Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Takoluka posted:

why isn't the Squid Girl outfit back in the game yet

please fix this, Nintendo

That's almost certainly a licensing thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Famitsu ran a contest for fan-submitted gear/graffiti - the top two images will be added to the game, the others are runners up: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201710/05143209.html

That target dummy suit is genius :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Those look great but also I want the traditional outfit that won the Famitsu votes last time round.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Great submission.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Takoluka posted:

why isn't the Squid Girl outfit back in the game yet

please fix this, Nintendo

Licencing issues (Nintendo would have to get the approval of 3 different companies) and both the show and the manga ended a long time ago. So I doubt it'll make it back into Splatoon 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cool: it's finally finished. I wish I could turn the hat backwards though

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I wanted the cowboy outfit to win.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 4, 2017

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Managed to roll up some good abilities on my little engineer/PPE outfit, though I'd like to get full bomb defence on the helmet eventually. I've been having a pretty good run on splatzones just using the Jr. since inkstorms seem to help out a lot with taking back the zone.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Managed to roll up some good abilities on my little engineer/PPE outfit, though I'd like to get full bomb defence on the helmet eventually.

I have the mining helmet with pure bomb defense if you want to try and get it from Murch, though I won't be on until later this evening.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Shame Boner posted:

I have the mining helmet with pure bomb defense if you want to try and get it from Murch, though I won't be on until later this evening.

GrizzCo gear is considered to be special gear, so it can't be ordered through Murch.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Famitsu ran a contest for fan-submitted gear/graffiti - the top two images will be added to the game, the others are runners up: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201710/05143209.html
The target practice dummy is great, it's like the Splatoon equivalent of a hotdog suit. I just hope the head and body segments are combined when you wear both at the same time, otherwise it's going to look awkward when the head and body rotate independently from each other. Cowboy/girl outfit is a million times better than the camo sniper outfit, I don't know what the judges were thinking other than "what is the quickest/cheapest/easiest outfit that we can model and texture for the next update".

Owers fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 5, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I hate to break it to you, but we're only getting the kelp outfit. All the other entries are just runner ups, and aren't making it into the game.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

Oh, I interpreted "top two images" as being top two outfits, didn't realise the graffiti was a thing. Lame.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That sucks. All of the other stuff is cool as hell.

Cowboy Suit feels like it would be a far cooler set of gear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm fine with the gillie suit on the condition that it come with abilities that are least suited to chargers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm fine with the gillie suit on the condition that it come with abilities that are least suited to chargers

Ninja Squid + Sub Power Up please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where. Is. The. Splatfest.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Dat feel when you are down 1-33 in Rainmaker, but personally dunk it home with less than 30 seconds left. I make it rain.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Western Squid is loving dope. Shame we won't get it in game, probably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deltron 3030 posted:

Dat feel when you are down 1-33 in Rainmaker, but personally dunk it home with less than 30 seconds left. I make it rain.

I would like to remember what it was like to even win a ranked mode of any kind without a time out personally

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Where. Is. The. Splatfest.

I'm betting they push it to the end of the month to actually coincide with Halloween.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm betting they push it to the end of the month to actually coincide with Halloween.

I hope it's before Mario is out because otherwise I'll miss it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I have a new pet peeve in Salmon Run. People who do nothing but stay in the cannons in the Cohock Charge waves all day. Yes, please leave only 2 people fetching eggs, that's really gonna help us clear the wave. That poo poo might fly when the quota is like 12 or so, but when we need to collect 29 eggs to not fail the wave, you can't just sit on your rear end all day being useless. There's no need to be in the cannons all the time. There's gonna be lulls in the wave, and there's at least 1 other person who can help keep the Salmonids at bay if necessary. Help collect the eggs whenever possible, you lazy butts!

When the hell is the quota ever anywhere near 29 eggs??

Also, the inverse is actually true because there's always some dumb rear end in a top hat who can't hop into the top cannon fast enough at the beginning of the round, only to inexplicably leave it 30 seconds later and come down to the field while you're loving overrun with thousands of Cohocks.

If you can't make you quota on a cohocks 'n' cannons round with two cannoneers and two runners (or at least, one guy who alternates between running and cannoning), then either your runners are loving up or the guys on the cannons are, because if they're any good you should be constantly running eggs and have little to no resistance from the mobs.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 5, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

raditts posted:

Also, the inverse is actually true because there's always some dumb rear end in a top hat who can't hop into the top cannon fast enough at the beginning of the round, only to inexplicably leave it 30 seconds later and come down to the field while you're loving overrun with thousands of Cohocks.

If you can't make you quota on a cohocks 'n' cannons round with two cannoneers and two runners (or at least, one guy who alternates between running and cannoning), then either your runners are loving up or the guys on the cannons are, because if they're any good you should be constantly running eggs and have little to no resistance from the mobs.

I once turned the center of lowtide Lost Outpost into a goddamn hatchery with my CANNON SKILLS and we still lost because the runners wanted to fight bosses instead of run.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

raditts posted:

its possible when there are a few higher up profreshionals in the team, highest quota i think ive ever got was 25 eggs

(everytime theres a new recruitment drive and the quota is only 11 eggs i lol to myself, lemme be sea-eo mr grizz)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/915864212236390401
Snapper Canal arrives... tomorrow or late today.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nice.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

Yay, new things. I wonder if the water level will change like it did in Mahi-Mahi Resort.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can't wait to play turf wars: LA river edition

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Can't figure out if the .52 Gal is any good or not compared to just the regular Splattershot- range is the same and the time it takes to splat someone kinda... seems the same?

aside from the Baller special hot dang that thing

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Official artwork for the toilet roll Splatfest.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Can't figure out if the .52 Gal is any good or not compared to just the regular Splattershot- range is the same and the time it takes to splat someone kinda... seems the same?

The appeal of it is that it's a 2-shot weapon. Though it got massively nerfed from Splatoon 1 to 2, since the RNG spread makes it a lot more unreliable unless you're a lot closer.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah I was sorta surprised by the .96 gal the same way. Then I noticed every once in a while I'd be lighting someone up, waiting for them to die and I start looking at my watch wondering what's going on. The RNG doesn't bite you that often but when it does it's frustrating.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Are we really only getting splatfests every other month now? :(

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Where did you get that idea from? We aren't even a week into the month yet.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/915864212236390401
Snapper Canal arrives... tomorrow or late today.
Official date for the US is 7 AM PT, October 6th

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm imagining they're fiercely debating whether to hold it the weekend Mario Odyssey comes out or not since that's halloween weekend

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

Official artwork for the toilet roll Splatfest.

For official artwork, this is peculiarly hard to trace. Where did this pop out from?

EDIT: Oh, it is official.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 5, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• EU Front Roll vs Back Roll - October 7th 16:00 CET

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Nintendo accidentally leaked their Splatfest announcement prematurely, so no Japanese Splatfest this weekend. There will be an announcement though.

The Pacific league might also get their Halloween Splatfest announcement this weekend. Or maybe not.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 5, 2017

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally came around to the splat roller. Holy gently caress was I missing out. Thing just murders squids. Took me a while to get the hang of the vertical flick, but it's crazy good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked up the octobrush today and loving it, working on a good gear load out for it as well. Ninja Squid + a Billion Swim speed boosts is a deadly combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• EU Front Roll vs Back Roll - October 7th 16:00 CET

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Nintendo accidentally leaked their Splatfest announcement prematurely, so no Japanese Splatfest this weekend. There will be an announcement though.

The Pacific league might also get their Halloween Splatfest announcement this weekend. Or maybe not.

So this is just EU splatfest? Meaning NA still has a chance at a theme that's not dumb as all hell?