Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

trashweight.txt

poo poo, someone must have the link to the thread that someone wrote about how bad Heavyweight has been in MMA. Post'em if you got'em.

imo the history of lhw is more tragic and I should make an effort post about it one of these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Ad by Khad posted:

Has there ever been a main event in the UFC where the favorite comes in and easily smashes rounds 1 and 2, loses a close round 3, loses an even closer round 4 after a shocking scramble at the bell, and then proceeds to win most of round 5 before losing the decision to the underdog in the final minute?

Because hell, I'd watch that fight.

I'll make it even easier: has there ever been a main event/title fight in the UFC where somebody wins rounds 1 and 2 and then loses the next three?

I think I'd be more entertained watching someone get super hyped watching a video game competition.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Memento posted:

trashweight.txt

poo poo, someone must have the link to the thread that someone wrote about how bad Heavyweight has been in MMA. Post'em if you got'em.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529080

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fat Twitter Man posted:

imo the history of lhw is more tragic and I should make an effort post about it one of these days

hell yes you should, that would make a great thread. The Rise and Fall (and Fall and Fall) of Light Heavyweight.

Thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Derrick Lewis' main motivation to beat Fabricio Werdum is to get revenge because he couldn't eat junk food while training.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/62375-derrick-lewis-plans-to-punish-fabricio-werdum-he-made-me-miss-the-mcrib

Even moreso than before I'm now fully behind Lewis all the way :allears:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Skip My Posts posted:

Any fights where an obese Korean sits in a chair and slowly boringly beats a obese Korean with glasses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcPKaCSw7k

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Skip My Posts posted:

Any fights where an obese Korean sits in a chair and slowly boringly beats a obese Korean with glasses?

witness the fitness of Aorigele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIgdBML8wM

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/915014810458316801

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Guess Mighty Mouse knows what he needs to do to get paid now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mighty mouse isnt good enough to go pro & I dont think he even plays pubg. Guy is no Tyler1

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Thank you for all the real, earnest answers to my question. I watched UFC for multiple years and never saw anything like what I asked for.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you never saw a guy make a comeback before lol?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

that was a good thread

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

that was a good thread

I don't know why but I imagined that link was to cortxbomb the powder mage making hype vids about how he loves black pussy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fat Twitter Man posted:

that was a good thread

I like the bonus of it being 4 years later and still nobody's successfully defended the belt 3 times

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Ad by Khad posted:

Thank you for all the real, earnest answers to my question. I watched UFC for multiple years and never saw anything like what I asked for.

Just hang out here for a few decades. If you put some time into this sport/hobby, you too can post weird dream sequences about GSP and aliens.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

I like the bonus of it being 4 years later and still nobody's successfully defended the belt 3 times

a new wrinkle in the trashweight landscape

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10/2/16405534/manager-anthony-johnson-ufc-return-heavyweight-division-mma-news

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fat Twitter Man posted:

that was a good thread

I would say it could use updating, but the UFC title hasn't quite been as much of a wild ride since then. Three champions in the past 5 years is pretty sedate.

If this is truly the best MMA timeline, Daniel Cormier moves back up to HW so he can keep choking Rumble unconscious in shorter and shorter fights

April 2022 brings us UFC 270, where Daniel Cormier chokes out Anthony Johnson in 78 milliseconds, making it the shortest fight in combat sports history

Memento fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 3, 2017

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

In the perfect timeline Johnson beats Stipe and Cormier moves up to become a 2 division champ.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
How the gently caress did Rumble ever make welterweight, anyway? He made 170 lbs on eight out of ten fights in the UFC where they have actual scales - I had the impression that he only ever fought at welter in the c-leagues. He missed hilariously (12 lbs) on his middleweight debut, but how does a dude with that large a frame get down to 170 without flat-out dying?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

How the gently caress did Rumble ever make welterweight, anyway? He made 170 lbs on eight out of ten fights in the UFC where they have actual scales - I had the impression that he only ever fought at welter in the c-leagues. He missed hilariously (12 lbs) on his middleweight debut, but how does a dude with that large a frame get down to 170 without flat-out dying?

He's a lot bulkier/fatter now than he was then. His face looked completely different at 170 because he'd have to starve himself down to zero body fat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fat Twitter Man posted:

He's a lot bulkier/fatter now than he was then. His face looked completely different at 170 because he'd have to starve himself down to zero body fat

drat, he looks dreadful there. Even his skin looks bad.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Even his skin looks bad.

wow. wtf buddy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skip My Posts posted:

wow. wtf buddy

yeah it's way too white

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Uh.

I've watched this like ten times and I feel like that punch must have at least glanced him, but every time I see him hit nothing but air. Optical illusion?

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I've watched this like ten times and I feel like that punch must have at least glanced him, but every time I see him hit nothing but air. Optical illusion?

It kinda bounces off his forehead

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it landed its just hard to see

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I prefer to believe Travis Browne just had one of his spasms but instead of winning via crazy kick he just fell down

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
'a fit of the browns'

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Marching Powder posted:

'a fit of the browns'

That has always sounded so very gross - in a distinctly British way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we should have a live action re-enactment

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

he went in to doing a marijuana businessman though, no?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

isnt it just because they hit so hard? its not like flyweight where youre not always at risk of being knocked out, in heavyweight you can get finished with 1 strike from just about any fighter in any position

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Work Friend Keven posted:

Mighty mouse isnt good enough to go pro & I dont think he even plays pubg. Guy is no Tyler1

Mighty Mouse actually does play PUBG and while doing so refers to his advantageous "mighty vision".

The joke is that I am not making this up.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Travis Brown sucks. Feed him to the wolves one last time and send him off to Bellator to fight the Shawn jordans of the world.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Insanely good fight if you have never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mythig0H0H0

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

threeagainstfour posted:

Insanely good fight if you have never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mythig0H0H0

Wow, Tony was really open to body shots in that one. They really slowed them down near the end (though Barboza slowed down way more, so it was hard to tell). And he got blasted a few times upstairs as well. I think Barboza's gameplan was for Tony was the right way to go for that fight. I haven't seen Tony's last couple of fights, but I hope he's somewhat filled those holes.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 3, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
barboza is a killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I feel like if it's standing for any real amount of time, Lee is going to get sparked out. I say that because of this instance where Lee got TKO'd by a guy known for his BJJ prowess in one of his 2 knockout wins over the span of his whole career.

https://youtu.be/H86fav_AakA

• Locked thread