Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lampey
Mar 27, 2012

a tool like windirstat, spacemonger, or sequoiaview spacesniffer that can be executed from the command line to export a jpg instead of having to log in, install/run a program, take a screenshot and then send an email to someone to delete the music and videos from the shared drive. or delete the isos from the temp folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

collaborative funding site for microfarm startups

eie.io

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Low-cost plaster molded scenery for 28mm tabletop wargaming.

Khrushchyov.ka

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

some kind of wiki specifically for statistics. i can't believe nobody has thought of this before

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sweevo posted:

some kind of wiki specifically for statistics. i can't believe nobody has thought of this before

I'll make the wiki.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

an app for your self-driving car that makes it circle the block indefinitely at 10mph so that you don't have to find or pay for parking while you're at the restaurant.

do not steal, this is my billion dollar idea

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ops posts, but good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

websites, but not terrible

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

anime for people who hate anime

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a health plan that charges everyone a flat annual fee based on their income

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

lampey posted:

a tool like windirstat, spacemonger, or sequoiaview spacesniffer that can be executed from the command line to export a jpg instead of having to log in, install/run a program, take a screenshot and then send an email to someone to delete the music and videos from the shared drive. or delete the isos from the temp folder

i dunno if such a thing exists but i wrote tdu years ago if you don't mind looking at numbers in a terminal instead of pretty pictures.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
nice try to steal my ideas. do you think im going to give away the keys to the goldmine im sitting on

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

a video game, where people have fun with their friends, and can have fun with new friends too

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

gamify leisure activities to increase participation and socially shame those who don't

strava for boardgame night

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

a health plan that charges everyone a flat annual fee based on their income

healthcare that isn't centred around being insured

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a deep fryer that operates at insane pressures but also low temperatures so food can be "cooked" in fat without heating them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't see what that would do, exactly, other than give you oil-saturated raw whatevers

cooking is a chemical reaction that requires heat

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a pressurized sous vide

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

i don't see what that would do, exactly, other than give you oil-saturated raw whatevers

I think he's thinking of this, no idea if it would work though?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Sagebrush posted:

my man have you heard of ceviche?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
an internet for people who aren't racists

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
[quote="“qirex”" post="“477051100”"]
e: my idea is twitter but with /topic tags so you could follow only like @qirex/rapconcerts or @qirex/boringtechopinions without having to see the rest of my not-tweets
[/quote]

I would pay money for this so I never have to hear about sportsball

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Bloody posted:

ops posts, but good

impossible

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Management posted:

sports are good

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

RISCy Business posted:

im just the ideas guy its up to the nerds to make it secure
did somebody say "blockchain"‽

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Bloody posted:

sports are good

:wrong:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sports are healthy and good, but sports culture is usually toxic

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
machine learning driven forum moderation

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

an app for your self-driving car that makes it circle the block indefinitely at 10mph so that you don't have to find or pay for parking while you're at the restaurant.

do not steal, this is my billion dollar idea

better, it automatically takes fairs and returns while you finish your dessert which you purchased with you autotaxi service

ill call it toot loops

pram
Jun 10, 2001
machine learning blockchain

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

machine learning driven forum moderation

yeah horrible bias is the norm so existing approaches would work perfectly, reddit should get right on it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
a light weight usb bootable linux iso thats got a knockoff of the software on the etc puck and qlab with all the good dmx/firewire drivers that can turn any old pos laptop into a robust entertainment control platform and also get this a paper keyboard overlay that turns any cheap keyboard into something more resembling an element!! sort of!!

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
social network for vapers

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

most cultures are toxic

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
[quote="“Sagebrush”" post="“477104000”"]
[/quote]

I'd like to revise my answer because I'd rather hang out with sports people than people that say things like this

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a thing that already works fine but 10x the cost and with an app and also it lets anyone with an internet connection spy on you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how bout this a machine that uses computer vision and some little electrodes to watch and zap you to improve handwriting. "handwriting, long known as the signifier of class, education, and taste. a lost art. now you can have beautiful penmanship, just like the forefathers of this great nation"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

yeah I mean I think it's a legitimately good idea but there's no way to make a giant billion dollar business out of it and twitter will never do it because they're too busy making their interface worse

I've basically been designing "twitter but good" for like 5 years now as a side project, I'll never actually do it because the math doesn't work but it's a fun thought experiment

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Smythe posted:

how bout this a machine that uses computer vision and some little electrodes to watch and zap you to improve handwriting. "handwriting, long known as the signifier of class, education, and taste. a lost art. now you can have beautiful penmanship, just like the forefathers of this great nation"

if you use enough tiny electrodes you could just have it force your hand to write with perfect penmanship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but how would it shock your genitals then

• Locked thread