Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Your Taint posted:

I just found out that Bambadjan is the name of the actor who plays that character and for some reason it made it all the more hilarious.

Well, how do you come up with a better name than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Woaaah black Betty

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
*reads last page*

*gets ready*

[quote="“Disgusting Coward”" post="“477095091”"]
Woaaah black Betty
[/quote]

FFFFFFFOOOOOOOOORK

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Obviously Michael is lying here. As soon as they leave, his plot will be discovered. So they can never leave.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I can't wait to see how this blows up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man we're finding out how Tahani died

Oh god

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fill it to the BRIM with cocaine.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Obviously Michael is lying here. As soon as they leave, his plot will be discovered. So they can never leave.

Okay, i still think he's lying, but at least he came up with a good excuse.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Really did not expect a bottle episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So Mindy didn't get the cocaine?

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Zaggitz posted:

fill it to the BRIM with cocaine.

Here's your cocaine and Escape Train!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Team Cockroach 4 lyfe.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay Janet!!!!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Good Place: Team Cockroach!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Micheal laughing at Jason about his football questions was great. Then Jason ran off with his sparkler.

Arist posted:

Oh man we're finding out how Tahani died

Oh god

Tahani's death was perfect.

howe_sam posted:

So Mindy didn't get the cocaine?

The biggest disappointment

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

My feed cut out in the middle of the tahani flashback and came back right after it ended :mad:
Now I have to wait for it to go up on the site to see it! Just further proof that I am in the bad place.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

My feed cut out in the middle of the tahani flashback and came back right after it ended :mad:
Now I have to wait for it to go up on the site to see it! Just further proof that I am in the bad place.

Damnit all he forking figured it out. Well 16 years was a good run, time to hit the reset button on this poster.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't realize season 2 started already. I keep thinking this is a Netflix show. Gotta catch up :v:

Janet is so good. She reminds me a little of Kenneth from 30 Rock.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 6, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

drunken officeparty posted:

Didn't realize season 2 started already. I keep thinking this is a Netflix show. Gotta catch up :v:

Janet is so good. She reminds me a little of Kenneth from 30 Rock.

Janet is the best part of this show.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

Really did not expect a bottle episode.

Yeah, odd, but reasonable decision.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

Team Cockroach 4 lyfe.

BOBCATS!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Janet saying she's the most advanced Janet ever, then rubbing her stomach and patting her head at the same time to test it loving slayed me.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Michael Schur answers some questions

I know a bunch of people were curious about the timelines and such. He estimates that with a median length of about 4 months per iteration, the total time spent was about 250-300 years.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
drat, feel like I got whiplash from the pace of this episode compared to last. 28 minutes to say "yes we're teaming up". At least we got the Tahani death.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
New theory: They'll be ready for The Good Place when they finally get Mindy her cocaine,.

Or aspirin.

Maybe some eyeshadow.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Not the funniest episode after the last two weeks of highs. Very much just setting the concept for the season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 9th wonder of the world did an AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/74itzr/hi_im_professional_sloth_enthusiast_and_actress/

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Yeah, this wasn't a terribly funny episode, felt like just a big fat exposition dump, but kind of necessary to move the story to the next phase. A necessary evil, if you will. I'm ok with it, even though I'm a little, just slightly, disappointed.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Janet is going to take over the Bad Place.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

CountFosco posted:

Yeah, this wasn't a terribly funny episode, felt like just a big fat exposition dump, but kind of necessary to move the story to the next phase. A necessary evil, if you will. I'm ok with it, even though I'm a little, just slightly, disappointed.

For me it was worth it for Jason with the sparkler.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Damnit all he forking figured it out. Well 16 years was a good run, time to hit the reset button on this poster.

As if the fact that I've been posting here for 16 years wasn't proof enough.

Finally got to see the part that I missed, totally worth the wait. I wonder how far apart the four characters died time-wise? Tahani at least had to have died after Eleanor, since the one episode with Eleanor's flashback showed that magazine with her on the cover and didn't look like it was about her being dead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Flatscan posted:

For me it was worth it for Jason with the sparkler.

I liked how casual Eleanor was about Janet for once. Just "Yo, Janet, give Jason something shiny so the adults can talk"

And D'Arcy Carden rubbing her tummy and patting her head to show how advanced she was was great. I'm also always a big fan of self-absorbed characters legitimately trying to be nice/good and still their ego bleeds in, so a lot of Jameela Jamil's lines work for me. Especially "We should all stay and work together to build a better Tahani!"

I also like how Eleanor's turn was basically around returning Chidi's kindness. And Janet's line in the group huddle was pretty fascinating in showing how she's creatively interpreting her 'programming' now, much like how she reworded Jason's question in the premiere to let her take him to the other 3.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Michael Schur answers some questions

I know a bunch of people were curious about the timelines and such. He estimates that with a median length of about 4 months per iteration, the total time spent was about 250-300 years.

Interesting how Mindy seems to have not changed in all that time. Also given that the 30 years Mindy had been in the Medium Place in the first season corresponded with her dying in the 1980s I wonder if that means on Earth it is now the late 23rd century.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What was the deal with Eleanor saying "son of a bitch" when Michael revealed the stairs at the beginning? I thought maybe it was some subtle joke about how now that they've teamed up with Michael, he's turned off the Good Place Language Filter for them, but then later on in the episode she's dropping "forks" left and right.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

What was the deal with Eleanor saying "son of a bitch" when Michael revealed the stairs at the beginning? I thought maybe it was some subtle joke about how now that they've teamed up with Michael, he's turned off the Good Place Language Filter for them, but then later on in the episode she's dropping "forks" left and right.

Wasn't it beach?

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

OldSenileGuy posted:

"son of a bench"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, she pretty clearly says "son of a bench". Your brain may have corrected it to what you know she's supposed to be saying.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Ha. I could have sworn she said bitch. drat you brain!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

Ha. I could have sworn she said bitch. drat you brain!!
Nah, it sounds super similar and it was right before a cut. I get it.

• Locked thread