Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

LCL-Dead posted:

40,000 posts since i last looked.

How is this thread still a thing?

How is this company/pipe dream still a thing?

you underestimate the power of the derp side

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God drat that was insanely sad. You're a monster for posting this while I'm at work and unable to give Kayak hugs and chicken and assurances that I won't turn into a Lesnick :smith:

(but also :five: cause... god drat)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

You mean sort of like Star Citizen will in five years? Maybe we've been wrong all this time and Chris Roberts deserves our sympathy for being stuck in a 'Groundhogs Day' situation for the last three decades.

Not sure. The big problem with SC is that they aren't happy with a cut and paste level for different places. This may mean that the "huge trade network" is like 4, maybe 5 locations within the same level the 12 people the game can support together get to trade at.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

Not sure. The big problem with SC is that they aren't happy with a cut and paste level for different places. This may mean that the "huge trade network" is like 4, maybe 5 locations within the same level the 12 people the game can support together get to trade at.

Well we already know the other 95 star systems are gonna get added in later (totally we promise to do it please believe us) so yeah I'd say there's probably only gonna be half a dozen places to go do "trade" at.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beet Wagon posted:

Well we already know the other 95 star systems are gonna get added in later (totally we promise to do it please believe us) so yeah I'd say there's probably only gonna be half a dozen places to go do "trade" at.

At least the lore is in place for like 200 planets, 12 alien races and a gazillion ships.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Thats like aids saying cancer is bad.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Here, have an on-topic post:

Anyone who thinks Lando is some kind of bomb waiting to go off and spill the beans about CIG/Roberts is kidding themselves, you only need to watch some of the vids from Gamescon and you'll see just how eagerly he talks complete bullshit in service of fleecing people for money. He outright makes poo poo up unprompted about what can be done in game, what's in development, and what's just around the corner. I know he looks harmless and sometimes he can act like he's all ironic and poo poo, but he is as wedded to this project as anyone else. He's a cynical motherfucker.

Pity the fresh meat devs who are very clearly out of their depth, not guys like Lando, and don't look to him to blow it all open.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 5, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

Anyone who thinks Lando is some kind of bomb waiting to go off and spill the beans about CIG/Roberts is kidding themselves,

Agreed, the forlorn look to camera stuff he does is all shtick

shtick citizen

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Thirsty Dog posted:

It does actually appear that now and then you guys need a reminder to not be like the people you so eagerly mock

Just downvote and move on.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AutismVaccine posted:

At least the lore is in place for like 200 planets, 12 alien races and a gazillion ships.

The lore.

Star Citizen Lore.

Which discolando basically said was a pile of poo poo that needs to be interpreted depending on the day just a week ago.

If you are in for >$60...get a refund.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The entirety of the lore is some cat men and then in game NPCs might be talking poo poo so anything could happen! :lol:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thirsty Dog posted:

It does actually appear that now and then you guys need a reminder to not be like the people you so eagerly mock, so the unironic defence of Derek (short lived as it was, given that Derek is always going to be Derek and will remind everyone why he has his reputation) and the creepier behaviour and the occasional genuine arsehole of a poster needs pointing out. I just happen to be bad at it compared to previous people (i.e. Marching Powder), but this pales in comparison both in terms of volume and frequency to all the other poo poo that goes on in this thread so maybe if you're concerned with a handful of posts you can just wait for it to blow over and it's all done!

Irony is dead grandpa, it was killed by the corporations appropriating it to be hip. Nowadays it's all about the reverse-inverse mordancy.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 5, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

The entirety of the lore is some cat men and then in game NPCs might be talking poo poo so anything could happen! :lol:

You sound angry. Where did Eckhart touch you?

And where in the hell is our Warlord?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
'The Vandul? Man we haven't put them in game oops seen them fellas since Chris forgot all about them again the great war of 3091!'

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

You sound angry. Where did Eckhart touch you?

And where in the hell is our Warlord?

On my jacket :ohdear:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

On my jacket :ohdear:

Which one?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when the X'ian were supposed to have some sort of Russian/Chinese hybrid culture? No? Lucky you! I have read the lore, it's already too late for me. I can only find comfort in BAD ICE nowadays.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

Remember when the X'ian were supposed to have some sort of Russian/Chinese hybrid culture? No? Lucky you! I have read the lore, it's already too late for me. I can only find comfort in BAD ICE nowadays.

You have to remember that the lore is created by the in-game characters controlled by the subsumption AI. It's out of CIG's hands.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Imagine thinking that looking at someone's post history makes you the next Ted Bundy.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

Wiz posted:

You have to remember that the lore is created by the in-game characters controlled by the subsumption AI. It's out of CIG's hands.

Well i just played stellaris and nothing was mocapped using hollywood legends. How about you learn something about game design instead of making fun of the most advanced ai ever?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

crisp roberts posted:

Well i just played stellaris and nothing was mocapped using hollywood legends. How about you learn something about game design instead of making fun of the most advanced ai ever?

You're absolutely right. I don't even know how I can claim to make a space game without spending at least 75% of the budget on mocapping. I'll talk to my project lead immediately tomorrow and address this critical flaw.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Wiz posted:

You're absolutely right. I don't even know how I can claim to make a space game without spending at least 75% of the budget on mocapping. I'll talk to my project lead immediately tomorrow and address this critical flaw.

If this results in a new wave of 'CK2's seven deadly sins'-style commercials for Stellaris, I'll be extremely okay with this.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
My very first Stellaris game my Science ship was destroyed in the first couple of minutes.

I was like WTF....

So I made a new universe. And started over.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

CIG are simply looking for new and exciting ways to pull the wool over peoples eyes

:downsbravo:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I just got a pair of glasses for my Elite:Dangerous Commando from the Frontier store.
And you know what?
It was completely free!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh, hey, forums are fixed...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh, hey, forums are fixed...

and I'm out of cat jail, coincidence? I think not.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Things wrong with this:

-Can only enter from the right side
-4 moving pieces rather than the smarter 1
-Open cockpit
-No side engines or exhausts, making entering vehicle at any speed other than a crawl is dangerous
-No downward exhaust or propulsion and lack of gravity generator means it physically could not stand upright at all times
-Foot and leg protection is "open concept"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:
:downsbravo:
:five::five::five:

ps: OK, so we're on the avatar changing thing again are we? Fine. Let's go!

Going to check with Lowtax to make sure a mod/admin isn't the one doing it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 5, 2017

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beet Wagon posted:

God drat that was insanely sad. You're a monster for posting this while I'm at work and unable to give Kayak hugs and chicken and assurances that I won't turn into a Lesnick :smith:

(but also :five: cause... god drat)

extra hugs for the pupper please. :(

he IS a good boy. yes he is

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Terminally Bored posted:

A side lol: looks like Wingman and co lost the rights to Descent name:

https://www.gog.com/forum/descent_underground/delisting_from_early_access

They had to delist Descent Underground from Steam and GOG. They say pulling it from Early Access will allow them to work faster somehow.

Yeah, it's bollocks. The game has failed, they no longer have money to keep funding it. I Tweeted about this a few days ago, actually.

Nothing to do with losing the Descent name rights or anything like that.

----------------

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I am kind of tickled that they have somehow managed to give a power door to a motorcycle, the one vehicle that traditionally does not have an enclosed cockpit. And they've done it without actually covering the driver's head or legs. It really does feel like Chris is standing directly over their shoulders going "Add more moving parts. Moving parts during entry/exit animations really get the backer's dicks hard."

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it's bollocks. The game has failed, they no longer have money to keep funding it. I Tweeted about this a few days ago, actually.

Nothing to do with losing the Descent name rights or anything like that.

If you decide you like your new avatar say so in the thread, and then do nothing about it at all. You will save money and annoy people.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Successful Star Citizen ships, for example, need 37 pieces of flair...

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Things wrong with this:

-Can only enter from the right side
-4 moving pieces rather than the smarter 1
-Open cockpit
-No side engines or exhausts, making entering vehicle at any speed other than a crawl is dangerous
-No downward exhaust or propulsion and lack of gravity generator means it physically could not stand upright at all times
-Foot and leg protection is "open concept"

I like how his left foot clips through when he's jumping/floating in, there. His left arm does a little, too

I guess this is why it's an entry concept and not the final animation. Wouldn't be Star Citizen if they didn't have to redo everything half a dozen times

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

ps: OK, so we're on the avatar changing thing again are we? Fine. Let's go!

Going to check with Lowtax to make sure a mod/admin isn't the one doing it.

They just told you a couple of days ago, that no one can see who changes avatars.

But if you want to annoy Lowtax for this, I guess...have at it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Morningwoodpecker posted:

If you decide you like your new avatar say so in the thread, and then do nothing about it at all. You will save money and annoy people.

No. As soon as I find out who is doing it, I am going to delete my SA account if it's an admin|mod doing it.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

They just told you a couple of days ago, that no one can see who changes avatars.

But if you want to annoy Lowtax for this, I guess...have at it.

Admins can, mods cannot.

----------------