Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If it's a character from Kengan Asura that means potential spoilers though. So be careful if you care about that.

EDIT: It's 99% Julius
EDIT2: Wait doesn't Danberu take place before the tournament anyway?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

If it's a character from Kengan Asura that means potential spoilers though. So be careful if you care about that.

EDIT: It's 99% Julius
EDIT2: Wait doesn't Danberu take place before the tournament anyway?

It's not very clear, but you do see the Intelligent Barbarian fighting Setsuna.

Granted it could just be a referential joke.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

AtomikKrab posted:

My personal predictions

Cosmo beats Akuya but gets hosed up. Akuya just isn't as interesting to be honest but has also not been using his full strength.

Ohma beats Raian, and also get massively hosed up since both of them can go super mode. Ohma is slowly killing himself with that technique though.

Watusiki vs muscles: WAtasuki wins in a cool rear end fight.

Gizenga vs Jun: Jun is done, he had his fun, but I don't think he gets stabbed in the brain. Remember Jun is a pro wrestler and EYE POKES and such are moves that crop up in extreme rules (Death matches in japan?) And thus Jun probably has a technique to tank them.

These are all fairly obvious outcomes I feel, but the fights should be drat drat good.

All of your predictions are true, lol.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Please don't spoil unreleased chapters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Please don't spoil unreleased chapters.

He's lying. They're actually defeated by WWE CHAMP JOHN CENA IN THE WWE SUUUUUUUPERSLAM!!! And then suddenly...AN RKO OUT OF NOWHERE?! BUT WHO COULD POSSIBLY-

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It would be so much better if they crossed over with WWE instead of street fighter.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pretty decent chapter, I'm still super hyped to see what's up with Mocky Mice. The time for dreams is rapidly approaching its end. That one guy against Rihito definitely seems dangerous as poo poo.

Honestly, after saving Mokichi's life, tending to all the wounded, saving Sawada's leg, the creepy dissection doctor is pretty consistently the least evil character in the manga.

Also a pretty clever way to tease at what-if fights between ohma and the other fighters.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-010-Ch-081?id=385419

Rihito's fingers can tear flesh, but his opponent's fingers can carve rock / concrete. Rihito's so screwed.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 30, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

While it's pretty obvious that Ohma will win the left side, I am curious about how the right side will turn out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poor Ohma is gonna end up in a love triangle he has no interest in :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh gently caress, even in his combat headspace, Ohma can't shake his intimidation of Kazuo.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
whole lot going on in this chapter but i think my favorite is Rihito being the most basic person in the world

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mockey...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sawada what's wrong with your faaaaace

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly, after saving Mokichi's life, tending to all the wounded, saving Sawada's leg, the creepy dissection doctor is pretty consistently the least evil character in the manga.

When he was introduced wasn't he looking at a photo album of all his patients that had died?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 30, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He got hit on it several times.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rihito owns

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
He's great, but he is fuuuuuuuucked. Rihito's got knives for fingers, Gensai's got jackhammers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rihito is horny for sawada

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ChazTurbo posted:

I'm a jerk lol

You got to ruin things for me don't you.

Predictions:

Right side of the bracket is obvious for a bunch.

I'm hoping fishing grandpa wins but i'm not really sure at all on this one, could go either way.

Rihito and fake mickey are utterly boned. Especially with how this gensai guy is getting hyped

I don't see Setsuna losing either.

Or Nogi's guy, probably going to win.

I'm hyped for the doctor duel, my money is on professor dissector (He should tag team with Jun.)

Our chess master I feel will lose, the THAI GOD OF WAR has been hyped a lot it seems,

Fang is of course going to win but it is hopefully a COOL rear end FIGHT.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

FWIW this panel from the OP:

Is almost certainly the beginning of the fight between the Fang and Muji TV's fighter at the end of round one. So a cool fight is likely, albeit with a foregone conclusion. Also implies considerably greater presence than that fighter's had so far, so I'm curious to see what his deal is. It's notable that their CEO had other options based on the choosing order, but still put his fighter into a disadvantageous position.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

When he was introduced wasn't he looking at a photo album of all his patients that had died?

I mean it's probably patients he failed to save, he probably did do his best to try and save them though.

He just gets off the misery and guilt, is all. Who of us doesn't?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-010-Ch-081?id=385419

Rihito's fingers can tear flesh, but his opponent's fingers can carve rock / concrete. Rihito's so screwed.

C and D block are honestly the fights I'm most looking forward too just off of first impressions from the boat ride and this chapter solidifies it. I want this "dream" to never end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This panel had me so hyped for Nezu, I'm picturing him as this dour gloomy nihilist-as-gently caress lanky motherfucker whose eyes are just dead. A broken terrifying shell of a man.

EDIT: Probably middle aged.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

He doesn't have any martial arts experience or training, but instead fights with the hatred and disillusionment one can only get after working as a Mockey Mouse mascot for 20 years without breaks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bushmeister posted:

He doesn't have any martial arts experience or training, but instead fights with the hatred and disillusionment one can only get after working as a Mockey Mouse mascot for 20 years without breaks.

No amount of pain can hurt a man who is already dead inside.

EDIT: Then again fighters who can ignore pain one way or another have a poo poo track record. All 2 of them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter! It's a continuation of the Street Fighter collab chapter + some extra 4komas and the author's experiences with sumo and Street Fighter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-010-Ch-081-005?id=386062

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Those are some extremely high level 4komas.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im glad they got official permission to let their oc win a fight against ryu, that's living the dream right there

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those 4-komas are really excellent.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

im glad they got official permission to let their oc win a fight against ryu, that's living the dream right there

Yeah, Kazuo is even in there being better at reading the fight than Sakura. Is that canon? I mean, I'm assuming she's better than Dan but I can't say I know much about any of the characters in SF.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The fact that this was a collaboration for Street Fighter 4 lets me know how long the series has been running.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OH!! JESUS loving CHRIST!!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Plutonis posted:

OH!! JESUS loving CHRIST!!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Plutonis posted:

code:
C  F  J  O
H  U  E  H
R  C  S  !!
I  K  U
S  I  S
T  N
!! G

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Paging K. Flaps.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm rereading ohma's fight and i wonder why the doctor thinks he'll die soon

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

I mean, he doesn't seem like he eats a balanced diet, he's basically just looking for any good fight he can get himself into, and nothing about Advance looks healthy pr natural in any way.

Dude's gotta be burning the candle at both ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

Probably something about his super mode, Ohma himself said he was taking out an advance when he used it against Jun, so it's probably killing him.