Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

muscles like this! posted:

His new outfit looks like something from some no-name 90's superhero show.

M.A.N.T.I.S.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bruce Wayne is....PROTO GUYVER.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

His new outfit looks like something from some no-name 90's superhero show.

What you're saying is that it's perfect then?

I'm definitely into this show more now than ever but I'm not sure Scarecrow is a good villain for the season. At least Penguin is always around.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
How many times have characters claimed, declared, or otherwise stated they had, or need, an army?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ManSedan posted:

How many times have characters claimed, declared, or otherwise stated they had, or need, an army?
Too many times. And every time they never actually get an army, not one we ever see at least.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
does james gordon actually know he's in a different show then the rest of them.

and dag nab it, quit being right harvey bullock. :(

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I appreciated Alfred wearing red and green.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

My favorite part was the cop realizing that the GCPD building was basically CTU from 24. Also this show is so good at being bad and dumb that it manages to be far more entertaining than it should be.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Grinning Goblin posted:

My favorite part was the cop realizing that the GCPD building was basically CTU from 24. Also this show is so good at being bad and dumb that it manages to be far more entertaining than it should be.

The moment it stopped fighting what it wanted to be and embraced what it needed to be it became awesome

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I just hope they keep Babs fuckin crazy. She's obviously holding things back in this episode so I need more Crazy Babs

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Barreft posted:

I just hope they keep Babs fuckin crazy. She's obviously holding things back in this episode so I need more Crazy Babs

She's holding back her electricity powers because she's Livewire now.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Phylodox posted:

She's holding back her electricity powers because she's Livewire now.

That would unironically be amazing.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I thought it was kinda amusing at first, but the whole "Nobody dies" thing is starting to get annoying at this point. Why should I care if any character is put in a deadly situation? Chances are if they die they'll somehow come back to life anyway so it doesn't even matter.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Barreft posted:

With the whole "back from the dead" thing and Penguin questioning who is bankrolling her new operation, we're all thinking she's working for Ra's, right?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I thought it was kinda amusing at first, but the whole "Nobody dies" thing is starting to get annoying at this point. Why should I care if any character is put in a deadly situation? Chances are if they die they'll somehow come back to life anyway so it doesn't even matter.

I don't think this is the kind of show with those sorts of stakes. I doubt you're meant to be worried for the Riddler dying anymore than you're meant to find him scary.

The deaths always generate some sort of permanent character change anyway. I don't think anyone's come back from the dead unscathed.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Boy...I'm sure Gotham PDs Major Crimes Division could help Gordon now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Season one of this show was great but I felt like it immediately jumped the shark after that. Season two was mediocre but still watchable. Season three was awful trash and I put off finishing it till last month. Is this season any better so far? If not, I'll pass. Having a sixteen year old Batman running around sounds terrible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the ratings have absolutely cratered with the move. So probably don't expect it to be renewed again.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

...! posted:

Season one of this show was great but I felt like it immediately jumped the shark after that. Season two was mediocre but still watchable. Season three was awful trash and I put off finishing it till last month. Is this season any better so far? If not, I'll pass. Having a sixteen year old Batman running around sounds terrible.
Honestly, I'd pass if I were you. If you really hated the third season that much you'll loathe this season, despite only having a few episodes. I mean for one thing they already brought back a dead character, Barbara. Even though she'd stuck around way too long midway through Season 2.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Isn't Batman canon that Barbara marries Gordon anyway? It would have shocked me if they'd left her dead.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Barbara's awesome. I'm totally down for a League Of Shadows version (she's working with Ra's, right?)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

...! posted:

Isn't Batman canon that Barbara marries Gordon anyway? It would have shocked me if they'd left her dead.
I'm not 100% on Batman canon, especially with minor characters like that, but do you really expect Gordon to ever marry her after all the poo poo she's pulled? And I guess, for me, it's more just another instance of bringing a character from the dead when it really isn't needed. Barbara in particular had long overstayed her welcome, which is a problem the show seems to have throughout.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I'm not 100% on Batman canon, especially with minor characters like that, but do you really expect Gordon to ever marry her after all the poo poo she's pulled? And I guess, for me, it's more just another instance of bringing a character from the dead when it really isn't needed. Barbara in particular had long overstayed her welcome, which is a problem the show seems to have throughout.

I could have totally seen them banging last season, given Gordon's level of crazy, therefore giving us a whole season of a super pregnant super crazy mob boss. Probably not happening this season though.

Edit: Also, the production crew loves Erin Richards. She's not going anywhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Number One rule for this show is to throw out any of the Batman continuity that you know.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
How come they moved the scheduling to Thursdays from a Sunday, surely that's a surefire way to tank your ratings?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It wasn't on Sunday, it was Monday.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I could have totally seen them banging last season, given Gordon's level of crazy, therefore giving us a whole season of a super pregnant super crazy mob boss. Probably not happening this season though.

Edit: Also, the production crew loves Erin Richards. She's not going anywhere.

She's a better Joker for Gordon then the actual Joker they present in this show.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Honestly I thought they ruined her character when they made her eeeeeevil and I thought it'd just be a temporary thing. Several seasons later, that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

I didn't think it was possible for Erin Richards' hair to look any worse than it did last season but the photos I've seen from this season have proven me wrong. It's a shame since she's normally a very attractive lady. Maybe it's intended to signify her further progression into evil?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

...! posted:

Honestly I thought they ruined her character when they made her eeeeeevil and I thought it'd just be a temporary thing. Several seasons later, that doesn't seem to be the case. :(
Yeah, it doesn't help that she stopped being interesting in the least bit after her freaky "I will marry Jim and kill everyone in my way!" thing stopped. Like in Season 3 she was so bland and made such a lovely villain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I get why Bruce wears a mask now, but why Selena?

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
The name’s Gordon. James Gordon.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 6, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did he really just call Bruce "Master B"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Who the gently caress is the chick with the bombchu hat

edit: oooooh kay

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 6, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know shows need to save money sometimes but it was super lazy to have the Iceberg lounge be the same bar as Sirens just to save on sets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone in the costume department this season is a big fan of deep cleavage.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Falcone's daughter looks nothing like him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Falcone's daughter looks nothing like him.

No but she looks a lot like Lee.

Also these goddamn color corrected scenes.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The tint they're using for ~different country~ makes the ocean look disgusting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rear end in a top hat Bruce is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rear end in a top hat Bruce is pretty fun.

rear end in a top hat Bruce is pretty fun....... and one cent!

• Locked thread