Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
This kills the monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
If you're lucky.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Phanatic posted:

If you're lucky.

I see I'm not the only one playing Shadow of Mordor

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda posted:

I would kill myself on a motorcycle, so I'm not sure, but aren't helmets supposed to be sized for safety reasons?

He's basically doing everything he can wrong

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

BUILDING
A COUNTRY
THAT WORKS
OR EVERYONE

...or everyone what? :ohdear:

PCOS Bill posted:

He's basically doing everything he can wrong

not quite

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More like Pimp Boy am i rite?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

When I was reading up on the dogs used as tank mines I found this...

According to Pr. Shi Bo, in "Trente-six Stratagèmes Chinois" (in French, ISBN 2-911858-06-9), monkeys were used in the beginning of the Southern Song Dynasty, in a battle between rebels of the Yanzhou (Yasuo) province and the Chinese Imperial Army, led by Zhao Yu. The monkeys were used as live incendiary devices. The animals were clothed with straw, dipped in oil and set on fire. They were set loose into the enemy's camp, thereby setting the tents on fire, and driving the whole camp into chaos.

I know it should not be funny but the thought of dressing up the monkeys in little straw outfits before lighting them on fire is just too much.

That doesn't beat the Ball of Burning Men. King Charles of France and five of his buddies dressed up like Wild men, by getting sewn in linen bodysuits and covering the bodysuits in resin and grass. They broke into some fancy ladies wedding party and danced around and caused a ruckus. The King's brother, attempting to determine the identity of one of the disguised men, held a torch right up to his face and caught them all on fire.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And thus was born Cirque du Soleil.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't beat the Ball of Burning Men. King Charles of France and five of his buddies dressed up like Wild men, by getting sewn in linen bodysuits and covering the bodysuits in resin and grass. They broke into some fancy ladies wedding party and danced around and caused a ruckus. The King's brother, attempting to determine the identity of one of the disguised men, held a torch right up to his face and caught them all on fire.

Edgar Allen Poe's "Hop Frog" is basically this. A little person jester smarter than everyone thinks he is puts them up to it because they make fun of him like, constantly.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I like Olga of Kiev tricking all the stupid men and burning down the countryside with flaming pigeons. This story totally definitely happened.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
[quote="“JoelJoel”" post="“477064927”"]
I like Olga of Kiev tricking all the stupid men and burning down the country side with flaming pigeons. This story totally definitely happened.

[/quote]

Ghostbusters 3 should've been based around this painting

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fun fact, some people believe that the king's brother knew the king was one of the wildmen, and intentionally set them on fire in the hopes that it would kill the king and he would get to gently caress the queen

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fun fact, some people believe that the king's brother knew the king was one of the wildmen, and intentionally set them on fire in the hopes that it would kill the king and he would get to gently caress the queen

also, this king was insane and decided he was made of glass and was afraid that he would shatter if he moved suddenly. http://www.maximumfun.org/sawbones/sawbones-glass-delusion

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I literally shuddered.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

More like Pimp Boy am i rite?

That's Vault Boy.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
From vault 5318008?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_owyldlvwHS1sx42um.mp4#_=_

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_orauttXvLx1vnq1cr.mp4#_=_

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ox8w3sYESr1vnq1cr.mp4#_=_

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Hmm. I was told these pictures should come with a subtle nutsack.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

I hate it when people half-rear end stuff like this.

Come on where are the long white socks to finish this picture!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rangpur posted:

1. Goats are notoriously bad at tactical espionage action
2. At some point, someone would get drunk or high or cave to peer pressure and gently caress the goat, then PETA would get on their rear end and nobody wants to deal with that poo poo
3. Goats do not require a multi billion R & D contract that goes to an engineering firm in a swing state

Give the goats a shot for gosh sakes!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://giant.gfycat.com/HandmadeHelpfulArrowana.webm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Was she hot?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

JoelJoel posted:

I like Olga of Kiev tricking all the stupid men and burning down the countryside with flaming pigeons. This story totally definitely happened.

Real or no that's a sweet loving picture.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAg1r6zw7Bg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love that movie

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Donald Trump is President. You LIVE that movie.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I think my favorite part of that is the ad marquee in the lower right running in the wrong direction.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/shriekhouse/status/915284893038284800

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Find the thread you meant to post that in or get therapy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Huh. Seals are a lot less goofy looking and way more terrifying underwater.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That penguin i all just " ...gently caress"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

There are rare confluences in the history of the world where random chance conspires to make apparent the underlying nature of reality.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The creep you out too? Join the club.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Facebook Aunt posted:

Also they can get up to 3.5m /11.5ft long and weigh up to 600kg / 1,320 lb which is more than twice as heavy as a male African lion, they're huge.

Luckily they tend to regard human divers as idiot useless baby seals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmVWGvO8Yhk
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Facebook Aunt posted:

:science: That is a Sea Leopard, easily the most terrifying seals. They eat pretty much anything smaller than themselves- including other seals.

Johnny Aztec posted:

That penguin i all just " ...gently caress"

That penguin is already dead- they like playing with their food.