Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You can't romance the homeless old man in Stardew Valley. It's ruining my immersion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

the truth posted:

You can't romance the homeless old man in Stardew Valley. It's ruining my immersion.
PC version has all sorts of mods, one of which being the Marry And gently caress Linus Mod. PC supremacy again.

E: The first time I got the 4 heart cinematic for him I thought we were loving for a split second.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KingSlime posted:

repostin' this just in case someone who knows what's up sees it

I'm gonna jump in and start poking around once I wrap up some weekend work!
There's a Golf Story thread, friend! But uh, do the sidequests around there, and also buy the album in the pro shop - there's a huge chain of item-trading quests that involve water (and flippers for the rear end in a top hat with the island putting tour) and crab food and a shark's tooth and blah blah blah

you get the watch from the screen to the left of the main screen you're on where Aqua Golf is

edit: whoops, I came in to post something. When do you get the Project Octopath Traveler survey? I just got around to playing the demo today and I did "beat" it according to what it said with one protagonist and I have strong opinions and feedback to give.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

KingSlime posted:

repostin' this just in case someone who knows what's up sees it

I'm gonna jump in and start poking around once I wrap up some weekend work!

Just start talking to people, you need to complete a fetch quest chain to eventually get the wallet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's a Golf Story thread, friend! But uh, do the sidequests around there, and also buy the album in the pro shop - there's a huge chain of item-trading quests that involve water (and flippers for the rear end in a top hat with the island putting tour) and crab food and a shark's tooth and blah blah blah

you get the watch from the screen to the left of the main screen you're on where Aqua Golf is

edit: whoops, I came in to post something. When do you get the Project Octopath Traveler survey? I just got around to playing the demo today and I did "beat" it according to what it said with one protagonist and I have strong opinions and feedback to give.

Not everyone gets it. I never got it, and I downloaded and played it the day of the direct

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

There is a nintendo world championship today?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, hasn't really been hyped though so I'm not expecting any big reveals or demonstrations like the last one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's on Disney XD in like ten minutes

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, downloaded Stardew on a whim to see what all the fuss was about. It seems...ok. Not quite my thing tbh. The whole interface seems a bit clunky. Wish it had a bit more hand-holding going on, not really sure what I should be doing. I'm just clearing out land and hoarding supplies at this point. Feel like I should've picked up Golf Story instead? This feels a bit too tedious for me, not feeling any sense of reward after about an hour in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's on Disney XD in like ten minutes

It's also being streamed on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiQcqR8vps

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Who is the favorite to win the Championship this year? There better not be scarf guy in the running again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Returning champ john numbers

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Who is the favorite to win the Championship this year? There better not be scarf guy in the running again

Numbers is back

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who will have what it takes... to take the champ down...

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

WWE Superstar is gonna choke slam John Numbers through the top of the steel cage BAH GAWD HE'S BROKEN IN HALF

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bayley will win hands down. I choose this because it would be amazing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now I'm watching this thing and I suspect it is going to be awful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This tournament format seems needlessly complicated, apparently there will be 3 players in the finals, from which 2 will go to the second stage of the finals but then 2 people also play in the 3rd game of the finals?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wonder what new game they're going to be announcing in the finals.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

njsykora posted:

This tournament format seems needlessly complicated, apparently there will be 3 players in the finals, from which 2 will go to the second stage of the finals but then 2 people also play in the 3rd game of the finals?

The winner of the first one gets to go straight to the championship match and then the other two fight each other

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

If it's like 2015's, it'll be pretty fun, with a couple small surprise announcements.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I wonder what new game they're going to be announcing in the finals.

Star Fox 2 on VC

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

did reggie tell me to go gently caress myself

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best thing about last years championship was watching geoff keighley clearly getting more and more angry through his fake rear end smile the entire night

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

2015's was a lot of fun so this probably will be too!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Good god could John Numbers look any more like a malnourished zombie

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Stage 1 game 1. BotW. Who can finish first? 16 hours later...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best thing about last years championship was watching geoff keighley clearly getting more and more angry through his fake rear end smile the entire night

was he getting dunked on by a openly hateful comedian again

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Motto posted:

Yeah, hasn't really been hyped though so I'm not expecting any big reveals or demonstrations like the last one.

i judge whether i should be excited about something based on how much Bill Trinen is tweeting about it.

If it's a big or good thing he'll tweet exactly once and it'll be some lowkey "hmm, anything exciting today?". If it's a bad or underwhelming thing then he'll desperately tweet and retweet a lot about it

this sounds dumb, but it has a great success rate

bill has been tweeting an awful lot about the world championships

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/krp_ku/status/916148939824553986

A Japanese manufacturer is creating a Switch dock with a built-in LAN cable port for those of you who want solid wired connections without having to buy a USB adapter. Due out late December

It also leaves the screen fully visible so it can be used as a stand for tabletop mode with in-play recharging.

There's less chance of overheating, too.
It's around twenty bucks more expensive than the Nintendo version.
I'm thinking of getting one for my office.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

We made it 12 minutes before our first technical difficulties.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wait

Bayley is there?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

was he getting dunked on by a openly hateful comedian again

He has this weird rear end hate boner for Nintendo and the last interview he had with Reggie was really oddly confrontational. The next time they saw each other was the world championship. During the Smash portion audience members had cards to hold up about which character they'd like to see next but some people held up cards that weren't part of the choices he gave out so he got really snippy and bitchy with the audience. The rest of Smash was the entire audience purposely holding up incorrect cards and him getting more visibly fumed about it while Reggie looked on smiling

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

How the gently caress do I put bait on my fishing rod in the switch version of stardew? Does it not work on the first rod or something?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

a.lo posted:

Wait

Bayley is there?

Yes, she DNF'd in the first round.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who is Bayley? Is she someone?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, BAYLEY

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Who is Bayley? Is she someone?

Pro wrestler.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

lmao bayley loving sucks at everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

"Ausdyn" is the new Aiden

Splatoon 2 thread posters will know what I'm talmbout

• Locked thread