Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Psychic Hood and Force sword, 50/60.

Not enough left over for a jump pack, so no zooming down the halls from meeting to meeting shouting "WHEE!" for Bastion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
JCDent, Moonwolf, RipVanWinkle, & Eponymous
Next opening for Goonllaris is on Saturday the 2nd of September at 1600-2000 UTC. Labor Day weekend, for those in the US.

:spergin: 0668017.M3

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Goonllaris game up. Password is Stairs

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Everyone good for Sunday? Just to give as much warning as possible, I have an all-day event on the 24th, so this will be the last game for a bit.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Ready to kick some traitorous rear end!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Works with me!

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

That's good for me, I will be flying back from the Caribbean a fortnight after so I'd be unable to do it anyway.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Ready to bring great violence upon the enemies of mankind!

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

We on for this Sunday again?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
In the hold of a Thunderhawk, you carry the box of ancient records, intent on delivering it to the newly recovered Inquisitor Lexington. The craft rocks as it breaks out of the stratosphere, and you notice the box's shifting contents reveal a small, square note in flowing handwriting.

This Sunday, usual time. 45 requisition, Tau. Always nice to meet an old friend.

(You guys are also getting some experience from last game, I'll pick the number after class.)

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

In the hold of a Thunderhawk, you carry the box of ancient records, intent on delivering it to the newly recovered Inquisitor Lexington. The craft rocks as it breaks out of the stratosphere, and you notice the box's shifting contents reveal a small, square note in flowing handwriting.

This Sunday, usual time. 45 requisition, Tau. Always nice to meet an old friend.

(You guys are also getting some experience from last game, I'll pick the number after class.)

Tau! We need an Oath of Screw the Xenos!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

1500 XP, for three (I think) adventures' worth of valiant service to the Imperium. Try not to complain too hard about not knowing what to spend it on, ya jerks.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
By the way, if we do go Oath of Screw Xenos, my effective Weapon Skill vs Tau would be 95%, without any other modifiers (charging, Double Team, size bonus, etc) coming into play, and potentially getting up to 115%, 125%, etc. And with Lightning Claws and lots of DoS, I could reasonably do upwards of 40-60+ damage per hit, with 8 Armor Pen and 4 attacks a round.

:perfect:

EDIT: Did some extra math. Unless I missed something, factoring in all my hits and assuming a max roll on a d10 and a d5 and with 12 DoS, I believe my max damage against a Tau on a single hit would be 68 Damage with 8 Penetration. If I'm not charging, I lose the 1d5 and charge bonus DoS meaning the max damage drops to 61, but I do get 4 attacks this way hitting on anything but 100, so, probably much better :P .

susan fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 4, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What if the Tau are 500 meters away, tho?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

JcDent posted:

What if the Tau are 500 meters away, tho?

Jetpack forward and growl.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

For my REQ, I take a Storm Shield, Demolition Charges and Kraken Rounds (out of my specialty round allowance)

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Psychic Hood and Jump Pack, 5 points left over.
I'm couldn't afford a sword so I'm only carrying my beatstick, but that's okay, I took Swift Attack and Hunter of Aliens.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I forget, do we have a game tomorrow or not?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I believe we do! Any scheduling problems?

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Ready to dive in and blend up some Tau!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Sorry to do this, but I've been super slammed by midterms this week and haven't had time to prepare a game for Sunday. I'll make sure to get something together for next time.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hey, no probs, man!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

No worries. Best of luck with midterms!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

+++++

Members of Kill-Team Sigma,

The records of Inquisitor Lynne have been fully decoded, thanks to the ciphers you retrieved from his remains. I had never heard of the man before our mission to Burad, and I have come to understand that was very much the result of conscious effort. Even in the darkened halls of the Inquisition there is room for accolades and fame, but Inquisitor Lynne shrouded the paths he ventured down, for he knew the peril that awaited at the end. Now we find ourselves in the final hell he dug for himself, and we must find our way out.

The Empyrean Stages (Lynne's terminology) are in best estimation Xenos artifacts. I have theories as to their origin, but their effect is startlingly clear: they accumulate the energies of the warp in an incredibly slow and passive manner. This energy is undetectable from any kind of distance. Some of it is almost certainly used to protect the structure itself from harm, which would explain the resilience of what appears to be simple stone.

The vast majority of the energy is simply stored within the Stage, until it finds itself in proximity to the thoughts or actions of a being with a warp presence. At this point, the stage expels this energy back into the warp, echoing the shape of whatever triggered it. The local immaterium is flooded with a single, overpowering pattern, and this pattern reflects back onto the material world in whatever fashion it can find itself.

The first Stage we encountered was in the planetary capital of an administratum world. The earliest Imperial records indicate that the stone structure was used by explorers as the foundation for a paperwork storage depot. Soon after the planet found itself declared a long-term Imperial data storage facility. An ornamental clock was installed there, and later defaced by "Lord" Pugin, as part of a chaos ritual which allowed him to speed a Dreadnought through time. Then you called a lance strike down on the spot, and the planet found itself engulfed in flame. A pattern emerges.

There are a number of these Stages, the locations of which are detailed in Lynne's records. For now, I have used the full authority of the Inquisition to quarantine these sites until a better course of action can be determined. However in the case of Hive World Ecotan compliance may take personal attention, as they are somewhat burdened by fending off the early stages of a Tyranid invasion. Depart immediately, and we shall locate this site and seal it off together.

Always faithful,
Inquisitor Lexington

+++++

1000 xp from last session, 70 Requisition for this one! See y'all Sunday!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Semper fi, Inquisitor Onelongarmsofjustice

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Tyranids, you say? Interesting...

By the way, I have 25 spare Req if anyone wants anything big, I will probably buy some excess explosives or something with whatever is left but wanted to give the group the chance for anything mission critical/really fun.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

1 Free mag of: Hellfire rounds
Kraken rounds 15
Siege Auspex 13
Melta Bomb 25
Cluster Mines x 3 15

2 points leftover, go wild if you want.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Req this time:
Combi-tool
Jump pack
Thunder Hammer

Now up to 45 WS, wish I'd gone melee rather than gun focused in the first place given I don't roll BS for flame weapons. Ah well.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Psychic Hood & Jump Pack with 30 points left over.
A Master Craftsmanship Force Sword would cost 50 points, an Exceptional one would cost 37.5.

Took 20 spare points and got myself a Mastercrafted Power Sword.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 19, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Any juice left in the Empyrean Stone for Bastion to try some desperate and hugely unwise nonsense?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Shockingly enough, I believe I will actually be able to run this Sunday session as planned! Unless everyone else is busy instead. If not, prepare for "Escape From The Totally Doomed Hive World Whose Name Doesn't Really Matter Anymore" at the usual time.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

AAaaaaand a huge programming project of mine is now in the middle of spectacularly disintegrating between some harsh words and drama and I'm not sure who's in the wrong here and the deadline is monday so I kinda gotta cancel after all! Goddamn

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Get poo poo fixed dude, rpgs are not worth a degree. Hopefully it'll be chill in a fortnight and we can torch some bugs.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

No worries, it's important to properly venerate the machine spirits. What ritual are you attempting?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I'll be between quarters in two weeks, so we should be good there

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

No worries, take care of your Actual Responsibilities first and foremost. Good luck!

susan
Jan 14, 2013
As a reminder, for the off-week Dark Heresy game most of this crew is in, I won't be able to run a game on the 10th, so Eponymous would you consider that as a fallback game date? Would that be past finals?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

No, that's like the last day before a hard final, I'll be in turbo study and fret mode. This quarter ends on the 15th

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Hi Team, I'm out of the state on Sunday, so someone should remote-control Brother Tychon for the session. His sheet is up to date, and he's pretty easy on the decision flow-chart:

If Enemy = 'Yes', Charge.
If Enemy = 'No', Find Enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Thank godd, grad school is over for the quarter. Preparing pretty Tyranid tokens for you guys to splatter this Sunday at 9.

• Locked thread