Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What happened to the goon tournament? Is that still happening? I'd be happy to help organize if that brings it along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bean posted:

What happened to the goon tournament? Is that still happening? I'd be happy to help organize if that brings it along.

Mea culpa. I had to deal with IRL business, but now that that's behind me and we know when October's Splatfests are happening, I've run out of excuses. I'll do a post about the tournament tomorrow.

As for the current Splatfest in Europe: this is probably the most lopsided Splatfest I've experienced. I think I can count all the encounters with Team Back Roll with my hands, almost all of my games were against my fellow Front Rollers. I fear we'll win a Pyrrhic victory in the popularity vote.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiQcqR8vps

Splatoon 2 is happening now at the Nintendo World Championships.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoever at Nintendo decided to pair up Moray Towers an the New Map deserves a silver bullet to the brain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All I wanted to do was play Splat Zones Snapper Canal but I got moray towers 3 times in a row and I quit out of all them. Ban me you cowards. gently caress that map.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Whoever at Nintendo decided to pair up Moray Towers an the New Map deserves a silver bullet to the brain

At least now you have a canal to dump the body in :v:.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay, guarding eggs in a Goldie round is cool and all, but if all the eggs are the very outer edges of the map, ignore them. It's going to take much longer to meet the quota if we all try to ferry all those eggs back to the basket, than to just hope the Goldie shows up in a better spot and start looking for it again.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Final hour of the toiletrie etiquette Splatfest started. I don't think the solo side is going to the front-siders.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Backside today

Backside tomorrow

Backside forever

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Better than when I got on to play the new map and ended up playing Humback

Eleven.
Times.
In a row.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

In Training posted:

I quit out of all them

hosed up.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Deco Heavy Splatling is bad in turf war. Source: 3 painful games. :(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Phew, I thought we lost this one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
28% of Europe are monsters it turns out

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There is no justice in this world

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pearl's streak continues

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Night Blade posted:

Everything I've seen is just like, dogmen and stuff... well, aside from that ONE that was kind of weird. Everything else was normal.

Don't hate on werewolves.

Totally gonna use that Talbain sprite for my Splatfest post. Speaking of what are the dimensions of a Splatoon 2 post in pixels

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 8, 2017

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rexroom posted:

Trip report: the Bamboozler is as good as it was from the original. It's still a weapon that requires a steady hand, but you can do fast splats with a quick shot after you hit someone with a full charge. Nice.

Most of the guides from S1 mention that it's usually a faster and easier kill with two half-charge shots. I've tried a couple of matches where I mostly half charge shoot and I think that it's definitely an easier way to play the weapon. Ultimately the bamboozler is a really good weapon when you have a blaster buddy since you can pick off people after they've taken a bit of damage.
e; Here's a match with a guy who played Bamboozler in S1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/180732520

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Totally gonna use that Talbain sprite for my Splatfest post. Speaking of what are the dimensions of a Splatoon 2 post in pixels

320x160 is what the automatic post printer uses

dromer fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 9, 2017

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'm looking forward to counting my sea snails. Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Post Splatfest banter courtesy of Rexroom:

P: AWWWW YISSSSSS! Sanity prevails!
M: Oh, no... Do you have any idea what you've done here, Pearl?
P: Struck down wrongness and instated justice, that's what!
M: I can see it now... Bathrooms across the land, covered in piles of unravelled roll!
P: Marina. Calm down. There are TWO cats in all of Inkopolis. Two. It's gonna be OK.
M: ...I guess... you might be right. I have to be calm. I have to be ready.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One of those cats is Lil' Judd. Have you looked in his eyes? He's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. He'll get ever roll in Inkopolis it doesn't matter

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

All I wanted to do was play Splat Zones Snapper Canal but I got moray towers 3 times in a row and I quit out of all them. Ban me you cowards. gently caress that map.

Players like you are 1000x worse than any map in the game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One of those cats is Lil' Judd. Have you looked in his eyes? He's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. He'll get ever roll in Inkopolis it doesn't matter
He reps the Bad Guys on the results screen for a reason.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Thanks for leaving your team in a lurch because you can't deal for 15 minutes I guess

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I got a Quad Splat with the Rainmaker. My first Quad Splat with the Rainmaker of all things.

Like, I use the Krak-on regularily, and it has the Baller but I've never got 4.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

As much as I like Marina I had to go with my heart for the upcoming splatfest.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://twitter.com/trickcadence/status/916756709648953344

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How is rainmaker on snapper canal? I've missed every rotation it's been in. I tried TC and like someone mentioned earlier it's a huge meatgrinder the entire time

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
UK and Irish squids might be interested in the following announcement.
https://twitter.com/ESLUK/status/917359486490333184

And yes, I'm working on ours. I'm a bit slow at times.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Gimbal lock posted:

Also, the tenta brella seems like it needed a buff, but "maximum damage buffed from 120 to 122.5" isn't it.

I think that part is just technical noise. The real buff is damage per shotgun pellet going from 6 to 7, so the damage is going to go up seeing as most of your hits are partials. I guess they didn't want its damage to stuff like bubble blower bubbles and rainmakers to go up in accordance with the per pellet damage buff.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This all blaster Salmon Run weapon rotation is really good. You absolutely tear through grillers and just about anything else in your way.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Turning the match around by annihilating the enemy team with a Heavy Splatling from a distance while they're all standing directly on top of the objective like a bunch of dorks is a good feeling... maybe too good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 10, 2017

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Blank Construct posted:

This all blaster Salmon Run weapon rotation is really good. You absolutely tear through grillers and just about anything else in your way.

I hate it

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Goldie waves are an absolute nightmare with these weapons. People are activating geysers to find the Goldie, but keep activating more by accident with their blasts trying to shoot the Goldie, which generates more mobs for them to shoot at, which activates more geysers, and aaaaah gently caress you've really outdone yourself this time, Mr. Grizz.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
So many filthy salmonid spraying outta the sewers. Got a Goldie round on round 3...we didn't make it, like not even close. Glowfly rounds are basically trivial. It's a bad map overall for blasters, so many accidental hits on the platform's propeller being stranded and surrounded.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dog nougat posted:

So many filthy salmonid spraying outta the sewers. Got a Goldie round on round 3...we didn't make it, like not even close. Glowfly rounds are basically trivial. It's a bad map overall for blasters, so many accidental hits on the platform's propeller being stranded and surrounded.

Even if you had the most optimum weapon set possible and a team of insane Splatoon veterans ready to go and work together like some kind of insane squidkid hivemind, Goldie rounds are still a wretched crapshoot of RNG that can fail you through no fault of your own.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Owers posted:

Goldie waves are an absolute nightmare with these weapons. People are activating geysers to find the Goldie, but keep activating more by accident with their blasts trying to shoot the Goldie, which generates more mobs for them to shoot at, which activates more geysers, and aaaaah gently caress you've really outdone yourself this time, Mr. Grizz.

Geyser rounds are fantastic if you don't have a team of morons who shoot every geyser without regard for the amount of light. I've gotten like 30-40 eggs on each of those rounds so far.

Blaster run owns, sorry chums

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

raditts posted:

Geyser rounds are fantastic if you don't have a team of morons who shoot every geyser without regard for the amount of light. I've gotten like 30-40 eggs on each of those rounds so far.

Blaster run owns, sorry chums

That's like the top tier of Geyser players I guess. First tier, looks at geysers, can't discern which have more or less light, never shoot many geysers, lose the round. Second tier, gently caress it just shoot geysers I don't know what he's on about regarding the light. Third tier actually knows what he's talking about.

I've honestly tried to look and compare but either I'm missing something or the difference is quite subtle. I've just been shooting them instead of wringing my hands about it.

edit: yep, got it, I was looking at the wrong light. I thought he was talking about the light ring before you shoot them. Carry on.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've lost the only two Mothership rounds I've seen because nobody helped me when the ship was vacuuming the eggs out of the basket

this way!

This Way!

THIS FUCKIN" WOOMIN' WAY poo poo!!!!

How the extra types of rounds work should probably be a forced tutorial like the bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Polish Avenger posted:

edit: yep, got it, I was looking at the wrong light. I thought he was talking about the light ring before you shoot them. Carry on.

Yeah, that confused me the first time the post-round Grizz message came up too. He's referring to the amount of light after you shoot them (along with the height of the geyser and the sound it makes).