attack you, but just like to see what you're up to. They don't honk, they make this sort of muttering noise with a lot of variation that sounds like they're kinda just talking to themselves. They're way :3:

http://www.jaymiheimbuch.com/blog/2014/11/25/a-nod-to-nene-how-hawaiis-native-goose

I was lucky enough to run into a couple of nene on big island just chilling in the middle of the road, got out to try and shoo them away like you would with american geese and those cool birds just looked up at me like "dude what are you even on about?" before eventually continuing on their way

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Hawaii must be heaven if even the geese are chill.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dreddout posted:

A good bit my toe at a picnic once when I was five, and now o have a genocidal hatred of them well that's my good story.

What the gently caress is your job and how do I steal it

To be clear I'm in property management, and I contract with a guy that has the border collies. So not that interesting. But the dogs are cool. One will start chasing the geese into the water and another jumps in the water and chases the geese out and eventually the geese are like "gently caress this" and leave. We had tried many other things to get rid of them, none of which worked. Including letting the dept of fish and game round up and euthanize them all. More took their place in a matter of weeks. But the dogs work really well. I don't know if there are goose forums where the geese post and tell each other to stay away or what, but it's pretty amazing. Expensive, but effective.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EmmyOk posted:

After koalas right?

You know it!
:hfive:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
It's funny because giant biped mechs will never be a thing.

There's a list, called "things a LOSAT will gently caress up" and giant biped mechs is right up there near the top.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ak Gara posted:

There's a list, called "things a LOSAT will gently caress up" and giant biped mechs is right up there near the top.

Why do you have to hurt my heart? :(

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But you don't understand! They are the perfect missing link between infantry and artillery!

#graninwasright

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Ak Gara posted:

Not to mention the loving ground pressure on those things.

Making your giant battle robot less mobile than your regular rear end infantry does not seem like a winning move.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Why do you have to hurt my heart? :(

From detection, to launch, to max range, in 4 seconds with speeds upto Mach 4.5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmSs6hXWoU

So of course they cancelled it. Your mech'll be safe from LOSAT's. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zelder posted:

You pet them and tell them they're good dogs and they lick your face. Thats so far opposite of a problem it's crazy.