Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Rock n Roll Nightmare is basically all for the last five minutes. And the wait it very much worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

New riff! Merlin the Return!

https://www.rifftrax.com/merlin-the-return

quote:

Merlin, the legendary wizard is stuck inside a terrible nether dimension. Meanwhile, the former stars of Wayne’s World, Highlander, and The Young Ones are stuck in a terrible movie about Merlin, the legendary wizard.

Merlin wants to escape the nether dimension, which makes sense because the nether dimension looks like a black light barfed glo-sticks all over a Spencer’s Gifts. Unfortunately, his arch foe Mordred wants to leave too. Assisting him is Tia Carrere who has built an interdimensional portal. (She was hoping to be able to travel into Mike Myer’s house to beg him to make Wayne’s World 3.)

Eventually, King Arthur, Lancelot, Merlin, Mordred, and all their armies wind up in modern day… Uh, England? America? South Africa? Wherever it is, they have what is undoubtedly the fakest Stonehenge in film history. Spinal Tap wishes their Stonehenge looked this fake. There are ghost-skeletons in this movie that look more realistic than this Stonehenge and ghost-skeletons aren’t even a thing!

Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, Sir Gawain, but NOT The Green Knight for Merlin: The Return!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
But how is it? And how is the latest Bridget & Mary-Jo feature riff?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

I bought it and it's a very goofy movie on its own. Bad CGI too but the monster effects were not that terrible .Thought the riff was great, kept me engaged all the way through.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Sure, it's daft as arseholes, but Rik Mayall :swoon:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh nice, they also have The Sword and the Dragon MST3K for sale, which is the only episode from the Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIV DVD that I do not have and I love this movie. I understand about as much of what is happening in Sword and Dragon as I do in Last Slumber Party. I watched a bunch of Rifftrax with hurricane Irma refugees staying in my house because my house is at twelve feet of elevation /proud. Between the all of us we're not quite sure what the gently caress anyone but Shelley Hack is doing in that movie.*

* [/spoiler]Shelley Hack does not actually make an appearance in the movie.[/spoiler]

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

RandomPauI posted:

Deadly Instincts, the new one from Bridget and Mary Jo is great. Once again, it's two friends riffing and laughing at another inept movie.

edit: "Varsity nipples!"

Ajax 99 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 20, 2017

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New VOD is up - The Psychotronic Man.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Watching Deadly Instincts with Mary Jo and Bridget. I love how the accents are all over the place.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The two Dr. Who movies are back!! If you missed them before, go get them now!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This is a great release! Everyone should check it out.

One of my favorites for the year!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Star Games is a huge slog to get through. The riffs aren't all that great either. On the other hand, Grizzly is was funny as hell. Those death scenes are something else.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Canned Panda posted:

The two Dr. Who movies are back!! If you missed them before, go get them now!

Oh wow, top tip -- just grabbed them.

Every time I buy a VOD lately, though, it shows up on Amazon Prime about a week later :(

Not that I object to chucking some £££ in the Rifftrax direction, but I'd rather be buying ones that don't show up on AP.

ETA - one of the more recent ones I did purchase (with no regrets) was Star Wars Holiday Special; I saw it on original transmission (and remember being excited as heck to see Han Solo and all that, but baffled as gently caress by the 18 hours of Wookie family footage that preceded it -- plus my dad getting increasingly irritated that we were watching that instead of whatever cop show he wanted to watch at the time). But more importantly, not only had Mr Boods never seen it, he somehow never knew it existed. Bliss. (This is the same guy who grew up in Britain and had never seen Blake's 7 or had any idea how it ended; that was a terrific ride, as well).

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 27, 2017

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

What the heck even was that?! It felt less like a movie and more like a mad libs game. Great riff, though!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm 95% sure this movie is tomorrow's release.

https://youtu.be/YA0Y77KfvsY

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That looks gloriously corny.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Today's new release? Yep: Oblivion.

https://www.rifftrax.com/oblivion

quote:

It’s Cowboys & Aliens in the Wild Wild West! How could a sci-fi western about either of those things possibly be bad?

A sleepy western town has been overrun. Not by varmints, but by D-list actor cameos! No amount of fame is too minor or fleeting to warrant disproportionate amounts of screentime!

Issac Hayes! Julie Newmar! And of course a rarely seen acting appearance by professional meme sharer George Takei!

Standing in their way is the evil alien Redeye, who has fallen on hard times after his successful southern gravy campaign. He’s in a bad mood, possibly because whatever his cheap lizard mask is made of is itching like hell, maybe even causing a lifelong skin condition. At the very least it certainly can’t smell very good.

All this, plus sexy cyborgs, steampunk sidekicks, some actually pretty cool stop motion effects, that creepy guy from Twin Peaks, (no, not that one, the other one), and zero, we repeat ZERO huge robot spiders! Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Oblivion!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

New Bridget & Mary Jo short!

https://www.rifftrax.com/boredom-at-work

quote:

Before this groundbreaking film, boredom at work was known as the silent killer. This black and white short from 1961 was part of a series of films produced by the Mental Hygiene Division of the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

Watch it with Bridget and Mary Jo and learn how to recognize the warning signs. You - yes, YOU - may be at risk!

(For best results, watch while at work.)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

That was a messed up short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When a Stranger Calls Back got added to Amazon Prime and its such a weird movie. Like how the movie is a little over an hour and a half long but almost 30 minutes is taken up by this interminable opening scene where a young woman pretends to make phone calls multiple times. Also someone seemed to forget that while the ending gimmick works on film it would be blindingly obvious in real life where you could see that it was a guy standing there painted like the wall.

I put that behind spoiler tags because its one of those moments that's so stupid you have to see it to believe it.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I laughed impossibly hard when Durning said "We're looking for a ventriloquist"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
"Me and Durning were thinking Benihana's then a three-way" is probably my favorite riff from that one :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So yeah, they keep saying "boredom" but the word they really want is "DEPRESSION"

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

When a Stranger Calls Back got added to Amazon Prime and its such a weird movie. Like how the movie is a little over an hour and a half long but almost 30 minutes is taken up by this interminable opening scene where a young woman pretends to make phone calls multiple times.
This part of the movie went on so long I thought that was the movie. I expected there to be a short wrapup scene after she ran out of the house and was almost in disbelief that it was only the setup. I guess when your movie is only just making 90 minutes you gotta stretch things out? And why was she so opposed to calling the auto club to begin with?

EDIT: I just watched the last 10 minutes of that movie again. What the hell!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 13, 2017

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Kill and Kill Again now available.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What are some good Halloween-themed riffs? I've seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, Last Slumber Party, Ghosthouse, The Night Dracula Saved the World, Hillbillies in a Haunted House, Night of the Living Dead, House on Haunted Hill, Carnival of Souls, Silent Rage and Dark Power.

I still need to watch the Puppet Master one and I guess When a Stranger Calls Back. Anything else I should have on my radar?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are a couple of good older ones in Maniac and Voodoo Man. Maniac is about a mad scientist who brings people back from the dead and his assistant, an out of work "impressionist." While Voodoo Man has what is quite possibly the most insane performance John Carradine ever did (also Bela Lugosi in full career slide.)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Gavok posted:

What are some good Halloween-themed riffs? I've seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, Last Slumber Party, Ghosthouse, The Night Dracula Saved the World, Hillbillies in a Haunted House, Night of the Living Dead, House on Haunted Hill, Carnival of Souls, Silent Rage and Dark Power.

I still need to watch the Puppet Master one and I guess When a Stranger Calls Back. Anything else I should have on my radar?

Dreamscape, Beast of the Yellow Night, Kingdom of the Spiders, Nightmare at Noon, Mutant, Grizzly and the Last Shark.

If you want to include non-VoD ones that you'll need to sync yourself or use the app, they've done: Halloween, Wicker Man, Saw, Alien, and Sixth Sense.

Try here for a full(ish?) list:
https://www.rifftrax.com/catalog/genre/horror

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I've been away from rifftrax for about 2 years. What are some real standouts I should check out that have been released since then?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

PrinceRandom posted:

I've been away from rifftrax for about 2 years. What are some real standouts I should check out that have been released since then?

I'll assume two years from today, so:

Rock & Roll Nightmare
To Catch a Yeti
Rollergator
Samurai Cop

That'll get you started.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
This is almost unwatchable due to audio issues with the movie.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

WhiteHowler posted:

This is almost unwatchable due to audio issues with the movie.

yes. "audio issues" make it unwatchable.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

yes. "audio issues" make it unwatchable.
It's terrible (like in the bottom 1% of movies they've watched), but it would still be riffable if you could hear anything between the perpetually muffled and distant microphones, and the godawful acoustic guitar "soundtrack".

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Thinking about grabbing one of the live videos while they're on sale. Which of the early live shows do you all like the best? Sharknado was the first one I saw in the theater, so I've seen everything since then.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Breadallelogram posted:

Thinking about grabbing one of the live videos while they're on sale. Which of the early live shows do you all like the best? Sharknado was the first one I saw in the theater, so I've seen everything since then.

Jack the Giant Killer (w/What is Nothing)
Reefer Madness (w/More Dangerous than Dynamite & At Your Fingertips: Grasses)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Holiday Shorts one (the second ever Live show) was one of my favorites. The whole thing with Rudolf alone makes it worth it.

vv Be right there!

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 24, 2017

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jack the Giant Killer is a great live show.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

Jack the Giant Killer is a great live show.

I'm going to buy it!

I just remembered there are some kickstarter stretch goals that haven't been released yet. I didn't miss these, did I?

5,500 Backers: HUGE Multi-Riffer Tandem Just-the-Jokes Riff of the title the Backers voted for: Batman v Superman! FREE to ALL Backers! (UNLOCKED!)
8,000 Backers: Just-the-Jokes WESTWORLD Riff! FREE to ALL Backers! (UNLOCKED!)
9,000 Backers: STAR WARS - THE LAST JEDI Riff! FREE to ALL Backers!
10,000 Backers: IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE Riff! FREE to ALL Backers!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Nope, that stuff hasn't been released yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here's that thing I ended up writing about the 13 RiffTrax movies to check out on Halloween