Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I kind of want to attend a WWE event for the first time, and I think next week's Raw will probably be my best opportunity for a while even if it's a bit of a drive.

Here are the tickets. I've heard before that you don't want floor seats unless you're like in the very front row. Should I be going for the red "lower' seats then? Veteran smark goons, what advice do you have on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's really just a matter of "Do you want to be on the ground trying to look over people's heads all night" or "Do you want to be above everything squinting at the ring all night". Try for the middle ground

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Sister Abigail is gonna be Paige isn't it.

The only way the crowd will turn on the dorky goth lady is through terrible booking. Sister Abigail seems like a good start.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

It's really just a matter of "Do you want to be on the ground trying to look over people's heads all night" or "Do you want to be above everything squinting at the ring all night". Try for the middle ground

those red section seats are good

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lower bowl seats are the way to go for sure.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jericho used to lay into Stephanie regularly with the "bottom-feeding trashbag ho" comments

Yeah, and at that time they still did 'Bra and Panties' and 'First Blood' matches. Times have indeed changed in the last 15 years.

pressedbunny posted:

That's what Smackdown's main event has comprised of for what, three weeks in a row now?

And they did official apologies for it, and backed away from it. And yeah it's a step away from WWE's normal stuff.

They really don't seem to get how to do 'shock' stuff sometimes. Or how to escalate a plotline without going way too far (see also Roman Reigns, attempted murderer).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So if Paige ends up playing Sister Abigail, are they even going to acknowledge her past as Paige? It reminds me of when Albert came back as Lord Tensai and WWE did their damndest to not acknowledge his prior stint

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

Your vision must suck poo poo if you think lower level seats are too hard to see from

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eli Wiggum posted:

So if Paige ends up playing Sister Abigail, are they even going to acknowledge her past as Paige? It reminds me of when Albert came back as Lord Tensai and WWE did their damndest to not acknowledge his prior stint

They've never said Bray is Husky Harris, right?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

bradzilla posted:

Your vision must suck poo poo if you think lower level seats are too hard to see from

I was in the furthest back row of the lower bowl at MitB '16 and could see everything just fine. Lower bowl stuff is always good.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Sister Abigail is just going to be Bray in Rob Zombie make up

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, and at that time they still did 'Bra and Panties' and 'First Blood' matches. Times have indeed changed in the last 15 years.

And they did official apologies for it, and backed away from it. And yeah it's a step away from WWE's normal stuff.

They really don't seem to get how to do 'shock' stuff sometimes. Or how to escalate a plotline without going way too far (see also Roman Reigns, attempted murderer).

when did they apologize

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Wasnt everybody always saying crazy mary dobson needed to be sister abigail

Didnt they just sign crazy mary dobson for the mae young classic

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

Paige is supposed to be going to Smackdown.

projecthalaxy posted:

Wasnt everybody always saying crazy mary dobson needed to be sister abigail

Didnt they just sign crazy mary dobson for the mae young classic

Crazy Mary is Sarah Logan and was signed last October. She does a Kentucky country girl thing now.

Sage Beckett apparently tweeted some stuff that looked like hints it would be her, but she might just have been playing around.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jericho used to lay into Stephanie regularly with the "bottom-feeding trashbag ho" comments

I went to a house show a couple years ago and Face Jericho started off on one of his classic Stephanie rants, which he finished with BOTTOM-FEEDING TRASHBAG (wait, we're PG now, I can't say that anymore...)

It was great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

projecthalaxy posted:

Husky Harris was never really established at that point so they could get away with it

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

when did they apologize

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-issues-statement-jinder-mahal-promo-smackdown-243216

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.70eeaa832b35

My mistake, I thought the company wasn't loving stupid enough to actually not apologise. Holy poo poo this loving company.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

hmm, albert as sister abigail...

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Kalisto thing was a disappointment. It looked like it was going in a good direction.
This week's no contact thing was as untenable as last weeks. It wouldn't make sense to fire all of them, they had an open card bluff to call.
And before you dummies get all smug at me like "Oh, do you really think WWE would do a pro-labor storyline :grin:", sure, why the hell not, they do anti-racism angles all the drat time.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Having any of the existing Raw or Smackdown women be Sister Abigail would be dumb, and that includes Paige. Paige is too well known. That and I doubt WWE trusts Paige very much and are sending her to Smackdown. Sister Abigail has got to be someone from NXT or Mae Young classic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just can't believe Kurt gave him the second clause.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

this was a huge wasted opportunity particularly while Bray was in a feud with Randy Orton. The last appearance of Husky Harris IIRC was when Randy punted him in the skull. Everybody was hoping this was the new kayfabe reason for why Husky returned as Bray Wyatt---he got his brain scrambled and became a vessel for whatever Bray Wyatt is. It would have been a stupidly brilliant thing to use but they didn't do it, had Randy murder Bray, and that's that.

I'm not sure but I think Luke Gallows/Festus was the only instance wherein a past gimmick was acknowledged and was actually used in a clever way to build up a guy's new personality.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

VJeff posted:

I just can't believe Kurt gave him the second clause.

Enzo is really annoying

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Jesus christ Sister Abigail possessed Bray and it's his inner demon that he is going to let loose. It's just going to be Bray in spooky makeup.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's Asuka and it's gonna be good

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

It's Asuka and it's gonna be good

That would be very bad actually

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

turns out the crazy swamp lady nun was japanese all along

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Paige is going to join The Wyatts as Crazzy Paige

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Whatever they actually do with "Sister Abigail" is guaranteed to be the drizzling shits and a career-killer so I'd rather it not be any wrestlers I care about like Paige or Asuka or Crazy Mary

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

Someone check on Foochs I'm worried for him after this.

Huh?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Man they had some momentum with building up Braun but holy poo poo has everything taken a nosedive after making him look weak losing to Brock. None of the storylines on Raw or Smackdown are remotely interesting, WWE is truly the biggest steaming pile of poo poo right now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I think you guys are taking the Sister Abigail thing too literally. It's just gonna be Bray having his own demon form or whatever because this feud is an anime.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sister abigail better be bray in drag

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I think you guys are taking the Sister Abigail thing too literally. It's just gonna be Bray having his own demon form or whatever because this feud is an anime.

It's a Bray Wyatt angle. Always assume the worst.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The only women who could pull off being Sister Abigail would be some random pick nobody has seen in WWE or NXT yet, like Daffney or MsChif. Maybe that zombie lesbian from TNA. If it's anybody recognisable from the last 10 years of WWE the gimmick would fall on its arse immediately, and Bray's booked as enough of a jackass as it is.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Efexeye posted:

sister abigail better be bray in drag

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Isn't sister Abigail dead? Maybe Finn will dig her up and serve her to Bray in a delicious dish ala Pepper and Al Snow

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe this is how Luke Harper gets back in

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Braun should take the IC title off Miz and open challenge it until he can get back in the Universal picture post WM

My bet is he'll feud with Joe when he comes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Re shield

• Locked thread