Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
edit: tax

What the hell are pop-up parties

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

toanoradian posted:

when ever I'm with a rather salacious lady, there can be a pop up party.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7543k2/first_impressions_from_an_evocati/

quote:

Won't be posting vids or images as that definitely breaks NDA (and is identifiable) but I can give you a general overview about day 1. I made a special account to do this to avoid doxxing but I am a regular poster.
Positives: Item 2.0 revamps look super nice. The details on the new ships really show how much time they've put into them. They look great.
The stamina system and UI changes are fun and top notch. Some animation issues but that can be cleaned up pretty easy.
Cargo is simple point A to point B. Functional (well with the usual alpha bugs). But numbers go up and down.
Moons are moons. Think like smaller ED moons with a bit more terrain. pretty cool. They need to update the procedural generation as many mountain ranges are very clearly just mirrored or identical over small areas.
Negative so far: I average FPS in the teens on my hefty rig. The servers though are REALLY not stable. Anything more than 3-4 people on the server and things just fall apart. Its currently limited to something like half a dozen players in one instance but you'd never notice because you aren't getting that high and not crashing. I've never had an evocati even half this bad. The netcode fixes can't come soon enough.

I am completely shocked that's all he has to report on such a critical and much anticipated patch.

:allears:

loving :lol: they actually think networking is going to get better.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

toanoradian posted:

It's where you bring a food truck, a loud pa, and a merch van and park somewhere until the locals tell you to get lost

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Watermarking....

I wonder how many thousands of dollars they spent on that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I thought this was a photoshop when it was posted earlier in the thread...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pros: you can make numbers go up and down really well

Cons: the game is hardly functioning and multiplayer is unplayable

easy fix

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
I'm the procedural terrain generation that needs to be updated to stop cloning the same mountains all over the place

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

Negative so far: I average FPS in the teens on my hefty rig.

Hefty, like the trash bag you should throw it in. It's not Star Citizen's fault that you don't have enough computer to run the BDSSE

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/916654900968378368

some people just have incurable retardation

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm disappointed that no one has been added to derek's sig over the weekend :sigh:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Does 3.0 fix it so more than one person can see a Benny's machine at any given time? Or is making everyone in sync still needing multiple refactors?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

peter gabriel posted:

Yes but this woiuld mean Chris put more thought into anything than 'saw Top Gun that one time'

lmao if you don't watch it twice in one sitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQK6mHX-bA

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

As much as i dislike gremlich for being a massive idiot, he actually makes a good statement that i agree with but will take this no further in here because this thread isnt the place to really discuss politics.

Hes a massive idiot for defending sc though.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

:yeah:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

this thread isnt the place to really discuss politics.

:same:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Pop up parties are where you all take turns trying to make a virtual machine completely unusable due to adverts, malware and viruses. Fastest one wins, use of bonzi buddy is not allowed.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I thought pop-up parties had to do with sitting on the bad man's lap...

e: see Derek's alien probing...

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

As much as i dislike gremlich for being a massive idiot, he actually makes a good statement that i agree with but will take this no further in here because this thread isnt the place to really discuss politics.

Yes, let's make politically charged statements then say you can't reply to it because it's politically charged. :cheeky:

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Roflan posted:

Yes, let's make politically charged statements then say you can't reply to it because it's politically charged. :cheeky:

Whoa, whoa, slow your roll, pal. Legality and illegality are completely separate and unrelated concepts. Surely we can all agree on that.

Hm. Legality... Lethality... THIS MEANS SOMETHING...

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Roflan posted:

Let's not derail the thread and stick to what it was made for : animes. I liked the 2nd season of attack on the titans, but it could have used 12 more episodes.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Zzr posted:

Let's not derail the thread and stick to what it was made for : animes. I liked the 2nd season of attack on the titans, but it could have used 12 more episodes.

gently caress you, ketchup does go on steaks.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Pineapple ketchup on a well-done steak pizza

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Eating them inside a toilet with a paper roll that goes under.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I assume we've already made fun of "fideles quoad decedemus" at some point, yes?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
fideles quoad reditus??

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Zzr posted:

Well there's 12 more coming, but first the second season of Steampunk Samurai Zombie Trains.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Percelus posted:

i'm disappointed that no one has been added to derek's sig over the weekend :sigh:

He can't break the sig length rule again :ohdear:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

Mods? This is like posting anime and then saying that this is not the place to post anime.

There is a new season of Osomatsu.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Tippis posted:

To quote myself from Discord: if your whole schtick is “I'll show them! I'll show them all!”, then someone “showing them” something that's not part of the plan will obviously be a bad thing and needs to be rooted out and punished.

Meanwhile, the guys who should be upset about being made part of this bout of egomania have themselves gotten caught up in an affectation of being part of a select group, where being in possession of that juicy stuff marked “top secret” is a reward in and of itself. It makes them feel important, and — if it's slightly hidden — smart enough to spot the mark itself. Making it actually hidden and dull — which would be the correct thing to do — would defeat all that and rob them of the self-satisfaction that turns them into self-appointed guardians who help lash out at anyone who ruins the plan of “showing them all.”

So both parties have an interest in making it a secret, and a blindingly obvious one at that.

parp poo poo citizen

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832959

There's a good 'before' and 'after' couple of pics of the worktops the CIG coffee machine sit on in your thread Bootcha. I remember we all had a minor discussion about the disgusting state of their worktops and couldn't work out if it was the worktop pattern or just really disgustingly filthy.

Good to have some closure on it tbh, turns out it is indeed disgustingly filthy in a 'breach of health and safety in the workplace' and 'high risk of biohazard' kind of way. :)

Before:

After :barf:

what the sweet holy gently caress

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'm gonna get a 'free tophat' in here before his imminent probation for excessive just posting

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I thought it was stained like that on purpose.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

I thought for sure Chris had spilled something on his jeans, but no, it was just how his jeans looked?

I suppose Chris is too smart to show up in spoiled spilled pants.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I know, what level should i buy back in at?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Roflan posted:

Grimcreap’d

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832959

There's a good 'before' and 'after' couple of pics of the worktops the CIG coffee machine sit on in your thread Bootcha. I remember we all had a minor discussion about the disgusting state of their worktops and couldn't work out if it was the worktop pattern or just really disgustingly filthy.

Good to have some closure on it tbh, turns out it is indeed disgustingly filthy in a 'breach of health and safety in the workplace' and 'high risk of biohazard' kind of way. :)

Before:

After :barf:

Drink up Chris you goony looking child

Who can drink with that filth ? Clean the god drat counter

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It's a concrete countertop that wasn't sealed properly. So it's basically a giant hyper-porous sponge and impossible to keep clean because they cut corners and are stupid.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

AlternateAccount posted:

It's a concrete countertop that wasn't sealed properly. So it's basically a giant hyper-porous sponge and impossible to keep clean because they cut corners and are stupid.

Finished concrete for the industrial look!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

AlternateAccount posted:

they cut corners and are stupid.

This is surprising behavior from CIG.