Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'm already looking forward to what the weapons will look like in Wolfenstein 3. If the shotgun can go from a double-barreled automatic to a triple barreled gatling gun, and the grenade launcher goes from a flare gun to a drum-fed, burst fire rocket launcher, I'm sure the weapons will be even crazier in the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

White Coke posted:

I'm already looking forward to what the weapons will look like in Wolfenstein 3. If the shotgun can go from a double-barreled automatic to a triple barreled gatling gun, and the grenade launcher goes from a flare gun to a drum-fed, burst fire rocket launcher, I'm sure the weapons will be even crazier in the next one.

In Wolfenstein 3: The New God, the only weapon that matters is you. Everything from guns, blades, shrapnel, the shredded bodies of dead nazis, the broken flaming wrecks of their Kriegsmaschines, a bar stool, a truck you pick up and throw, a fascist you swing like a baseball bat that screams as you slam him into a wall to look for secrets and rend him into red paste by the sheer force of impact, the miniature nukes attached to your gamma fists; everything becomes a instrument of death in your merciless, unforgiving, ever-living hands. You are the endless nightmare of all Nazis. You are terror made flesh and metal and infinite anger.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Crabtree posted:

In Wolfenstein 3: The New God, the only weapon that matters is you. Everything from guns, blades, shrapnel, the shredded bodies of dead nazis, the broken flaming wrecks of their Kriegsmaschines, a bar stool, a truck you pick up and throw, a fascist you swing like a baseball bat that screams as you slam him into a wall to look for secrets and rend him into red paste by the sheer force of impact, the miniature nukes attached to your gamma fists; everything becomes a instrument of death in your merciless, unforgiving, ever-living hands. You are the endless nightmare of all Nazis. You are terror made flesh and metal and infinite anger.

loving sign me up! :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

so do i just like...paypal you th emoney or

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crabtree posted:

I'll take a beta key when they're up thanks

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crabtree posted:

There isn't a pic like this of William for some reason but

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Crabtree posted:

It's just non-stop DOOM Glory Kills.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Crabtree posted:

Got a Patreon?

White Coke posted:

I would loving love a DOOM mod that just gives you constant Berserk when you have no shotgun ammo.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Crabtree posted:

Sir this is a Macdonalds drive through

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

White Coke posted:

How do you think the DOOM SLAYER, great great great great something grandson to Terror-Billy, learned how to rip and tear?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cicadalek posted:

The upgrades look rad. I am finding that one of my weird tastes in games is that a weapon upgrade MUST change the look of a gun somehow, or it's inherently very unsatisfying. The first Bioshock was great for that. You could upgrade the shotgun with a quicker fire rate or something, which manifested in the form of a bunch of really dumb cogs spinning in the receiver. love that poo poo

same, that shits cool in the ratchet and clank games too

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crabtree posted:

so Gorn the VR game but with nazis and more objects. gently caress yeah.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
According to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81LIFft7ic the gadgets that let you burst through walls, climb on stilts, and crawl through vents are all unlocked through repeat playthroughs.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Aww. I saved Wyatt in my first playthrough and I wanted to carry that forward, but it sounds like I'll miss out on the LKW if I do that.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Ravenfood posted:

Aww. I saved Wyatt in my first playthrough and I wanted to carry that forward, but it sounds like I'll miss out on the LKW if I do that.
There's another weapon for Wyatt timeline. Maybe you'll grow to love the Dieselkraftwerk instead? :shobon:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

White Coke posted:

let you burst through walls, climb on stilts, and crawl through vents are all unlocked through repeat playthroughs.

Nazi authorities are reminding all loyal citizens to be on the look out for a man dressed as:

Last seen running through walls, other people and riding dogs. BJ in a Victorian corset that allows him to crawl around duct work is also a hilarious mental image.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Nazi authorities are reminding all loyal citizens to be on the look out for a man dressed as:

Last seen running through walls, other people and riding dogs. BJ in a Victorian corset that allows him to crawl around duct work is also a hilarious mental image.

Man, people are really going out in their Blitzmensch rogues cosplay.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The guy in the background really makes that picture for me.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm imagining that torch having actual fire on it and catching every inch of their makeup, fake beard, costume etc on fire. Like holy gently caress the mental image of someone on stilts flailing around on fire.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
guys.....

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/916075551382585344
video games are good as hell

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Whoever runs Wolfensteins marketing campaign is the loving best.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hurting and killing Nazis is good

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shootin, stabbin, and stranglin nazis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Whoever runs Wolfensteins marketing campaign is the loving best.

its gonna be amazing. gently caress October has so many good games.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its gonna be amazing. gently caress October has so many good games.

There are other games coming out this month?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“Shooting Blanks”" post="“477097212”"]
[/quote]

If you're a Nazi-lover, maybe. Real red-blooded Americans stay up late at night waiting for Santifa to bring them their Terror Billy action figure

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

mario, asscreed egypt: not witcher 3 edition, a remake of a old game i liked on the ps2.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you for this

The Wolfenstein account also retweeted this

https://twitter.com/Tenacious_Diaz/status/915622259934494720

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm sure the game was in production well before Trump's election but boy howdy our current mess has really given their marketing a shot in the arm.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

While I love the trailer, I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more Nazis being pissed off in the comments than I thought there'd be. Heartened, but a little disappointed all the same :v:

EDIT: Went on /v/ to see their reaction, and in a hilarious turn of events, it turns out Wolfenstein threads are being pruned. Also, is the song that plays in the background of that tweet up on YouTube?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 6, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

1stGear posted:

I'm sure the game was in production well before Trump's election but boy howdy our current mess has really given their marketing a shot in the arm.

Yeah, that is the same with the new Far Cry too. The whole "crazy religious cult taking over a county in Montana" was in the works before the election last year, but same thing with the marketing on that one too being all boosted/attacked because people on the Right think it is targeting them.

It still boggles my mind that we have a game series dating back decades about killing Nazis, and people in today's day and age take offense to it. To killing Nazis. We're not talking about hyperbolic "this person on the right I don't agree with is a Nazi." We're not talking about, "this person is a Neo-Nazi." We're talking about a fantastical game about Nazis that literally come from 1930s Germany, World War 2 starting, genocide perpetrating Nazis.

And people feel offended.

Both my grandfathers fought in Europe; one nearly died. It is my civic duty to at the very least kill digital Nazis.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

quote:

Also, is the song that plays in the background of that tweet up on YouTube?

That Nazi March 10 second tune was also used in one of the first game's trailers back in early 2014 but there's no full version of it afaik.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You know it's bad when the motherfucking father of FPSes gets poo poo on by people because they partake in the fantasy of brutally murdering one of the most hated enemies of humanity. They think "oh, well they invented the Autobahn and put so many people to work" and all of a sudden that's justification for the world war that claimed at least 32 million lives.

Give it a decade or two and self proclaimed satanists with "grrreat" intentions start making GBS threads on DOOM 2 because of how misunderstood Id was to make demons rabid cornered instinctual animals cowering at the fear of the face of (to them, questionable) justice, the doomguy.

It's loving pathetic.

You want to play victim and make the alternate nazi regime about you? Or the crazy mountainous cult of montana about you? You do you buddy. Make everything about you, cool. What the gently caress does that solve? You're making a video game premise about you. You loving megalomaniac

I'm sorry, but this is making me unusually angry. There is a simple beauty of seeing a definite nazi, and killing the poo poo out of them, because if (you are american) you paid attention during loving social studies, THESE guys weren't the friendliest of the bunch. Most served their country to the best of their ability and attacked and defended in the name of their fatherland, sure, the victor won't saying anything about that, but don't tell me that maybe putting your trust into one crazy motherfucker is the way to go.

gently caress. I need to chill out, this is too much. I just want to virtually murder the poo poo out of nazis

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 6, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If Nazi's didn't want to get killed they shouldn't have made themselves so fun to kill. It's their own fault, really.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You know, I can almost pity the earliest Nazis, those right at the beginning of the whole mess. They were told about wonderful stuff like national pride, hope for the future, a return to normality- things we today can certainly empathize with if it didn't come with a side of racism and exclusionary ideology (and I only use that nice latter phrase because I don't think, or don't want to think, anyone really gave any thought to what 'getting rid of undesirables' actually meant).

But today's Nazis? Those are the guys who looked at the death camps and people like the 36th Waffen Grenadier SS Division and said 'hmm yes please tell me more I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter'. These people know what Nazism is, know what they'd be in for if the swastika ever flew again, and they want it. They need to be fought tooth and nail, fought as hard as you would radical religious nutjobs of any kind (because let's face it, they pretty much believe in the same things).

Punch Nazis.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/miravylash/status/916095440273182725

New game can’t come soon enough.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Awww yeah, that's the Nazi gold I was looking for :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008