Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

luneth is a totally fine finisher, he's just not super exciting. he's actually much improved since they apparently fixed the counter bug letting you make use of enhanced advance. he's actually really easy to gear and use. there are a lot worse 5* you could have pulled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Shingouryu posted:

Like many ITT I just got my 5* moogle and am agonizing over what to use it on... here are some front runners I'm considering...

Proud Fencer - would get my Cid +20% HP and 10% atk

Sorcery - My Freyvia is currently running needle+rod. I have the Ignuses for 4x L&A, though I've only ground up one.

Fixed Dice - For VoF

Pod 153 - for utility

Deathbringer - for elemental diversity

The Pod is pretty amazing. The persistently super-good thing it has is the 40% party-wide damage reduction buff, since it stacks with other similar damage reduction buffs. It also comes with an AoE regen which I've actually used to save myself quite a few times, and an AoE physical chaining move that has a standard 10-frame delay making it easy to chain with.

However, unless you need any of that, you might as well hold on to your moogle. I've actually built a 100% moogle along with the other 100% I got from the storyline and I'm just holding on to both in case I get a unit with a "must have NOW" TMR down the line.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

rabidsquid posted:

luneth is a totally fine finisher, he's just not super exciting. he's actually much improved since they apparently fixed the counter bug letting you make use of enhanced advance. he's actually really easy to gear and use. there are a lot worse 5* you could have pulled

Awesome thanks that makes me feel less angry. For some reason off banner pulls like that just kinda irk me even though I should just be happy I ended up with someone decent instead of someone kinda garbo. I appreciate the run down!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Enhanced Luneth is a beast and is like, the 3rd best finisher in the game right now or something like that. You could certainly do a lot worse.

It's just, yeah, he does damage and damage alone. No real utility.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

arisu posted:

Enhanced Luneth is a beast and is like, the 3rd best finisher in the game right now or something like that. You could certainly do a lot worse.

It's just, yeah, he does damage and damage alone. No real utility.

Who's ahead of Luneth? Veritas of the Flame and... Olive?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
firion with the right conditions for his slayers is probably up there too

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Skyridge posted:

It's VoF and Dark Knight Cecil. Luneth definitely has his own niche because of how difficult/annoying it is to use either of those properly

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

According to the wiki, right now the top five raw damage dealers are:

1. A2
2. Veritas of the Flame
3. 2B
4. Dark Knight Cecil (enhanced)
5. Luneth (enhanced)

If you take out Dark Knight Cecil and Luneth and only use unenhanced units, they are replaced with Knight Delita and Veritas of the Dark.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
GUEST UNIT oh gently caress new mechanic

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

1. A2
2. Veritas of the Flame
3. 2B
5. Luneth (enhanced)

If you take out Dark Knight Cecil and Luneth and only use unenhanced units, they are replaced with Knight Delita and Veritas of the Dark.

:eyepop: How do you get A2 at the top of the list? I still use my olive because her gear doesn't interrupt my dual orlandeus. But if I can, I'd love to turbo gear my A2.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
So is Ayaka available for the initial roll for new players when starting the game now? I've been waiting to start this game until then.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
So whats the best way to farm the mats for the drugs/candies

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

So whats the best way to farm the mats for the drugs/candies

pods, xons, lockes, Great Raven's Cape, stack it all.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
really meant which levels to farm it in but thats also good advice that I completely forgot about.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 7, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I wasn't able to get Ayaka today despite doing a few 10+1 pulls, but I did get a rainbow: my second Aileen. Definitely can't complain since her future enhancements are kind of amazing.

I seem to have some bizarre luck with pulling duplicate rainbows:

2 x Lightning (good for expeditions at least)
2 x Ace
3 x Fohlens
2 x Aileen
2 x Dark Veritas

My focus is currently on gearing the two DVs, and pretty much everything else is taking a backseat to them. I'll probably put one up with Excalibur + Deathbringer as a fakelandeau friend unit at some point, replacing my Olive since she's well past her prime.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

really meant which levels to farm it in but thats also good advice that I completely forgot about.

well there's only one place each to get them so I didn't realize that was even a question! The first two Ayaka levels, one drops sugar, the other water. That's literally it. :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: How do you get A2 at the top of the list? I still use my olive because her gear doesn't interrupt my dual orlandeus. But if I can, I'd love to turbo gear my A2.

Ask the wiki guys I guess?

jjef posted:

So is Ayaka available for the initial roll for new players when starting the game now? I've been waiting to start this game until then.

Yes. Please proceed. Make sure you get some good units to make things easier on you. You don't have to, but you will have more fun if you do.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody posted on Reddit that you can farm the final Goku mission and its great source of t1 - t3 power, tech, and support crysts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody posted on Reddit that you can farm the final Goku mission and its great source of t1 - t3 power, tech, and support crysts.

I said that a page or so back!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I said that a page or so back!

Bediled again.
:negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ask the wiki guys I guess?

:shrug: I am very lazy. Sorry A2, you can keep doing expeditions.

Anyway, what's the drop rate on the candy mats looking like so far? I kind of want to farm up some, possibly all, of the crysts but if it's a pain in the rear end I'll just grab what I can and keep TM farming.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Nuebot posted:

:shrug: I am very lazy. Sorry A2, you can keep doing expeditions.

Anyway, what's the drop rate on the candy mats looking like so far? I kind of want to farm up some, possibly all, of the crysts but if it's a pain in the rear end I'll just grab what I can and keep TM farming.

You get 1-4 per run. I run with 2 x Xon, Locke, and Pod, and consistently get 3 on average.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

1. A2
2. Veritas of the Flame
3. 2B
5. Luneth (enhanced)

Meanwhile, according to this goon-made sheet, the Top 5 are:
1. A2
2. Veritas Of The Dark
3. Onion Knight
4. Orlandeau
5. 2B

Shoenin posted:

GUEST UNIT oh gently caress new mechanic

Yup. Test Driving new Units is a nice idea, but they need to let us choose from ALL of the new Units. Ah well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

yeah Sparky is an integral item for Olive, its not just BIS but nothing else can even approximate it since it gives true doublehand

It gives regular doublehand. Sparky is a 1-handed gun. :eng101:

Office Thug posted:

The Pod is pretty amazing. The persistently super-good thing it has is the 40% party-wide damage reduction buff, since it stacks with other similar damage reduction buffs.

The Pod damage reduction stacks with other sources because it's physical damage reduction (as is golem, IIRC), while HyperNull All and the like reduce all damage.

Still, for physical heavy bosses it's fantastic.Having VoF use his barrier skill and 9S use the pod reduction, along with minfilia's shadow guard, made the Shadowlord's big physical attacks hit for low hundreds of damage, or double digit damage for some others like giga slash.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Kheldarn posted:

Meanwhile, according to this goon-made sheet, the Top 5 are:
1. A2
2. Veritas Of The Dark
3. Onion Knight
4. Orlandeau
5. 2B

Yup. Test Driving new Units is a nice idea, but they need to let us choose from ALL of the new Units. Ah well.

The goon sheet isn't rating based on raw damage, it's just rating the characters on how useful they are overall. As long as you have even a 20% imperil to use with OK, he's going to do way more damage than VoD. Both the wiki and the goon sheet are bad at rating damage dealers because they don't differentiate between chainers and finishers, or chainer timing. This reddit post is probably the most accurate thing for pure damage output from chainers/finishers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh hey, look what popped up on my friend list:

Fina Does Dallas

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, what are some BiS options for a fully awakened DKC? I was figuring Deathbringer+Doublehand so I don't have to worry about him killing himself with Soul Eater, along with all the +atk materia and equipment possible. I'm mostly leaning towards DKC as a finisher over Luneth because my Luneth would still need both awakenings for Cut Through, and it seems like DKC and Elza would synergize really well.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, what are some BiS options for a fully awakened DKC? I was figuring Deathbringer+Doublehand so I don't have to worry about him killing himself with Soul Eater, along with all the +atk materia and equipment possible. I'm mostly leaning towards DKC as a finisher over Luneth because my Luneth would still need both awakenings for Cut Through, and it seems like DKC and Elza would synergize really well.

Since Elza has her own dark element TMR spear, I think Deathbringer would be your best bet even though the dark element on it isn't needed for DKC.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Technically BIS would be using DW then timing a heal between his hits so he doesn't die.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

Technically BIS would be using DW then timing a heal between his hits so he doesn't die.

The upside of DH now that we have multiple sources of 40% materia (proud fencer, adv 5, ssp-e) so the raw atk number difference is pretty minimal. DW does open up better 1-shot opportunities in fights because you can imperil and get a full chain capped hit in the same round. The difference in overall damage is small though simply because you're not capping with both hits unless you have an absurdly long chain and you have to do heal shenanigans to make it work. It's honestly too much work to do religiously (coming from someone who uses 2x Ashe to chain).

Right now in particular he sucks because he's locked into doing dark damage and we've had a fuckton of dark resistant bosses.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Which one of these would you guys like as a leader?

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I just accidentally sold 982 Relics, thinking they were the leftover currency from the last King Mog event. Oh well, guess Adventurer IV will have to wait another seven or eight weeks.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Realistically, the chances of pulling Ayaka while rerolling are pretty low, right? It seems I'm given 5 tickets initially with another 3 in my message box plus enough gems for a 250 roll and one 500 roll (with 450 gems left over), so that's 10 rolls total. Am I crazy for even bothering with this?

I've rerolled around 10 times and never seen a rainbow and only 3 orange. It's been all blue pulls and I'm discouraged. Unless I'm missing something, this seems impossible.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
No you aren't crazy for bothering with rerolling.

I think the record for goon rerolls is 2(?) weeks but I'm not sure what he ended up with.

The gacha in this is pretty unfair so if you want to play it and don't mind doing it, I'd keep rerolling til you get one or two 5* with at least one good 5* chainer (Orlandu, Aileen, Fryevia, Onion Knight, Veritas of the Dark, probably others I'm forgetting).

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
BE's gatcha is pretty bullshit, but ill still take it over something like Fate's ultra rear end in a top hat one or the assinine FE heroes one.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Welp, I decided to enhance Ace because Tri-Beam Laser+2 comes with a -75% light imperil for my two DVs wielding Excaliburs. I then discovered his LB is a fantastic finisher that benefits from physical killers and is incredibly easy to cap a Divine Ruination/Dark Punishment chain with, and that he comes with an amazing MP battery ability, on top of doing a pretty good job at the whole Light Imperil thing.

My enhancement experience was pretty sour at first with DKC, who's currently on expedition duty until I can actually loving gear him and the two DVs and pull a good dual-cast healer to keep him from exploding himself. I also enhanced Soleil and that was a good move, Ace is looking like a 2 for 1 win so far!

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 8, 2017

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Daily Ayaka, and I don't even use Tilith. Thats what happens when I actively rally against a dumb banner unit; the game ships me one as consolation.

Oxybeles fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 8, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

suuma posted:

No you aren't crazy for bothering with rerolling.

I think the record for goon rerolls is 2(?) weeks but I'm not sure what he ended up with.

The gacha in this is pretty unfair so if you want to play it and don't mind doing it, I'd keep rerolling til you get one or two 5* with at least one good 5* chainer (Orlandu, Aileen, Fryevia, Onion Knight, Veritas of the Dark, probably others I'm forgetting).

If you're using Nox or Memu to reroll, which you should be, you can run the multiple instance version and have 10 windows open at the same time each rolling for you. Makes things go a lot quicker when you're doing everything in batches of 10.

Ideally what you're looking for is Ayaka and any other rainbow but Dark Veritas, Onion Knight, Orlandeau, Aileen, Fryevia, Tidus and Noctis top the list.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I did three pulls today, used my daily and two tickets. Two of my pulls were Bartz. I'm convinced that something is wrong with this banner because outside of on banner units there's sure been a lot of type-0/very early game units being pulled. I think I am done with this banner, bring on the Four Fiends banner!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

I did three pulls today, used my daily and two tickets. Two of my pulls were Bartz. I'm convinced that something is wrong with this banner because outside of on banner units there's sure been a lot of type-0/very early game units being pulled. I think I am done with this banner, bring on the Four Fiends banner!

Ive pulled everyone but Ayaka from this banner. It seems to come and go wether or not one gets on-banner units.

• Locked thread