Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Please refrain from posting unmarked spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So the person who queued up the permaban sort of forgot to hit the button that deletes all images posted by the user over the last 6 hours :/ are there anymore posts of his in this forum?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Korean raws are out.

Looks like poo poo's about to hit the fan, but we'll have to wait till next month. Most of this chapter is the calm before the storm

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nothing happens. See you next month

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
And now the full translation is out

Sub Harrison posted:

We do actually get some new information here. The most important one seems to be that Eren was exchanging correspondence with Zeke via Falco. Also, Reiner might be an irredeemable monster for his actions but he's the best uncle.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Looks like we finally pick up the pace from the worldbuilding that's been going on for a while. Hopefully poo poo gets going next month.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Next chapter is going to be loving lit.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

No big action scenes this time. Eren meets his grandpa who has apparently been institutionalized? Lots of setup for what I can only assume is going to be something cool.

I don't like to metagame this kind of stuff usually, but I imagine next chapter is some more setup so Isayama can save whatever big event (hopefully some titans) he's got planned for chapter 100.

e: also very excited for whatever is gonna go down between Eren and Reiner

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So Asia is an actual place in the AoT world. What did Mikasa's birthmark or whatever look like again?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think the Eldians are going to like this "final solution".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MH Knights posted:

So Asia is an actual place in the AoT world. What did Mikasa's birthmark or whatever look like again?

It was never shown IIRC.

e: yea it was just a bandage on her arm

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Grandpa Yeager being revealed as a patient now was a really well done bit IMO.

The current chapters have been a bit slow but I've been enjoying the pace.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Schwarzwald posted:

Next chapter is going to be loving lit.

So many new faces this chapter.

They're gonna look great torn to bloody pieces. Marco's Revenge!

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

RatHat posted:

Maybe it's going to be something nice like they'll repatriate all Eldians to Paradis and establish friendly relations :shobon:

And then the Walldians cock it all up.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

I didn't realize the version I read was missing ~dozen pages.

I'm waiting for an official translation before I theory-craft too hard over Maggath's mice. Did he mean he's planting coup supporters in the Marleyan army, or is he implying he knows the Walldians have infiltrated the mainland? I'm also super confused over the baseball glove. I've always seen the story's finale as Eren vs Zeke so I don't see how they can be working together here. Next month is Shiganshina part 2. Founder/Freedom titan vs Warhammer with special guest Plot Armor and Jaw. loving hype.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Random detail I realized while lying in bed:

Reiner being welcomed into Eren's confidence is portrayed by him being lead into a basement.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schwarzwald posted:

Random detail I realized while lying in bed:

Reiner being welcomed into Eren's confidence is portrayed by him being lead into a basement.

I don't think that will be the case

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
It also parallels Annie being led underground. There's a pause when he looks at the stairs and recognizes the trap - and then enters anyway. Next month ought to be bananas.

EDIT: I'm also suspicious about just how beloved the Warhammer is. Literally everyone seems to be his lifelong bestie, and I suspect he may have some low-level version of the Coordinate power always active.
...or maybe he's just Titan Trudeau.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 6, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's the hair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Titan jesus

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe warhammer titan is actually a deliberately misleading name and all it does is make you super charismatic.

What if...he's been in titan form this entire time?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 6, 2017

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Calling my shot for the next chapter or two:

Eren's conversation with Reiner gets interrupted by Warhammer's announcement, which is to kill/transform all of the Eldians and ship them off. Eren transforms to fight him but gets his rear end kicked, and Reiner either jumps in to help or lets Eren eat him for a powerup since he's almost at the end of his lifespan anyways.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Don't we still not know who the Warhammer titan is? I thought they mentioned that they don't let people outside the family know.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think that will be the case

How do you read the end of the chapter, then? I thought what I said was pretty clearly what happened, but maybe I overlooked something.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 6, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Don't we still not know who the Warhammer titan is? I thought they mentioned that they don't let people outside the family know.

I think that Vili/Billie (man, I really hope it's the former) guy implied it was him? Something about having seen history with his own eyes? And this is kinda tenuous, but his hand shaking might imply that he's approaching the end of his tenure?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

In the previous chapter he says something to the effect of receiving memories from the warhammer titan but it's not very explicit, and until we see him transform or do some regeneration magic we won't know for sure.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm pretty drat intrigued with what's being teased as happening in the backdrop, with dealings between the general and the new ruling Eldian family (a coup d'etat?), and the mysterious letters of Eren. It's slow, but it's intriguing and tense. The revelation that the other nations hate the Eldians even more than Marley is also important, I thought maybe the protagonists would try to ally with another nation as the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I also liked the expression of the Billy?/Willy? Teiber, 'I'm simply holding the steering wheel'. Very good way to express that feeling of being in charge but not having the real control of a nation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK I've been zoning out over these past few chapters so either I missed some chapters altogether or more likely just haven't been paying enough attention, but why is Eren in Marley?? When did that happen or get implied? I thought the last thing we saw of Eren was him and Armin defending the port in titan-form.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Nate RFB posted:

OK I've been zoning out over these past few chapters so either I missed some chapters altogether or more likely just haven't been paying enough attention, but why is Eren in Marley?? When did that happen or get implied? I thought the last thing we saw of Eren was him and Armin defending the port in titan-form.

Them defending the port was the marleyeans just going, "They've been breaking our boats!" It's been implied that the cripple is someone to watch, most people assumed it was him anyway.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

That happened over at some moment over the course of the last four years, not right now.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

It's implied/shown that Eren snuck into Marley pretending to be a PTSD victim after the end of the conflict with the Mideast union. Amputee guy (Eren) has been showing up in panels since the second/third chapter post timeskip.

Presumably he and Armin were cracking ships over the course of the time skip, but there's nothing said that implies it was at all recent and/or would've disqualified him from sneaking in at the point in the story we're at.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

JahRoo posted:

It's implied/shown that Eren snuck into Marley pretending to be a PTSD victim after the end of the conflict with the Mideast union. Amputee guy (Eren) has been showing up in panels since the second/third chapter post timeskip.

Presumably he and Armin were cracking ships over the course of the time skip, but there's nothing said that implies it was at all recent and/or would've disqualified him from sneaking in at the point in the story we're at.

That's also assuming that the Marley assessment is accurate, we have no idea of what's been happening on Paradise.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It could very well be that every single ship was boarded, captured and reverse-engineered/repurposed by the eldians for their own use, no titans involved :black101:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just goes to show how little I've been paying attention to this thing ever since they got to the basement.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

RatHat posted:

the story the author has been setting up apparently wouldn't be complete without titan hitler :hitler:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Aumanor posted:

And now the full translation is out

We do actually get some new information here. The most important one seems to be that Eren was exchanging correspondence with Zeke via Falco. Also, Reiner might be an irredeemable monster for his actions but he's the best uncle.
Zeke may have been having second thoughts about going along w/ team marley. The baseball glove, Zeke scenes, and Zeke encouraging Reiner to end up going to Eren kind of hint at this. Zeke and Eren teaming up would be super weird given what happened previously though.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Conspiratiorist posted:

It could very well be that every single ship was boarded, captured and reverse-engineered/repurposed by the eldians for their own use, no titans involved :black101:

I'd fear the engineering prowess of the nation that created 3DMG. I'm waiting for some sick-rear end adapted technology.

That was harsh, did Eren intentionally trigger his grandpa out of spite?

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 8, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lamebot posted:

I'd fear the engineering prowess of the nation that created 3DMG. I'm waiting for some sick-rear end adapted technology.

Given what we know about him, I wouldn't blame him. I just caught up holy poo poo that reveal. :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lamebot posted:

asking someone if he has any regrets isnt harsh, what the gently caress