Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
What the carp was Maple doing there? Going to contest blue by walking through redside jungle!?!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
blistering .2 kills a minute her

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Alphari feels like the real deal. You gotta have that killer instinct on the World stage.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
THANK GOD they finally took a drag. Fuckin EU drake control is s h i t

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
highly under rated lms region being dismantled by msf 🤔

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Knight's Vow on the splitpushing trundle makes me want to die

Edit: Imagine if that wasn't a Nashor's Tooth shockwave but an actual AP item.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 7, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

relegate both these teams

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
:siren: EUphoria :siren:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
MSF taking the first EU win over FW isn't something I'd have bet on

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
nashors ori fuckin UNDEFEATED

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zanael posted:

MSF taking the first EU win over FW isn't something I'd have bet on

I think it's already become clear which side of the dominate everyone/collapse completely dichotomy the LMS has chosen this year.

E: Jesus loving christ Uzi.....

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 7, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jarvan and Galio is disgusting.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

:siren: Faker on Fizz :siren:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

THE DISRESPECT

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Extraordinary disrespect.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Man SKT isn't looking very convincing so far.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Smol posted:

Man SKT isn't looking very convincing so far.

What teams are looking better than them?

This doesn't look like yesterdays EDG.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 7, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

You know those games where teams forget what Galio does? EDG seem to have forgotten what Shen does.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:rip: EDG and also my group A bracket.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

:rip: EDG and also my group A bracket.

Yeah, Jesus Christ. I expected the LMS teams to underperform a little, but this is some straight-rear end Vacation 2.0 poo poo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I for one am enjoying these 3am best of one cheeses quite a bit

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wuxi posted:

I'm loving the contrast between the games where GAM pulls out some stupid cheese strat, the games where Faker strongarms Kkoma into letting him get style points on Fizz, the games where PowerOfEvil gives the Chinese audience a headache with his Nashor's Orianna, and the games where TSM plays the exact same comp they've successfully won every game with this year without any P/B contest.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

20 minutes until the talking heads, so here's tonight's hot takes:

> TSM over WE in a brutal 55 minute slugfest
> Flash Wolves style all over Misfits with some dumb bullshit
> Fenerboche probably wins idk
> RNG manages to narrowly beat SSG after getting an early lead and then squandering it with a bad teamfght.
> skt1wins.lol
> C9 manage to get a win off a death-spiraling EDG.

I'm not really feeling any of those predictions specifically but that's because baseball already wore me the gently caress out today so you get lazy versions.

This was actually a closer prediction than I expected to get, with the exception of TSM closing against WE quicker than I thought and believing too hard in Flash Wolves these were pretty close to the mark.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180340990?t=01h07m06s

poor 957 just can't do anything with dog champ against good teams

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Wuxi posted:

the games have been pretty fun after the first day. it is a bit annoying when i remember we wait p much all year for this though

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Not somewhere I can watch right now, did c9-edg happen yet?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Not somewhere I can watch right now, did c9-edg happen yet?

yep the game and edg are both over

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
TSM/WE: Sven's positioning is terrible and hesitant and it's so easily readable even to someone who isn't a pro. I'm not sure if TSM is just making him take insane scouting risks for their information/edification but his ability to get out of those situations is transparently bad. TSM still looked solid in this one and got great picks in all the major team fights.

FW/MSF: Well well well. Protect the Kog'Maw is a better strategy than whatever it was that FW were trying to do with that poo poo.

G2/FB: Let's get a quick take on what Crash and the Boys think about this one -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJme_nn9jA

SSG/RNG: Holy gently caress they smashed. Uzi was a monster. :wow:

Monathin posted:

Jarvan and Galio is disgusting.

SKT/AHQ: Typical SKT win. Composed. Lot of mistakes from their opponent, and they eventually capitalized on them.

C9/EDG: Is Scout just gonna play Lucian all tournament? Why? EDG's drafts have been poo poo and they deserved to get put down hard in Week 1. I'm giving the #1 China seed over to RNG, I don't care what happened in Game 5 of the regionals. EDG is poo poo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Libertine posted:

TSM/WE: Sven's positioning is terrible and hesitant and it's so easily readable even to someone who isn't a pro. I'm not sure if TSM is just making him take insane scouting risks for their information/edification but his ability to get out of those situations is transparently bad. TSM still looked solid in this one and got great picks in all the major team fights.

As I said during regional finals, Sven's still looking really shaky, something that's being covered up by the fact that absolutely no team on planet Earth wants to contest his Gragas pick for whatever reason. Take his ability to follow up on Biofrost's plays away and they're going to run into problems.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
just wanna say that I can't believe EDG squandered the game against SKT but hollyyy poo poo that wombo :eyepop:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

just wanna say that I can't believe EDG squandered the game against SKT but hollyyy poo poo that wombo :eyepop:

The Spanish cast lost its mind during that play.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Vermain posted:

The Spanish cast lost its mind during that play.

this is amazing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think that part of it translates to "CHECK THEIR BLOOD THEY ARE NOT HUMAN!"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I think that part of it translates to "CHECK THEIR BLOOD THEY ARE NOT HUMAN!"

yeah he's hollering something like, "THEY'RE ROBOTS! GET THEIR BLOOD CHECKED! THEY'RE ROBOTS!"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

watching today's games now, not really spoilered anything for myself but any suggestions for the best ones?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ain’t nothing in this world more hype than spanish commentators

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Schnorkles posted:

watching today's games now, not really spoilered anything for myself but any suggestions for the best ones?

FW/MSF, G2/FB, and SSG/RNG were all one-sided stomps where one team literally did not get a single kill. The rest were all right if you prefer any of those teams check them out.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
So week 2 is going to feature the top 2 teams advancing, right? It’s not another cyle pf best of ones. I guess i’m a little confused about how EDG remain in the tournament at this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jayisspecial posted:

So week 2 is going to feature the top 2 teams advancing, right? It’s not another cyle pf best of ones. I guess i’m a little confused about how EDG remain in the tournament at this point.

No one is eliminated until the end of week 2 but EDG would have to go 3-0 in week 2 and need some caveats or a tiebreaker to advance probably. Starting 0-3 in a six game "season" is pretty hard to climb out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, making 2nd for them now means going at least 2-1 in week 2, which means beating both C9 and AHQ (or SKT but let's be realistic here). They can probably beat AHQ if they don't draft like loving idiots again, but C9 have been on such a god drat tear I don't know that I'd put money on EDG in that match any more.