Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Skwirl posted:

Would you take them at the cost of your phone blowing up with random bullshit for hours? If I was a specific kind of pervert it'd be fun to know all of my co workers shoe sizes, but I'm not that kind of pervert.

Also not a fan of blasting my phone number out to everyone I work with.

Edit: Yeah, it's turned creepy because a lot of people listed their shoe size and name instead of just whether you buy mens or womens shoes, and I'm learning coworkers opinions about the size of womens feet.

I have 50 new text messages because of his dumb poo poo. I might have to change my cellphone number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
pretty much within the first year I entered the workforce, I learned never to mix my personal life with business life, and got a burner phone number to give my (then) employer. times change, but I still have a google voice and skype number I give out to anyone who "wants my cell"

highly recommend you go this route. gently caress that noise, 50 text messages? ffs. reply all with the name of your least favorite coworker and "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Lol, place I used to work is still advertising my old position 2 years later. Except now they are saying they are a Michelin star restaurant(they aren't).

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The place I left had to completely eliminate an entire tasting menu because they can't keep up anymore. I wonder if it ever crossed their minds that if they keep treating employees like poo poo that anyone competent would leave and they won't have anyone left who can get poo poo done.

E: oh yeah, I left that five diamond resort job and am going back to school for engineering. Now I'm part time at a chill little restaurant that gets rave reviews despite dubious food quality and a building made in the 30s out of what I'm guessing is wood and cardboard.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 5, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Disargeria posted:

The place I left had to completely eliminate an entire tasting menu because they can't keep up anymore. I wonder if it ever crossed their minds that if they keep treating employees like poo poo that anyone competent would leave and they won't have anyone left who can get poo poo done.

E: oh yeah, I left that five diamond resort job and am going back to school for engineering. Now I'm part time at a chill little restaurant that gets rave reviews despite dubious food quality and a building made in the 30s out of what I'm guessing is wood and cardboard.

How often do said reviews say the word "quaint"?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Afaik old job still hasn't replaced me, kitchen manager, or WillieTomg. So I can only imagine it's on fire all day erryday.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

iospace posted:

How often do said reviews say the word "quaint"?

All of them.

It's even in our Zagat summary.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So my boss asked one of the servers to type up some names/descriptions for our new specials. She handed this to me and asked me what I thought about it.

All I could manage to say was "It's fine and I hate it so much." Something about bacon and cheddar infused meatloaf broke my brain and I couldn't look at it without laughing hysterically. Like I was laughing so hard it just came out as a barely audible wheeze.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 6, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if i saw that in a menu i would promptly leave the restaurant

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Half of our menu is golf puns.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the lack of prices says upscale but the lovely puns says explicitly family-friendly applebees knock-off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mandatory lesbian posted:

the lack of prices says upscale but the lovely puns says explicitly family-friendly applebees knock-off

It's golf puns, so I imagine it's at a golf course, so expensive Applebee's seems like an appropriate description.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
A menu that actually lists how the dishes are prepared and includes adjectives. Makes me all nostalgic. Over here 90% of menus just lists a few ingredients in an austere manner since a good seven or eight years back.

Cod, nastrium, wood sorrel
Capercallie, rutabaga, spruce bark,
Colostrum, cloudberries

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Republicans posted:

So my boss asked one of the servers to type up some names/descriptions for our new specials. She handed this to me and asked me what I thought about it.

All I could manage to say was "It's fine and I hate it so much." Something about bacon and cheddar infused meatloaf broke my brain and I couldn't look at it without laughing hysterically. Like I was laughing so hard it just came out as a barely audible wheeze.

Would on all of them, FWIW. Not at once, mind you.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'd put those in one hole.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Republicans posted:

Is this some Guy Fieri franchise?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Republicans posted:

So what's it like working in the Sam Snead's at the airport?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if i saw that in a menu i would promptly leave the restaurant

If I saw that on a menu I'd laugh my loving rear end off then order the bacon cheddar meatloaf.

In other news, did you guys know how easy it is to get prescription narcotics? Followed up with my doc after all these concussions, cognitive testing showed that I've probably had ADD my whole life and just managed to skate by on just being "very smart" according to the Neuropsychologist. So I get 10mg Adderall XR and I go back in 2 weeks to see if I want to up it to 20.

Have all the stimulants you want, but opiates are like trying to break into fort Knox. I had to get a DNA test to show that I carry a gene that makes me extremely tolerant to opiates(apparently it's common in people with blue eyes). Before that only my Primary doc would believe codiene does nothing for me.

In other other news, I open a 1k room convention hotel with 5 outlets, room service, and banquet Nov 2nd. Pretty pumped.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There's a lot of unnecessary capitalization in that menu.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Discendo Vox posted:

There's a lot of unnecessary capitalization in that menu.

Pitch & "Putt"Roast reminds me of how Trump tweets.

They all taste good, though, so I did my job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

If I saw that on a menu I'd laugh my loving rear end off then order the bacon cheddar meatloaf.

In other news, did you guys know how easy it is to get prescription narcotics? Followed up with my doc after all these concussions, cognitive testing showed that I've probably had ADD my whole life and just managed to skate by on just being "very smart" according to the Neuropsychologist. So I get 10mg Adderall XR and I go back in 2 weeks to see if I want to up it to 20.

Have all the stimulants you want, but opiates are like trying to break into fort Knox. I had to get a DNA test to show that I carry a gene that makes me extremely tolerant to opiates(apparently it's common in people with blue eyes). Before that only my Primary doc would believe codiene does nothing for me.

In other other news, I open a 1k room convention hotel with 5 outlets, room service, and banquet Nov 2nd. Pretty pumped.

There's a reason doctors might be a little more cautious about prescribing high strength opiates than other narcotics. Yes people can and do abuse Adderall nowhere near as much.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AFAIK, Adderall is not a narcotic. Narcotic is synonymous with opiate, whereas Adderal is basically speed.

That said, yes, it way too easy to get and way overprescribed.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

AFAIK, Adderall is not a narcotic. Narcotic is synonymous with opiate, whereas Adderal is basically speed.

That said, yes, it way too easy to get and way overprescribed.

I see what you're saying. However, I've been extremely productive since I started taking it, so I'm gonna stick with my legal speed that I may not necessarily need, but definitely will give me an edge in my career.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Be sure to post about when your heart explodes a year from now.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

I actually take my meds as prescribed, no abuse from me!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Uh-huh. That's how it starts.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Be sure to post about when your heart explodes a year from now.

i've taken amphetamines daily for like, 20 years since i was a kid, this isn't gonna happen

well amphetamines or an adderall analogue

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
"hint of cilantro" just makes me think of skwisgar's swollen hands

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

This confused the gently caress out of me until I realised you meant "stimulant" by "narcotic", given what you more or less said was "narcotics are really easy to get, but narcotics are incredibly hard to get!"

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

This confused the gently caress out of me until I realised you meant "stimulant" by "narcotic", given what you more or less said was "narcotics are really easy to get, but narcotics are incredibly hard to get!"

Well, I do also have an endless supply of "take as needed" benzos. So those are easy to get, apparently.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Today I salute Canada as I get paid time and a half to serve for six hours. :canada:

Thank you Canadian thanksgiving.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Mezzanon posted:

Today I salute Canada as I get paid time and a half to serve for six hours. :canada:

I turned down over-time stat pay today to hang with family and friends and start drinking *checks watch* 2 hours ago

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

I turned down over-time stat pay today to hang with family and friends and start drinking *checks watch* 2 hours ago

My family does dinner on thanksgiving Sunday anyways, so I’ll take the 22.50/hr plus tips.

Side note: does it seem like only the chudliest of chuds go out to eat at restaurants on thanksgiving Monday?

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Mezzanon posted:

Side note: does it seem like only the chudliest of chuds go out to eat at restaurants on thanksgiving Monday?

I once ate at a Golden Corral in the Southern U.S. on Thanksgiving Thursday. (Away at college, no car, and a friend's grandma was paying for it)

I can't think of a worse thing I've ever been a part of.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Loutre posted:

I once ate at a Golden Corral in the Southern U.S. on Thanksgiving Thursday. (Away at college, no car, and a friend's grandma was paying for it)

I can't think of a worse thing I've ever been a part of.

Once in college I ate lunch alone at a Perkins on Valentines day. It was not a proud moment.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
mothers day brunch always struck me as a 'look at all the dudes that can't cook for their moms'

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I worked US Thanksgiving 2pm-10pm. We had a massive togo order, the cook halfassed it, and the customers complained.

They were supposed to get a free meal, but it took them months to cash it in.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mezzanon posted:

I can't wait for double time (triple spending a vacation day) for Freedom Thanksgiving. Thanks hospitals paying well.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
holy gently caress I was laughing at the subtle lack of grammar/spacing between the pitch & "putt"roast (oddly consistent, I thought) for about 5 minutes until I realized it was just a play on "pot roast" (mind the gap) and that the horrible spacing was intentional :gonk:

like gurl just put a space after the ", and we're all good! Nevermind that the content of your menu is garbage, I appreciate your menu concepteffort! Really! You're a team player!

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Manuel Calavera posted:

I can't wait for double time (triple spending a vacation day) for Freedom Thanksgiving. Thanks hospitals paying well.

My girlfriend picked up a four hour shift in the emergency room today for double time and a half.

drat son.