Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Trast posted:

Jon Jones should take up video game streaming. He's going to have a lot of time on his hands soon.

I wouldn't watch his videogame streams but I'd watch his coke bender streams for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
20lbs would only be a little bit above the average for a cut to lw i'd say.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Marching Powder posted:

20lbs would only be a little bit above the average for a cut to lw i'd say.
Yeah but it's Thursday. Don't they usually get closer than that with like 24 hours to weigh-in?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

^^^ lot of guys who seem to have been displaced from their natural habitat of their high school locker, write your senator and ask them to take climate change seriously
lol

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

The media I've heard seems to be jerking off Kevin Lee pretty hard on his mic savvy. Have I missed something? From what I've seen I got the impression he was just another Conor imitator who tries talking a lot of poo poo but isn't that good at it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

The media I've heard seems to be jerking off Kevin Lee pretty hard on his mic savvy. Have I missed something? From what I've seen I got the impression he was just another Conor imitator who tries talking a lot of poo poo but isn't that good at it.

I mean Conor imitates a whole lot of people who came before him so that's not exactly a knock on the guy. He's not bad, it just doesn't feel like he buys his character as much.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Kevin's cool but lmfao if he weighs 174 right now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ditch posted:

Yeah but it's Thursday. Don't they usually get closer than that with like 24 hours to weigh-in?

depends on your technique but 24 hours is about right to start losing water.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Kevin Lee is funny, he's really good at riling up the McGregor fans which if he ends up winning will be a good thing for him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That tiramisu thing is actually a pretty decent burn.

Khabib would be an excellent Super Lightweight champion, it's just a pity the UFC will never have a championship in that division.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I am Otis posted:

I hate watching legends like Carlos get killed by hungry fighters

It's cool when retired or semi-retired guys come back hungry like they were 10 years ago but watching condit getting smashed because hes been doing well in the gym makes me sad and I don't like it when it lets all the noobs say "he always sucked, couldn't wrestle, trained with gay greg jackson'

That being said, I want to watch Carlos Condit fight again. One of my favorites of all time

I never liked him because he wasnt good at wrestling

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
RIP Team Takedown

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

david carmichael posted:

I never liked him because he wasnt good at wrestling

;p

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

Kevin's cool but lmfao if he weighs 174 right now

I weigh 374 right now

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

I am Otis posted:

I weigh 374 right now

Johny?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Embedded 3, featuring a lot of food talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIHDKYA650

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

*fatly* It's me bitch

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

neither one beat the highest form of vitor so deep down i think both are b-grade champs

The only person who beat TRT Vitor was an equally roided Jon Jones, and he had his arm broken in the process

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Memento posted:

That tiramisu thing is actually a pretty decent burn.

Khabib would be an excellent Super Lightweight champion, it's just a pity the UFC will never have a championship in that division.

You can't be the champion if you never fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The only person who beat TRT Vitor was an equally roided Jon Jones, and he had his arm broken in the process

he was also beaten by the goat of all time anderson "spider" silva with the help of cornerman steven segal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
vitor was extremely dangerous for like 1 round even before trt. remember when he punched wanderlei across the entire cage before he retired to fight 100 lb japanese men in pride

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Yeah Vitor's initial onslaught was one of the many compelling reasons to watch him. I also liked how gay his hair got over time, culminating to me with that rat tail with a cross etched on the side of his head.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kiQBJhLd9I&t=257s

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
at the end of the day, i'm gonna titty gently caress you

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Derick lewis is the best

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
If you're not Lebron, you have to ask the airplane crew to do that announcement, right?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Skip My Posts posted:

at the end of the day, i'm gonna titty gently caress you

lol

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Skip My Posts posted:

vitor was extremely dangerous for like 1 round even before trt. remember when he punched wanderlei across the entire cage before he retired to fight 100 lb japanese men in pride

I was under the impression Vitor was roided as hell in his late teens/early twenties. I don't remember what my source for that is though so I may be totally wrong.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That source is your eyeballs

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

Vitor was never not on steroids

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Balthesar posted:

That source is your eyeballs

I wanted to say I remember him having roid back acne but that's not really a scientific measure.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
he had traps that were connected to his neck above his ears

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
for like 10 years until 2016 vitor only lost to jones, silva + i think weidman and he very nearly got jones. its hard to say he wasnt great but when people say stupid stuff like everyone in professional sport is on steroids or other peds, i wonder why then do people like vitor seem to benefit from them far more than everyone else.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

for like 10 years until 2016 vitor only lost to jones, silva + i think weidman and he very nearly got jones. its hard to say he wasnt great but when people say stupid stuff like everyone in professional sport is on steroids or other peds, i wonder why then do people like vitor seem to benefit from them far more than everyone else.

while i think the fact that him and his doctors have enough experience to make him look like he was carved from marble in his late 30s was a big part of it, he also massively improved his technique. more than anything though; vitor without confidence is nothing, and the mindbending amount of drugs he was on + the long string of insane rear end beatings he handed out gave him a lot of confidence.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's hard to say how much steroids were helping someone when the first time we see them without steroids is 25 years into their career.... tough to say.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Like maybe a steroid free 23 year old vitor would have been basically the same fighter but there's no way to know when the first time he's steroid free he's also 40 with 70 fights under his belt...

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

I.N.R.I posted:

Everyone is on something, if one roided guy beats another roided guy, first roided guy is better and would beat him without roids for either?

Steroid math.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
remember when Vitor cried in front of the NSAC? that whole day was really funny

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

while i think the fact that him and his doctors have enough experience to make him look like he was carved from marble in his late 30s was a big part of it, he also massively improved his technique. more than anything though; vitor without confidence is nothing, and the mindbending amount of drugs he was on + the long string of insane rear end beatings he handed out gave him a lot of confidence.

Yeah. Drugs didnt teach vitor how to kick, but they did help him not be a coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I still favoured vitor against rockhold circa the weidman match or shortly there after, and that made people rrally mad. I dont know if i still would but instead of fijding out i hope he super retires

• Locked thread