Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/916075551382585344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lodin posted:

gently caress yeah, originally they said the Switch version would miss that date. Too bad I'll be busy playing Mario. Poor unloved Rogue.

Mario is October 27

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Graphics are so good nowadays that I can't tell if it's in-engine footage or just a video recorded at a Trump rally.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Blazko is a much better option than a bunch of stupid, sickle and hammer waiving, middle class, neo-marxists wearing their stupid black masks

PS4 or Switch.... decisions decisions

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 6, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

FireMrshlBill posted:

Blazko is a much better option than a bunch of stupid, sickle and hammer waiving, middle class, neo-marxists wearing their stupid black masks

BJ Blazkowicz respects the revolutionary spirit of the youth you turd gargler

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

BJ Blazkowicz respects the revolutionary spirit of the youth you turd gargler

Haha, he's over 20 and has had some real world experience, so he hates communism no matter what dimwit is pushing it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Mario is October 27

God drat, that’s like 3 weeks away. I lost track of time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FireMrshlBill posted:

Haha, he's over 20 and has had some real world experience, so he hates communism no matter what dimwit is pushing it.

Real world experiences like fight Nazi cyborg dogs and hanging out with Jimmy Hendrix, you absolute dipshit

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The last thing I need right now is another moron online who hasn't gotten over the Cold War

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

PS4 or Switch.... decisions decisions

FireMrshlBill posted:

What uh, what are you doing here buddy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

too many games for the switch. mario's out in a fortnight and i've barely scraped the surface on slime-san. i still have mario rabbids to finish too. WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

full communism now - William Joseph "B.J." Blazkowicz

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Are any good spook 'em ups either out or coming out this month?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

He heard a reference to fighting fascism and wanted to chime in and say that he only supports it when it's done by the correct fictional characters, and not disreputable real people.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope they don't BOTH SIDES the game with that communist preacher like how they did in Bioshock Infinite.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really hope they don't BOTH SIDES the game with that communist preacher like how they did in Bioshock Infinite.

i don't think trying to present the nazis as morally ambiguous is really on the Wolfenstein to-do list

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bdRDjElSI

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

alf_pogs posted:

i don't think trying to present the nazis as morally ambiguous is really on the Wolfenstein to-do list

Yeah, Ken Levine isn't involved

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks like making this good will be a big challenge but I wish the developers luck.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Real world experiences like fight Nazi cyborg dogs and hanging out with Jimmy Hendrix, you absolute dipshit

Yes, those kind of experiences. Much better than pushing down old ladies, throwing piss on people and stabbing horses.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The last thing I need right now is another moron online who hasn't gotten over the Cold War

Well over it, gently caress McCarthyism, but doesn't mean bad ideologies are now peachy even if they are fighting other bad ideologies.

Guy Goodbody posted:

He heard a reference to fighting fascism and wanted to chime in and say that he only supports it when it's done by the correct fictional characters, and not disreputable real people.

Na, I like when reputable real people fight it too.

Zelder posted:

Just practicing for that Goose game... apparently it is working.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dust was alright but not great, and that game looks like it's going way too hard on the zomgrandomlol poo poo for my liking.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Judging by the first game they are totally down with saying "both sides can be violent and brutal, because one side loving needs to be ground into dust and that's how you loving do it."

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

It looks like making this good will be a big challenge but I wish the developers luck.

It looks good, but interesting that it is called Never Stop Sneakin' but in the trailer they are more run and gunning it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kawabata posted:

Is that so? I've heard about the story not being as "good" (lol) as XC1 but everyone who played it told me the gameplay is even better with a host of qol improvements the predecessor obviously didn't have.

I played XC 1 after XCX, and while I agree with you that the plot becomes pretty trash, the experience of going to the various areas, seeing the sites, hearing the music and progressing is much more interesting and satisfying in the first one.

XCX has better moment to moment gameplay, like the combat is much more engaging and it's generally joyful to run and jump around. But the plot is trash, the pacing is terrible both in the macro sense and in just completing sidequests, and the game takes several steps backwards in terms of QOL. Most notably the party and the mission systems seem to have been designed by an insane person who has only had the concept of videogames described to them in a language they're not fluent in.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

Yes, those kind of experiences. Much better than pushing down old ladies, throwing piss on people and stabbing horses.

Well over it, gently caress McCarthyism, but doesn't mean bad ideologies are now peachy even if they are fighting other bad ideologies.

Thank you for coming here, to the Nintendo Switch thread, to make sure that we all knew what you thought about protesters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FireMrshlBill posted:

The puppetmaster defense is childish and your use of ellipsis reminds me of a schizophrenic or a moron on posting on a Garfield facebook fangroup. Please think for a goddamn second about how stupid what you're writing is.

And Wolfenstein was not a documentary and the events did not happen in real time.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i like the switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

Geese don't even talk you bizarre little man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Eliminating the Nazi movement and stamping out white supremecy would be perfect for the Switch.

Kaubocks posted:

i like the switch

:oh:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Switch is the first and only antifascist gaming console

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kaubocks posted:

i like the switch

It's good

I hope we get another Fatal Frame soon

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

acksplode posted:

Switch is the first and only antifascist gaming console

It's got Sonic, this checks out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So what are the odds that Whatley is naked and dead with a belt around his neck?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fascinating MGS-esque top down game coming to Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bdRDjElSI

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
There is no such thing as ethical consumption of video games.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

nerdz posted:

If they ported XCX and bayonetta 2 to the switch I would be able to forget that the wii U exists. The fact that XCX is bad means I'm halfway there anyway.

I know this thread has somehow convinced itself that the Wii U only has 2 good games, but it's more like over 10 fantastic exclusives, plus the good ones, plus complete Wii retro compatibility the Switch doesn't have.

The fact that it was a failure sales wise (and that the Switch is a better console) doesn't mean that it's skippable if you like Nintendo games, sorry guys.

Tender Bender posted:

I played XC 1 after XCX, and while I agree with you that the plot becomes pretty trash, the experience of going to the various areas, seeing the sites, hearing the music and progressing is much more interesting and satisfying in the first one.

XCX has better moment to moment gameplay, like the combat is much more engaging and it's generally joyful to run and jump around. But the plot is trash, the pacing is terrible both in the macro sense and in just completing sidequests, and the game takes several steps backwards in terms of QOL. Most notably the party and the mission systems seem to have been designed by an insane person who has only had the concept of videogames described to them in a language they're not fluent in.

You're almost convincing me not to get it. Why is every review positive on XCX, even the Yatzeeh one of all things? Is this one of those cases where reviewers completely ignored the games' flaws and didn't give a gently caress? The game still has an excellent word of mouth.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I hope they run this as a commercial on Fox News.

Tender Bender posted:

Judging by the first game they are totally down with saying "both sides can be violent and brutal, because one side loving needs to be ground into dust and that's how you loving do it."

Wolfenstein's "Nazis are evil and you should destroy them by any means necessary" stance is never going to change. :patriot:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just finished Golf Story. Overall I liked it a whole lot. Very clever writing, lots of variety in locales and challenges, and it's not a bad golf game either. I think there could be more depth to the golfing, and I wish they had a few more ball-bustingly difficult courses like the final one, but it still does a very good job of replicating those excellent handheld Mario RPGS (golf/tennis).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Zelder posted:

Geese don't even talk you bizarre little man

I thought the trailer was a documentary.

PantsBandit posted:

Just finished Golf Story. Overall I liked it a whole lot. Very clever writing, lots of variety in locales and challenges, and it's not a bad golf game either. I think there could be more depth to the golfing, and I wish they had a few more ball-bustingly difficult courses like the final one, but it still does a very good job of replicating those excellent handheld Mario RPGS (golf/tennis).

Is the GBA the only RPG Mario Golf, or was the GBC one as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Oh also I just spent $90 to buy Breath of the Wild again :gonk:

At least I can get some of that back when I return my Wii U version

• Locked thread