Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Except that it's going to be on Saturday the 14th.

Welp, that's one way to start the next page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Where's my option to be something cool like a mummy or skeleton instead

Oh well, at least vampires can sometimes be neat. Werewolves have never been cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Team Vampire. Why am I always picking with Pearl...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
There's only one cool werewolf and it's J Talbain. Gotta go with vampires on this one

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Anybody who picks werewolf is a disgusting furry. So it should win the popularity contest.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Team Werewolf is literally represented by a dork in a fursuit so this is definitely gonna become "normies vs. furries".

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Under other circumstances I would choose werewolf, but I can never betray pearl

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

Team Vampire. Why am I always picking with Pearl...

Because Marina is always wrong and Octarian scum should stay out of Inkopolis.

Also, better translations for the patch notes:

Part 1
Part 2

I'm just kinda surprised the Splattershot didn't get a nerf aside from a point cost increase. It's the best weapon in the entire game right now. There's like absolutely no situation where it would be a bad weapon to use.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 6, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will pick Team Werewolf because a Werewolf is like a large dog and I like dogs while vampires are men who wear blouses

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Vampires have been ruined forever whilst werewolves are still badass, sorry losers.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm just kinda surprised the Splattershot didn't get a nerf aside from a point cost increase. It's the best weapon in the entire game right now. There's like absolutely no situation where it would be a bad weapon to use.

I feel like in a game with unlockable weapons you have to have an early weapon like this. You're never at a disadvantage due to unlocks because the all-rounder is there for you.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Deleter posted:

Vampires have been ruined forever whilst werewolves are still badass, sorry losers.

ahh I see you're team jacob

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well, everything but shooters were buffed against baller, that's a nerf to it depending on how much people keep running baller.

I don't know who said it but whoever said they use the splattershot as the bar is being proven right. It's a little warm and fuzzy to think they are going to buff as opposed to direct nerfs but honestly it might be the best philosophy. Sure, there is power creep over time but I think it makes the healthiest meta once it's had enough time and data to see what the problems are. That's Dota 2's general trend (slight power creep over-time) and that game has been marvelously balanced for a while even if the current patch is getting stale (don't @ me). I'm ok if the splattershot remains top in popularity because it probably should. If they would nerf it, the next closest thing would take its slot. Seems like much of the time people don't want to be specialized, nerfing the splattershot doesn't change that, they'll just find the next best generalist shooter.

I'd rather they balance so that we have a wide variety of viable, interesting choices. I don't need to see them nerf something because it's too popular.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If the splattershot is the bar then I think it's time to unnerf the trislosher

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

tap my mountain posted:

Make the inkbrush charge a one hit kill with no slowdown when you go through inklings.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Deleter posted:

Dracula's are sexy lovers while werewolves are furries.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
As someone that uses the Spattershot Pro frequently, I don't think it needed a bullet velocity buff, but hey I'll take it! This patch might even give me a reason to dust off my mini Splatling and make a comeback/run speed set.

Polish Avenger posted:

I'd rather they balance so that we have a wide variety of viable, interesting choices. I don't need to see them nerf something because it's too popular.

As I recall, that's precisely what happened in S1 a while after all the weapons were released and all the bigger balance changes were "roughed in". Ignoring small tweaks, increases or decreases in special charge time essentially traced popularity. I get that they want to discourage always running the same loadout or "maining" a weapon; but it was mildly annoying when you happened to like and excel with a weapon that was popular, because you could be sure that it was going to have its special cost increased soon.

Even though wolfman's got nards, he's also got the furry vote. I'm going to have to side with Pearl on this one on account of there's more cool and good vampire movies.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
The level that the game punishes you for connection errors is ridiculous. It seems equivalent to 3 losses. If the game can differentiate between forcibly disconnecting and connection errors with a timed punishment, why can't it not penalize me so much for having lovely internet?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm thinking of going werewolf so I can have a shirt with that hilarious orb person on it.

Seriously that icon just makes me smile, its so dumb looking

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

dog nougat posted:

The level that the game punishes you for connection errors is ridiculous. It seems equivalent to 3 losses. If the game can differentiate between forcibly disconnecting and connection errors with a timed punishment, why can't it not penalize me so much for having lovely internet?

Because it doesn't matter which it is, it ruins 3 other player's experience and they really really want you to fix your poo poo before playing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

dog nougat posted:

If you are knowingly playing the game with bad internet, you are just as bad, if not worse than people who rage quit since you are ruining the game for 3 people on your team, and deserve every bit of punishment that is dealt to you.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Trislosher was murdering everyone, it needed to be smacked down.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you are knowingly playing the game with bad internet, you are just as bad, if not worse than people who rage quit since you are ruining the game for 3 people on your team, and deserve every bit of punishment that is dealt to you.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Shame Boner posted:

As someone that uses the Spattershot Pro frequently, I don't think it needed a bullet velocity buff, but hey I'll take it! This patch might even give me a reason to dust off my mini Splatling and make a comeback/run speed set.

I'm with you. I like the SplatPro, I've been inspired to practice it by some nasty S+ level streamers who are pretty insane with that thing. That buff seems really strong.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Eh not really, it doesn't penalize them in the event they lose. I try to play as close to my router as possible, but I live in a city with fairly poor infrastructure. I live where I can afford to and moving to a place where I can have theoretically better internet/more reliable utilities isn't feasible. "My internet occasionally craps out on me" doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have fun and play games online. It's not as if I'm getting constant connection errors anyhow, typically it happens about 1 to 2 times per week.

The level of punishment for what for me is an occasional, intermittent error I have literally no control over seems unjustifiably harsh.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Losing doesn't necessarily ruin a game in all cases, and might come from cases like tiny mistakes that added up, or a hig mistake that came at a critical moment. You won't know how a match turns out until you play it.

Disconnects on the other hand, put your team at a disadvantage without question. And if you disconnect past the first 30 seconds, your team will get penalized for losing.

Also, disconnects simply damage your bar by the maximum amount possible. It's no more harsh than losses in certain cases.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

This!!

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
Re: disconnection chat

Do you guys ever block players that disconnect? I probably do about half the time and especially when the disconnection was "fishy". I feel bad about blocking someone who had a client error they couldn't predict or prevent; but on the other hand there's a good chance they're either a ragequitter or someone with bad internet. I'm aware that over time, it probably increases my matchmaking time and possibly the matchmaking time of others, but I'm not sure if it works like that. I have solid internet, but I've definitely been That Guy that gets a random client error on a wildly successful round 3 Salmon Run and I feel terrible about possibly ruining it for my teammates.

Edit: VVV team Formerly Known as Prince all day every day.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 6, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Stan Taylor posted:

What is a squid? A miserable puddle of ink-rets!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I will pick Team Werewolf because a Werewolf is like a large dog and I like dogs while vampires are men who wear blouses

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 6, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Werewolves because Merton J. Dingle would defend werewolves

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also, why the hell are they buffing the N-Zap!? That thing is already one of the best weapons in the game. It's gonna be the next Tri-Slosher at this rate. Does the dev team even know what they're doing? Most of this patch was spent fixing their incompetence from the last patch.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 6, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

an actual dog posted:

ahh I see you're team jacob

Stan Taylor posted:

Vampires are defeated by the following things:
- Garlic
- Sunlight
- Running water
- Not being invited to your house party

Werewolves are defeated by the following things
- A gun

Check and mate.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Deleter posted:

Vampires are defeated by the following things:
- Garlic
- Sunlight
- Running water
- Not being invited to your house party

- A gun
- Old age
- Silver
- A vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Actually according to other games, Werewolves are defeated through participatory democracy

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

The Deleter posted:

- A gun

Check and mate.

Psst, Splatoon is a game about squids with guns :ssh:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Actually according to other games, Werewolves are defeated through participatory democracy

:thurman:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guess I'm going back to the N-Zap full time

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxk_P3PNuZU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does the dev team even know what they're doing? Most of this patch was spent fixing their incompetence from the last patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dr. Fetus you gotta calm down blud