Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Did someone get head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Did someone get head?

lol

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Kumba not voting for one day, that'd be one thing. But he didn't vote for TWO days. Scum. Absolute scum

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Did someone get head?

Yep.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
What does that mean?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Looking at kumba and Hal's history, Hal's only vote has been for DB. He hasn't posted much at all. He's probably scum. Prove you're town Kumba, shoot his rear end

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Kumba voted Hal, they're not on the same side. One is of them is almost certainly scum. If you're town and you know it Kumba, pull the trigger

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

What does that mean?

No idea, which is why I'm hoping Al Snow [is town-aligned] and will let us know what it means.

Head could have done anything from blocking the night attack to distorting my scan result (or, for all I know, both)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Looking at kumba and Hal's history, Hal's only vote has been for DB. He hasn't posted much at all. He's probably scum. Prove you're town Kumba, shoot his rear end

are you even paying attention to this game?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mister Perky posted:

No idea, which is why I'm hoping Al Snow [is town-aligned] and will let us know what it means.

Head could have done anything from blocking the night attack to distorting my scan result (or, for all I know, both)

How do you know for sure whoever al snow is is town aligned?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I got the head the other day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I probably stopped the kill last night

So yeah don’t shoot me scuumba

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

How do you know for sure whoever al snow is is town aligned?

I don't.

but at least if he comes forward and offers an explanation of his abilities and/or what head does we have something to work with, and maybe we can judge if he's town aligned or not.

I probably made myself unclear with those brackets. I'm hoping 1) that Al Snow is town aligned AND 2) that, thus, Al Snow will have motive to explain his role honestly and we can figure out what Head does.

Mister Perky fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 7, 2017

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I got the head the other day

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did you pass it to me intentionally or does it move randomly?

Are you allowed to publicly discuss that or not?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
A player can reveal whatever they want about their role so long as it's not prohibited by the mod, but WHY is the question. It feels like your fishing here a little. Also I don't think you're supposed to edit your posts.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Welcome once again to Raw is War! We are live here in the packed Game Room subforum and boy do we have a slobberknocker tonight for the viewers at home. We're going to be playing a game of Mafia with thirteen, count'em thirteen of your favourite WWF Superstars and that's not all is it King?

No it's not JR, your WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin is set to join us later tonight and with the foul mood that man has been in, there's no telling what he's going to do.

I cannot wait to see that King and... oh we're being interrupted by the Chairman of the Board, Vincent Kennedy McMahon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JAI67yP1K0

Cut my music, let's get straight down to business and discuss our main event and the kind of Mafia game I want to see played:

This is a Mafia game for 13 people where each person will be assigned a famous WWF Attitude Era Superstar.

The key mechanic in this game is Momentum. Momentum is a currency that is spent in order to activate abilities. Every Superstar has an ability and a method of building momentum that will be sent to them as part of their role PM. The amount of momentum a Superstar can generate and the amount required for their ability will vary significantly from Superstar to Superstar.

Momentum is not gained instantly and instead will be distributed to players at the beginning of each night. In practice this means that nights and the flip might take a little longer to do while momentum gains are calculated.

Every character has a momentum cap. If you ever hold more momentum than your cap, momentum above the cap is lost.

Beyond this mechanic, the game is a (relatively) standard game of Mafia.

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.

Other general mafia rules (that have broadly been stolen from Somberbrero):

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is game and getting a rise out of people is fine, but no slurs or other personal poo poo.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat.
5. Don't post after the hammer.
6. Flavour is as accurate as I can make it in this game. Feel free to chase arguments around that but be aware that I'm not perfect.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. Be aware that this is the first time a 13 person main event mafia game has happened and that I'm probably going to screw up some things because I'm a moron doing this for the first time.

The game will start when Signups are full. (And I feel like it because I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon damnit!)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Hi im a watcher i saw jenkam and sal visit mr perky last night. Guess one of them is killer and one doc or something. You decide! I think jenkem is bad

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

derp posted:

Hi im a watcher i saw jenkam and sal visit mr perky last night. Guess one of them is killer and one doc or something. You decide! I think jenkem is bad

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd vote JD I think, I'm not convinced of the claim business.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mister Perky posted:

Did you pass it to me intentionally or does it move randomly?

Are you allowed to publicly discuss that or not?

No I didn't do anything with the head, I just got it the other night and as far as I can tell it did nothing.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

No I didn't do anything with the head, I just got it the other night and as far as I can tell it did nothing.

Okay, that's still useful to know.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

derp posted:

Hrmmmmm I sold some protection to the guy who did the vig yesterday and ended up taking a bullet so I think he was the kill target (or at least one of them)

That being said it does seem like one of those two is probably a badguy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We have the luxury of being ahead enough now that i am comfortable, after the claims, of giving jenkies the cut today.

I have confidence he will be the last scum. and if he is not, then it pretty much has to be sal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote jenkem

gonna drop this here because i wont be around much the next few days.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote JD

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ugh fine, I'm the doctor, I gave him Stratusfaction to keep him from getting killed. I managed someone else

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That means Sal is Al Snow

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hope you're Stratusfied :bigtran:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote jenkam

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So you have Perky corroborating my assertion I gave him momentum previously and proof I visited him in the night when I used my ability to save his life. Sounds like the doctor role, no?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Is you ability giving momentum, or protecting?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hrmmmmm I sold some protection to the guy who did the vig yesterday and ended up taking a bullet so I think he was the kill target (or at least one of them)

That being said it does seem like one of those two is probably a badguy
cheers for that btw

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Yes that's true. I'm Al Snow. The more people who have had the more momentum I get. At the risk of being too honest if everyone alive has head I win. I'm not town or mafia.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote Jenkem Delivery

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Yes that's true. I'm Al Snow. The more people who have had the more momentum I get. At the risk of being too honest if everyone alive has head I win. I'm not town or mafia.

Lol

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That's what I figured! Been fun.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My lack of experience with this game prevented me from coming up with a decent lie.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I'm pretty sure this makes you scum btw. The scum group would know who they each are, cap pig is Angle so ya easy to narrow down who is Al Snow

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Hoo boy.

Piper/Cult Leader.

Yeah that's a tough one. Really nasty neutral role. One of my favorite concepts but man is it difficult to win with. I've never been in a game where it even looked possible.

##Vote SalTheBard

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mister Perky posted:

Hoo boy.

Piper/Cult Leader.

Yeah that's a tough one. Really nasty neutral role. One of my favorite concepts but man is it difficult to win with. I've never been in a game where it even looked possible.

##Vote SalTheBard

My goal was to fly under radar whilst handing out heads but people just had to get nosey :-P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like I'm legitimately not even mad at this point. I just wish I could've came up with a lie as to what I use momentum for :-/

• Locked thread