Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

if MST taught me one thing it's that you also need to know HOOKER'S A GOOD COP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I happened to catch part of one episode that dealt with I guess telephone linemen raping women? And the cops were discussing the victims' relationship issues in between action scenes and the whole thing just felt really off. So I guess go in knowing it's trying to be this gritty, realistic cop drama that is 35 years behind the times.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The RiffTrax episode of Samurai Cop is included with Amazon Pride, a good option for seeing is believing.

Cameron had a hell of a niche Star Trek career. 43 appearances including two movies as Ensign Kellogg, stand in for Gates McFadden and Jeri Ryan, and occasional bumpy-headed alien. Good work if you can get it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Twinkie Czar posted:

The RiffTrax episode of Samurai Cop is included with Amazon Pride, a good option for seeing is believing.

Cameron had a hell of a niche Star Trek career. 43 appearances including two movies as Ensign Kellogg, stand in for Gates McFadden and Jeri Ryan, and occasional bumpy-headed alien. Good work if you can get it.

Does that make it mandatory the TNG cast has to go to her movie premieres and wear sweatpants?

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Did they go back to place ads in the older episodes? I relistened to Teen Witch today, and there was an ad in the middle I can't remember being there before. It even had the "Spanish Fly" background music.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

Apes-Ma posted:

Did they go back to place ads in the older episodes? I relistened to Teen Witch today, and there was an ad in the middle I can't remember being there before. It even had the "Spanish Fly" background music.

Yeah, they did. Thankfully, on certain platforms you can skip the ads, but I think it's a silly idea. It's one thing to have ads in the new episodes, but the old ones as well? Not entirely sold, sorry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ZakAce posted:

Yeah, they did. Thankfully, on certain platforms you can skip the ads, but I think it's a silly idea. It's one thing to have ads in the new episodes, but the old ones as well? Not entirely sold, sorry.

It was probably HeadGum doing it. I know a couple weeks ago I had a different podcast that contained ads that were localized for me in it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The retroactive ads in the old episodes aren't there if you download the mp3 versions directly from their site.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh, I thought it was 'HeadGun' and pictured a guybwith a gun for a head as their logo. :v:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Iron Crowned posted:

It was probably HeadGum doing it. I know a couple weeks ago I had a different podcast that contained ads that were localized for me in it.

Yeah, anything that uses the new headgum player instead of the old libsyn player will have the new ads.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

bobkatt013 posted:

Does that make it mandatory the TNG cast has to go to her movie premieres and wear sweatpants?

Cameron overheard the talk in the Paramount commissary, Rick Berman made the movie premiere mandatory, and that was just the beginning. After a few weeks of "Ensign Kellogg, set a course for... a view of your vagina" Berman knew he better give her a Trek career for life.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Cameron overheard the talk in the Paramount commissary, Rick Berman made the movie premiere mandatory, and that was just the beginning. After a few weeks of "Ensign Kellogg, set a course for... a view of your vagina" Berman knew he better give her a Trek career for life.

I suspect Braga had something to do with the decision:

quote:

"It was the best performance I've ever seen. I just thought she did a wonderful job. Picard catches Beverly masturbating for crying out loud! What a tough role to play. When I was writing the words, 'She writhes around in the bed having invisible sex,' I just thought, 'Oh man, we're asking for trouble. Are they gonna be able to pull this off?' Thanks to [director] Jonathan Frakes and Gates, it was not hokey. It was very good. Look, I scripted the first orgasm in "The Game". This was mild by comparison. Sure it was racy. Even Rick Berman had said, 'I can't believe we're doing this.' I think they trimmed quite a bit out of the writhing sequences."

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Sub_Rosa_(episode)#Reception

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

duz posted:

Yeah, anything that uses the new headgum player instead of the old libsyn player will have the new ads.

Is this why the ads so often happen mid thought/bit?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gyges posted:

Is this why the ads so often happen mid thought/bit?

Yes, it's the player injecting them.

Also, spooktacular has now begun with The Final Nightmare.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

duz posted:

Yes, it's the player injecting them.

Also, spooktacular has now begun with The Final Nightmare.

Final Nightmare is so loving bad. It really is a comedy, and not a good one.

Like, New Nightmare isn't good. But at least it was trying for something different and scary.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

As an 80's child, I grew up in the Elm Street heyday, and in retrospect the popularity of the franchise is pretty baffling. The series starts as a true-blue horror movie about a grotesquely scarred child murderer (and implied molester) who haunts the dreams of the children of those who kill him. Okay, I get that. Fast forward a few entrees and you have him dressing up as the Wicked Witch Of The West and making Nintendo puns. The leap between "bent pedophile bogeyman" to "Pretty Much Just The Dominos Noid" is pretty freakin big. It's very weird. Also one of the reasons why I don't think the remake worked. Popular opinion leans more heavily into the Merry Prankster Freddy than a "legit" supernatural serial killer.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/915285929664892928

Yo someone is a motherfucker.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wonder if it was that "you should be flattered someone liked your stuff enough to steal it!" dumbass.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Like, New Nightmare isn't good. But at least it was trying for something different and scary.

you take that back :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

That player is so bad. :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is going to be an amazing month.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I'm certain that Patreon does some sort of analytics on the links that people use and if they see hundreds of people accessing the same feed which should only be serving one person.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm certain that Patreon does some sort of analytics on the links that people use and if they see hundreds of people accessing the same feed which should only be serving one person.

Here's hoping. Can't even spot 8 bucks for one month and binge though? Cmon

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

teen witch posted:

Here's hoping. Can't even spot 8 bucks for one month and binge though? Cmon

Weird thought that they don't just download the Eps and put them on a tracker. Seems like the easier way to :filez: them.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I was working when I listened to the Freddy's Dead episode the first time through and missed a lot of stuff. It was only on my second listen that I caught the Devin Faraci dig.

Well done, Jupin.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BUTTERBISCUIT!

I feel justified in my forever love of Cabin for jokes like that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They really get on a roll when they're making horse jokes. Now I'm thinking I should call in a horse movie next listener request month.

But I'm probably sticking to The Mechanic. I can't resist Charles Bronson impersonations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Any episode that encourages Stephen to do his Nick Nolte is a great one in my books.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

They really get on a roll when they're making horse jokes. Now I'm thinking I should call in a horse movie next listener request month.

just request a rerun of Pippi Longstocking that's nothing but the horse bits. "YOU'RE GONNA GET THE CHAIR"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

just request a rerun of Pippi Longstocking that's nothing but the horse bits. "YOU'RE GONNA GET THE CHAIR"

The horse bits is one of several reasons why the Pippi Longstocking episode is one of my favourites.

My WHM rebinge has taken me back to Spooktacular 2016 and in the Halloween Films Ranked special they implied that they would do a Nightmare On Elm Street ranking episode in the future so I'm going to assume that it might be this Spooktacular. WHM's love for shlocky horror movies has gotten me interested in them and this Spooktober I vow to watch at least a few of those horror films, likely a Halloween and a Chainsaw Massacre.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoubleCakes posted:

The horse bits is one of several reasons why the Pippi Longstocking episode is one of my favourites.

My WHM rebinge has taken me back to Spooktacular 2016 and in the Halloween Films Ranked special they implied that they would do a Nightmare On Elm Street ranking episode in the future so I'm going to assume that it might be this Spooktacular. WHM's love for shlocky horror movies has gotten me interested in them and this Spooktober I vow to watch at least a few of those horror films, likely a Halloween and a Chainsaw Massacre.

They have already said they are doing nightmare this year! They are also finally getting to a stay tuned they have mentioned a bunch!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Man. This episode started slow, but the back half has me rolling. And now I actually want to see another good director do a Nightmare reboot.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"SHE'S PULLING A BURN!! THIS ISN'T HER FIRST TIME!!" and "YOU EAT THE FISH, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!!" always make me laugh like an idiot.

And the excellent callback in "Never Say Never Again" was perfect. "Second director Longstocking to the set, please".

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

GPTribefan posted:

"SHE'S PULLING A BURN!! THIS ISN'T HER FIRST TIME!!" and "YOU EAT THE FISH, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!!" always make me laugh like an idiot.

And the excellent callback in "Never Say Never Again" was perfect. "Second director Longstocking to the set, please".

*horse is launched* "YOU BIIIIIIiiiiiiiitch~"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The Hot to Trot episode, and th Nick Nolte bits in particular, literally made me cry from laughter.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Hey. HEY. Will somebody in this thread smoke a joint already?

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fart City posted:

I was working when I listened to the Freddy's Dead episode the first time through and missed a lot of stuff. It was only on my second listen that I caught the Devin Faraci dig.

Well done, Jupin.

What was the Faraci dig? I missed it

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Super Fan posted:

What was the Faraci dig? I missed it

Towards the end of the episode Jupin makes a reference to Freddy being fired for his deeds and being secretly rehired under the table. His tone is a clear shot at movietown goins ons.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fart City posted:

Towards the end of the episode Jupin makes a reference to Freddy being fired for his deeds and being secretly rehired under the table. His tone is a clear shot at movietown goins ons.

Ugh that gross dude got hired somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

By the same people that he "resigned" from.