Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Steve2911 posted:

That Josh Gad looking fucker has the best worst glasses.

Haha jikes. Looks like he's gone into a plumbing trade store and knocked them together in the aisle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Steve2911 posted:

That Josh Gad looking fucker has the best worst glasses.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Well deserved firing imo

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

onoflalks posted:

Well deserved firing imo

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Needs ears turning bright red, but otherwise perfect.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Next week's looks amazing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

God I despise their approach to blame and responsibility.

The burgers can't be called organic because the crumb isn't organic. You! The exact specific person who typed the word organic, that's your fault! Not the PM, who suggested organic burgers, and didn't check that they were organic.

We shouldn't have been at Brixton. You! The first guy to utter the words Brixton! That was your fault, not the huge team in Brixton that didn't decide to gently caress off elsewhere when they saw there wasn't people there.

We lost the task because we had no costings. You! The only guy who did costings! This is your fault!

Hang the lot of them.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wish the teams weren't so obviously constrained by how they're allowed to approach these tasks. Why not just let them adopt whatever strategy they like to make money selling burgers? Maybe they just want to sell cooked ones or just want to sell to the trade or be one big team or three small teams or do a veggie burger but no it's got to be two teams with a loving 'sub team' leader with two types of meat sold in the same way. It's just too managed.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

I wish the teams weren't so obviously constrained by how they're allowed to approach these tasks. Why not just let them adopt whatever strategy they like to make money selling burgers? Maybe they just want to sell cooked ones or just want to sell to the trade or be one big team or three small teams or do a veggie burger but no it's got to be two teams with a loving 'sub team' leader with two types of meat sold in the same way. It's just too managed.

This is true but at the same time they also have to arrange to have a camera crew and other watchful people following them around and they have to schedule everything around what they do, so there's probably a hard limit on how flexible they can be. I'm guessing they were given a choice of 2-3 locations to sell in.

It also makes it easier to compare how the two teams are doing I guess? :shrug:

I don't know it's an awful show.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's easy to compare the two teams however they do it you just count the money.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

Minute to minute I mean. 'The blokes' subteam are still packing burgers and the women's subteam are already selling leftover stock' is an easy way to compare (even though it's almost never accurate).

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

There's a lot of flexibility in some, later, tasks, but I rather think this is intentional in the first week(s) to make an edit that makes sense.
It can cut between sub-teams and you know what's going on by location alone and can focus on the nonsense they're saying.

Later episodes have the narrator bookend scenes to explain what each team is trying to achieve and how.

In the little freedom they had we witnessed people running around bridges trying to sell uncooked 'beef' to complete randoms leaving work, so I don't know what kind of madness you'd see if there wasn't some structure.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The Apprentice doesn't have a narrator does it?

And I'm not sure if you have inside knowledge of this series but based on recent years there's very little flexibility all the way to the end.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

The Apprentice doesn't have a narrator does it?

There always has been and he always says the same poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Khablam posted:

In the little freedom they had we witnessed people running around bridges trying to sell uncooked 'beef' to complete randoms leaving work, so I don't know what kind of madness you'd see if there wasn't some structure.

How can you say this like it's somehow a bad thing? Chaos is why we watch this drat show.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

How can you say this like it's somehow a bad thing? Chaos is why we watch this drat show.

Hatewatching is the one true way.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I dislike how so many people use myself instead of me, to try to appear smart and all sort of official-like. You rarely hear a "me" on this show.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Or even "I did". They all speak like poorly programmed fleshbots.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Chaos is good, but the task segment of the show is ~25mins and if half of that is explaining why some twit has sent 5 people out into london in a star formation we'd have less of the payoff.
They're given just enough rope to hang themselves with.
The tasks aren't perfect but they'd have to change things up a bit with the format at the same time to give a really open approach.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I can't find this anywhere on the internet, can a goon in shining armour help me out?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Manic X posted:

I can't find this anywhere on the internet, can a goon in shining armour help me out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b097rvk5/the-apprentice-series-13-1-burgers

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I like this watching this programme on television, though. It is good fun to watch berks making right wallies of themselves :newlol:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was at Stone food fair today and saw this.

Alana was not present, but according to that 'Brand Ambassador' (sigh) she is very 'hands on' and they have spoke on the phone loads. I will let you know what the quality of the stuff I bought (2 for £5, fairly reasonable for the slabs we got) after we have eaten it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Caught the back half of the first episode on repeat last night, that Charles is gonna get the bulletin from Sugah purely on being annoying regardless of his performance.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I was entirely set to bail like I did last year from the very start, but that was actually quite fun so I'll stick with it for now. Elizabeth looks far too much like someone I know and it's weird, she's just the same faffy wide-eyed kind of woman too. Elliot is doomed, the lady who PMd this time might do quite well if she's lucky.

Nice to see ol' Apprentice Thread Hero :allears: Tom :allears: back for a minute. I still use his stupid loving wavy nail file!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rondette posted:

I was at Stone food fair today and saw this.

Alana was not present, but according to that 'Brand Ambassador' (sigh) she is very 'hands on' and they have spoke on the phone loads. I will let you know what the quality of the stuff I bought (2 for £5, fairly reasonable for the slabs we got) after we have eaten it.

Is... is that a woman choking to death in the background?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I can't use iplayer in vietnam sadly, don't have a working vpn.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I think iplayer still gets owned by non-vpn solutions to geoblocking.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Finally found it after hundreds of pop-ups even with a firewall and adblock - task was quite boring. Bring back Jason Leech please.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's the Changing Rooms edition tonight!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Whoooop here we go

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

New glasses for, er, glasses.
No better though.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

smell my finger. do it. d'you want 250 grand or not

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Khablam posted:

New glasses for, er, glasses.
No better though.

which one but?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wtf, have they given them broom cupboards or something? Why would you let these mooks loose on your hotel?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Rondette posted:

Wtf, have they given them broom cupboards or something? Why would you let these mooks loose on your hotel?

It's the hotel version of "Lord Sugar's laid on some top retailers..."

e: gently caress yessssss Siobhan and Elizabeth on same subteam

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

onoflalks posted:

which one but?

Dad glasses girl now has hipster-lite glasses

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen breakdancing like that.