Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Sounds like your explanation is more robust than what's officially known so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Blue Goku & Vegeta footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv1vh0HcA80

There's a new dragon ball mechanic that hasn't yet been explained and isn't demonstrated in the video, but it seems you earn them by doing combos with hits in multiples of ten? (10-hit gets ball #1, 20-hit gets ball #2, etc)

In the footage here it seems like they increased the damage all around, is it a new build? You can see them burning 3 meter to take off 75 percent health from full. Is it a new build with different scaling, or is it my imagination?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Looks like a new build with the dragonball feature at the bottom.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you've played and lost with Krillin at any point you need to collect all 7 balls and wish him back to life before you can select him again.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

it actually looks a lot like the Grid in UnderNight, it seems like it is shared by both players too

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

it actually looks a lot like the Grid in UnderNight, it seems like it is shared by both players too

Huh that's an interesting point. It could be kinda cool if the calculus of what combo you choose to do depends on whether or not you want to risk your opponent reaching whatever the reward for the dragon balls is.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The flaming lip posted:

In the footage here it seems like they increased the damage all around, is it a new build? You can see them burning 3 meter to take off 75 percent health from full. Is it a new build with different scaling, or is it my imagination?

Looks mostly the same to me but that DHC combo did do a ton of damage. It's three supers done raw into each other though, so maybe the damage scaling is based on move count (not hit count) or maybe there's less scaling on DHCs or supers now specifically.

Also does SSGSS Vegita have a command grab off his homing dash :stare:
E: Oh it looks like some sort of EX move actually, just has the same appearance as a homing dash. That actually sounds super scary to use versus people trying to chicken block.

Oh nice you can also air dash cancel universal overheads while in Sparking so good luck blocking literally anything, good grief.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 4, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/06/exclusive-gameplay-guides-for-dragon-ball-fighterzs-newest-characters.aspx

breakdowns of the new characters

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

When they mentioned that Tri-Beam does a lot of damage but drains your health, I immediately thought that that probably means Tien won't be used that often, but hot drat the first hit of Neo Tri-Beam did like 1/3 of Krillin's health! Then he did it again and fired two extra times to kill Krillin and it brought Tien down to ~half health. Could be a hell of a finisher.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah tien looks great as the cleaner on a team, where you save him for the very end and go all in with his self draining moves and Sparkling Blast

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i want to see another zoning-style character like Frieza already

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

I have high hopes for the boi Gotenks. It's gonna happen.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

*pounding fork and knife on table* JACO! JACO! JACO!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I want to have the game already :qq:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
they've finally found a way to make being yamcha look cool af

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Tien looks like incredibly my poo poo.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
So Yamcha is pretty much Wolverine? Because that is the vibe I got and I am super into that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He's the best at what he does. Baseball.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TGG posted:

So Yamcha is pretty much Wolverine? Because that is the vibe I got and I am super into that.

I think so, and it makes sense given he's the melee combat guy in a roster of laser gods. I really hope he's viable.

Yamcha/Krillin/Tien need to be a top tier team

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tien is neo-cable? or reverse phoenix? Save your bars for him and he brings the ToD on whatever sucker he hits since neo tribeam lets you burn everything you got.

Makes sense, Tien has always been the best :smug:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think so, and it makes sense given he's the melee combat guy in a roster of laser gods. I really hope he's viable.

Yamcha/Krillin/Tien need to be a top tier team

yamcha to mix up into tien for kills, use senzu to heal tien back up

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dias posted:

I am so excited for Gotenks' dumb moves to be like...useful in a game like this. Similar to how Yamcha will be a usable character in this, and looks like he'll play like Wolverine.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yamcha legit looks like no one is going to be able to block that poo poo without just guessing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

yamcha legit looks like no one is going to be able to block that poo poo without just guessing

They'll eventually add Bulma in DLC who is just a hard counter

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Very excited to cheer for Bongo in tournament.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

this is really the dream.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Make the entire Ginyu Force a single, playable character with the biggest hitbox in any fighting game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Make the entire Ginyu Force a single, playable character with the biggest hitbox in any fighting game

Oh poo poo, somehow I hadn't thought of playing as any of the Ginyu Force in this game. It's going to be so good, ArcSys please do it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PantsBandit posted:

I think a lot of it is that they really hosed with him visually. Costuming is a huge aspect of character recognition, especially in animated stuff. 17 was recognizable because of the bandanna, the contrasting colors, the fact that he dressed and looked like a teenager but had this scary air about him.

The new costume has muted colors, this kind of off-green blah shirt, no more bandanna. He looks super generic.

Time passes and people put on new clothes. Since the androids dont't age it's kind of the only thing you can do to show off that time has passed.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

They are kinda already doing this for Android 18, but I wouldn't mind Captain Ginyu as a character, functioning like Capcom's Captain Commando where each special move set is a different member

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol imagine clowning on people with guldo

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Imagine people clowning people with Babidi or Majin Pui Pui.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Scared.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeColorfulChinchillaTakeNRG

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like Tien's going to be your high-risk/high-reward character:

https://i.imgur.com/AFpP6RJ.gifv

:stare:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/09/dragon-ball-fighterzs-seven-nerdiest-details.aspx

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tien loving owns. Perhaps this game is where he will finally get his due since he got hosed over like a drat jabroni in db super.

He def has the position of anchor of the team, save up all your bar for Tien and have him delete someone with neo tri-beam.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

All the damage we've seen of neo tri beam is raw super damage. If you're comboing into it, I'm sure it won't be nearly as insane. Though it looks like it may be fast enough to do it on reaction to some things?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Also it's a pretty bad tradeoff to do much more than one, as each one costs larger chunks of your lifebar and deals less damage, AND costs another meter on top of that. Also it's not Blue life either.

I guess the important question is if he can kill himself using it or if it just leaves him at 0 HP.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

please don't post clips from my twitch channel without my permission

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also it's a pretty bad tradeoff to do much more than one, as each one costs larger chunks of your lifebar and deals less damage, AND costs another meter on top of that. Also it's not Blue life either.

I guess the important question is if he can kill himself using it or if it just leaves him at 0 HP.

When he gets to low enough HP he tags out with a full health Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lil throwback I hadn't seen before
https://twitter.com/alexchevalier1/status/917132339230269440
"pulp fiction meets pokemon" -a writer who has never seen a martial arts film in their life and can only think of 1 violent film