Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is OUAT actually worth watching or is it Shondaland-style trash?

It is exactly what you expect it to be. For good or bad.

Wanna see The LIttle Mermaid, Mulan, Dorothy, and Little Red Riding Hood go on a soap opera quest together? Watch Once Upon A Time. If that sounds terrible to you it probably is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I know there are a handful of buddies of this show still around. So let's hope together that new Strike Back will not be a disappointment.

So far so good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oduKbjX5yC8

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

unfortunately this is 2017 where "men are trash" is taken as 100% fact by a vast majority of people, not to mention the people who state it just to get some woke credentials

Dog piling is happening in this culture, but this is the adjustment for how terrible men are a lot oft the time and how long they've gotten away with bullshit.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

[quote="“esperterra”" post="“477125628”"]
Dollhouse is unironically my favourite Whedon show.
[/quote]

Same lol. Oh well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Josh Lyman posted:

Is OUAT actually worth watching or is it Shondaland-style trash?

It was genuinely kind of interesting for a season or two, when it was still fairytale LOST. Then it became campy schlock that was often boring, but worth watching (for me) for Lana Parilla's acting which ranges from excellent to bomb rear end scenery chewing depending on which Regina she is playing.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I tell people that if the idea of OUAT sounds appealing to them to go ahead and watch. Its pretty self explanatory and seems like a very "Yeah, that sounds like it could be fun" or "No, that sounds incredibly stupid" thing for most.

But I also tell them to like watch in seasons/arcs because its not a show you really want to binge 5 seasons of. Instead just tune in if it interests you and when the Frozen or Peter Pan story ties up consider walking away and coming back later for the next story.

I haven't seen the most recent season... or two. I have no idea. But eventually I'll be bored and have nothing to watch and fire it up where I left off and watch a silly soap opera with Disney characters. Probably around Thanksgiving/Christmas time when I like to watch silly things like that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's a great 'watch while doing something else' show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Lana Parilla's acting which ranges from excellent to bomb rear end scenery chewing depending on which Regina she is playing.

Worth noting she played both at the same time in the last season.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This Rick and Morty McDonald's sauce thing is not doing a great job on my opinion of that fanbase.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

This Rick and Morty McDonald's sauce thing is not doing a great job on my opinion of that fanbase.

So is it actually back in their stores or just the one jug they made for Justin?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Worth noting she played both at the same time in the last season.

I still haven't finished last season, but they didn't take nearly enough advantage of having Regina and The Evil Queen sharing the same timeline. But this show's biggest flaw is when it puts her storylines on a backburner or focuses it on bad romances.

Maybe I'll catch up this weekend. Shaking up the cast might breathe some life into the show, but I'll miss Jennifer Morrison's arms and all my lesbian subtext.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yep, that's definitely the worst thing that fanbase has done.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bou posted:

I know there are a handful of buddies of this show still around. So let's hope together that new Strike Back will not be a disappointment.

So far so good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oduKbjX5yC8

I'm moist now.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So is it actually back in their stores or just the one jug they made for Justin?

It was back in certain listed stores for today only.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Yep, that's definitely the worst thing that fanbase has done.

Obviously it's not the worst, but:

https://twitter.com/RadioJillian/status/916665486787481601

https://twitter.com/BradleyWBrower/status/916729572145745921

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's great, Rick is meta loving with MacDonald's. He might even bring the whole thing crashing down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet that guy who wants to sue is a cool dude.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's Super into drag race... so i'd say not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ, I missed the 6 hour drive across the border for a packet of loving gross sauce.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why the gently caress would anybody go to McDonalds for Szechuan chicken :lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Drag Race is amazing tyvm it only barely so for the past four seasons.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, I missed the 6 hour drive across the border for a packet of loving gross sauce.

I drove almost that far with someone to watch the sun play peek-a-boo for two minutes a couple months back. I feel better about myself at least seeing something this dumb.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How many of these people were alive long enough ago to actually have had their schezuan sauce? I don't recall it being anything special, but I always went for BBQ on my nuggets.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

Drag Race is amazing tyvm it only barely so for the past four seasons.

Counterpoint: If i wanted to hear high pitched shrieking and squabbling over a handful of treats. i can feed the seagulls.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've lived a good amount of time on this Earth and have not yet had the displeasure of eating a McDonald's Chicken Nugget. I will fight to valiantly keep the streak alive.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

X-O posted:

I've lived a good amount of time on this Earth and have not yet had the displeasure of eating a McDonald's Chicken Nugget. I will fight to valiantly keep the streak alive.
If you ever break the streak, you should break it by getting the 20 piece meal for $5 (if they still have that).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

They're pretty much the best thing at McDonald's, but I guess that isn't really saying much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wendy's nuggets are made of actual chicken.

Not that I've eaten at either place in ages.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

X-O posted:

I drove almost that far with someone to watch the sun play peek-a-boo for two minutes a couple months back. I feel better about myself at least seeing something this dumb.
Experiencing a total solar eclipse with a bunch of friends and strangers is worth it. It was a 4 hour drive for us because of traffic, no regrets.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Experiencing a total solar eclipse with a bunch of friends and strangers is worth it. It was a 4 hour drive for us because of traffic, no regrets.

This guy gets it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bruceski posted:

How many of these people were alive long enough ago to actually have had their schezuan sauce? I don't recall it being anything special, but I always went for BBQ on my nuggets.

It's literally just because of the meme.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just sweet and sour sauce with food coloring

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was sweet and sour mixed with barbecue. Either way yeah it's not some special thing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I doubt they even kept the recipe this long. It doesn't even matter what it tastes like, it's just the Rick and Morty crowd.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Eating fried chicken slathered in corn syrup is peak America

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sitting here going over all the dumb poo poo I did with my friends when I was young and trying to be honest with myself and figure out if its at all possible I would have driven 6 hours for some McDonalds nugget sauce because of a cartoon and the internet.

I don't think so but I'm old so I really can't account for how dumb the internet would have made us if it could do much more than AOL Instant Message, MySpace, and download Opie and Anthony songs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've definitely traveled longer for less when I was a teen but that's because I didn't have infinite video games to play back then and I'd get bored and get on my bike to go do stupid poo poo multiple towns away to kill some time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

Eating fried chicken slathered in corn syrup is peak America
Where do Chicken & Waffles fit into this equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

This is a remarkably "I don't even OWN a tv :smug:" thing to say for a tviv mod. They're great; I had them yesterday in fact. Not going out of my way for soy sauce dip though.

• Locked thread