Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

This is the worst advice any human being has ever given me, and I was once told that I should watch 2 Broke Girls.

e: spelling is hard

Yes, obviously you need to be reading his blog. Also i like your name.

<crudely and possibly drunken drawing of a cat.gif>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

and gently caress me the sims 4 is coming to consoles

godammit

just

loving godammit

N.. no.. noooo!!!

(I will inevitably buy it and there goes the neighborhood)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

I just got it today gently caress yeah

Also lol I'm the guy telling Croberts that yes it absolutely is a good idea to spend precious resources embedding a watermark in our game to catch filthy leakers.

wait when did watermarks start affecting cig i thought they were like immune to them

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

eXXon posted:

Did D:OS2 fix the horrible crafting system, inventory and pixel hunting from the first game?

Oh sorry this is the Star Citizen thread, well I'm really considering getting into it once 3.0 drops but maybe I'll check out the Citcon footage first seeya.

I never really did crafting in one, but I think its the same.

The inventory is basically the same, you can organize your stuff pretty easily though and Ive never seen any particular issue with it.

And the only pixel hunting you may have to do involve secret switches, anything else or plot important is usually viewable by holding alt, which you normally use to check for poo poo on the ground, etc.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's about who submits the most bug reports and confirmations in the issue council. But, believe what you want to.

It's about who you know.
Like everything on this planet...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dear Man of etc, etc,

I am pleased to announce that CitizenCon is coming soon! We here at SomethingAwful.com would love to hear your thoughts on the future of PC Gaming as it unfolds before our very eyes. We are also trying to collect some predictions on what will be shown and how it will be received by the audience. We think it will be a fun, constructive exercise.

Please respond to this query at your earliest convenience, it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jobbo "Lord Pinball" Fett,
SomethingAwful Industries
Reporter, Gaming Division

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

That in itself is a massive sea-change from previous years and patches. Remember when 2.0 got out to the ptu? It was wall to wall coverage well before it got into our hands (and then we played through 2 hours of glitchy broken content that they still haven't improved on two years later.)

This time, there is no coverage. It feels like the constant hype has absolutely sucked all the oxygen out of the room. Backers are so jaded by promises and announcements that the Jesus patch can roll out to some of them and the rest are just going "Eh. I'll believe it when I see it." I'm glad of it. And I don't think that what they see, when it does arrive, is going to energize them substantially.

When 2.0 came out nearly two years ago it was first revealed at a live event before being released to portions of the community without a NDA. It represented a major shift; a step out of the arena and the first glimpse of what SC actually is. Now people still know what to make of it, and more importantly Chris has failed to communicate what will make 3.0 particularly special. It looks like more of the same instead of any kind of transformational experience.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Hav posted:

<crudely and possibly drunken drawing of a cat.gif>

I'll get to GORF's level eventually.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Three point turn, that's cool
But what's Chris Roberts doing?
Three point oh, oh no

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

toanoradian posted:

I'll get to GORF's level eventually.

:cabot:

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

I'm the company that is being massively harmed by an individual's tort but I'm going to wait years to address it in a civil court because...

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

his nibs posted:

you have to click a thing in control panel>edit options>view thread options

well I did to get videos to embed

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's about who submits the most bug reports and confirmations in the issue council. But, believe what you want to.

lmao

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

So... is it nuts to suggest that maybe this forum no longer belongs in Games?

Move it to ADTRW but still probate anybody who posts anime.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
"I report that there are three hundred bugs here pop!"
"Excellent work son! Now, your reward, an entire colony of bugs!"
"Yaaaaay!"

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Lets put development resources into coming up with a watermarking scheme to catch out and punish our most devoted backers for leaking footage of an alpha patch beta.

Most open development ever.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Didn't CIG themselves say that there is no single deciding factor for who is in Evocati (like number of bug reports/money spent/forum activity etc.)? I think they did, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2SRffQVbpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTIysAaJN-w

is it even 3.0?

his nibs fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 8, 2017

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Has anyone suggested that we rub? I feel like that would solve a lot of problems.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

Has anyone suggested that we rub? I feel like that would solve a lot of problems.

a rub in the hand is worth two in the 'verse

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

I like that even in the leak, the player is too scared to bump into the ship lest it explode/go spinning off/clip into the ground etc etc

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

I like that even in the leak, the player is too scared to bump into the ship lest it explode/go spinning off/clip into the ground etc etc

Hello jitter my old friend, it's good to jank with you again

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

his nibs posted:

is it even 3.0?

Olisar rings turning again, must be 3.0. Huge milestone, big breakthrough.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Didn't they talk twenty minutes about their groundbreaking flight gear physics which they struggle to get right? Seems like that's one of the cut features.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how in the ultimate space game where you can do anything be anyone you can't even have your several hundred dollars of real money ship reliably sit still on the loving tarmac

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Early days

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Pipelines are up and running expect bug fixes thick and fast

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

two weeks

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen is good

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

Please don't doxx pgabz when he's in one of his rages

Considering the difference in color, I'm going to assume that pgabz is actually raging because someone dipped him in a bucket of paint.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

I like how in the ultimate space game where you can do anything be anyone you can't even have your several hundred dollars of real money ship reliably sit still on the loving tarmac

no but alpha

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

Considering the difference in color, I'm going to assume that pgabz is actually raging because someone dipped him in a bucket of paint.

Maybe he changes color when he gets angry? Some of my fish do that.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Alpha 3.naught

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Maybe he changes color when he gets angry? Some of my fish do that.

Kind of like the Hulk?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Olisar rings turning again, must be 3.0. Huge milestone, big breakthrough.

his nibs fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 8, 2017

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

Kind of like the Hulk?

Kinda

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpxznJVBLk4

the power of !raffle compels you

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm the wheels on a ship built for VTOL in zero gravity environments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Olisar rings turning for no loving reason whatsoever.