Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

HP: 3
Glory:4->5

Biggo was only half listening to the plans as they were being laid out, he was too focused trying to find some coal to attempt to punch into diamonds. Which is why when the recruitment option was brought up, what Biggo heard was something more along the lines of:

“... show of force... direct aggression... sway some of them onto our side... Fostis is a loyal subject of Frö... people... with the status quo.”

He interpreted this as that he had to convince the most loyal members of Fostis onto their side by projecting great force. Luckily, projecting great force was Biggo's primary talent! He sized up a likely target, one of the bigger miners (though not nearly as big as himself, Biggo, of course.) and challenged him to a round of freestyle armwrestling, one of the most popular past-times amongst physically strong Toans and Froans alike. It's similar in a lot of ways to regular armwrestling, except you can use your other arm to punch the other player. This is actually a lot trickier than it looks and has a lot of strategy involved. Sort of.

Freestyle Armwrestling:: 1d100+5= 100!

And Biggo was in rare form this day, dedicated as he was to the cause. He had never been much of a diplomat, usually preferring to speak with his fists, but he had never considered the possibility of diplomacy through punching! A new avenue seemed to open itself in front of him much in the same way as a way was open between the front teeth of the miner he had picked a fight with. Biggo... Was happy. And had completely forgotten about the coal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Name: Shiny
Glory: 0 -> 1
Skill: Stealin' Stuff

You know what would be good? If the other side had less soldiers and our side had more. Which means Shiny is going to Recruit Steal Some People.

(it's the same thing, right? "You should join us, we're better" is sort of like swiping someone's shiny things only one you do with your words and another you do with your hands. Because shiny things don't usually respond to words.)

Steal/Recruit Soldiers: 1d100+10 53

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

^^^ Hey - since you can't join the Avalanche-starting crew (that team's already full), what do you want your action to count as:

A) Scout The Foothills
B) Just Get Rowdy And Break Stuff
C) Something Else

???

Also, Blasphemaster, I hate to be a stickler like this but you've posted a total of 6 times in the thread thus far, so even with the extra Glory points that've been handed out sporadically I'm not quite sure how you could have 8 Glory points by now...

E: I just did the math.
if you've participated in every round since this game started, you should have earned 7 Glory points total by the end of this round.

Thus far, the rounds have been: 1.[Unmanned Gate] -> 2.[Stick Ogres] -> 3.[Downtime 1 ] + [ Caravan attack teams] -> 4.[Caravan/Loot] -> 5.[Downtime 2 & Fostis vote] -> 6.[Fostis attack teams].

Cornbread has been there since the start, so he should have 6 glory at the end of this turn. Please do correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere.

((Edited to reflect the number is actually 7, not 6 ))

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 6, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Cornbread has been there since the start, so he should have 6 glory at the end of this turn. Please do correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere.

There was a round where the top 6 rollers got an extra +1 Glory, Bamboo being one of them.

DK also granted someone an extra +1 Glory due to a story post.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

CourValant posted:

There was a round where the top 6 rollers got an extra +1 Glory, Bamboo being one of them.

DK also granted someone an extra +1 Glory due to a story post.

Those are all well and good. I tried to keep those in mind when I was doing the tallying:

Noggins (who got a bonus Glory when she won her sword) has saved up 7 Glory right now.
Qwäg, (who got a bonus 2 glory for their artwork) holds 4 Glory and spent 4 on Rituals.
Gawp, (who got a bonus 2 glory for their artwork) holds 6 Glory and missed the first 2 rounds.

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one has 8 Glory - not yet!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one has 8 Glory - not yet!

Sounds good.

As a check, is my (Bamboo's) Glory correct? Currently at 6, going in to 7 next round.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

CourValant posted:

Sounds good.

As a check, is my (Bamboo's) Glory correct? Currently at 6, going in to 7 next round.

Looks correct to me! I should have used your character as a metric - Bamboo's Glory-accounting is rather meticulous!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Looks correct to me! I should have used your character as a metric - Bamboo's Glory-accounting is rather meticulous!

Awww shucks, thanks! :shobon:

Being meticulous with numbers and accounting is kinda what I do. :clint:

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob
Glory: 5>6
Skill: bee keeping

Sneaking in? That sounds like the most exciting adventure. Hob scrabbles about, constructing a disguise to... Oh rats, they've left already.

What else to do... Climb! Higher! And higher!

Scout up higher: 1d100+5 60

Scrabbling as fast and as high as he can, Hob joins the others, ready for a rear attack

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Additional skills: Butterfly Beastmaster
Glory: 6->7

Wow! Butterflies sure were amazing! Not as amazing as the noble catapult of course, but they were pretty cool. So cool that Stårn was just itching to show off his new aptitudes. Maybe on the recruitment mission? Surely the locals would be so impressed by his AMAZING butterfly collection that they would immediately swap sides just to be able to be near such greatness.

Alas, due to only having picked up this hobby literal moments ago, the AMAZING butterfly collection of Stårn was still in fact but extremely average.

Recruit by awing with sweet buttefly collection: 1d100+16=50

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Here are the current team sizes for approaching Fostis:

• Blend In - [Difficulty 7]
    [7/7 soldiers, FULL]
  • Cause An Avalanche - [Difficulty 1+++]
    [1/1 soldiers, FULL]
  • Find Someone Important And Kill Them - [Difficulty 1+++++ Deadly]
    [1/1 soldiers, FULL]
  • Scout The Foothills - Difficulty 10+ Threat 10
    1/10 soldiers
  • Scout Up Higher - Difficulty 5++ Threat 2 Damage 2
    6/5 soldiers
  • Recruit Them - [Difficulty 30++]
    [7/30 soldiers]
  • Just Walk Into Town - Difficulty 50
    1/50 soldiers
  • Just Get Rowdy And Break Stuff - Difficulty 100 Threat 10
    2/100 soldiers
  • Something Else
    Noggins - swell army ranks with sticks
    Cornbread - rube shitberg machine

This info accounts only for the 28/99 hordemembers who posted before this.

Reminder: assume the horde's mooks will join your bandwagon if there's room.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 3, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skill: Unflappability
Glory: 5

Strategy: Recruit Them

Employing the thin veneer of detachment afforded him by his face, Gigs approaches Splut's recruitment efforts under the guise of an impartial third-party, arguing in favor of the Toan cause with a certain cold, dispassionate logic (1d100+15 = 52).

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 5
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy decided that she'd help out the recruitment efforts:
1d100+5: 77

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Name: Gloff
Skills:Lifting (using now), Swimming
Glory: 3

Gloff wonders how to help with any of these plans for a while, then gives up.
He walks up to Bully, bends over, grabs the box he's standing on and lifts it over his head.
Now everyone can hear the fancy man's fancy words!

Helping spread the word: 1d100+13=111

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Name: Dummy
Glory: 1
Skill: Charge!

Dummy charges directly into the town square! Since no one seems to be trying to kill him at the moment and he's not sure if these are dastardly enemies or just not-yet-friends looking at him confusedly, this ends up being a very enthusiastic Walk into Town

Walk into Town: 1d100 16

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Name: Agile
Glory: 6
Skill: Acrobatics

Here it was, the moment of truth, time to show that she really could hack it away from the circus and carve out her own destiny. It was time to scout the foothills: 1d100+6 19.

((I think orokos just plain hates this character. :v:))

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Name: Patsy
Skill: Baking

Patsy thought about blending in with the townsfolk, but decided that he just didn't want to get that close to people who would want to hurt him, at least not without enough of the horde to feel safe. So instead he volunteered to scout up high. He wasn't really a coward, he just was a lot more afraid of angry people than angry nature. You know where you stand with nature and it won't hurt you just because it feels like it.

Scouting 1d100+6 19 (ok maybe nature does just feel like hurting Patsy, the poor guy)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Gawp, Hat, Patsy, Pythag, Mason, Hob, and Flitter are....

Team Cliffhanger~!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

:five: dang the fanart is bonkers in this here thread

pity all of them are gonna die in a few hours when I update

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 4, 2017

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

:worship:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

:five:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

Wow; nice art dude. :allears:

Can't wait for the picture when we inevitably get to the Horde Blood Orgy scene.

Dog Kisser posted:

Hmmm.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Prince of Space posted:

Team Cliffhanger~!

holy poo poo! Patsy is getting famous!

Dog Kisser posted:

:five: dang the fanart is bonkers in this here thread

At least he will die the way he lived...

falling screaming off a cliff wait no...

Mithross fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 4, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you're not screaming from the fall off a cliff you're not really living.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Grimper considered the ‘plan’ from a vantage point occluded from the town’s view by a copse of scrub trees. Magda was even further off with the wagons, positioned to make a getaway should they need it. His men had presented a variety of plans, most of which were terrible, before settling on their final one, which was worse than all the rest. He consulted the list and frowned. They’d gotten lucky last time, but this spread the Horde so thin. He hoped wryly that their attempts at recruitment worked, because he did not have high hopes that the Unexpectables would come out of this unscathed.
  • Blend In - [Difficulty 7]
    7 Soldiers
  • Scout The Foothills - Difficulty 10+ Threat 10
    10 Soldiers
  • Scout Up Higher - Difficulty 5++ Threat 2 Damage 2
    10 Soldiers
  • Recruit Them - [Difficulty 30++]
    30 Soldier
  • Cause An Avalanche - [Difficulty 1+++]
    1 Soldier
  • Just Walk Into Town - Difficulty 50
    31 Soldiers
  • Just Get Rowdy And Break Stuff - Difficulty 100 Threat 10
    4 Soldiers
  • Find Someone Important And Kill Them - [Difficulty 1+++++ Deadly]
    1 Soldier
  • Make Stick Ogres - Difficulty 5
    5 Soldier
  • Make Shitvalanche - Difficulty 11 Soldier
And even if they did, clearly he needed to discipline a few of them. Nonsensical plans were one thing if they worked, but if they failed they were a waste of his valuable time. He tugged on his headdress and groaned aloud, startling some nearby birds. Why, oh why, was he consigned to take this fortress in the middle of nowhere instead of marching on the Red Plague’s cities? Of course, he knew why. He had done something unforgiveable, and he’d been left out here to redeem himself. Or to die in the attempt. He greatly suspected the Regency Council did not care which. His eyes narrowed and he plucked one of the fleeing birds out of the air. Monsterism, even in the smallest creatures. It was getting worse, too. He crushed the life out of it and watched his troops.

---
A group of travellers or nomads entered the town, talking loudly and alternately begging for food or for work. As it clearly wasn’t a rare occurence, the workers mostly ignored them, apart from a few drunkards who threw bottles and jeered at them. After things settled down a bit, the group sat down on the patio of a sympathetic bar and drank away their sorrows. One of them, a ruddy-skinned Fröman, sidled up next to an unfamiliar Töan who he’d met on the road. He offered her a drink, which she examined critically before taking a note in a booklet she’d secreted beneath her robe.
Qwäg the Risk Assessor detected hints of heavy metals in the ale, likely pollutants from mining runoff. Sloppy work, and easily avoided by those who knew what they were doing. She passed disdainfully, before heading out into the town, splitting up with her other companions. As they travelled, they noted that while for the most part Fostis was a town of miners, they also kept their families here. They saw children and couples, old men and women that were certainly not miners (or at least not anymore). No one looked particularly wealthy, but neither did they look destitute. Of the food they saw out in the open, they noticed a preponderance of mushrooms and goat meat, presumably locally harvested on both counts. And given the contamination of the ale, they had water (even slightly toxic water) available as well. In other words, Fostis was fairly self-sufficient. It was also, evidently, under-defended. Perfect.

---
Earlier that day, a score of Horde soldiers had made their way into the mountains surrounding Fostis. Though their individual climbing skill varied, between the group of them they had been able to scale the cliffs with relative ease, though each step threatened to send them cascading down. From up here, the real shape of the town was apparent - what appeared to be upper tunnels into the mine from the base looked to be some manner of storeroom, hidden from light and moisture and sealed tight. Pythag the Mathematician thought he could calculate the optimal route there, reducing the danger to them all…
...but in his distraction, he slipped, tugging the rest of the foothill scouts down the face of the mountain with him! Too filled with animal panic to simply cut him loose from their safety line, the whole group skidded and bumped down the walls until - at last - they managed to stabilize themselves. As one, they turned to glare at Pythag, who glared right back - he’d been the one who led them up there in the first place, and it was least they could do to have his back when he needed them! Sullenly, they all resumed their climb.
(Pythag, Ringo, Agile, and 7 Mooks take 1 Damage!) edit:nope i screwed up pythag is in the high-climb section - to avoid rewriting i'll just deem he didn't take damage

Further up, the high scouts watched helplessly as their comrades tumble down the mountainface. Fortunately, they’d tied themselves off seperately, knowing they’d be heading higher at any rate. With sighs of relief (some out of empathy, most out of pragmatism) they kept scaling higher. As they approached the storerooms the others had spotted, it became clear that they weren’t storing buckets and rags in there. Bright, angry notices flashed out from every surface, as well as fervent pleas to avoid the use of fire. Jackpot.
Flitter the Butterflyer and Gawp the Perceiver led the group, their fearlessness in the face of heights and patient contemplation working together to secure their safe travel to the stone lip of the storehouse cutout. Once they arrived, they secured the lines, allowing the others in their group access - including the foothills scouts, if they ever got their act together. The storeroom, on further inspection, was locked shut, limiting their options. However, the stone staircase cut into the mountain, leading down and away, would be very helpful indeed.

---
Over the course of the day, even more of the Unexpectable Horde filtered into town. They listened and they watched, they played their parts, and they looked for cracks. For disatisfied people, for bored people, for angry people. They could always be found and exploited, and the Unexpectables needed soldiers.
Splut the Bluffer proved particularly adept at convincing those individuals to consider their position, with the not-inconsiderable help of Bully the Orator and his assistant Gloff the Lifter’s support. It turned out that Fostis was ripe for the picking, between the nomads and bored miners and the drunkards who had already been kicked out of every bar. The recruiters typically omitted the fact that commiting to the Unexpectable cause would potentially require them to fight against their relatives and neighbours, but they’d cross that bridge when they came to it.

However, the trickling of the Horde into the town grew a trifle suspicious. The first inklings of a problem came with Snödis the Poet strode out of the wilderness and sat in town, stubbornly refusing all attempts to converse with her. This alone wouldn’t have been unusual, but she was among many strange new visitors to their town this day… normally they didn’t simply stick around, either, they’d ask for work, or they’d buy what they needed and moved on.
It wasn’t in the nature of the people of Fostis to assume things based on background, but it certainly was strange that all these Töans suddenly came to town all at once, wasn’t it? That wasn’t enough to cause a riot, no, certainly not… but it was fair to say that the people held their pickaxes a trifle tighter, narrowed their eyes a little more.

It got even worse when a few of the newcomers got a little rowdy and started breaking things. Pots, struts, even loose particles of blasting putty that had escaped the notice of the workers. They caused such a commotion that a group of off-duty miners charged them with fists and bricks.
They were easily put down with a flurry of blows, bound in wire, and thrown into prison to sober up. They were either drunk or mad, and either way had no business being on the streets. Something was wrong, here!
(Spleen, Tharbad, and 1 Mook take 1 Damage!)

---
High in the mountains, off on his own, Gado the Digger spotted a ruckus in town. It looked as though those fools had gotten themselves into a pile of trouble. He would need to bail them out - again. He shook his head and chuckled as he prepared his masterpiece, a swarm of stone and earth that would demolish buildings and cause a massive distraction - enough for the Unexpectables to turn the tide! He drew out his trusty Mole and whispered into its tiny ears as it swatted at him furiously with its sharp spade claws, then released it, ushering in a wave of destroying earth!
The Mole instead curled into a ball, rolling and bouncing down the mountain until it came to a sickening stop at the base. Woozily, it uncoiled, then burrowed into the earth and vanished, leaving Gado alone and impotent.

---
Graxon the Bonegineer slipped away from the scene of the crime, keeping his face studiously neutral. Bonitis was the perfect cover, and surely not an entirely unforseen eventuality in this place. With strange inclusions in the groundwater and years of backbreaking labour, was it any surprise that the great tension on weakened bones would prove to be too much for the old fellow? Still, with the token in his pocket, he was surprised it had been so

A pickaxe punctured his lung, dropping him gasping to the floor, before the second blow stove in his brainpan. The Mayor, wheezing, spat on his corpse, before straightening his twisted form. He hadn’t been forced to use his Skill in ages, but Bello the Contortionist had survived this long by being adaptable. He kicked open a door to his assistant’s office, slapped the man, and screamed into his face: “You blind fool, we’re under attack! Sound the alarm!”
(Graxon is killed!)

---
A thunderous clangour arose in town, pitching everyone into confusion. A three-bell alarm? What the hell was that for again? One bell was fire, two bells was a cave-in… invasion? Here? People ran to and fro, rounding up nomads and ordering them to stay put, tossing obvious vagrants into prison, and generally keeping their eyes out for trouble. “Look, out there!” On the horizon, a veritable army of figures stood, their skinny limbs terrifying against the fog in the distance. For a moment.
“Hey, those are just stick ogres! Get them!” A contingent swept out towards those who had held back, terrifying Noggins the Carpenter out of her wits. Her carefully crafted plan had failed! If only the others had done their jobs!

---
In town, everyone was so distracted they didn’t see it coming, only heard “CORNBREAD!” on the wind.
A sad little poop rolled by.

---
Grimped slapped his forehead in frustration as the morons he had been lashed to hosed everything up so completely he wasn’t sure how they’d get out of it. He really didn’t want to reveal himself if he didn’t need to - impossible dishonour should he fall in combat against the massed forces of this nothing town - but losing them all now would make his duty a fair bit more difficult. For now, he watched. He signalled Magda just in case; they may have to pull out of here quicker than he thought.

(Alright, that could have gone better - but it wasn’t a COMPLETE loss! Your forces are split up currently, and you hold some cards in your hands yet. Your recruitment was successful, giving you 10 extra Mooks to work with in town. They’ll be getting art custom art ASAP, but for now we’ll leave them faceless. Here’s your next set of options, and bear in mind that they’re split up based on your current location - you can only pick stuff from within an appropriate location, and assume you only KNOW about stuff that happened nearby, too. People up above have a better idea of what’s going on down below, but not total knowledge.

Mountainside [22 Soldiers]
    Mountain scouts, Avalanche and Shitvalanche guys, you’re in this group. You have the vantage point, you have rear entry into the town, and you have a locked room full of probably mining explosives.
  • Sort Out That Locked Door! - Difficulty 2
    It's a locked door, and it's pretty firm, but you're sure you can figure it out!
  • Threaten The Town! - Difficulty 10 (req: Open Door)
    Threaten the town with explosives for fun and profit!
  • Blow EVERYTHING! - Difficulty 10++++ Threat 9 Danger 2 (req: Open Door)
    Just light stuff and see what happens!
In Town [68 Soldiers + 10 Recruits]
    Guys Blending in, Recruiting, and Walking Into Town, you’re in this group. You’re split up and surrounded by people (mostly townsfolk with pickaxes and stuff, not soldiers), but otherwise you’re out in the open.
  • Fight Back - Difficulty 50++ Threat 10
    They've got your surrounded, but that doesn't mean you can't fight em' off!
  • Kill The Mayor - [Difficulty 10+ Threat 10 Danger 2]
    The Mayor's already killed one of your number, break through their lines and kill him!
  • Give Up - Difficulty 0 Threat 100
    Nope, this is too hard. Give up and hopefully they can defend you from Grimper's wrath... after they beat you up a bit!
  • Redirect The Mob - Difficulty 40
    It's an angry mob, but mobs are fickle things. Say, those Stick Ogres outside of town look suspicious. It's them! Sure,
    it'll make like a little tougher for them, but easier for you!

• Search The Mine - [Difficulty 5+++ Threat 5]
    The mine is probably full of rare material... if you can sneak out of here!
In Jail [3 Soldiers + 1 Recruit]
    Break Stuff guys, you’re in jail. Also you found a guy who’s willing to help you, neat! You’re locked in a cell, there’s two guards outside, and they’re mighty distracted by what’s going on outside.
Stick Ogre Goofballs [5 Soldiers]
    You’re outside of town, with a group of people charging towards you. You have a bunch of stick ogres… and that’s it. Good luck!
  • Ambush! - [Difficulty 5 Threat 5]
    You have precious little time... but you do have some Ogres to hide in!
Suggest plans for now - I'm out of time due to the unfortunate outage today, but I'll gather them and make a formal list here later. Try to stick together where possible, you've seen what splitting up too far does. Art coming later, out of time! )

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 6, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
Glory: 7 -> 7 + 1 (Action Glory)
Skill: Basket Weaving [On Cool-Down -> Available]

Suggestion (In Town):

Bamboo cringed as the warning bells rang. Of course. Here she was, trying to blend in, and as usual, it all goes to ‘Pot’; only now she was in the town as it was rallying to defend itself.

Still, it could have been worst, at least the Horde was able to find some new recruits.

There’s nothing more for it, she supposed. They lost their surprise, time to rally those she could and storm the mayor’s office. There has to be baskets in there.

Come. With. Me! KILL. THE. MAYOR!!!

***** Edit *****

Are we making suggestions or actually rolling actions this round? If we're actually rolling, I'll edit in a roll once DK confirms.

***** Edit 2 *****

Action: Kill. The. Mayor!: 1d100+7 102 [1d100=95] :black101:

CourValant fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 5, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Name: Shiny
Glory: 1 -> 2
Skill: Stealin' Stuff

Okay. Okay, Shiny has a plan.

...no, no, hear me out for a sec.

The thing about Angry Mobs, in Shiny's experience, is that it is always better to be part of one than to be surrounded by one. So as she sees the townspeople start to surround them, she's immediately looking for Something To Distract Them. And look! There's a bunch of soldiers running outside of town towards stick ogres!

So she points in that direction, and bellows, "HEY! LET'S GET 'EM!" and starts running off like she's joining the soldiers to go kill stick ogres.

Directing Mob Violence: 1d100+1 54

If it works and the mob runs off too, then it's a simple matter of running slower than the rest of the mob, waiting until the mob is in front, and then making with the stabbing while they're paying attention to things that aren't her. Simple!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skill: Carpentry
Glory: 7->8

Noggins stepped back to admire her team's handiwork. Not bad, if she said so herself. Some of the back ranks were a bit sloppy, but they'd build a veritable forest of stick ogres, their ranks just disorganized enough to look natural. Yes, surely Grimper would recognize her cunning after the enemy was fooled into--

"Hey, They're just stick ogres! Get them!"

Noggins froze. They'd seen through it already? How! They should've been too distracted by an avalanche, an assassination, and general poo poo-stirring to give her army a close look! Had everyone else just wandered off into the hills?

Her mind raced for options. There wasn't any cover to escape to--she'd chosen a big empty space to make the army as visibly imposing as possible. And charging that rabble head-on was suicide...

"Hide in the stick ogres!" Noggins hissed under her breath to her compatriots. "They won't be able to group up in there, and with the fog, they'll have trouble picking us out of the group!". Her hand went to the sword that Grimper gave her, feeling its comfortable weight in her grip. "And when their back is turned... well, you all know what to do with Fromen. Kill 'em dead!"

Ambush In The Stick Ogre Jungle: 1d100+8 74

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 5, 2017

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Skill: Sleuthing [used]
Glory: 2 ---> 3

"Hum... looks like they're catching on," whispered Humbug to his compatriots as they huddled in for a quick conference. Shiny's idea of directing the mob OUT of the town wasn't half bad - Humbug even felt it could be improved on. As someone who had been at the other end of a mob once or twice in his days, he knew well that to avoid its wrath you could either be IN the mob, BEHIND the mob or you could be the loudest VOICE of the mob.

After a quick word to his comrades, the Sleuth walked up to and tapped a lonely pick-axe wielding Fröman on his shoulder. When the burly fellow turned, Humbug punched him in the midriff and followed up with a knee to the nose. As the scuffle started attracting attention, Humbug cried out; "I caught me another intruder! This lot's dressed like miners, thinkin' they're so clever! Let's rough 'em all up and get 'em to jail, sort 'em out there!" he shouted to anyone who'd listen, while he wrestled the Fröman into a classic 'I got you now perp' hold and slammed his face into the dirt to keep him from defending himself (or being recognized). If enough townsfolk could be confused into violence at their own defenders inside town or, as Shiny suggested, be directed out into (largely empty) fields OUTSIDE town - well, who'd have the most soldiers still left in this fairly defensible - and defenseless - town, then?

With any luck, a surrender could be forced pretty easily from there.

Directing Mob Violence - The ol' Reverse Inquisition: 1d100+2 52

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 4, 2017

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcore: Sitting Quietly
Glory: 4->5

"Perfect", Snödis thought to herself as the Three Bell Alarm sounded and utter confusion enveloped the town as an avalanche utterly failed to bury everything. "That'll keep them occupied long enough for me to slip into the mine unnoticed, so I can locate the best stuff before we inevitably blow the mine up by accident. Yes, but I'd need some way to deliver it back to base camp unnoticed..."

"Hey Stårn! Follow me! I have a job for you!"

Search the Mine for Precious Minerals: 1d100+5 84

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Potrait:

Naim: Mason
Skillz: Mason Hootin' an' Hollerin'
HeeP: Mason Mason Mason
Glury: Masonx6

"will, eff wee cooldn't git en eny oder whey, ey reckn' ey cood yuus me thankin' applelattice te mak te lawked boom boom dor bested opun" Mason said, pointing to his head.

"welp, wai den't yoo fare felks greb a huld ef me an' wee ram mai noggin' to te dor. Les gooo!". Mason barrels towards the door head first!

Mason Battering Ram!: 1d100+6 14

Absolutely nothing will go wrong here, we are sure of it!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging [on cooldown Next Turn]
Glory: 1>2

"Hm." Gado had been absolutely sure that was going to work, but having seen the results he's a little taken aback. In hindsight he probably would have done better if he'd had a skill core relating to animal training, but that was a thing to ponder on in safer times.

Having avoided being long distances Grimped, Gado makes his way down the cliffs he'd set up on and seeks out the rest of the mountain crew.

When Mason slurs out the suggestion that they should break into the explosives shed, Gado is more than enthusiastic to help. It takes a few moments, but Gado manages to dig some divots in the ground for folks to brace against before smashing Mason's head into a door, and with that he takes a grip n one of Mason's shoulders and prepares to smash down a door, it couldn't be that hard afterall, a door was basically just a tiny gate!

Mason Battering Ram: Smash down that gate door 53

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 4, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Additional skills: Butterfly Beastmaster
Glory: 7 -> 8

The CATAPULT had been ingeniously infiltrated into the very midst of the enemy, clearly the best place for such an intimidating engine of war! Soon, phase two of his plan would unfo-

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

"Hey Stårn! Follow me! I have a job for you!"

Oh that was way better. Going with this plan, they'd get all the Best Rocks sooner, and the sooner they had all the Best Rocks, the sooner they could use them for a sieging action. Yes! Stårn scrawled a messy 'reserved for siege use' on all the Best Rocks that Snödis hauled him and shot them straight towards their own army camp.

Old Grimper would be so impressed!

using SIEGE WEAPONS to help loot all the Best Rocks for our own use before they get trashed by combat (Plan: Loot & Pillage)=93

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Name: Hat
Skill: Millinery
HP: 3/3
Equipment: Leather Armour (+1)

Climbing was not Hat's cup of tea. It was only thanks to the able assistance of Flitter and Gawp that she had managed to make the summit without causing herself a grevious injury. Still, the view was worth it; the mining town all laid out in front of them, our soldiers mingling with the crowds, the fields beyond the town boundaries, the clump of stick-ogres ahead of Grimper's position, the Fröan soldiers marching toward them with swords aloft... Only then did the sound of three alarm bells reach Hat's ears. Ah, she thought. The Jig Is Up.

She was distracted from the viewpoint by a whump sound from inside. Entering the room, she saw Mason reeling from his first headbutt attempt. Trying to bash down the door with a completely unprotected head! This wouldn't do. As Gado set to work digging divots, Hat quickly located a spare mining helmet, discarded by a lazy miner due to its faulty light, slapped some spare padding inside and plonked it on Mason's head. "There you go. See if that helps," she said to the Töan battering ram.

Helping Mason break down that door with a new hat!: 1d100+10+6 111 :tipshat:

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob
Skill: bee keeping

Standing at the top of the cliff with the other nine, looking at the fiery symbols, high up in the cold, away from the bulk of the army and the towering form of Grimper... It was scary.

Hob isn't a warrior! Hob isn't a hero! Hob is a beekeeper, a dreamer! Hob is... Thinking in third person.

just like the knights from their childhood stories.

Drawing his stick rapier and plunging it into the cool soil, Hob strikes a pose.

Looking at Gawp, Hat, Patsy, Pythag, Mason, and Flitter, and gesturing towards the shed, Hob forces a laugh.

"Ha! Here we are poised to strike! Fiery treasures an arm away!
We just need to coordinate a plan

A hut all the way out here, you wouldn't want to forget your key, maybe one is hidden nearby, we could look.

Of course breaking in is an option, but we don't want an explosion.

And perhaps we should think about transporting the explosives safely on a sled?

And then to the town! To threaten the town with explosives, or actually blow up a strategic target (???)"

Hob's eye and voice changes, pleading, seeking approval.

"What do yous think?"

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Name: Gryph
Glory: 4
Skill: Bandaging/Medicine (on cooldown)

Gryph added his voice to the general confusion. 'Get them ogres!' he cried, trying to stir more of the Fromen into leaving the town and abandoning their position.

Convincing townsfolk to attack the hated enemy!: 1d100+4 100

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning

Well, things went bad fast. Thinking quickly, Portha beckoned to the Unexpecteds near her and shouted an order to regroup with the rest of the stranded Horde members, taking advantage of the confusion other Horde members were apparently causing.

Regroup with the rest of the Horde in town, fighting off any guards or angry townsfolk still hanging around 1d100+6=76

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

soo... that locked door is pretty much open. if you are one of the scouts, the explosives are ours!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

soo... that locked door is pretty much open. if you are one of the scouts, the explosives are ours!

Somewhere in town, Spleen curses all the gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Name: Dummy
Glory: 2
Skill: Charge!

Aha! Dummy finally has a direction to charge in! With all the soldiers running towards the mighty stick army, Bamboo wants to kill the mayor! Surely that's very dangerous, so he can go first! Dummy charges right for the biggest, most fancy building in town to hit the biggest, most fancy person in town with his hammer!

Charge!: 1d100+12 79